Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 19, 2017 5:02 AM
Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched it raw, and this episode was pretty good. Ye Xiu basically let the Tiny Herb team use him as their training partner haha. There's also the 1 v 1 fight between Ye Xiu and Wang Jiexi, nice heart-to-heart talks of Ye Xiu advising Yi Fan and Tang Rou, and the highlight of this episode, Steamed Bun Invasion's real-life appearance! Once again, will need to watch with subs to fully understand the episode.

And for those wondering why Steamed Bun Invasion's real self appeared so early even though he only appeared later in the novel, I read that the author has said that Steamed Bun Invasion's real self was supposed to appear this early in the novel, but he forgot about it ^^" He only remembered when he was thinking of introducing another character to come to the internet cafe.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:42 PM
May 19, 2017 5:53 AM

Oct 2016
Interesting episode. Not as much action but instead got some nice character development for everybody.

And it looks like ShaoTian's bad habit is starting to rub off Ye Xiu as well. JieXi mentioned even trash talk is worth learning, but I just can't imagine him doing it, lol.

On a side note, MC-kun should really lay off a bit with the smoking. It's not gonna do him any good if he wants to get his career back on track at his age.
May 19, 2017 6:41 AM
Mar 2014
Been loving the show and reading the light novels for the past few days. Looks like the SUB is set to come out tomorrow? It's been a while since I've been excited about the delay between watching and subbing enough to watch the RAW. Guess that's to be expected with the last episode ending on such an awful cliffhanger, lol.
May 19, 2017 6:58 AM
Apr 2017
I am truly disappointed by this episode.

I not sure if CMay hired multiple writers and each of them responsible for different episodes, cuz ep8's quality dropped so drastically and it became a nightmare for me, and looks even worst since it continue after the very well-done ep7. It's like they want to rush the story but they don't want to completely abandon all those good arc in the novel, so they choose to include a tiny bit of everything in the episode, which is confuse af cuz things just happened while no explanation and no development.

Plot holes are everywhere. Literally EVERYWHERE.

And don't even get me start with Tang Rou's plot. I feel like CMay's writer is either hate Tang Rou or just didn't bother to show us more about her. The 1v1 combat scene between her and all Tiny Herb show us she is not just a girl with fast APM but a fierce, unique character who love facing challenges. By deleting this scene, her character has become even less interesting imo. Also, I really despite how they portray her character as a cold, emotionless girl. Tang Rou is always calm and polite but never cold.

The only thing I enjoy in this episode is another good combat between Lord Grim and Jiexi. The Qiao Yifan's character development scene was suppose to be good, but it can be better.

May 19, 2017 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
Where do you watch raws?
May 19, 2017 7:33 AM
May 2017
这一集是不错,但是剧情推进太快了.
It looks good, but the plot is getting faster.
我没看过小说,但是还是感觉到了.
I haven't read the novel, but I still feel it.
表达是表达出来了,但是不够细腻.
The expression is expressed, but not subtle detailed.
当然,这不算太糟糕.
Of course, that's not too bad
6.9分
6.9 points.
多0.1分怕你骄傲.
Be afraid of your pride.
至于缺点,当然是选择原谅它啦.
The downside, of course, is to choose to forgive it.
May 19, 2017 7:34 AM
Apr 2017
There are some old problems at the beginning(such as CGI ,product placement ), but the other parts are good.
I watched twice, the second feeling is better than the first time.At first only paid attention to the problems , ignored a lot of details
May 19, 2017 7:59 AM

Sep 2016

tang rou and steamed bun join the PvP and more qiao yifan new account
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 19, 2017 9:26 AM
Apr 2017
GangsterCat said:

