Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 19, 2017 2:41 AM

Nov 2009
>did anime made you introvert irl?
No, I was always like this. During the period I've been watching anime I grew to become more sociable than I used to be, but that's no proof, because it's a very long period of time.

AltoRoark said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I highly doubt you can "become" introverted.

Psychology is a murky field. Maybe you can become introverted if you get abused as a child. Maybe you can become extroverted if you take the right amount and kind of drugs. We just don't know.

kikyo1hinamora said:
i was and will always be an extrovert i don't understand how do u rather stay in house watchng anime rather than hanging out with ur friend or girlfriend

Hanging out with other people is tiring. Even if it's a beautiful girlfriend who does all the talking for you.
It goes under "recreational activities that are so tiring that you need to work at your usual pace for the next week to recover from it", together with things like hiking.
Now, if everything goes well, it's also quite pleasant activity. But it's just as likely to go badly, for example when there is more than one person and they end up talking to each other about things you aren't interested in.
flannanMay 19, 2017 2:59 AM
May 19, 2017 3:13 AM

Oct 2016
Yup, somehow it does since I'm now trying to reach home immediately after work :p

Fortunately, it wasn't serious enough to affect my relationship with my cute kouhais at work.

ใ€Œ I was nothing until the moment I met you. ใ€

May 19, 2017 3:44 AM
Oct 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:

Absolutely depending on whether I'm in a context where it's okay to get loud. In a convention, fine. In university, I tone myself down a little bit (But not too much).

Well. that´s the right attitude to have.
May 19, 2017 5:57 AM

Apr 2015
Personally speaking, I've always swung from the extreme of introverted seclusion to the opposite extreme of energetic extrovert many times throughout the day. Anime has had no effect on this.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 19, 2017 6:47 AM

May 2016
jojaojo said:
well i've been experiencing this weird feeling that i don't wanna be disturb by anyone anymore. watching anime or not, i prefer to be alone ever since i've watched too much anime (my list isnt updated). it kinda turned me into an introvert and irritates me when someone gets near me. in short, i've become a dick and im aware about it, but i have no plans changing. i'm sure no one is experiencing the same thing as me. maybe soon i'll find a change of heart. how bout you guys? ever felt something like this?

I'm exactly the same except the "being a dick" part, I just politely bear with it whenever random people start talking to me.
Anime also made me somewhat self-aware.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2012
Naw it didn't "made" me an intorvert irl.... it made my life real. 4deep2you.
May 19, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2016
Tbh I used to be extrovert but anime makes me question my existence and here I am.

I'm still a loser in life tho.
May 19, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
I was an introvert before I knew what anime was. anime didn't have anything to do with it. ive always disliked people
May 20, 2017 2:09 AM

May 2012
No, if anything my interest in anime gave me a pretty good group of friends in middle school. Inheriting depression from my father made me an introvert.
May 20, 2017 2:15 AM

Jan 2010
Not only that, anime straight up ruined my whole fucking life. Fuck everything fuck Ishida I'm done with this crap I'm done I'm so done with drowning in heartbreak I'm done shipping m/m ship to death I can't fuck canon fuck this world
May 20, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Anime can't make you an introvert, but it can make you anti social. And those two things are two very different things.
May 20, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2016
I've always been an introvert and never really had interest in talking to people, after I started to watch anime I also started to want to talk to other anime fans about it but I still can't because I'm still an introvert
May 20, 2017 4:46 PM

Apr 2017
Its definitely impacted me, I'd rather sit at home and watch anime instead of going clubbing on weekends nowadays

May 20, 2017 4:51 PM
Apr 2017
Nah, I was an introvert long before I started watching anime heavily. My real world experiences with people made me decide to keep mostly to myself.
May 20, 2017 4:53 PM
Sep 2016
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I was always an introvert so, no.
But it did make me realize that Western media isn't hot shit anymore and that I should stop watching it. Even American Pop music is sounding really bad to my ears.

