Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2017 11:43 AM

Dec 2010
RayofVictory said:

I still think the biggest offender of this was Arc-V, with Real Solid Vision allowing the monsters to be used as literal weapons of mass destruction, as we saw with Chaos Giants wrecking Heartland and the 4 Dragons destroying the original dimension. It honestly makes much more sense in Vrains, because they're supposed to be in a virtual space, not in the real world. And people dying irl if they die in Vrains is just dumb. As I said above, this is nothing more than a cheap plot device used to artificially rise the stakes so the protagonist has an excuse for not losing. If Link Vrains was really that dangerous, you would think SOL Technologies would take measures and prevent people from accessing it. The show has barely started and there are already such huge plot holes. That's why I'm saying Vrains is bad.

Yeah, that was beyond stupid on Arc-V too. That's another reason why I'm disappointed with VRAINS, I thought they would stop with this but it seems they won't.
May 20, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
RayofVictory said:
And people dying irl if they die in Vrains is just dumb

why is that such a huge problem ? Matrix had the same deal and no one complained ?
Also if i remember correctly dying is the first case scenario, you can also get injured.Also it just adds a bit of tension , it does not greatly add to the plot to complain about it being a plot device.

Why dont they take it down since its so dangerous ? Probably cuz people who invented it are the true villains and we dont know their motives cuz its just a second bloody episode.

dem you people complain way too much
May 20, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
RayofVictory said:
NeoAnkara said:
And that's what they do. SOL have their own defense system and it's usually up and strong. Thing happen just because they decide to forsake their own defense system in an attempt to use large scale scanning to search Ignis. Zaizen even warn Bishop of that fact but he still decide to do it anyway since he deem finding Ignis is more important. Typical organization way of doing thing.

This doesn't change the fact its just a cheap plot device without any actual substance that probably won't be adressed much, if at all. When writers don't know how to rise the stakes even further, they just throw someone's life on the line. Because in normal curcumstances, if Yusaku loses he will just lose possession of Ignis and then continue hunting down the knights like he has always done. But now if he loses, he will die, so he can't lose. They did the exact same thing with Yuma-Astral in Zexal. This is honestly a writer's technique I'm not exactly fond of and makes things seem more important than they actually are.
that seems like a big stretch dontchathink? That only means duels like this ona hoverboard versus antagonistic people trying to kill yusaku will be life threatening not all duels, there will probably be tons of non life threatening duels and likley be ones where yusaku loses, i mean yusaku's next duel apparently is already confirmed to be agaijnst revolver already and they clearly wont kill off either of them and I expect yusaku to lose if they face this early.

Hell even in zexal which you mentioned, in the first 10 episodes yuuma loses 2 duels, 1 against shark and then one against kaito. Its not like this makes them invincible to losing. Also keep in mind the numbers thing in zexal only left a negative impact for astrla if they lose, in vrians these types of duel can kill both parties so its not like how in zexal some random stalker cat girl's crush on yuuma will bring about a life threatening danger to astral, these will only get life threatening if yusaku is fighting someone legit trying to kill him. Having death being present isnt really a cop out at all unless its used as one not inherintly being there. it could be one but my entire point is you are stretching really far at guessing what the show is going to pull based off of only 2 episodes.
JizzyHitlerMay 20, 2017 7:58 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 20, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
Right now SOL is still on gray area. Cyverse is most likely something akin to Numeron Code in Zexal that it can rewrite entire network or a core that holding the network. Their reason is still unknown right now but
I can say that at the very least they want to keep technological manipulation.

Also Zaizen is Aoi brother so it's save to assume that she will have significant role considering Zaizen himself still have moral even if he end up following Bishop order latter.

