Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 7 Discussion

May 17, 2017 2:18 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, another wicked spiritual being Boruto has to deal with this episode..

This one seems quite sinister too.
Episode gave surprisingly amount of screen time to the that girl with the big appetite in class. I guess thsi show will even make supporting characters more relevant.

May 17, 2017 3:07 AM
Good episode so far and it was nice to see with alot of funny moments :D
looks like mitsuki knows about the shadow and plans with someone to do something

finally the next episode will be talking about bourto's eye and naruto will appear more than all previous episodes with hinata and his sister .. can't wait to see next week's episode :D <3

May 17, 2017 3:20 AM

If you ask me, this was the weakest episode so far. The whole stalker ordeal didn't interest me all that much and felt kinda tacked on.

Cho cho pep talk. O.O I did not expect that in the slightest. xD
That parallel between the stalker kid and the potato chips though. xD

Looks like Boruto's finally figuring out what this dark energy maybe and there's some new info at the Hokage's office about people having Chakra drained.
Boruto is a pro artist. :P

Next episode looks nice. :)
Modified by Lelouch0202, May 17, 2017 3:24 AM

May 17, 2017 3:21 AM

Nice episode.
LOL Boruto's drawings.

This stalking is serious.
Magire affected by the dark chakra.

Chou Chou calming him down with the help of chips. Never though I'd see that.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 17, 2017 3:22 AM

Nice episode, the fight scene against the possessed guy was surprisingly well-animated. I also like ChouChou a bit more now, even though 'beating' the enemy with a generic friendship speech was kind of cheap. I wish Mitsuki would stop chatting with the snake and bond more with the boys, he's still such a blank slate personality-wise.

May 17, 2017 3:32 AM

Creepy stalker time.
Man, I can't stand ChouChou at all, everything she does or says is annoying.

May 17, 2017 4:22 AM
Ulquiorra said:
Creepy stalker time.
Man, I can't stand ChouChou at all, everything she does or says is annoying.

Same here, when she confronted that stalker guy on the rooftop I had to skip quite a bit, because otherwise I would cringe too hard. I wish she'd just stop being one of the major characters.

May 17, 2017 4:25 AM

In Episode 7 of the original serie we had Zabuza and Kakashi fighting it out.

In Borturo we have an episode about chips...

Yep, this anime is starting like a burning pile of poo.

May 17, 2017 4:38 AM

Vindicater said:

The original series also forgot to flesh out its sidecast until it was too late and start retconning information. The sequel is just making sure not to repeat the same mistake by letting the audience get to know the characters and see them interact. Not to mention, this is all just a buildup and you already know what's coming if you've already watched the Boruto movie or read the Naruto gaiden.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 17, 2017 5:10 AM

Probably the weakest episode so far, but it was still enjoyable.

Chouchou's way of resolving the fight was a bit lackluster, but the episode itself made up for that with some smooth animation during the fight and the separation scenes, as well as some really funny moments too, like Boruto's garbage drawings of the monsters.

The main plot will build up soon anyway, so I'm glad the side characters are getting their screentime and time in the spotlight. =)

May 17, 2017 5:22 AM

Yoooo! what? Cho cho can actually be good... but all these potato chip and food references were too much. Also why did the stalker boi look like Orciimaru (ist how to spell his name) with his "makeup".

I like watching these episode but ik ready to get into some plot now. I heard news that the Author was gonna kill someone off he's wanted to kill for a long time now! Hopefully, Naruto isn't gonna be the one... because like that means Boruto would only have drive to be a great ninja if his father died. to me it seems sorta cheap!

anyways I still like the episode. so I don't feel like I'm wasting time!
Modified by UrbanJahts, May 17, 2017 9:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 17, 2017 5:28 AM
It's like a what if episode if Hinata tried to ask Hinata out.

