Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2017
I'm thinking about getting the entire game series, and I was wondering what your favorite Assasin's Creed game is.
May 18, 2017 1:40 PM
Feb 2016
The only one I've really played was ACIV: Black Flag. I found it to be in the realm of squarely okay. I don't really love it, and while it isn't bad, it's just kind of "meh" for me.

May 18, 2017 2:27 PM

Feb 2012
I played them all. Well, not all, but all main games and one spin-off nonetheless. I'm not a super fan, but the games are relatively easy to get into and sink time in. I suggest playing in order, not just for story/lore reasons, but also because the changes in parkour/counter mechanics. Also get that patch for Unity, it makes it the best looking game in the series.

My ranking is roughly:
AC II>Black Flag>Rogue>Brotherhood>Unity (patched)>Revelations> ACI>Syndicate>AC III>Bloodlines

AC II because best setting (renessance, multiple cities), best "base" to oggle at your collectibles, best protag, best ost. Also I believe one of the main writers left after II and Brotherhood, which cost the series some of its charm. I think the art direction also isn't quite as realistic as the newest ones try to go for. It just has that "feel"

Currently the series is having some kind of identity crisis after losing the present day storyline and the lineages that still made the America games connect together.
May 18, 2017 5:29 PM

May 2017
-Ouro- said:
The only one I've really played was ACIV: Black Flag. I found it to be in the realm of squarely okay. I don't really love it, and while it isn't bad, it's just kind of "meh" for me.

I know friends who still think AC IV is the bomb.
May 18, 2017 5:58 PM
Feb 2016
albertbrown said:
-Ouro- said:

Maybe it boils down to personal taste, but I've never really been a fan of AC style open world games were a lot of the content is boring sidequests like "assassinate this one dude in a slightly different environment" rather than how the Witcher 3 did sidequests, which had a lot of character to them. And like I said, it's not a bad game, but it's just kind of a little boring.

May 18, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2017
-Ouro- said:
albertbrown said:

Maybe it boils down to personal taste, but I've never really been a fan of AC style open world games were a lot of the content is boring sidequests like "assassinate this one dude in a slightly different environment" rather than how the Witcher 3 did sidequests, which had a lot of character to them. And like I said, it's not a bad game, but it's just kind of a little boring.

Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. The Witcher 3, I have to admit, is a pretty well-done game as far as side missions are concerned.
May 18, 2017 6:08 PM

Mar 2017
Used to be fan, as i played the entire ACII games, but stopped after finishing Rogue. The series had become stale now due to the boring gameplay and sidequest. The exploration still fun, but everything else had become dull.

My favourite would be Black Flag, ACII, and Rogue. In order.
It's time to play the Game folks!
May 18, 2017 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
I've played ACI and ACII and I liked them both, the later was a much appreciated improvement over the former, although I really missed Altair and his master talking about the target's intentions after the deed was done, which so far is my favorite part out of both of those games.

I've Heard that the series pretty much peaked at ACII and that Black Flag is really good, albeit more in the lines of "best pirate game ever made". Is there truth to that statement?
May 18, 2017 7:07 PM
Feb 2016
SH4kun said:
I've played ACI and ACII and I liked them both, the later was a much appreciated improvement over the former, although I really missed Altair and his master talking about the target's intentions after the deed was done, which so far is my favorite part out of both of those games.

I've Heard that the series pretty much peaked at ACII and that Black Flag is really good, albeit more in the lines of "best pirate game ever made". Is there truth to that statement?

Well, I would say so, in regards to ACIV. The base gameplay is lacking in several areas, but it's also quite fun when you're actually controlling your ship, traveling across the seas, building up your own pirate crew, upgrading your ship, looting and ransacking ships, and so on.

May 18, 2017 7:08 PM
Feb 2016
albertbrown said:
-Ouro- said:

Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. The Witcher 3, I have to admit, is a pretty well-done game as far as side missions are concerned.

Agreed, though ACIV does have some good points to it. It's a great pirate game, and if you ever wanted to feel like a badass pirate then ACIV does that well at least. And overall it's not a bad game (it can be pretty fun), it just didn't really click with me like some other games did.

May 18, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I'd at least say I'm enthusiastic enough about AC to choose a username based on it. I've been with it since the first game came out (almost 10 years now, wow). It's hard to peg down a favorite. I'd say Assassin's Creed II just because of the atmosphere, the setting (Renaissance Italy), the main character Ezio Auditore (although Altair will always be #1) and how it was basically the foundation for the franchise's explosive growth therein.