Same here... I personally just like being in my own company. But I do enjoy hanging out with others whenever I get the chance
May 20, 2017 6:56 PM
Jan 2017
I was also always a introvert :'l, so I guess not? Most of my friends are online anyway xD
โฆ“ henry ใƒ˜ใƒณใƒชใƒผ โฆ”
May 20, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
There is no relation.

You need to take ownership of your own feelings and behaviors instead of placing the blame on an art medium.
May 21, 2017 8:09 PM

May 2009
I was already an introvert when I started anime... I am not anymore. But it's neither because of anime. Like what s/he (^) said, there's no relation at all.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||โค||
May 21, 2017 8:20 PM

Feb 2017
No, I've always been an introvert for reasons unrelated to any kind of entertainment. Anime just gives me something to do besides stare at the wall all day, and I would happily put it off if there were something for me to go out and do.
May 21, 2017 9:38 PM

May 2017
Not really. I don't mind being inside all day and watching stuff by myself. I do the same with my friends too, so only the settings change, but the things we are doing are constant.
May 21, 2017 9:54 PM

Aug 2009
I still watch a lot of anime, but I've always been introverted. My job makes me have to be social, but in general I'm kind of a shy and don't speak too much.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 21, 2017 10:16 PM

Feb 2016
Hmm.. in a way. But then I find better friends with same interests so not really.
May 21, 2017 10:36 PM

May 2017
it made me find the charm in liking girls, before that i didnt like anything ah and also music, i didnt like music until i watched anime like 10 years ago
May 21, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2011
I'm an introvert but I don't think anime is the cause of it.

Though I admit I occasionally prioritize seasonal anime over social life, if that counts
May 21, 2017 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
I was extremely introverted and shy anime actually helped me talk to people.
May 21, 2017 11:17 PM

Nov 2013
No, but it did make me an invertebrate. All I can do these days is peruse the ocean floor for food, and tentacle molest the occasional school girl.
May 21, 2017 11:23 PM

Jan 2017
Nah
Be it anime, books, tv series, going put w/ people, we do this in order to not get bored
I just don't get bored that often when I'm home, but that didn't change how often I go out with people
May 22, 2017 1:05 AM

Oct 2015
Nah not really, it actually helped me in a few different ways
โœ˜ Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.โœ˜
May 22, 2017 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
Nah always was to begin with. People are strange
May 22, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2017
You can't just "suddenly" become an introvert. You're either an introvert or an extrovert, or both.

My point is, maybe it's just a period of your life.
I have always been like this. I can sit in my room for centuries and not talk to anyone, and anime brought it up even more. Now I feel like I don't need friends, and I'm totally happy.

If it bothers you, you should try to go out and socialize more, but if you feel comfortable, then it's just real "you"
May 22, 2017 9:22 AM

Feb 2015
I was always a sociopathic introvert, chinese cartoons didn't change me at slightest.
May 22, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2016
I've always been introverted, but anime might have made me a little more so? I'm not sure, really.
May 22, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
I've always been an introvert. Anime probably made it a little worse.
May 22, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
I'm experiencing half of what you stated, OP.
To be blunt first, I'm introvert since I know about myself. It's hard for me to deal with people outside my family. Maybe that's why I quit work; but to be very freaking honest, my ex-collegues were such jerks towards me, so I had my limit with them.
Secondly, in nature, I'm way too sensitive to people's words. I can easily get emotionally hurt so the only option I see is to stay away, shut my ears and be in my own world.
I'm very selective when it comes to friends. I had one in first two years in high school (she's the one that introduced me to anime) and the next two years I had three more friends thanks to her being familiar with them from her junior school years. I enjoyed their company beacuse we all accepted each other but most of all they didn't see me personally with different eyes like many others did which I want to say is I was accepted the way I am. Now I'm just in touch with them, they have other lifes they live. Still, I was only open to my friends back then and no one else besides.
So when I look behind, I'm more in to anime and manga now than I was then, although I was still an introvert type. I suppose anime only satisfied my traits as an introvert.
May 22, 2017 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
i already was introverted , so no anime really didnt make it any worse.
May 22, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
I think that you are turning into some sort of...GASP!...NEET! I would check up on what a NEET is and whether you have some of the symptoms of NEETism or not. I do not think that this condition is fatal though.
May 22, 2017 7:44 PM