Also, kids stalking kids.
Modified by saltncheese, May 17, 2017 5:34 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/

May 17, 2017 5:34 AM

saltncheese said:
It's like a what if episode if Hinata tried to ask Hinata out.

even hinata thinks hinata is best girl =D
Some favorite new girls from the summer season <3

May 17, 2017 5:51 AM
Boring episode, talk no jutsu by chou chou

The preview looks like Boruto will get his Byakugan next week, not likely but at least stop this talk no jutsu crap

May 17, 2017 6:12 AM

Oh, look at that. Another garbage episode. What a surprise /s

May 17, 2017 6:37 AM
Loved it! I adore Cho Cho so much. Thank god for crunchyroll

May 17, 2017 6:45 AM

Cinnamoninja said:
Loved it! I adore Cho Cho so much. Thank god for crunchyroll
Chou Chou is like the best anime character ever created.

May 17, 2017 6:49 AM

Not sure what's next episode is gonna be about but can't wait!!

May 17, 2017 6:51 AM

That stalker kid was creepy and I'm pretty sure that after this, Cho Cho might be the only person who would be interested in him lol

Still, she was pretty wise and understanding and I'm surprised that she's this mature for her age....That combined with her whit and I can see now why she's liked in Japan lol

The next two episodes are going to be Hyuga centric, so I can't wait

May 17, 2017 6:54 AM

Z4k said:
Vindicater said:

The original series also forgot to flesh out its sidecast until it was too late and start retconning information. The sequel is just making sure not to repeat the same mistake by letting the audience get to know the characters and see them interact. Not to mention, this is all just a buildup and you already know what's coming if you've already watched the Boruto movie or read the Naruto gaiden.
You would think that more people would understand this by now but nah, just because there isn't high staked action with super powers, that means that it's crap

We live in an age where characterization and build up don't matter anymore it seems

May 17, 2017 7:38 AM

Shits getting super boring. Can we legit just get on with boruto and move this forward. I don't really care about a stalker.

May 17, 2017 7:39 AM

Decent episode. I didn't care much about the guy that was stalking Sumire. Chouchou's talk to him was savage, but with the power of potato chips, the thing that was controlling him went away. Boruto is figuring out what it is.

May 17, 2017 7:57 AM

Lol, so Sumire is the next Sasuke of the academy. xdd
You did right, ChoCho. I'm proud of you. ♥♥
Can't wait for the next ep.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."

May 17, 2017 7:57 AM

this show cannot par with naruto at all if they dont give a purpose asap
so far its just a cat and mouse chase with a shadow

other than that it does have good humour; but some parts are a bit too cheesy and cliches like the character bawling his eyes out etc

and when i see the voting results i just think that some people are forcing themselves to click they loved... i mean i had to force myself to consider that the episode is okay

May 17, 2017 8:34 AM

I can see why a lot of people think this anime sucks..it's nothing like Naruto, which had a clear adventure-like story, a more serious tone, and much higher stakes. Boruto seems more like a show about friends but at the same time, I think it's relaxing and entertaining. Still, I'm hoping they do up the stakes soon.

May 17, 2017 8:52 AM

Episode was alright, feels like the introductions are finally coming to an end. Curious to see more about the uzumaki family next week.

May 17, 2017 9:42 AM

Oh look, a stalker! Sarada, you finally found someone to be your buddy :D
Jokes aside, that guy was extremely creepy. Usually stalkers are shown as funny in Anime, but this guy was all but that.

I'm surprised that Chocho was so nice towards him, I thought she would go Feminist on him and beat him up. Good to see that she has such an understanding side to her, contrasting her brute jutsus.
And it's interesting that she saved him via Talk-no-Jutsu whereas Boruto could only knock people out in order to save them. This gives me hopes that our Protag will not be using that "technique" as much as his father did.

tambi33 said:
and when i see the voting results i just think that some people are forcing themselves to click they loved... i mean i had to force myself to consider that the episode is okay

Different people, different tastes. Those who don't mind slow-pacing shows or lack of action do tend to like the show. The Manga is more tense and jumped right into action, but frankly I'd say that the Anime is a far superior version.