To break it down in categories though, my favorites look something like this:
Story - Revelations (the overarching story)
Gameplay - Rogue
Setting - AC II (specifically Venice. Especially being Italian born and loving the Aria anime so much.)
Visuals - Unity
Philosophy - AC 1
Character - Altair
May 19, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2008
Who here is a fan of Assasin's Creed?

Hand up, "Oh me me."

Well,I've only play AC 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC 3. The best one for me are AC 2>Revelations>Brotherhood>AC 3

I like AC 2 the best because it has the best missions since it has the most assassination mission. I like the sequence where you kill the 9 lieutenant.

Btw,for those who have played Black Flag, does Black Flag has many assassination mission?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 19, 2017 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
I used to love the Assassin's Creed games. I played everything up to AC III. I'd probably rank them AC II, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC I, AC III.

I'd like to play the others, but I don't play much games anymore.
May 19, 2017 2:00 AM

Feb 2017
Black Flag fanatic here. I have played all the games and I loved AC 2 and Black flag the most. However although the original with Altair may seem very linear and repetitive. It was quite an experience for when I played it back then. Favourite assassin would be Edward and Altair.

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
May 19, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2016
Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 19, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2017
Relevant to topic, just few days back a new AC title was leaked.
Source

Quick highlights:
There are some details too in the comments:

- from most of the AC4 team
- will have modern day
- no Desmond Miles
- revamped version of Anvil engine
- Ubi will start talking about it before the end of the month, full reveal at E3

Our sources suggest that Origins is a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt. The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.

Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

Interesting. Waiting for Official trailer.

Now, OT: My favorite game is AC II and Altair is my favorite MC. AC IV was the last good game in the franchise IMO.
John_2001May 19, 2017 8:27 PM
May 19, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2017
SnapMyBerry said:
Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to know what gif is that from. ASAP.
May 19, 2017 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
I love Assassin's Creed. I really cherish the time I spent playing the first and second one. Too bad I don't have my gaming rig anymore but I'm hoping to get one again someday and replay from the first AC up to the latest.
May 19, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
I proudly own only the Assassin's Creed 2, which I liked a lot. From the looks of it, the rest of the games look decent so you should get them.

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

May 19, 2017 2:55 PM

Dec 2012
@albertbrown - the eyepatch girl gif is from https://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai

@John_2001 - that sounds incredible. E3 can't come fast enough. I'd also seen rumors on the Ubisoft forums that they might one day make a game featuring multiple timelines. And it may seem petty, but I actually like the title "Origins" more than "Empire" that was floating around previously.
May 19, 2017 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
*raises hand*
Me
At least up till AC IV
My favorite is AC IV .
Ranking : AC IV > AC II > AC III > AC Brotherhood > AC Revelations > AC I > AC unity
May 19, 2017 9:29 PM

Feb 2015
Used to be a fan too...

I stopped following the franchise after Revelations (haven't finished it yet because my poor PC can't handle the graphics anymore). During and after AC3's release, I noticed the franchise is slowly getting lost in direction and that put me off as they have seemed to be wasted its very potential.

Now to the question, my favorite is AC:II because of the story and Ezio. Only criticism I have with this game is the combat system is way easy compared to the first game, when I played it years back. It was fun exploring the cities and the secret areas.

I'm planning to play Black Flag someday since the reviews and opinions about the game seems good...

May 19, 2017 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty much played most of the main games in the franchise, I was a pretty big fan during the AC I and AC II era but if you ask me the games kinda lost their charm as Ubisoft kept pushing out the same stuff with new gadgets just to make money. That being said all the last generation games upto AC IV are enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend you check them out if you wanna get into the franchise.
AC IV was definitely great and is probably the game that gets the most praise after ACII but it's more a pirate game than an actual Assassin game, while it was great and a lot of fun to play it never really gave off the feel of a game with the word Assassin in the title.

To be honest, my real gripe with the series is what's happening with the current generation of AC games namely Unity and Syndicate. I get the sense that Ubisoft have been trying something with the whole revamping but they still haven't gotten it right yet. Unity and Syndicate are both fairly underwhelming, while the visual upgrades and atmosphere has been good the gameplay kinda feels clunky and nowhere near as good as the previous generation games were. I honestly don't like the parkour system in Unity and Syndicate with the whole free run up and down thing. Feels really limiting.