Nov 2008
Nah, I was always like that. Before anime, it was Disney. I simply moved from one obsession to the next. The activities changed; instead of wanting to be alone to play with Disney character figures, I want to be alone to draw fanart or blog; etc.

I do other "intorvert activities" like reading or putting puzzles together. Gawd, I love any kind of puzzle; Throw that 10,000 3D piece Taj Mahal at me any rainy day!!

...........or sunny or snowy or cloudy......yeah, you get it. lol

May 23, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:
To be blunt first, I'm introvert since I know about myself. It's hard for me to deal with people outside my family. Maybe that's why I quit work; but to be very freaking honest, my ex-collegues were such jerks towards me, so I had my limit with them.
Secondly, in nature, I'm way too sensitive to people's words. I can easily get emotionally hurt so the only option I see is to stay away, shut my ears and be in my own world.
I'm very selective when it comes to friends. I had one in first two years in high school (she's the one that introduced me to anime) and the next two years I had three more friends thanks to her being familiar with them from her junior school years. I enjoyed their company beacuse we all accepted each other but most of all they didn't see me personally with different eyes like many others did which I want to say is I was accepted the way I am. Now I'm just in touch with them, they have other lifes they live. Still, I was only open to my friends back then and no one else besides.
So when I look behind, I'm more in to anime and manga now than I was then, although I was still an introvert type. I suppose anime only satisfied my traits as an introvert.

What do you do to deal with being easily hurt by people's words?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 23, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
yuliyana29 said:

Every time someone says something hurtful, you suppress your anger and laugh it off. Then, later, you push that rage deep down within you remarking how "...you'll show them one of these days..." under your breath. You proceed with life as normal and continue bottling up your anger. Then, 20 years later, Jen from accounting turns you down, and your boss tells you that your sales figures are the worst in the department. Like always, you bottle up your anger, and silently walk back to your desk. Then, you grab your desk lamp, and head directly for Jen's office bashing in the heads of your coworkers along the way. You kick in Jen's door, throw her computer out the window, and throw your lighter on the company tax returns, engulfing the room in flames. As smoke fills the office, cries of terror can be heard throughout the building as you pace down the hallway chasing after coworkers in a blood drenched blazer, a grin, and a crazed gleam to your eyes. Witnesses will remark how you were always a quiet person, who plugged away at the company for decades without any signs.
May 23, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
people sucked before i started watching anime, and they still sucked just as much when i took a break from watching anime as when i watched it all the time so no not really.

May 23, 2017 3:39 PM

Jan 2016
I'm an introvert but it doesn't have anything to do with me watching anime, and still have a pretty normal social life.
May 23, 2017 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
I hate when I've been interrupted while watching anime, but I'm not yet an introvert, and since childhood I've been friendly.

May 23, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2017
wtf, I socialize on the web. That counts... right?

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
May 24, 2017 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
i'm kind of a meld between the two, depending on who i'm with and how comfortable i feel around them personally. anime never really changed my ratio of extroversion to introversion or vice versca.
May 24, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
yuliyana29 said:

To deal with such situation like fighting back and defending my own attitudes is something I very, very rarely have courage to do so. The most common option I use is just sqeeze my lips and swallow my frustration and tears way down my throat. To be precise, it's the people's rough criticism of words they tend to point towards me whenever I know I'm right and worked my ass off for a ceratin thing. It's more like I'm hurt by not getting the appreciation I'm sure I earned it honorably.
May 24, 2017 4:36 AM

May 2015
I'm 100% introvert, I don't "need" people, but it's fun to fuck around sometimes. I'm usually inside my head though.
May 24, 2017 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
jojaojo said:
well i've been experiencing this weird feeling that i don't wanna be disturb by anyone anymore. watching anime or not, i prefer to be alone ever since i've watched too much anime (my list isnt updated). it kinda turned me into an introvert and irritates me when someone gets near me. in short, i've become a dick and im aware about it, but i have no plans changing. i'm sure no one is experiencing the same thing as me. maybe soon i'll find a change of heart. how bout you guys? ever felt something like this?

