Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Schierke is such a fearless witch. I love her role in this season so far.

Guts kicked ass as usual by spilling the blood of his enemies. I think this episode had a very dark feel because of Guts' past. Slan is such a sinister monster still. Glad they kept the censorship to a minimal for this episode or otherwise, it would of been a joke. This episode also gave Isidro to prove himself.

Nice to also see Skull Knight again.
TyrelJul 24, 2017 8:02 PM
May 19, 2017 8:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That blonde girl was the one that got kidnapped a few eps back while her brother died defending her right? I felt so bad for her :(
May 19, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, very nice adaptation so far.

Stuff in the trolls lair was honestly really disturbing. :|

Tokoya said:
That blonde girl was the one that got kidnapped a few eps back while her brother died defending her right? I felt so bad for her :(

Holy shit! I did not recognize her, Damn now I feel even more bad for her. :(

Love how Guts wrecked those trolls and props to Farnese and Isidoro for coming through with their defense. Schierke is great as always. :)

Slan appears and Skull Knight to the rescue, that guy is just way too cool. XD
Gut's stabbing Slan was pure awesome.

Guts has found comrades again. :)
Lelouch0202May 19, 2017 8:47 AM
May 19, 2017 9:06 AM
Nov 2016
Another good episode. Some scenes gives me goosebumps and hype just like other episodes. Guts finally realized that he has comrades.

Can't wait for next week! Be prepared people!

Tokoya said:

Yup. :'(
XtrStrMay 19, 2017 9:13 AM
May 19, 2017 9:16 AM
Apr 2015
Comrads ! I Never Thought I'd ever Find them Again. WOW!
This Episode was good and the animation was good too ! loved it
May 19, 2017 9:20 AM
Sep 2012
great episode as usual!

long time fans, after not too long ago falling in love with this show, is it worth watching the original 20something epis anime ? I ve gotten into it because of the cg movies remake and sequels and been wondering that.
May 19, 2017 9:24 AM
Nov 2016
Kikinho said:
great episode as usual!

long time fans, after not too long ago falling in love with this show, is it worth watching the original 20something epis anime after I ve gotten into it because of the cg movies remake and sequels?

Yes, I'd say it is worth watching if you can stand the old drawing style.

By the way, have you read the manga?? IMO it's 100x(maybe I'm exaggerating here :-P) better than all the adaptations. Not to mention there are tons of stuff which are not included in the adaptations, there is even one very good arc they skipped over in the anime.
XtrStrMay 19, 2017 9:29 AM
May 19, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
intense ep and i loved it each ep makes me love this series more and more at some point really do gotta read the manga

but great ep next ep finally gonna be fighting one of the bosses so am looking forward to that
"one step at a time"
May 19, 2017 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
Not bad, not bad at all. Nonstop action and awesomeness from Guts, and even Isidro got an opportunity to show off some of his skills. It was also good to see the Skull King show up and help Guts defeat Slan (not gonna lie Miyuki Sawashiro sounded hot voicing her), as well as helping him escape. Looks like next episode will finally show that Berserker Armor I've seen some people talk about.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2015
GREAT EPISODE!!
dem comrade feels
Gonna be a long wait for next week
May 19, 2017 10:33 AM
Apr 2017
Great episode i loved literally everything, the music, action the adaptation and pacing is also very great. I'm pretty confident to say this would have been one of the best anime of the season if it was done in 2d.
May 19, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2013
Those feelings at the end were great, Guts has comrades again!
May 19, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
Very, very interesting episode, with the Skull Knight being awesome as usual and lots of ominous forces coming right to the fray. Certainly looking more and more promising going forward.
May 19, 2017 10:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another nice episode to enjoy. Guts and the return of the "friends" (friendly in this case)... i hope not end how the last time :/
May 19, 2017 11:44 AM

Sep 2016
Hai Yo!!!!!! OST whenever Guts shows up is always hype
and berserker armor next ep
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 19, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
It's always fascinating to see Schierke chanting incantations.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 19, 2017 12:40 PM
Sep 2016
Enjoyable, but it could've been done much better. There are still many unforced errors:
- Gregorian chant music during troll rape scene? Why? Totally baffling.
- Guts' troll-slaying scene didn't have anywhere near as much rumination on his situation as it should've had. It all just flew by.
- The Slan confrontation didn't feel anywhere near as eventful as it should have. The tension and release of the scene should have made a greater impact.

So, basically the show has stopped being a disaster this season -- I *am* enjoying it -- but there's still much room for improvement.
May 19, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2014
DUDE THAT WAS SICK!

I love it, Berserk is the first Manga I ever read/trying to read, so seeing this animated is something big for me.

