Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
May 18, 2017 3:56 PM

Nov 2015
I think absolutely, they cut a lot of content they didnt adapt even the manga finale ..i mean the movie is great but it just felt incompleted(which it is) and they threw many things in a short amount of time the probablity is low but i hope they do it
You cannot spell Light without L
May 19, 2017 7:46 PM

Jul 2016
Definitely. A 1 or 2ish hour movie ain't gonna cut it.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
May 19, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2015
360x said:

Have you actually watched it?

May 19, 2017 11:39 PM

May 2011
Kittens-kun said:
360x said:

Just finished it, a bit too much was cut and it sorta detracted from the storytelling imo
May 20, 2017 12:40 AM

Jan 2012
I don't think it's needed. The movie adapted the manga phenomenally through it's own medium and perfectly captured the manga's unpleasant topics of self-loathing and isolation through it's raw direction and stunning animation/art design. It's a perfect complement to the manga, and in my opinion shines even more.
May 20, 2017 1:20 AM

Jan 2015
Absolutely not, the movie is about as good as we're going to get. The manga has some questionable character arcs, in some cases worse than the movie. And I don't think the pacing is good for a 2-cour anime, not to mention the movie ending was better than the manga.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 20, 2017 2:02 AM

Jan 2015
Yes, yes yes PLEASE. a 24ep would be perfect.
May 20, 2017 2:45 AM

Aug 2016
No. The movie is amazing itself, I can't imagine it way longer. It loses its effect like that, especially if you watch it weekly as it's released. Going for one huge hit on the feels was perfect.
May 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2015
bobzanny said:
Absolutely not, the movie is about as good as we're going to get. The manga has some questionable character arcs, in some cases worse than the movie. And I don't think the pacing is good for a 2-cour anime, not to mention the movie ending was better than the manga.

U wanna tell me that anime had better ending? In what way its not all about concluding their problems its about concluding(to some extent) character relationships and that is what manga did at the end i get it that that was more about bgger mental problems in life and stuff the relationshp between the 2 MC is also very important and in the manga they gave us obvious answer in the anime other than confession there want anything about it i mean i love the anime because of animation and i didnt read the whole manga but i read quite alot ytd and ending was much better imo
May 20, 2017 7:02 AM

Jul 2016
Kittens-kun said:
360x said:

No, I haven't. I'm planning to though.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
May 20, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
Broonos said:
bobzanny said:

U wanna tell me that anime had better ending? In what way its not all about concluding their problems its about concluding(to some extent) character relationships and that is what manga did at the end i get it that that was more about bgger mental problems in life and stuff the relationshp between the 2 MC is also very important and in the manga they gave us obvious answer in the anime other than confession there want anything about it i mean i love the anime because of animation and i didnt read the whole manga but i read quite alot ytd and ending was much better imo

In the manga there's this while conclusion arc where all the characters are talking about what their future entails, and it feels out of nowhere, plus it ends with Shouko and Ishida holding hands going to a reunion, pretty lackluster compared to the movie where it shows Ishida embracing his new high school life. Not to mention since the movie making arc, which was horrible, was cut then the anime isn't dragged down by boring characters such as Satoshi and Kwaii, that don't add much to the over all character arcs.
As well one of the best things about the movie ending was that they dropped the shitty romance plotlines and made it all about a character's redemption and change, and as I said before the pacing would be questionable at times, dealing with the movie and the grandmothers death.The 9/10 Movie is the best were going to get from an 8/10 manga.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 20, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
no not worth it. it wasnt that good.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 20, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2015
bobzanny said:
Broonos said:

In the manga there's this while conclusion arc where all the characters are talking about what their future entails, and it feels out of nowhere, plus it ends with Shouko and Ishida holding hands going to a reunion, pretty lackluster compared to the movie where it shows Ishida embracing his new high school life. Not to mention since the movie making arc, which was horrible, was cut then the anime isn't dragged down by boring characters such as Satoshi and Kwaii, that don't add much to the over all character arcs.
As well one of the best things about the movie ending was that they dropped the shitty romance plotlines and made it all about a character's redemption and change, and as I said before the pacing would be questionable at times, dealing with the movie and the grandmothers death.The 9/10 Movie is the best were going to get from an 8/10 manga.