There is also guardian of Cyverse which I think will make contact with other duelist like Ignis did with Yusaku. At the very least I think the blue one will go with Aoi color codded and all.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 21, 2017 12:57 AM

Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
RayofVictory said:

This doesn't change the fact its just a cheap plot device without any actual substance that probably won't be adressed much, if at all. When writers don't know how to rise the stakes even further, they just throw someone's life on the line. Because in normal curcumstances, if Yusaku loses he will just lose possession of Ignis and then continue hunting down the knights like he has always done. But now if he loses, he will die, so he can't lose. They did the exact same thing with Yuma-Astral in Zexal. This is honestly a writer's technique I'm not exactly fond of and makes things seem more important than they actually are.
that seems like a big stretch dontchathink? That only means duels like this ona hoverboard versus antagonistic people trying to kill yusaku will be life threatening not all duels, there will probably be tons of non life threatening duels and likley be ones where yusaku loses, i mean yusaku's next duel apparently is already confirmed to be agaijnst revolver already and they clearly wont kill off either of them and I expect yusaku to lose if they face this early.

Hell even in zexal which you mentioned, in the first 10 episodes yuuma loses 2 duels, 1 against shark and then one against kaito. Its not like this makes them invincible to losing. Also keep in mind the numbers thing in zexal only left a negative impact for astrla if they lose, in vrians these types of duel can kill both parties so its not like how in zexal some random stalker cat girl's crush on yuuma will bring about a life threatening danger to astral, these will only get life threatening if yusaku is fighting someone legit trying to kill him. Having death being present isnt really a cop out at all unless its used as one not inherintly being there. it could be one but my entire point is you are stretching really far at guessing what the show is going to pull based off of only 2 episodes.

I'm perfectly aware of what the show is going to pull, considering its written by Yoshida, the man who loves repeating himself. Seriously, if you're even slightly familiar with him, you should know instantly that this is going to be yet another rip-off of DOMA. Yoshida always writes the exact same story, with the exact same character stereotypes filling the exact same roles, with the exact same twists happening the exact same way. Every. Single. Time. And no, this is not an exaggeration. Have you watched DOMA? Then you've already watched Dark Signers, Zexal, and probably Vrains as well.

juicykitten95 said:
RayofVictory said:
And people dying irl if they die in Vrains is just dumb

why is that such a huge problem ? Matrix had the same deal and no one complained ?
Also if i remember correctly dying is the first case scenario, you can also get injured.Also it just adds a bit of tension , it does not greatly add to the plot to complain about it being a plot device.

Why dont they take it down since its so dangerous ? Probably cuz people who invented it are the true villains and we dont know their motives cuz its just a second bloody episode.

You're mistaken if you think they're going to show people actually dying. They won't. This was just used to artificially rise the stakes so the protagonist has an excuse for not losing. And it doesn't add tension, it takes away tension actually, precisely because of it you know the protagonist is never to going to lose a life-threatening duel. It only makes duels more predictable than they already are. The way I see it, they're trying to turn Yusaku into another self-insert card game Jesus like Yusei that never loses. And that was the main reason I hated Yusei so much in 5D's.
RayofVictoryMay 21, 2017 1:11 AM
May 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
Umm....sorry. Are you guys missing something? where did this "if he lose the duel = he dies" come from?

I thought they meant if his VR form takes damage from falling to the ground from high place or crashes with some objects , his real body will be affected in some way. LP becomes 0 from losing the duel won't kill anyone as long as they don't fall to the ground.

He will probably have to do speed duel with Go or Blue angel at some point in the future and it won't be life-threatening duel.
May 21, 2017 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Marina2 said:
Umm....sorry. Are you guys missing something? where did this "if he lose the duel = he dies" come from?

I thought they meant if his VR form takes damage from falling to the ground from high place or crashes with some objects , his real body will be affected in some way. LP becomes 0 from losing the duel won't kill anyone as long as they don't fall to the ground.

He will probably have to do speed duel with Go or Blue angel at some point in the future and it won't be life-threatening duel.
they specifically said the feedback would be enough to kill his real life body if he fell off his board. The reason this is life threatening is simply cause the knights of hanoi hacked the vrains world from the firewall it had protecting it.

