Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 6 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2017 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Really a great episode, Willem has an encounter with acquaintances of the past, but his concern now is only the girls that he takes care of, and thus he is discovering more and more on the fairies, how much more I see about them, more sentimental I am, but the High point of the episode is really the recovery of Chtholly, I was apprehensive to see her in that state, well, one thing I'm sure now, I'll start reading the LN immediately once the anime is over ..
May 16, 2017 9:17 PM
Apr 2017
Oh god, I get the feeling that this will ended up "Read the fucking source material" route. If this was in fact 12 episode series, 3 episodes per volume, that would be up to vol.4 which is we (fellow LN reader) all know is a cliffhanger.
May 16, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
This is getting pretty fucked up.

Fairies made en-mass using the ghosts of dead kids. Souwong is almost proud of it, gives no fucks that they go to die. Willem even called him out on his reasoning too? Why does the surface matter? Nobody in the islands cares about going down there, and neither of them have any actual reason to either; no one is waiting.

Super curious about the origins of the beasts though. They weren't actually made by the cult, and Souwong knows the truth, which whatever it is, is so bad that he knows it'll make Willem hate him.

Have a feeling shit is going to get hella sad too. Emotional enough just from Ctholly waking up...but then Ithea had to go and say that it was a miracle, and whatever Ctholly did to make it happen, she probably did so without thinking of the consequences. Implying that saving her mind from encroachment is somehow going to end up being detrimental.

You'd think that 500 years in the future, there would be some magic or some Magus with the power to restore Willem's body from all of the internal damage. At full health he's probably strong as fuck despite what he says.
May 16, 2017 10:14 PM
Apr 2017
Very good episode, and waiting for next episode
May 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
Alright, more revelations and back stories thrown in this episode and it was even better than I expected. The meeting with Souwong and Skull head (as well as the flashback to 500 years ago) was pretty cool. The reveal at the end that Souwong hadn't told Williem the whole true raised so many question marks. Why did he not tell him? Why would Skull head decide to help him preserve the life in the floating islands anyway (if he was one of those Beasts), and what exactly is this secret that he withheld? I'm so curious to find out just who or what exactly created those 17 beasts, and for what purpose.

Ctholly's trance was yet another moment that raised a ton of questions. I can assume that Redhaired girl was the original spirit that was used to create Ctholly, but what exactly happened at the end there when she decided to come back from her coma-like state? What did she lose in saying goodbye to her original spirit self? And just how come the spirits used to create Ctholly and her "sisters" are all from young children? Do children's spirits last longer than older ones? And how did these spirits last over 500 years anyway?

The ending was emotional and beautiful for stripping away everything and giving us the raw feelings of bothe Williem and Ctholly, but in the end the only thing on my mind are all the questions raised because of the revelations and the events that transpired during this episode.

Oh, and who exactly was the red haired girl from 500 years ago, or the one they mentioned (who was outside fighting or something).

So many questions, I'm trying really hard not to spoil myself right now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 17, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2014
Holy crap this was a painful gif to do, watching this scene frame by frame was heartbreaking

Then despair and determination

AnathorMay 17, 2017 2:13 AM
May 17, 2017 1:08 AM

Jul 2007

Spoilers, seriously.
May 17, 2017 1:11 AM

Feb 2011
Anathor said:
Holy crap this was a painful gif to do, watching this scene frame by frame was heartbreaking

I know what you mean. I waited weeks for the Scene and I love it. I prefer the anime version here.
Next week butter Cake time.
May 17, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2016
I just wish Willem and Chtholly would just make out already! I really love them >//<

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 17, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2013
yep, and that's how love cures all xD
May 17, 2017 3:20 AM
Apr 2017
OMG... Yes! Our most awaited "Butter Cake Scene" is next, can't fucking wait.
May 17, 2017 4:23 AM

Jan 2014
Welp ready for vol 3. Feels incoming....
May 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
The second best episode since the first episode direction wise
Will read the LN to get a more detailed explanation on what's happening since the anime doesn't seem to explore the details much
Things is getting more interesting for sure
May 17, 2017 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something so the girls are wondering spirits or something
May 17, 2017 12:25 PM
Jun 2011
Fai said:

Spoilers, seriously.

I deleted it, but I am unsure what you considered was a spoiler. It should already be apparent to even anime watchers that the beasts appeared after he disappeared. The skull guy thing has already been mentioned by other users multiple times in these threads, and it was common knowledge even early in the LN.
May 18, 2017 12:43 AM

Mar 2013
Suwong, you are now one of my fav characters xD an old man acting so childish
May 18, 2017 7:05 AM

Apr 2016
The good thing : I didn't expected the meeting between Willem, this old Souwong and his former enemy to turn into comedy. I didn't see that coming.

The bad thing : the realization at the end of the episode, I saw it was supposed to be emotional, but the almost "heartless" reaction of Willem or let's say his lack of reaction, even Nygglatho had to push him, and the whining of Chtolly sounded forced and unnatural to my ears. As a result, I wondered how they could go so wrong here while I loved the emotional moments in the previous episodes.
In the end it might be the episode I liked the least since the beginning.