Will we watch the ALL-STAR Match......only 3 episodes left ∑(っ °Д °;)っ
May 19, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
GangsterCat said:

oh Huang Shaotian is back! Holy shit that skipped a lot of the novel, they must've rushed things through again in episode 8... Also that tease with Zhou Zekai, honestly...
May 19, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2016
SkyFullOfStars said:
GangsterCat said:

oh Huang Shaotian is back! Holy shit that skipped a lot of the novel, they must've rushed things through again in episode 8... Also that tease with Zhou Zekai, honestly...
they will probably skip all dungeon stuff to get more pro players and esports scenes, which is good because those dungeon things are really boring.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 19, 2017 10:29 AM

Apr 2017
GangsterCat said:

Oh my God! I really like this music. Can anyone know what this melody is, who is the performer? Where can I download or buy it?
May 19, 2017 12:10 PM
Feb 2015
zoren13 said:
Where do you watch raws?

Raws are likely through less than reputable means. Be cool. Watch the English dub on the studio's producer's YouTube page and give them watches and likes!
❤全职高手The King's Avatar❤

Edit: Producer's not studio's YouTube page is linked.
koffixMay 19, 2017 12:14 PM
May 19, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2016
koffix said:
zoren13 said:
Where do you watch raws?

Raws are likely through less than reputable means. Be cool. Watch the English dub on the studio's producer's YouTube page and give them watches and likes!
❤全职高手The King's Avatar❤

this less reputable means is youtube. everything is on youtube, everything.
CrossAnge

May 19, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2008
SkyFullOfStars said:
GangsterCat said:

Don't think they skipped that much, Yu wenzhou appears in chap 182 with Huang shaotian.
May 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
The pace was really bad for this episode, they cut out the majority of the fights against Tiny Herb, most importantly the talk with Wang JieXi and Tang Rou, seems like they really want to reach all-star 24 within 12 episodes, so roughly 50 Chaps per episode. Really could have used more time and money for extra episodes.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 19, 2017 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
ap1001 said:
The pace was really bad for this episode, they cut out the majority of the fights against Tiny Herb, most importantly the talk with Wang JieXi and Tang Rou, seems like they really want to reach all-star 24 within 12 episodes, so roughly 50 Chaps per episode. Really could have used more time and money for extra episodes.
Kinda sad tbh. I've been reading from since where the last episode was at and they really just skipped all the fights. The dialogue between the users and the fights were pretty nice of a read. It's sad to see that they wanna skip all that stuff just go to chapter 3xx (from 140).

After watching the episode fully before this comment, they really did skip every single fight except for the one. By far the worst episode to date.
TyrelMay 19, 2017 2:56 PM
May 19, 2017 5:00 PM
Apr 2017
I'm not sure why so many people hate this episode besides the reused scenes. Is everyone interested in this series just because all the in game fighting? I'd rather see more character development with one good fight instead of a bunch of mediocre ones. honestly I side with producer on this episode. Its time to introduce some proper rivals for the MC now instead of focusing on how good he is, that's how you get a better idea of what his level looks like.
May 19, 2017 5:14 PM
May 2017
MoMoePom said:
I'm not sure why so many people hate this episode besides the reused scenes. Is everyone interested in this series just because all the in game fighting? I'd rather see more character development with one good fight instead of a bunch of mediocre ones. honestly I side with producer on this episode. Its time to introduce some proper rivals for the MC now instead of focusing on how good he is, that's how you get a better idea of what his level looks like.

你可以理解为我们想让它变得更好,但是我们并没有不喜欢
You can understand that we want to make it better, but we don't dislike it
May 19, 2017 6:13 PM
Apr 2017
SkyFullOfStars said:
GangsterCat said:

Be realistic!If they don't skip ,you need to watch this anime for 10 years at least
wangdonghuMay 19, 2017 6:20 PM
May 19, 2017 6:39 PM
Nov 2010
MoMoePom said:

I don't think it's that we hate it, but even for an anime-only watcher, this episode is clearly one of the weaker episodes. It was still decent though. And I like what character development there is in this episode.