RayofVictory said:
JizzyHitler said:

I'm perfectly aware of what the show is going to pull, considering its written by Yoshida, the man who loves repeating himself. Seriously, if you're even slightly familiar with him, you should know instantly that this is going to be yet another rip-off of DOMA. Yoshida always writes the exact same story, with the exact same character stereotypes filling the exact same roles, with the exact same twists happening the exact same way. Every. Single. Time. And no, this is not an exaggeration. Have you watched DOMA? Then you've already watched Dark Signers, Zexal, and probably Vrains as well.

juicykitten95 said:

You're mistaken if you think they're going to show people actually dying. They won't. This was just used to artificially rise the stakes so the protagonist has an excuse for not losing. And it doesn't add tension, it takes away tension actually, precisely because of it you know the protagonist is never to going to lose a life-threatening duel. It only makes duels more predictable than they already are. The way I see it, they're trying to turn Yusaku into another self-insert card game Jesus like Yusei that never loses. And that was the main reason I hated Yusei so much in 5D's.

Whatever you say but i think you are stretching things really far based off really small info, again the fact that they already addressed how life threatening duels work kind of nulls this complaint cause it only is going to be life threatening when against the knights or similar folk, a vast majority of the duels will very likley not have life threatening stakes and we might already see yusaku losing in the next couple episodes if he really goes up against revolver already like the magazine article someone posted on /a/ implied.

like at least give it a couple of duels before saying it will follow the same format writer or not, I dont recall season 4 of GX being anything like doma and that was written by him, yet season 3 of GX was massively similar in stakes to how DOMA was and yoshida had nothing to do with it,.
JizzyHitlerMay 21, 2017 9:23 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 22, 2017 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
>tfw everyone despised Arc V so much they forced themselves to forget about the things Yuzu did, who also had a better character since the start

Smh.
An okay episode but for a series about SPEED the animation was pretty wonky at times. I know it was probably done for the aesthetic, but still.
I already like the Astral clone, he's pretty cool. Yuusaku's voice is really good.
RukaliiniMay 22, 2017 1:30 PM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

May 24, 2017 4:39 AM

Oct 2007
So animated duel links. Cool i guess. Got tired of that game a while ago.

Wonder if there's a Kaiba Corp in this universe, since there is a Kaiba Corp in the game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
JudgeRuthless said:
So animated duel links. Cool i guess. Got tired of that game a while ago.

Wonder if there's a Kaiba Corp in this universe, since there is a Kaiba Corp in the game.

duel links is the most when when you play it with insta 8000 pts mod
May 27, 2017 6:07 AM

Oct 2012
So this duel reminds me of duel links.
3 monster - 3 spell.
also skill.

Btw I like naming of that card.
e.g = DDos Attack, Cyverse Beacon, Stack Reviver.
Made me become computer geek.
May 27, 2017 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Indrico said:
So this duel reminds me of duel links.
3 monster - 3 spell.
also skill.

thats cuz it is duel links
May 28, 2017 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Does anyone feel like they're using a remixed version of Passionate Duelist for the soundtrack?

The composer is actually the same of the original YGO Duel Monsters. He's kinda making a reference to that track (the VRAINS one is not too amazing tho).
May 28, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2014
CLBGM said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Does anyone feel like they're using a remixed version of Passionate Duelist for the soundtrack?

The composer is actually the same of the original YGO Duel Monsters. He's kinda making a reference to that track (the VRAINS one is not too amazing tho).
Oh, no wonder I thought they felt similar. Agreed, the original passionate duelist was the superior track but the VRAINS one is still pretty good though.
Jul 2, 2017 2:44 PM
May 2017
This episode was a classic Yugioh episode through and through.