And the OST during the big troll fight is awesome, it sound like a remix of My Brother.
fr0zenionMay 19, 2017 1:05 PM
*Too complicated to cared*
May 19, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode!
I'm hyped for the following events! o/
May 19, 2017 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
TrevRockOne said:
Enjoyable, but it could've been done much better. There are still many unforced errors:
- Guts' troll-slaying scene didn't have anywhere near as much rumination on his situation as it should've had. It all just flew by.
- The Slan confrontation didn't feel anywhere near as eventful as it should have. The tension and release of the scene should have made a greater impact.

So, basically the show has stopped being a disaster this season -- I *am* enjoying it -- but there's still much room for improvement.

I totally agree about the Slan thing. There was obviously some effort put in, but I think it should have been more dramatic. I can't decide whether I'm happy the pace moves quickly or not... Sometimes it's great because things don't drag, but sometimes I wish they'd spend a little more time rather than rushing through events....

But overall, I"m happy. I fucking LOVE Berserk... I cry basically every time something happens because all the themes and messages really strike a chord with me. Miura is a genius... Lets hope he can keep the manga chapters coming!!
May 19, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2015
TrevRockOne said:
The Slan confrontation didn't feel anywhere near as eventful as it should have. The tension and release of the scene should have made a greater impact.

Exactly my thoughts.
Here it looked like Guts left the fight almost unscathed.
May 19, 2017 1:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They did a great job bringing Miura's crazy creations to life. very enjoyable. This is slowly getting better, but darn they shouldn't show the sweet fruit of gorgeous 2D when they then switch to CGI after that. Stick to one for feck sakes.

The OST on this episode was pretty rad.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
yes my boy Skull knight is back and that was a reall weird choice of music during Isidoro fight with the trolls
May 19, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 2013
Berserker Armor next episode!?

YES. A THOUSAND YES!

Though I can see them introducing the armor at the end of the episode.

May 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2010
Damn.. this episode was epic.
Berserk 2017 is one of my favorite anime this year by far
May 19, 2017 6:05 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like it was a bit rushed, specially the scenes between where Guts was left alone to kill the trolls and when the manage to seal the cave.
May 19, 2017 6:23 PM
Dec 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode, very nice adaptation so far.

Stuff in the trolls lair was honestly really disturbing. :|

Tokoya said:

Holy shit! I did not recognize her, Damn now I feel even more bad for her. :(

Love how Guts wrecked those trolls and props to Farnese and Isidoro for coming through with their defense. Schierke is great as always. :)

Slan appears and Skull Knight to the rescue, that guy is just way too cool. XD
Gut's stabbing Slan was pure awesome.

Guts has found comrades again. :)

I can't wait for a Blu-Ray of this to be released because I really don't like that did that very bad black bubble censorship to it.
May 19, 2017 6:24 PM
Dec 2015
I am glad to see that my favorite panel in the manga was brought to life in an awesome way in this.
May 19, 2017 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Best one yet.

Ewww those trolls are disgusting raping those women.
Cool to see Guts acknowledge Farnese & Isidoro. Those two had their moment to shine which was awesome.

Schierke is the best. Love her magic.

Miyuki Sawashiro voicing Slan was amazing. So seductive & crazy.

Skull Knight to the rescue. This guy is great.
Glad Guts has a group of people he can call his comrades :)

Berserker Armor next week. Can't wait.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 19, 2017 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
im liking this season unlike the previous one, Isidros fight had an ost that reminded me of the Matrix
May 19, 2017 8:45 PM

Mar 2014
Do they remove the black bars in the rape scenes when the Blu-Ray comes out?
May 20, 2017 1:15 AM
Jul 2015
It's great that Guts have found new people to call comrades

KaldyMay 20, 2017 1:18 AM
May 20, 2017 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
The lack of nipples is still disturbing...

Those comrade feels at the end ;_;

Dat sexy Slan tho!
May 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah, that's the stuff!
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
May 20, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2015
Oh boy, what the hell did I just watch.

But it was pretty damn good though, once Guts and the others came to the rescue.

May 20, 2017 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
The moment when Guts stabs Slan with the Dragonslayer.... pure awesomeness.

I am very liking this season so far.

May 20, 2017 10:19 AM
Oct 2015
Whenever Guts charges in, it always sends chills down my spine, such strength. As for Isidoro, finally, he had his moment. Great season so far, the dragonslayer sound is just amazing!!!! The end with Guts saying: Comrades, I never thought I'd ever find them again... AHHH THE FEELS.
May 20, 2017 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
Not many people seem to talk about it, but goddamn the 2D background of the Qlipoth was really beautiful, I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to capture it perfectly with this kind of animation.
The CGI animation blended so well with it too, I'd say that was a huge improvement for this series.

