Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 19, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2010
I read ahead in the manga so I know about where/when this current season is going to end. I wont spoil anything but it's most likely going to end with a big bang.

If anyone here has read ahead, they will know that after the big bang I mentioned, the series shifts from being mostly action based, to being more dialogue/politics based for a good amount of chapters.

Maybe the Creators factored this in and decided to cash in on this season being action packed in order to keep the hype up.

Thoughts?
May 19, 2017 11:31 AM

Nov 2015
That could be the case, but I hope not.
May 20, 2017 5:28 AM

Jun 2014
That's exactly what I thought too, and that's why I don't mind that this season is only 12 episodes. The next arc, at least for me personally, wasn't that exciting, so it wouldn't be a good way to finish a season. It would be much better to start season 3, which will hopefully be 25 episodes again, with that arc, to get it out of the way, and then the rest of season 3 can be used for more exciting stuff.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2017 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
Same here, i think so too. In the best case scenario we`ll get 3d season with 25 eps or more with 2 adapted arcs in the next year or two. Let`s hope it`ll end up this way!
May 20, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2017
it is only 12 ep and took 4 years to be made because the anime was so shit that the author couldn't support making more than that and he needed 4 years to heal from awfulness of the last season but since it was popular and loved he had to make this 12 ep at least
May 20, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
it is only 12 ep and took 4 years to be made because the anime was so shit that the author couldn't support making more than that and he needed 4 years to heal from awfulness of the last season but since it was popular and loved he had to make this 12 ep at least

LEL. *Looking at your profile*, *Watches only typical harems*, *all of them 10/10*.
Dude, GTFO!
May 20, 2017 8:04 AM
May 2015
TheDingleberry said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

LEL. *Looking at your profile*, *Watches only typical harems*, *all of them 10/10*.
Dude, GTFO!

That's what happens when you have no social life(at first I thought the guy was a 20 year old virgin but he's only 15)
May 20, 2017 8:07 AM

Aug 2015
NoValueNobs said:
TheDingleberry said:

Dude, GTFO!

That's what happens when you have no social life(at first I thought the guy was a 20 year old virgin but he's only 15)

Well, deep inside I believe that he`s a troll, but if he`s serious then I can`t help but feel sorry for him!
May 20, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
NoValueNobs said:

Yare Yare Daze...

May 20, 2017 8:38 AM
Sep 2016
I personally think so too, also I don't particularly mind the waiting as I'm still fairly young.
May 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
NoValueNobs said:
TheDingleberry said:

Dude, GTFO!

don't worry my social life is greater than most of the users here because i actually have a life many friends and a girlfriend
and by the way learn how to understand a joke
May 20, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2017
TheDingleberry said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

Dude, GTFO!
learn how to understand a joke "lel"
ps even if it was a joke i still find this show decent at most
May 20, 2017 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
I think they're also considering that the Uprising arc wasn't particularly well received, though it was pretty hard to follow reading each chapter month-to-month and I imagine it'll be easier to follow when it's animated. But they probably don't want to take the risk of leaving the anime off for awhile with that arc.
May 20, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2017
Sadaharusenpai said:
kikyo1hinamora said:
don't worry my social life is greater than most of the users here because i actually have a life many friends and a girlfriend
and by the way learn how to understand a joke

Learn how to understand joke

I just looked at your Anime list and you gave the first season after watching 13 episodes a 5/10 with the following tag: french dub on the web if it wasn't in french dub this show would be dropped now

lolwut
so what i like dub more than sub if the dub is actually good that make the watching experience better to me since i don't have to read what is bad about thatand what does this even have to do with what i sad
May 20, 2017 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
Sadaharusenpai said:
kikyo1hinamora said:
so what i like dub more than sub if the dub is actually good that make the watching experience better to me since i don't have to read what is bad about thatand what does this even have to do with what i sad

In my experience dubs fail to convey emotions like they do in the original, not so great dubs can easily ruin shows. Considering you seem to prefer harem/schoolgirl anime, why continue watching this show when you rate it this low?
maybe it will get better at some point and anyways it is now on my hold list and not watching list and eng dub are bad he only dub i can support is naruto's dub but i personally think that french dub is most of the time good
May 20, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
YouniverSoul said:
I read ahead in the manga so I know about where/when this current season is going to end. I wont spoil anything but it's most likely going to end with a big bang.

If anyone here has read ahead, they will know that after the big bang I mentioned, the series shifts from being mostly action based, to being more dialogue/politics based for a good amount of chapters.

Maybe the Creators factored this in and decided to cash in on this season being action packed in order to keep the hype up.

Thoughts?