The Dual was over the top with crazy monsters you can get at a store near you, fun strategies, and new plot convenient cards that the protagonist pulled out of nowhere, the protagonist even killed a man with no remorse like Yami Yugi did in Season Zero.

I've only seen Yugioh dubbed and Abridged I know murder by card games happens more often in the subbed series but I didn't expect it to still be so cold blooded.

It was fun and awesome.
Dec 14, 2017 2:17 AM

Sep 2015
Good save Blue Angel 0.0

Just watching this for the new rules im guessing skills are only an anime thing not in actual real life dueling lol.
Dec 14, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
Hinata said:
Good save Blue Angel 0.0

Just watching this for the new rules im guessing skills are only an anime thing not in actual real life dueling lol.

skills are a thing in duel links
Feb 23, 2018 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
Just come to say that this episode has a very good synchronization of audio-visual. The most noticable scene is when the girl help playmaker when he's gonna fall.
Feb 26, 2018 11:35 AM

May 2016
Okay, that was a bad episode. One, having a duel happen in between 1 and 3 doesn't make this series look at all great. That was just one single duel. Two, how is a skill lettin this fight get better. Imo, just cheap and usless. Third, Link summoing is bad. Fourth, how the fell are people saying this show is good, or it's better, imo Vrains first 13 episode are far worst than Arc-V episode 54 onwards, not to mention VR having 4 recaps in under 40 epiosde. Finally, the plot makes no sense and Revolver seems like you generic 90's villian.
It feels like mini-arcs each time and after the “heroes” win, the villains just start planning again. It feels like I’m watching the Pinky and the Brain where each time the KOH lost, Spectre just starts the next arc asking what they’re going to do as Revolver say, “the same thing we’re going to do every arc, we’re going to destroy Link VR”
Nov 15, 2018 7:12 AM

May 2016
Okay, that was awful. The pacing was all over the place. They wasted too much time on explanations and it felt the duel was unnecessary dragged out. And the duel itself was probably the worst opening duel of any series so far. Shameless Duel Links advertising. I don't know who's genius idea was to base an entire 3-year show on a mobile app. Is Duel Links really that popular? And don't get me started on Skills. Its obvious they're just a cheap plot device like Action Cards. And the hoverboards are just lame. So far they look like a more budget and limited version of D-Wheels. Honestly, why can't we have normal duels that doesn't involve gimmicks like these? I know they said that Master Duels will also be featured, but given how Speed Duels are supposedly the main duel format of the show, and given the amount of non-Riding Duels in 5D's and non-Action Duels in Arc-V, that doesn't gives me much of a hope. And the part about your real body dying if you take enough damage in VR was completely unnecessary and was only used to needlessly rise the stakes and create artificial tension. I don't want to sould like I'm hating just for the sake of it, but I'm honestly amazed at how people can call this "good" and "dark", when it is mediocre at best and it isn't darker than the standard YGO show. Typical Yoshida bullshit so far. Its still early to judge it, as there are only 2 episodes out, but its honeslty looking pretty bad.
Jun 3, 2019 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
3 Main Monster and Magic/Trap zones.
Speed Duel!
Cracking Dragon. 3000 ATK.
Pot of Greed is a skill now.
Blue Angel saved Playmaker.
Dem flashbacks.
STORM ACCESS!
Sore wa dou kana.
Kirifuda.
Link shokan?
Decode Talker?
Decode End!
Playmaker won.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 2, 2019 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
Ok, this was an awesome duel! Great episode I might say. Playmaker was awesome!
Jan 31, 2020 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode and duel! I'm loving Vrains and Yuusaku was very cool and competent!
Mar 2, 2020 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
The first duel of Vrains is Yusaku vs a Knight of Hanoi. Nothing more to say except that it was a very well made duel imo. The delivery of the end was just perfect.
Mar 3, 2020 2:03 AM

May 2016
Great episode and duel! I'm loving Vrains and Yuusaku was very cool and competent!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.