Pknoctis said:
I can see why a lot of people think this anime sucks..it's nothing like Naruto, which had a clear adventure-like story, a more serious tone, and much higher stakes. Boruto seems more like a show about friends but at the same time, I think it's relaxing and entertaining. Still, I'm hoping they do up the stakes soon.

Naruto was far from a serious show, outside its serious arcs it was one gag after another. It also didn't immediately start with high stakes, but developed to them eventually.

Unlike Naruto whose Manga had to rush in order to not get canceled, Boruto can take its sweet time and develop at a slower pace both due to the franchise being a cashcow and because the Anime is definitely going to be long-running. Kishimoto (who has a hand in story planning) himself also probably doesn't want the story to start all tense after being forced to write the Great Ninja War arc for years without stop.

Overall though, Boruto will reach high stakes in its due time.

May 17, 2017 10:19 AM

I do understand the stalker, class pres a cute :)

May 17, 2017 10:37 AM

Vindicater said:

This

Not to mention the power of a friendchips which can calm down anybody

Good Lord..

May 17, 2017 10:40 AM
Was it me or that "stalker kid" looks very similar to Orochimaru while he was still a ninja at konoha. Lol
Modified by XxQueenJxX, May 17, 2017 10:43 AM

May 17, 2017 10:42 AM

Didn't really care for this episode, the fight was pretty nicely animated, and Chocho got to shine a bit, but I wasn't really feeling this one.

Next episode looks like something interesting might finally happen in terms of learning about Boruto's eye.

Tokoya said:
Z4k said:

You would think that more people would understand this by now but nah, just because there isn't high staked action with super powers, that means that it's crap

We live in an age where characterization and build up don't matter anymore it seems

I'm not really a defender of Boruto since I'm not super attached to this series, but this is something that bothers me in general, regardless of the anime. You get an episode, or multiple episodes, with a lot of talking, character development, world building, etc., and everyone complains that it's boring and nothing happened. But if that same show just jumped into a bunch of flashy, mindless action without explaining a single thing, and killed off a bunch of characters that were never given a chance to receive development, those same people would STILL be complaining that there should have been more character development and explanations. It's pretty ridiculous.
"Ousama Game was a mistake." UPDATE: "Mahou Shoujo Site was, somehow, an even bigger mistake."

-Me, and probably every single person who watched those shows.

May 17, 2017 10:46 AM

From the preview I expected this to be a really bad episode. It wasn't that really good, but what I am hyped about is that the build-up. We get more and more information about what this shadow-like thing is, and next episode Boruto will probably mention his eye to his parents as well, which will accelerate events. At least I hope.

May 17, 2017 10:50 AM

"Hey guys, denki here! I just wanted to let you know I still exist."
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

May 17, 2017 10:54 AM

I's me Mario again!

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."

May 17, 2017 11:13 AM

People keep arguing with haters who say that boruto does not live up naruto and nothing happens per episode by saying the show is fleshing out the side characters. I understand Cho Cho because in this episode we learnt that Cho Cho buys more than one type of potatoe chips and is an avid user of talk no jutsu. Lets move on to Sumire who is also meant to be a focus of this episode. What t did we learn from her? Nothing. She is bland and a very shitty copy of Hinata Hyuga. If this is what you call "fleshing out the cast" then I feel sorry for you trying hardest to find redeeming qualities for this series. The plot is very repetitive similar to the monster of the week approach and cast is showing time and time again that they are just a water down version of their previous generation.

With Naruto having such an expansive world why are we limited to a high school setting, a burger joint, court yard anyway. Waste in my opinion.

final thoughts to those defending this series yes they are fleshing out the cast in the most boring way possible showing us the same character interactions and adding a few variation as possible meaning that its not fleshing out the cast its just simply screen time by now.

May 17, 2017 12:40 PM

Omg a stalker after sumire.
Cho Cho potato chop talk

May 17, 2017 12:50 PM

I love Cho Cho. She may be the reason I'm watching Boruto.