Like i said if u are all about redemption ofc u would like it better but its also about relationship between those two which is not shown and ending shows it .
Also i get your point about side characters but then whats the point in bringing them out of nowhere and make them seem like they are relevant especially that red hair guy that gives impression that its rushed ,but all u wanted was redemption part so u feel satisfied and many of us wanted more,its amazing anime nonetheless but it could have been better
May 21, 2017 1:56 AM

May 2015
They really need a TV adaptation based on the manga. It would be fine if Kyoto Animation did it once more for the animation and details. Also, I really think they need a decent director to adapt the whole series once more. (Like the ToraDora/Golden Time Director, or maybe the OreGairu.Zoku director could make the cut to do this anime series alive again).

I'm currently reading the manga and so far, there's really a lot of interesting stuffs going on here that didn't make it to the final cut of the anime. And they also skip the most important part where Shouya returns to his old school along with his current friend, Mashiba... with a surprise twist.

Damn, if only they adapt this into an anime, imagine what would it do more than just a movie adaptation itself...
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
May 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2008
Neh, the movie has done what it was supposed to do, promote the source.
Go read the manga instead of waiting for a tv series that will never be a thing.

May 21, 2017 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
I believe 24 episodes would be an amazing way to show all the story, they cut a lot.
May 21, 2017 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
I haven't even read the manga, but I felt that the movie was too disjointed (still gave it an 8 though - it was enjoyable nonetheless) and rushed in places. A series would have been better. However, now that we've got the movie, there's no real point of an anime adaptation.
May 21, 2017 5:46 AM

Sep 2009
Nah, it's bland enough to fit into 2 hours or so.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 22, 2017 5:55 AM

Sep 2011
At first that's what I thought, but as I watched more and more I realized that the anime series probably wouldn't be able to keep up to the animation and quality that the movie presented. The budget was incredible for the movie and I wouldn't want to see anything less to be honest.

That being said if they decided to make a series while putting 100% effort into it (something like Shigatsu) then I'm all for it!
May 22, 2017 6:40 AM
Sep 2016
Lets call a poll for it, shall we?
May 22, 2017 2:12 PM
Jan 2012
As much as I love the manga and the film, and I do crave for something more, I think it has reached a full circle. The movie would not be good if another director and another animation studio remaked it (imagine Manglobe redoing it).

Therefore, I would like to let director Naoko Yamada and Kyoto Animation concentrate on other projects. Another film depicting both the bight side and the shadows of our youth...
GohanwaOkazuMay 22, 2017 2:17 PM
May 22, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2010
Yes they should , they left out so much stuff
Natsu's Rage !!

May 22, 2017 2:55 PM
Jan 2016
the movie need a series.Seriously, I am a big fans of the manga and this movie missed a lots of important scenes here and there (like in the theme park, around the ferris wheel, insidr the ferris wheel, the finale)

This kinda drive me nutz watching it.

Please dont get me wrong, it is a beautiful animation, but 2hrs cannot make 60+ chapters worth of story
May 25, 2017 12:28 PM
Jul 2007
Agree. This needs a reboot. Movie feels like a preview of manga. Lot of content were cut that made story more enjoyable and impactful.
Oct 13, 2017 1:28 PM
Aug 2013
Yes. I feel like there is so much more they can do with developing the characters in a show.
Oct 13, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
I wasn't blown away like most people that watched it, but I would watch a TV version if they ever decided to make one.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 31, 2017 5:17 AM
Jun 2016
I don't think it should be rebooted as a TV series for the following reasons.

1. This movie, in my opinion, is perfect (With the exception of the atrociously bad subtitles).
2. It's a waste of Kyoto Animations effort, they're a great studio, and they don't need to waste their time making this again
3. The manga already exists, if you want the original Koe no Katachi story
4. The production values of this film are stellar. The animation quality, meticulousness of the direction and the soundtrack are all things that couldn't have happened in a series.
5. I couldn't imagine watching any section of this movie, only for it to cut to an end theme
6. It wouldn't be profitable
Oct 31, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2015
Tenderizer17 said:

1. This movie, in my opinion, is perfect (With the exception of the atrociously bad subtitles).
2. It's a waste of Kyoto Animations effort, they're a great studio, and they don't need to waste their time making this again
4. The production values of this film are stellar. The animation quality, meticulousness of the direction and the soundtrack are all things that couldn't have happened in a series.
5. I couldn't imagine watching any section of this movie, only for it to cut to an end theme
it wasnt perfect it had its flaws, for example those side characters are just put in couple of scenes without any introductions while in manga they have bigger roles,the point of the story is well told but also movie didnt have concrete finale like manga and manga had a better ending to it
Oct 31, 2017 5:50 AM
Jun 2016
Broonos said:
Tenderizer17 said:

it wasnt perfect it had its flaws, for example those side characters are just put in couple of scenes without any introductions while in manga they have bigger roles,the point of the story is well told but also movie didnt have concrete finale like manga and manga had a better ending to it
I disagree. Just because the side characters are more frequently present in the manga, doesn't mean the movie is worse for it. The side characters are just side characters, and they are only fleshed out as thoroughly as they need to be, which isn't a point to the films demerit.

The ending to the manga wasn't concrete, it was lacking, and the movies ending was decisively conclusive, which is good.

And honestly, you can't properly evaluate the success of a film adaptation of a manga based on "the manga did this differently". The original source material isn't always better, and in this case, the movie surpasses the manga in many ways. The manga isn't going anywhere.
Oct 31, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
Broonos said:
I disagree. Just because the side characters are more frequently present in the manga, doesn't mean the movie is worse for it. The side characters are just side characters, and they are only fleshed out as thoroughly as they need to be, which isn't a point to the films demerit.

The ending to the manga wasn't concrete, it was lacking, and the movies ending was decisively conclusive, which is good.

And honestly, you can't properly evaluate the success of a film adaptation of a manga based on "the manga did this differently". The original source material isn't always better, and in this case, the movie surpasses the manga in many ways. The manga isn't going anywhere.
the side characters are important and can improve and not only that but in the movie they were not introduced and they have been there just to be there so it felt rushed in that aspect to ME. Dont get me wrong i love the movie but it just felt to me incomplete bc also u cannot build a relationship during a movie that is clearly that of a lovers and not friends relationship,and than end it like that
Oct 31, 2017 6:05 AM
Jun 2016
Broonos said:
Tenderizer17 said:

the side characters are important and can improve and not only that but in the movie they were not introduced and they have been there just to be there so it felt rushed in that aspect to ME. Dont get me wrong i love the movie but it just felt to me incomplete bc also u cannot build a relationship during a movie that is clearly that of a lovers and not friends relationship,and than end it like that
The characterization is largely present, but it's just conveyed through subtlety, as a consequence of the constrained time but also of the directors greater expectations of the viewers intelligence. There is a bit of a reduction to Mashiba's character, and while what was removed was important, Mashiba himself was extraneous. I understand why someone who's read the manga wouldn't pick up on the subtlety's (Because they'd be aware of these beforehand and so any attempt to convey these traits would be easily neglected), but that's more a consequence of the viewer assessing how the movie would fair to someone who hasn't read the manga, as opposed to a measure of how much they actually enjoyed the film.

Also, have you forgotten that the manga also ends without developing any of the romantic relationships.
Oct 31, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
Broonos said:
The characterization is largely present, but it's just conveyed through subtlety, as a consequence of the constrained time but also of the directors greater expectations of the viewers intelligence. There is a bit of a reduction to Mashiba's character, and while what was removed was important, Mashiba himself was extraneous. I understand why someone who's read the manga wouldn't pick up on the subtlety's (Because they'd be aware of these beforehand and so any attempt to convey these traits would be easily neglected), but that's more a consequence of the viewer assessing how the movie would fair to someone who hasn't read the manga, as opposed to a measure of how much they actually enjoyed the film.

Also, have you forgotten that the manga also ends without developing any of the romantic relationships.
well i considered that last scene in the manga the beggining of their relationship bc he had no guts before she left and now after reunion they are together,if there were not any impications that they have a crush on one another i would be fine with movie ending(and disappointed bc the story didnt have romance) but since it had it felt like that part of the story (romantic part) was forgotten and only the message was important ,but since there was romance and confessoions i cannot fot those reasons give this anime a 10 like i did with Kimi no na wa
Oct 31, 2017 6:41 AM
Jun 2016
Broonos said:
Tenderizer17 said:

well i considered that last scene in the manga the beggining of their relationship bc he had no guts before she left and now after reunion they are together,if there were not any impications that they have a crush on one another i would be fine with movie ending(and disappointed bc the story didnt have romance) but since it had it felt like that part of the story (romantic part) was forgotten and only the message was important ,but since there was romance and confessoions i cannot fot those reasons give this anime a 10 like i did with Kimi no na wa
I mean if you're gonna be nitpicky like that, Kimi no na Wa has a completely incomprehensible plot, structured more on the director's decisions as to what would grant the show greater mass appeal than to the logical chain of events that would ensue given the characters, circumstance and established mechanics of the world.

