Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 18, 9:18 AM

https://twitter.com/aicnanime/status/865232578923700226

Will American audiences finally be able to appreciate Lupin? Time will tell...if this does poorly, it'll likely be the last time we see Lupin on American TV. Ever.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

May 18, 1:38 PM

It's too late for Toonami to make an impact with Lupin. Other than Samurai Jack, all their ratings have been underwhelming.

May 18, 2:04 PM

MechKingKillbot said:
It's too late for Toonami to make an impact with Lupin. Other than Samurai Jack, all their ratings have been underwhelming.

Aw, that's a negative view. :(

It's true the new season of AoT hasn't done as well as everyone was hoping it would, but I think Lupin being an exclusive dub that won't instantly be streaming (legally) anywhere but Adult Swim will help the ratings significantly.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

May 18, 3:23 PM

CatSoul said:
MechKingKillbot said:

Aw, that's a negative view. :(

It's true the new season of AoT hasn't done as well as everyone was hoping it would, but I think Lupin being an exclusive dub that won't instantly be streaming (legally) anywhere but Adult Swim will help the ratings significantly.

I've been wanting Toonami to do well but their selection processes and timing are absolutely horrible. They took way too long to show a popular anime right after the dubs were completed. It's too late to show Tokyo Ghoul, for instance, because pretty much everybody has seen it at this point. And most of their timeslots are crammed with long runners (DB Kai, DB Super, One Piece, Naruto, and HxH). JoJo would have been added to that list if they decided to go with the Stardust Crusaders. In this day and age, it's harder for someone to get into a 1 episode a week on long running shows. If they wanted quick ratings, they should have shown Mob Psycho 100 and Boku no Hero Academia. Now I feel even that's too late.

They completely ruined the opportunity for SnK 2. They should have advertised more of the show to get it hyped. It's one of the few non-long running shows that is insanely popular here. Granted they did try to move SnK 2 a week back by putting a hour season ending finale of JoJo, but still....

It's an exclusive dub? Oh that might help. I am looking forward to watching Lupin III (to watch Lupin IV)

Also, obligatory the new generation weren't as vested into JoJo as I would hope. I lost faith in humanity

May 18, 6:25 PM
Can someone who hasn't seen Lupin what so ever start here or do i need to go and watch all 229 episodes