After all the struggle that Guts faced till this point, the moment when he was recalling the sense of comradery that he once felt before the Eclipse almost made me cry.
May 20, 2017 7:19 PM
Nov 2011
Another very good episode. That's what, four in a row at least?

Rrecool said:
Not many people seem to talk about it, but goddamn the 2D background of the Qlipoth was really beautiful, I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to capture it perfectly with this kind of animation.
The CGI animation blended so well with it too, I'd say that was a huge improvement for this series.

After all the struggle that Guts faced till this point, the moment when he was recalling the sense of comradery that he once felt before the Eclipse almost made me cry.

Yeah, it was a decent enough effort to bring the Qlipoth to life. The gloomy and dark conditions made the CGI a bit more fit in some parts when it was used too. The hand-drawn parts felt loyal enough as well.

Ditto about Guts thinking about the new comradery he's found. It sent me goosebumps seeing the old Band of the Falcon there in parallel with the new group.

a_noobish_noob said:
I am glad to see that my favorite panel in the manga was brought to life in an awesome way in this.

Which one of them was it? That chapter had quite a few very good ones.

sullynathan said:
Do they remove the black bars in the rape scenes when the Blu-Ray comes out?

For sure.

Kikinho said:
great episode as usual!

long time fans, after not too long ago falling in love with this show, is it worth watching the original 20something epis anime ? I ve gotten into it because of the cg movies remake and sequels and been wondering that.

It definitely is. If you haven't yet, you haven't experienced the powerful, nearly symbiotic relation of Susumu Hirasawa's soundtracks with Berserk.

Samiwaw said:

Yes, I'd say it is worth watching if you can stand the old drawing style.

By the way, have you read the manga?? IMO it's 100x(maybe I'm exaggerating here :-P) better than all the adaptations. Not to mention there are tons of stuff which are not included in the adaptations, there is even one very good arc they skipped over in the anime.

This is no exaggeration, but yeah, the 97 anime, even missing a bunch of stuff (Puck, SkullKnight, Wyald) has been arguably the best piece of adaptation for some time, even better than the recent movies in terms of coverage and just the overall spirit of the Golden Age arc in my opinion.

TrevRockOne said:

The track used during the troll rape scene is a buddhist "Heart Sutra". It was used at the 3rd movie during the scene of Griffith's descent. I agree it's a bit of a strange use here though.

Either way, that they actually showed that whole scene, even if it was with some understandable censoring, without butchering too much, makes me hopeful of some of the episodes to come.
Fate_ArcherMay 20, 2017 7:34 PM
May 20, 2017 8:12 PM

Mar 2016
Troll rape ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 21, 2017 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
Those damn trolls! Raping the girls, argh!
I love to see how Farnese changes thanks to Caska! She is a good person.
Slan!!! I have a feeling she likes Guts a bit...and Skull Knight saves the day!
May 21, 2017 8:17 AM
Jun 2016
CGI looks better and better!
May 21, 2017 10:18 AM

Feb 2016
First I've seen old man rape in anime, then tentacle rape, then demon rape, then horse rape, and now troll rape...

I am confident I can say that I've seen it all
May 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2015
Another good and intense episode. Schierke keeps on growing on me and the skull knight shows up to save the day once again.
May 21, 2017 8:44 PM
Dec 2015
Fate_Archer said:

a_noobish_noob said:

Which one of them was it? That chapter had quite a few very good ones.

@Fate_Archer it is the one associated with this quote, "When you gaze into the darkness, the darkness gazes into you, as well"
May 22, 2017 1:02 AM

Oct 2008
The MVP of this episode is none other than The Skull Knight!
5/5!

I'm hyped-up and excited for the Berserker Armor next episode!

frame 23:53 is great for wallpaper! (Guts Nakama!)
matias067May 22, 2017 3:51 AM

May 22, 2017 8:52 PM
Nov 2011
a_noobish_noob said:
@Fate_Archer it is the one associated with this quote, "When you gaze into the darkness, the darkness gazes into you, as well"

That's a very good one. It's a nice reference to Nietzsche as well.
May 27, 2017 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
The Skull Knight returns!!! One of the God's Hand appears! Guts goes insane fighting dark evil monsters! So ya know just the average Berserk episode lol It was awesome and next weeks episode looks like it will be even better!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 28, 2017 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
This was about as intense an episode as you can ask for, just brutal.
May 29, 2017 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
cool nightmarish scenes
totally Sawashiro
best ost plays for Ishidoro

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

85 by Revanant1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 18, 2023 1:02 AM

» 3rd season?

Arddaa52 - Jul 5, 2021

19 by Amirsalar88 »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

70 by vincxntt »»
Aug 25, 2022 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.