The last words of Souwong sounded like he was the one who brought the beasts on earth. We'll hopefully learn later what happened exactly.
May 18, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Although I already have an idea about what might've created/awakened the seventeen beasts, I'm still not 100% sure. With this episode a few questions were answered, I'm curious about what'll happen next cause the Sage and the Skull thing seem to have plans.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 18, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2016
So, half a season covers 2/5 volumes of the LN. It's pretty rushed already, but are they really going to condense the 3 leftover volumes even more? I guess the the first part of vol 5 is pretty chill, but vol 4 is pretty eventful overall, no?
May 18, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
So, half a season covers 2/5 volumes of the LN. It's pretty rushed already, but are they really going to condense the 3 leftover volumes even more? I guess the the first part of vol 5 is pretty chill, but vol 4 is pretty eventful overall, no?

I think they're going by the 3 episode per volume format . A 4 episode per volume format (which would end us at vol 3) would have been better cause they did rush some parts like battle flashback and skip some bits of foreshadowing (mostly about elq and ending of vol1), still a decent a adaptation for me though . Maybe do volume 5 in a sequel movie ?
Shishou_23May 18, 2017 9:09 AM
May 18, 2017 8:51 AM

Oct 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I think they're going by the 3 episode per volume format. A 4 episode per volume format would have been cause they did rush some parts like battle flashback and skip some bits of foreshadowing (mostly about elq and ending of vol1), still a decent a adaptation for me though . Maybe do volume 5 in a sequel movie ?

Stopping at vol 4? That's one hell of a cliffhanger though.
May 18, 2017 9:00 AM
Apr 2017
If their primary intention was to make the LN sell, then it would make sense if they gonna adapt it up to vol4.
May 18, 2017 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
I have to agree with great sage. Willem is fool for valuing girls over the fate of the floating islands
May 18, 2017 10:32 AM

Jul 2007
Germs_N_Spices said:

So far the pacing is decent-ish. And there's absolutely now way for them to cover all five novels at this point. Maybe up to the end of Vol4 and Fifth as an OVA or something.
May 18, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2016
Such a sad and heavy episode indeed. That bone was kind of funny as well as suowong I thought Souwong was a serious person based on the OP.

Knowing more truth about the origin of Kotori and the kids, was so damn cruel and sad. Those creepy surreal visuals in kotori's mind might be from the memory of that red haired girl comrade of Wilhem and Suowong. And there's also a red haired kid in her consciousness.
May 18, 2017 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
Hey wait....... I was supposed to be saddened at mind-broke Ctholly, but none.....
So still thinking about Willhem, is his backstory be gonna explained properly, or just conveniently at appropriate plot?

Also is this show gonna skim around death, saved by 'Love' or have what it takes to show tragedy.
May 18, 2017 5:07 PM
Jun 2011
cronoSpirA said:
Such a sad and heavy episode indeed. That bone was kind of funny as well as suowong I thought Souwong was a serious person based on the OP.

Knowing more truth about the origin of Kotori and the kids, was so damn cruel and sad. Those creepy surreal visuals in kotori's mind might be from the memory of that red haired girl comrade of Wilhem and Suowong. And there's also a red haired kid in her consciousness.

Souwong is quite serious. The reason Willem randomly thanked him during the episode is because Souwong seemed to be pretending to be his old self in order to not depress Willem with how much he had changed in 500 years.
May 18, 2017 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
Another "almost feels" episode... :(
Glad that she is alive! Did she forget what happened to her? Or when Willem hugged her she remembered?
I hope they explain later what happened in this episode.
But i'm happy that she is alive, it's so emotional watching Willem in that state...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 18, 2017 6:32 PM

Oct 2016
rinneganfire4u said:
Hey wait....... I was supposed to be saddened at mind-broke Ctholly, but none.....
So still thinking about Willhem, is his backstory be gonna explained properly, or just conveniently at appropriate plot?

Also is this show gonna skim around death, saved by 'Love' or have what it takes to show tragedy.

No, not really. As Ithea mentioned in the end, Kutori wilfully sacrificed some important things to get back.
May 18, 2017 6:42 PM

Mar 2009
I wonder what's up with the beasts. Maybe they were once humans in the past?
May 18, 2017 6:48 PM

May 2015
Souwong is a cool old man, but hearing about how the fairies came to be was pretty disturbing.

Ctholly and having dreams that disintegrate the mind...probably due to surviving the attack when she was supposed to die? And Elq is...her past self maybe?

The truth about the beasts...If that means what I think that means then...oh my god. I can predict what the truth might be, but if it is actually true, this is going to get really tragic...
May 18, 2017 9:19 PM
Jun 2011
Momosamaa said:
So - this anime tears me up, every episode. But I need a bit of help. I'm understanding most of it. But like, can someone just gimme a nutshell of what's going on? What is that skull? The fairies are like kids who died or something and then turned into humanoids? HALP

The skull is the same guy/thing that Willem fought before his petrification 500 years ago. Because Williem beat him up so much, he has not been able to regenerate his body yet. What the skull is may or may not be a spoiler so I will not mention it.