But seriously? Nobody here is commenting on Steamed Bun Invasion's real-life appearance in this episode? Lol. I know you guys probably already saw that coming, but still.

GangsterCat said:
koffix said:

❤全职高手The King's Avatar❤

this less reputable means is youtube. everything is on youtube, everything.

You do know the link leads to the official YouTube channel for the anime, right? This is the most reputable means besides bilibili.
eplipswichMay 19, 2017 6:58 PM
May 19, 2017 6:55 PM
Aug 2015
where to watch sub?
May 19, 2017 6:59 PM
Apr 2017
ap1001 said:

Could they reach all-star? ...only 3 episodes left _(:3 」∠)_
fight with Zhang Xinjie, Christmas mission and all-star? Σ( ° △ °|||)︴
May 19, 2017 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
koffix said:
zoren13 said:
Where do you watch raws?

❤全职高手The King's Avatar❤

I watch the episodes on youtube when they come out, even if I've already seen it, but they usually upload a week late and I really can't wait for a week
May 20, 2017 5:23 AM
Nov 2010
Just watched the episode with subs. Great episode! Appreciated it more with the subs :D The subs definitely make things a lot clearer.
May 20, 2017 6:12 AM
Apr 2017
wangdonghu said:
SkyFullOfStars said:

Be realistic!If they don't skip ,you need to watch this anime for 10 years at least

Wouldnt be so bad. Some Anime are over and are just getting dragged down the line by constant repeats (one piece)
May 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Ye Xiu let the Tiny Herb team use him as their training partner. He even gave them suggestions on how to improve themselves. His fight against Wang Jiexi was cool. Wang Jiexi gave some good tips to his team as well. Steamed Bun's appearance was funny.
May 20, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2011
Mod note: To the Chinese watchers, please note that the forums are for English only. Chinese + English isn't allowed and just Chinese as well. It must be English only.
May 20, 2017 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I wish we could've seen more fights, from what I read above I guess they skipped em all. Guess I'll wait till the anime ends before reading the novel from scratch.

I love how Grim went all smug and arrogant on the Tiny Herb team, he totally wrecked them, he's getting himself quite the bargain for these training sessions. I also really liked how he advised that one guy, that was nice. :)

The best part of the episode was the fight between the Magician and Grim, way too awesome. I laughed when that one guy started crying on seeing Magicians powers get released.
Also lot of really nice dialogue in the series especially regarding how unique player have to force themselves to adjust and the amount of stuff the Magician guy has sacrificed to lead his team. The conversation between Grim and the red haired girl at the end was also really nice, I like how he said the tournaments are only as much fun as you have with the game. :)

Looking forward to the next episode.
May 20, 2017 12:45 PM
Oct 2016
I liked all episodes so far and probably because i never read the novels hehe

does Yifan ever joins Lord's Grim team? :P he gave him tips, saw he has potential and since from what i saw in the last episode Tiny Herb doesnt have big expectations for him, is that a possibility? him joining Lord Grim?

p.s. love how the weapon will evolve into a dual sword in the next episode... cant wait !!!!!
OvelhazinhaMay 20, 2017 12:52 PM
May 20, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
eplipswich said:
But seriously? Nobody here is commenting on Steamed Bun Invasion's real-life appearance in this episode? Lol. I know you guys probably already saw that coming, but still.
Honestly when he appeared, I was even in doubt about his identity, until he said his name. Because he's not supposed to appear in this cafe until Ye Xui and Chen Guo decides to make a pro team and buy a residence, which is around chapter 500 in the novel. Even Concealed Light hasn't been introduced yet, and Yifan barely started his ghostblade.

Ovelhazinha said:

does Yifan ever joins Lord's Grim team? :P he gave him tips, saw he has potential and since from what i saw in the last episode Tiny Herb doesnt have big expectations for him, is that a possibility? him joining Lord Grim?

p.s. love how the weapon will evolve into a dual sword in the next episode... cant wait !!!!!