I agree with you (I'm a manga reader, too). And yes, I think season 2 will definitely cover the whole Clash of the Titans arc and season 3 will be the Uprising Arc. I hate it when people say that Uprising Arc is a boring arc, like c'mon it's got a lot of gems like:

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 20, 2017 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:

Pretty sure that's not how a manga adaptation works.

hi iam 15 years old and my favorite genre is echi harem welcome to my profile

Never mind
archaaiMay 20, 2017 10:48 AM
May 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Jun 2007
So... ignoring the obvious troll comment...

I think they'll go for 12 episodes cours like DRRR. It seems to be the way the anime industry is working in these years.
edwarxMay 20, 2017 8:37 PM
May 20, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2016
اme too I think that !
May 20, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2010
edwarx said:
So... ignoring the obvious troll comment...

I think they'll go for 12 episodes cours like DRRR. It seems to be the way the anime is working in these years.

I honestly wouldn't mind that as long as the seasons aren't more than a year apart. Only thing is if they make season 3 only 12 episodes, it would be kinda boring

Also, the whole theory that the reason why AOT S2 only has 12 episodes is bcuz of a lack of animators seems like BS to me.
How could a show as successful as AOT not have people clawing at it for a chance to be part of the production team?...sounds off imo

YouniverSoulMay 20, 2017 3:55 PM
May 20, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
I think more realistically (casting aside lack of animators and studios being overworked), is that the point of quite a lot of anime is to get people to read the manga or LN source material. After season one, the manga gained A LOT more popularity. And then four years went by... that is a long time in the anime community. So not only do you have an audience who already knows the stor and no need to draw more attention to the manga, but the hype train has significantly slowed down after 4 years.

In that regard, I'm hoping they put out a 12 episode season to gauge audience interest. Sure, hype built back up, but a misfire early on in the season could have caused viewership to plummet. So long as this season does well financially, hopefully it will give Wit Studio more time to dedicate to SnK and we will get a split season. Ideally, it would be nice if they formatted it like Boku no Hero Academia and follow up this 12 episode season with a 2-cour season in late 2017/early 2018.
May 20, 2017 9:36 PM

Apr 2016
Not like that they are afraid of continuing the anime as a whole but if they ended the season with uprising arc but not with the epic battle between beast titan and the survey corps. The story is gonna raise more questions without proper payoff and people are probably gonna lose interest through the waiting.
May 20, 2017 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
That's just my thought about how to maintain the hype of this anime though. I still believe they just lack the resources to do 24 episodes.
May 20, 2017 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:

You know I don't think that's how that works but alright then bud. The arcs definitely do get better. The current one this season is my favorite, but the future ones (if they get animated) will be amazing if you can understand the timeline and stuff.

Putting aside that comment, I do just think this season is 12 episodes because of yeah, the lack of animators and workers and just they lack what they need for a full 24 episodes. There's also the factor of if they end it at this arc, people won't wait for a 3rd season and they'll read the manga. There is a possibility it was to keep the hype up. But since this season is all action and the next one will be a lot of politics and dialogue, I think that would probably kill the hype if they did that for the third season.

thatdoggonegirl7 said:

YES ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS THESE ARE AMAZING
May 21, 2017 1:25 AM

Jun 2016
Aegerius said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

You know I don't think that's how that works but alright then bud. The arcs definitely do get better. The current one this season is my favorite, but the future ones (if they get animated) will be amazing if you can understand the timeline and stuff.

Putting aside that comment, I do just think this season is 12 episodes because of yeah, the lack of animators and workers and just they lack what they need for a full 24 episodes. There's also the factor of if they end it at this arc, people won't wait for a 3rd season and they'll read the manga. There is a possibility it was to keep the hype up. But since this season is all action and the next one will be a lot of politics and dialogue, I think that would probably kill the hype if they did that for the third season.

thatdoggonegirl7 said:

YES ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS THESE ARE AMAZING

EEEEK! I can't wait. I love your forum pic and signature, btw. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 21, 2017 3:36 AM

Nov 2015
The reason why it's 12 episodes could be that they've too many animes to do. They need to make a lot of animes every year, which makes them unable to focus on the sucessfull ones.
May 21, 2017 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
I read the manga. I'm not up to date yet. But I have read a lot of the next arc. And yeah ... it seems like this is going to be a bit longer. I guess they did not want to start it and then suddenly stop. Makes sense to use 2-cour for the next arc (or that arc + stuff after it) so it won't get split.

(Which means if they wanted to include it in this season they'd had to do 3-cour which is uncommon.) Or thy just want to do 1-cour like Berserk does it atm (with 1 season break and then another cour).

Personally I liked the next arc a lot. A lot of nice interactions between the chars - you usually don't get this with more focus in action (less talking).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.