Koe no Katachi could have forced a romance, but it'd be starkly contrary to the understanding we were provided of the characters. Ishida feels a strong sense of guilt about what he did to Nishimiya in the past, and for him to form a relationship with her, would be egregiously irresponsible in his eyes. I interpreted the ending of the manga as not having any romantic resolution between Ishida and Nishimiya for that very reason. A relationship between them was impossible in the context of the story.
Oct 31, 2017 6:49 AM

Sep 2017
Yes I hands down think Koe no Katachi should receive a TV reboot. This movie is by far my favourite while most people will go with Your Name as there personal favourite anime movie I personally think Koe no Katachi was just an overall better movie. If this movie ever gets a TV reboot you can bet $1mil that I will be watching it :)
Oct 31, 2017 6:50 AM

Sep 2016
it's already slugfest in the 2nd half and u want more? lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 31, 2017 7:23 AM

Sep 2017
I mean the movie could have been better if they had followed the manga. I guess a TV series would be pointless as all everyone has to do is read the manga.

Oct 31, 2017 7:43 AM

Nov 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
Broonos said:
I mean if you're gonna be nitpicky like that, Kimi no na Wa has a completely incomprehensible plot, structured more on the director's decisions as to what would grant the show greater mass appeal than to the logical chain of events that would ensue given the characters, circumstance and established mechanics of the world.

Koe no Katachi could have forced a romance, but it'd be starkly contrary to the understanding we were provided of the characters. Ishida feels a strong sense of guilt about what he did to Nishimiya in the past, and for him to form a relationship with her, would be egregiously irresponsible in his eyes. I interpreted the ending of the manga as not having any romantic resolution between Ishida and Nishimiya for that very reason. A relationship between them was impossible in the context of the story.
he wanted to stay with her forever and didnt want her to leave bc of his romantic feelings and i interpretaded that final scene as them showing their true feelings and that they want to show the rest of the world their relationships thats based on each others trust and giving each other strenght. U cannot say that romance would be forced bc she confessed to him so the romance thing is real. But i get u,u think differently and i dunnot agree with it and especially about Your Name. i mean it has supernatural elements but its like saying Death Note is shit bc u cannot do that IRL
Oct 31, 2017 7:46 AM

Sep 2017
Please no. This or kimi no na wa doesnt deserve a 1 cour or 2 cour anime.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 31, 2017 4:22 PM
Jun 2016
Broonos said:
Tenderizer17 said:

he wanted to stay with her forever and didnt want her to leave bc of his romantic feelings and i interpretaded that final scene as them showing their true feelings and that they want to show the rest of the world their relationships thats based on each others trust and giving each other strenght. U cannot say that romance would be forced bc she confessed to him so the romance thing is real. But i get u,u think differently and i dunnot agree with it and especially about Your Name. i mean it has supernatural elements but its like saying Death Note is shit bc u cannot do that IRL
Death note gave you a list of rule at the outset, by which the death note operates, and it follows them unconditionally. That is different from Kimi no na wa, as kimi no na wa both failed to properly define the nature of the supernatural elements, and failed to adhere to the intuitive behaviour of it, in essence making it a very egregious plot contrivance.

As for the romance, what Ishida want doesn't line up with what he could conceivably accomplish. The scene where he misinterprets "suki" and "tsuki" conveys this perfectly, he wouldn't hear any confession of love from Nishimiya, because he has such a low opinion of himself, that anything but ignorance would be impossible. For the same reason as this, Ishida would never confess.
Dec 2, 2017 6:34 PM

Nov 2013
I don't think it's necessary. We already saw the best parts of the manga in the movie.
Dec 12, 2017 5:41 AM

Jun 2017
IMHO, the movie was kinda rushed in terms of character development so it didn't really have as much of an impact to me compared to if was a TV series.

But that doesn't really warrant a TV series, I mean it's highly unlikely KyoAni would redo this series anyway since it has already done its job of promoting the source material. It would've been better though.

「幸せです」

「悲しんでいます」

「正しいです」

「間違っています」

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

257 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 3, 1:41 PM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.