I read the novel in english, so far the translation is up to chapter 635.

May 20, 2017 2:00 PM
Dec 2014
Pretty cool episode. Was a bit suprised to see steamed bun at the cafe, but I don't mind it being different than the novel.
May 20, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2015
That fight is so good between Wang and Ye.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
I just love how cocky and arrogant Ye Xiu is.

Overall it was a good episode. I liked how Ye Xiu gave advice to Yifan and how he is training Tang Rou. The fight between Ye Xiu and Wang Jiexi was great.

Steamed Bun personality is the same as that in real life. Funny guy.

May 20, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2016
Boss Mode!

That was one hell of a fight against the leader.

so does anyone else wish glory was real? I feel like playing it.
May 20, 2017 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
LukesYGOonYT said:
Boss Mode!

That was one hell of a fight against the leader.

so does anyone else wish glory was real? I feel like playing it.

It would be this weird hybrid of Blade & Soul, DFO and Overwatch. The skill floor and ceiling might be a bit too high, but it would be cool to see a company try it.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 20, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
I've read 364 of the English translated Chinese web novel so far. When I first saw the title and summary on the updated novels website, I wasn't too interested in it. After watching the first episode, I was interested and began reading it.
louissnape said:
I am truly disappointed by this episode.
I feel the same as this guy.
ap1001 said:
The pace was really bad for this episode. They cut out the majority of the fights against Tiny Herb and most importantly the talk with Wang JieXi and Tang Rou. It seems like they really want to reach all-star 24 within 12 episodes, so roughly 50 Chaps per episode. Really could have used more time and money for extra episodes.
This sounds right but I don't feel the 12 episodes would reach that. When I began watching the series, I noticed the 12-episode season and was hopeful that they'd be separating it into multiple seasons but my hopes for the future have been brutally destroyed by this episode.
As I was reading and watching before this episode, I noticed a lot of content being skipped and there was a mild feeling of loss but it didn't feel like there was anything too critical lost. During this 8th episode, I was conflicted about all the missing battles and the conversations but it could still work up until Tang Rou's personality got completely rewritten and Steam Bun Invasion made an appearance. I feel like the story is going to become warped now and that the writers will either need to spend too much extra time fitting the events in or leave the viewers with feelings of something feels missing.
    Sad notes:
  • Tang Rou during the later parts of this episode doesn't match her personality traits.
  • When I saw Bao Rongxing this episode, I could tell he was Steam Bun Invasion right away based on his appearance even though I haven't read a description of his appearance yet. His actions made me question whether it was the same character but since I haven't read about him 'out of the game' yet, I can't really argue but I feel he was treated as an idiot in this episode.
I've never felt like this but I truly want to give this episode Like/Dislike a [0: I hate this so bad that I want to drop the series because of it.] but since it wasn't an option I was forced to give it a 1. It truly makes me want to drop it but with only 4 episodes left, I'll probably watch till the end and avoid any sequels. I'll continue the web novel though. The English wiki gave me a bunch of spoilers that I'm interested in reading about! :D
May 20, 2017 7:00 PM
Jun 2014
Dunno all these negativity for this episode.

This episode had some nice character interactions, a good fight + information about Wang JieXi.

I suggest people stop compairing the LN with the anime. Just take a step back, ignore the LN and judge it for what it is. Is it bad?If so, what was bad? Don't use the LN as an example, but objective/valid arguments. Don't use subjetivity like: I enjoyed the LN and the anime didn't adopt it, so the episode was bad.

Also, do we really need to have 3 episodes with only tiny herb battling with Tang Rao and Ye Xiu and no progression to the story itself? From my point of view, I will disregard those episodes if the episode stops the story from progressing to show some dragged on fightscene with some small interactions, aka filler episodes. Story progression > small interactions and halting the story.