This show switched from the sequel to one of the best anime of the century into a mystery school anime and slice of life. This all sound like a fanfic.

May 17, 2017 12:51 PM

thatPinkSpider said:
I's me Mario again!

best Boruto character not only best girl

May 17, 2017 12:53 PM

ALBOURAX said:
Vindicater said:

This

Not to mention the power of a friendchips which can calm down anybody

Good Lord..

no it's not the power of friendship it's the power of potato chips and you have to admit that this belongs to the original anime and potato chips once gave us a hardcore fight.

May 17, 2017 1:40 PM

Kenna_Pyralis said:
I understand Cho Cho because in this episode we learnt that Cho Cho buys more than one type of potatoe chips and is an avid user of talk no jutsu.

I mean sure that's one way to put it if you want to be reductive. However, the episode was just showcasing one of Cho Cho's qualities like her kindness, which is similar to her father but they presented it differently by using the stalker as a plot device. They also continued the plot of the dark beast chakra by revealing that it's stealing people's chakra and that Mitsuki probably can't see it. So yeah it's not like nothing important happened in the episode.

May 17, 2017 1:48 PM
Anyone else feel like toneri and mitsuki are similarly looking? I get the feeling boruto has something like a tenseigan, it can't be a normal byakugan.

May 17, 2017 2:51 PM

I hate the way Cho Cho talks and acts with that gyaru type or whatever it is.

At first I thought that new guy was a Hyuuga, but he's way too bitch made to be one. Glad about that tho.

Pretty weak episode, one of my least favs so far. I mean they should at least show Orochimaru talking with Mitsuki not just a snake to heat things up a little cmon.

May 17, 2017 2:56 PM

Lol cho cho is the reason this episode was enjoyable to watch.. That shadow thing is boring af. In every single episode It's the same (someone gets controlled, boruto happens to be there & shadow goes away.. :/

May 17, 2017 4:18 PM

I honestly adore ChouChou. She's dumb annoying but she's so cute! I love her voice and confidence!

May 17, 2017 4:59 PM

Inugirlz said:
I honestly adore ChouChou. She's dumb annoying but she's so cute! I love her voice and confidence!

I also agree ^^ I like Sumire aswell

May 17, 2017 6:49 PM

3/5

Yay for having more screen time for Sarada and Sumire. Two of my girls are shown more frequently is always a good episode.

That guy was super creepy even before he was possessed by that shadow thing. After he was possessed his creep levels were off the charts. He's definitely a guy who probably will never redeem himself in the future. Fortunately he's not a main character so I'm glad he's going to be gone for a while.

Boruto's drawing was dumb in an entertaining way and it looks like Mitsuki knows whats going on but is content with being an observer.

I truly dislike Cho Cho though. Her character type is not something that can ever win me over.

May 17, 2017 7:22 PM

thebrentinator24 said:
Didn't really care for this episode, the fight was pretty nicely animated, and Chocho got to shine a bit, but I wasn't really feeling this one.

Next episode looks like something interesting might finally happen in terms of learning about Boruto's eye.

Tokoya said:

I'm not really a defender of Boruto since I'm not super attached to this series, but this is something that bothers me in general, regardless of the anime. You get an episode, or multiple episodes, with a lot of talking, character development, world building, etc., and everyone complains that it's boring and nothing happened. But if that same show just jumped into a bunch of flashy, mindless action without explaining a single thing, and killed off a bunch of characters that were never given a chance to receive development, those same people would STILL be complaining that there should have been more character development and explanations. It's pretty ridiculous.
You said it, it's impossible to satisfy anyone anymore

May 17, 2017 7:43 PM
The worst storyline .. Started getting bored

May 17, 2017 9:13 PM

Boring episode for me, there are two scenes in every episode that are important and all the rest is normal, they are building something but at a very slow pace.

May 17, 2017 9:56 PM

By the way, I'm glad that the art and animation of this episode become better. I hope it can be held 'till the last episode.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store