For me,
AC II > AC IV > AC I > AC Brotherhood > AC Revelations > AC III > AC Syndicate > AC Unity

If you're looking to start the series, I'd suggest starting all the way back from AC I and proceeding accordingly.

albertbrown said:
SnapMyBerry said:

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai
May 20, 2017 6:20 AM

Aug 2016
albertbrown said:
SnapMyBerry said:
Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chunnibyou!~ She's Rikka Takanashi

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 20, 2017 7:28 AM
Aug 2016
I've played every main entry in the series, I rank them like this.

2>4:Black Flag>Brotherhood>Rogue>Syndicate>Revelations>3>1>Unity
May 20, 2017 8:32 AM
Apr 2017
Unlike many of the other people here, I actually enjoyed AC Unity (though I didn't play at launch so I only played the patched version)
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me"
May 20, 2017 8:51 AM
May 2016
Controversial opinion.

My favourite is AC Unity.
May 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
ShyGuyDY said:
Controversial opinion.

My favourite is AC Unity.
Honestly it's the most beautiful game I've ever played. It took me over 2 years to beat it because I would wander around Paris aimlessly, playing it like a tourism simulator.
May 20, 2017 11:24 AM

May 2017
KazumaKenmaKiryu said:
I've played every main entry in the series, I rank them like this.

2>4:Black Flag>Brotherhood>Rogue>Syndicate>Revelations>3>1>Unity

The last three posts just said AC: Unity was great.

Now I'm conflicted ._.
May 20, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Do yourself a favor n play Assassins Creed 2. Its AWESOME! It will feel dated now but its still a damn good game man!

1st game is gonna give you a bad impression tbh. I played every one except Unity n Syndicate.

My impressions go like this

AC 1: was good at the time but was full of problems and repetition, MAJOR repetition. not exactly a good way to start tbh tho you do learn about Altair n he does have a connection to AC Revelations story.

AC 2: AWESOME! May be dated now but its still amazing! Story is fantastic! Ezio is one of the best chracters ever created! Just awesome! they tok away everything that was wrong with AC 1 n fixed it all up n added great things to it n the soundtrack....FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

AC Brotherhood: Meh af, they improved combat but it felt TOO easy. I wasnt feeling rome tbh. story is shite, graphics were nice. Multiplayer was cool but thats where most of the work was pt into unfortunately.

AC Revelations: People hated this but I loved it. Story was pretty good n the graphics are gorgeous. Areas feel much more like AC2 thank god. everything else however is exactly the same as Brotherhood EXCEPT for the hook you get to reach higher ledges, AWESOME!

AC 3: I despise this game......but ill talk about the good. Graphics is just gorgeous man, They got a whole new character with his own animations n everything. YOU CAN CLIMB TREES!!!! The world is nice too as well as the setting n the voice acting is top botch (almost) Combat has been overhauled quite a bit with a bit of an influence by batman arkham games tho not too much. bad things is conner (MC) sucks balls! I hate that bastard, FUCK HIM! shite voice actor too! MEEEEEEEEH!!!! story is shite tho I will say its got one hell of a twist! I wont spoil it coz its really cool. Its ultra boring tbh oh n it will take you 5 FUCKING HOURS before you can become an assassin....wtf......

AC Black Flag: I never beat this game BUT its a lot of fun and Adward (MC) s a cool character but tbh, this is not an assassins creed game. its a pirate game in disguise lol but this a very good game. story is meh tho

AC Unity: Couldn't run it on my PC n despite being set in paris.......they got a fkn ENGLISH ACCENT!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! I heard this was ultra shite anyway.....

AC Syndicate: Played 10 minutes n gave up. Other games advance n yet the ai in this is the definition of dumb, 2nd under crysis 2. Im supposedly sneaking about n turning off valves in a facotry with out being seen but the fucking cunts ARE RIGHT THERE!!!! IM HERE!! FUCKING WITH YOUR SHIT N YOU AINT DOIN NUTTIN!!!! *walks away* OOOOHH NOW YOU NOTICE!!!??? fuck sake! then you got the climbing....I tried...so hard to climb a wooden platdoem...like evey other AC game but.....I couldn't jump to where i wanted....why.....just...why.....fuck...you...ubisoft!

Thats my impression LOL
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 21, 2017 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
that game is for nerds

i have all of them for pc except the ones after iv and yeah imo i hate it

penis lol

More topics from this board

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

23 by PlasticRobot »»
1 hour ago

» Operating systems

skapito - Apr 13

19 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

17 by Akuya »»
3 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

18 by Sigma- »»
7 hours ago

» Scraping voice actors

Mia__SB - Yesterday

2 by Mia__SB »»
Today, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.