The fairies (or leprechauns as they are called) are basically souls of little kids who died before their souls knew what death was, so they can sometimes reincarnate as leprechauns and live a new life until mental disintegration happens as a result of them beginning to remember their past life which is what had happened to Chtholly in the episode.

This is all information that can be taken from tidbits of information provided already in the show, I am an LN reader but all of this stuff is common knowledge at this point in the story so none of this should be a spoiler.
May 18, 2017 9:39 PM
Jun 2011
Momosamaa said:
Goldkoron said:

The skull is the same guy/thing that Willem fought before his petrification 500 years ago. Because Williem beat him up so much, he has not been able to regenerate his body yet. What the skull is may or may not be a spoiler so I will not mention it.

The fairies (or leprechauns as they are called) are basically souls of little kids who died before their souls knew what death was, so they can sometimes reincarnate as leprechauns and live a new life until mental disintegration happens as a result of them beginning to remember their past life which is what had happened to Chtholly in the episode.

This is all information that can be taken from tidbits of information provided already in the show, I am an LN reader but all of this stuff is common knowledge at this point in the story so none of this should be a spoiler.

Thank you! But what was the guy he was fighting 500 years ago? Like was he then, what the beasts are now? Was there like a war goin on or something?

The skull guy is not a beast and never was a beast. The beasts appeared after Willem disappeared. The reason Willem was fighting that guy should be explained in any coming episode.
May 18, 2017 10:42 PM

Mar 2016
Momosamaa said:
So - this anime tears me up, every episode. But I need a bit of help. I'm understanding most of it. But like, can someone just gimme a nutshell of what's going on? What is that skull? The fairies are like kids who died or something and then turned into humanoids? HALP

Willem definitely wasn't fighting beasts before he was petrified considering how he questions their existence, where they came from, what caused them to appear. If he witnessed them and fought them, he'd know a bit by now. Ebon is obviously not a beast considering he doesn't lump himself with the beasts when talking about them and refers to them as humanity's sin. He is the one who fought against humanity 500 years ago. If there were also beasts back when willem was alive, willem wouldn't call his battle with ebon kandel "the final battle" when he was talking with his daughter.
May 19, 2017 9:17 AM

May 2016
It's already half of the season?? No ! It's so good !
May 19, 2017 3:08 PM

Feb 2008
At least everything worked out for the blue-haired fairy. A moment of solace, considering her grim fate.
May 19, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Quite the eventful episode, got a bit strange too.
Luckily there was at least a bittersweet ending.
May 20, 2017 4:34 AM
Apr 2017
Next episode must very good n nice song
May 20, 2017 5:03 AM

Feb 2011
Davsocr7 said:

YES it's f*cking Butter 🍰 Time, finally, I can't wait.
May 20, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
In short, they have kept us on the thorns so far, it is understandable that this episode is one of the best seen so far. Sadly sad and comical the narration, but the two contexts, do not squeeze together. I look forward to the next!
May 20, 2017 10:08 AM
Nov 2016
I don't get why everyone was all so depressed...
There's lots of cool unique lore in the anime, but...it doesn't feel like anything really important has happened much. Plot progression is little, and none of the cool lore is really focused that much. Nothing of THAT significance seems to be happening.
Maybe my opinion here is a result of watching weekly, since my memory sucks.
May 20, 2017 4:32 PM
Apr 2017
[quote=Nuckel-Cell]
Davsocr7 said:

YES it's f*cking Butter 🍰 Time, finally, I can't wait.hahaha ,what do you think about this anime ??
May 20, 2017 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! This just keeps getting better...and as well as preparing for the tragic worst...TSK!
5/5.

EDIT: very good insert song as well on the end part.

May 21, 2017 2:48 AM

Feb 2011
[quote=Davsocr7]
Nuckel-Cell said:
Davsocr7 said:

YES it's f*cking Butter 🍰 Time, finally, I can't wait.hahaha ,what do you think about this anime ??

Well, I think it's good. A few thinks are better than the novel. A few thinks not, but who cares.xD
May 21, 2017 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
That ending was really nice.

May 21, 2017 8:40 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was great, it made me feel a bit emotional. It's really tragic what they're doing with all the fairies.
May 22, 2017 4:37 AM

Jun 2016
This was a very good one. The imagery and design of the "mind world" was really cool.

I guess Souwong and Mr. Skull will be handled as villains. What I like about them, is that I totally understand their motives.

I wonder what price Ithea was talking about...
May 23, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
Good finally some meaningful plot development as we get more background on how the events of the past connect to the present events and we learn more about the fairies. I thought that was a very touching ending to the episode and I was glad to see Chtholly overcome her struggles with the memories of her past life in order to get back home to Willem
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
So those are the ones creating the fairies! That is sad, they get lost souls of kids, they are mean, and they are the ones that created the monsters for sure...
I was so so glad when Chtholly woke up in the end!
Jun 4, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
Thats a pretty fucked up plan tbh. Ressurecting ghosts into fairies and let them battle to death...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.