I think the definition of introvert = someone that need sometimes alone to recharge... on the other hand, extrovert = someone that need to be around people to recharge...
There are also types of introvert and extrovert... there are introverted that is sociable, as well as extroverted that is shy...
So by that.. I dont think anime will much change someone into an introverted... maybe one day when you feel bored of anime... you might notice something else... considering your age as well as what happen in your life, like problems (as you said you get "irritated") and stuff and environment.... but back to my thought.. I dont think it is... You might just basically introverted....
Like it would be a long study for this...
well if I take your experience in serious way....

As for me... since I watch anime since kid.. I dont think so... Im very introvert as I really love being alone, prefer to work myself for maximilize output in work or etc rather than with group, and I could stay in my room doing stuff for hours and its not only limited to anime as I listen to music more (Im kinda bored with anime atm).... but people around me think Im an extrovert lol... cause I like talking and stuff, well only with people I would like to talk with lol as also some people think that Im very quiet so ya people does matter too.... so I dont think its only because of anime.. family and environment I think does count in it....

spuukiebuugi said:
i'm kind of a meld between the two, depending on who i'm with and how comfortable i feel around them personally. anime never really changed my ratio of extroversion to introversion or vice versca.

I think this might explain as well....

To add what I say up there.. to call someone an introvert or extravert is not only from how they behave around people but also another cases like working style for their best output, their preferences, etc...
EufieMay 24, 2017 5:01 AM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
May 24, 2017 11:09 AM

May 2015
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Every time someone says something hurtful, you suppress your anger and laugh it off. Then, later, you push that rage deep down within you remarking how "...you'll show them one of these days..." under your breath. You proceed with life as normal and continue bottling up your anger. Then, 20 years later, Jen from accounting turns you down, and your boss tells you that your sales figures are the worst in the department. Like always, you bottle up your anger, and silently walk back to your desk. Then, you grab your desk lamp, and head directly for Jen's office bashing in the heads of your coworkers along the way. You kick in Jen's door, throw her computer out the window, and throw your lighter on the company tax returns, engulfing the room in flames. As smoke fills the office, cries of terror can be heard throughout the building as you pace down the hallway chasing after coworkers in a blood drenched blazer, a grin, and a crazed gleam to your eyes. Witnesses will remark how you were always a quiet person, who plugged away at the company for decades without any signs.

Is that the best way? Why not find a way to shield yourself, to desensitize and deal with these emotions?

yuliyana29 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

To deal with such situation like fighting back and defending my own attitudes is something I very, very rarely have courage to do so. The most common option I use is just sqeeze my lips and swallow my frustration and tears way down my throat. To be precise, it's the people's rough criticism of words they tend to point towards me whenever I know I'm right and worked my ass off for a ceratin thing. It's more like I'm hurt by not getting the appreciation I'm sure I earned it honorably.

How can we not-get-hurt from this? Is there any way to strengthen the armor?
TheBrainintheJarMay 24, 2017 11:15 AM
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 24, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2016
Ask the phantom thieves to change your heart ;p
May 24, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
yuliyana29 said:

How can we not-get-hurt from this? Is there any way to strengthen the armor?

The Experience I guess. The more one's around people, learns about how a human acts, the more one knows how to deal with tough situation people are causing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

8 by Dauphine »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Saiunknown »»
10 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - 2 hours ago

19 by I_Love_Hate »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

4 by Nirinbo »»
28 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

72 by Anasyub »»
30 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.