Personally, this was one of the stronger one from my point of view. Normally, I rate these episodes a 7, because it's often really entertaining and the story pacing is nice, but the character development is kinda lacking. In this, we got a nice balance of an entertaining battle, character development and jokes.

To be honest, I feel as if the LN readers are hurting the anime for biased reasons. People who enjoyed this anime and want to read the forum to read the opinion of other users will get disappointed, when most of the negativity on this forum == "The LN did this, the anime didn't, so the episode sucks".

Am I saying every arguments I've read so far are irrelevant? Nope, that isn't what I'm saying. If you do think I said that, I suggest you to reread my comment.

PS: the reason why Steamed Bun revealed himself in this episode was because of the author of the LN. The author regretted the late introduction of Steamed Bun, so the anime decided to reveal him at this particular moment. So if you hated the early Steamed Bun introduction because the LN introduced him later on, blame the author of the LN, because the anime did it because of the author's regret ;)
TKMikeMay 20, 2017 7:26 PM
May 20, 2017 7:23 PM
Feb 2017
That detailed Logitech G900
May 20, 2017 8:57 PM
Apr 2017
FarrelMFajar said:
That detailed Logitech G900

Yeah .. and their chairs looks like AutoFull
May 20, 2017 9:09 PM
Apr 2017
Beatrice-KF said:
eplipswich said:
Honestly when he appeared, I was even in doubt about his identity, until he said his name. Because he's not supposed to appear in this cafe until Ye Xui and Chen Guo decides to make a pro team and buy a residence, which is around chapter 500 in the novel. Even Concealed Light hasn't been introduced yet, and Yifan barely started his ghostblade.

Ovelhazinha said:

I read the novel in english, so far the translation is up to chapter 635.

ycchen226May 20, 2017 9:40 PM
May 20, 2017 11:41 PM

May 2015
\(^▽^)/ STEAMED BUN INVASION HYPE!!! \(^▽^)/

May 20, 2017 11:50 PM

Sep 2015
Wow the anime is now officially rushing hard!
May 21, 2017 12:06 AM
Apr 2017
YOU LIKE THAT, BUT I LIKE THIS. YOU HONOR THAT, BUT THIS IS WAHT HAPPEND.
May 21, 2017 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
Why is everybody gaming with their coats on?
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
May 21, 2017 2:47 AM
Mar 2017
ap1001 said:
Exactly what I thought...

Honestly, I did feel that all star 24 was the first "great" spot to end the anime, but to do it in 12 episodes is way too difficult. If it was a 24/25 episode season it'd be much smoother but this is getting rushed.
May 21, 2017 3:46 AM
Apr 2017
RandomComment said:
ap1001 said:
Exactly what I thought...

Honestly, I did feel that all star 24 was the first "great" spot to end the anime, but to do it in 12 episodes is way too difficult. If it was a 24/25 episode season it'd be much smoother but this is getting rushed.

It will not end on all star, the season will be end on Sin City arc.
May 21, 2017 4:43 AM
Jun 2014
And subjectivity is still downplaying this episode for biased reason. Guess some people can't be objective when talking about an anime.
May 21, 2017 6:41 AM
May 2014
It's kinda been in my mind for a while. Does Tang Rou know who Ye Qiu is?
May 21, 2017 10:12 AM
Apr 2017
GweAnakJakarta said:
It's kinda been in my mind for a while. Does Tang Rou know who Ye Qiu is?

I'd say both possibly yes and possibly no. Tang Rou doesn't really know that much about the pro scene and the alliance. She hasn't invested that much in the game, so I doubt she would have felt the need to watch the pro matches and pay attention in case she did. She does however know of "the battle mage that Chen Guo always talks about". She knows that Ye Xiu has been a pro player, but at this point, I am not sure she is interested enough to connect the dots, and even if she did know - by having heard another pro player call him by Ye Qiu - It doesn't really matter that much to her :P
What she is interested in is beating Ye Xiu, which initially was why she decided to start playing for real xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.