Forum Settings
Forums

Is it weird that I'm a male who likes cute things?

New
May 15, 2017 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
As the title says, I'm a male who enjoys cute things. I'm straight with no interest in other men. I also still enjoy things like gore however.

It probably is, even I find it a bit questionable at times.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2017 11:44 PM

Sep 2014
You're 110% homosexual, go to your local church immediately.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
May 15, 2017 11:49 PM

Apr 2017
well whats the cutest thing you ever did/saw?

personally my 'cute' standards are high and only my waifu can satisfy (dat rhyme)
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
May 15, 2017 11:53 PM
Dec 2014
No, you can like whatever you want to.
May 16, 2017 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:

I don't ever remember doing anything cute lol. I'm not sure what the cutest thing I ever saw was. Probably some picture of a 3D girl before or some loli/cute drawing. Oh no, now the 3DPD people are after me
May 16, 2017 12:01 AM

May 2013
no in fact that makes you less weird lol. just try not to come on too strong about it haha ;D
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 16, 2017 12:06 AM

Mar 2017
I like cute things, but i'm gay so...
May 16, 2017 12:06 AM

Apr 2017
AstralGod said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

I don't ever remember doing anything cute lol. I'm not sure what the cutest thing I ever saw was. Probably some picture of a 3D girl before or some loli/cute drawing. Oh no, now the 3DPD people are after me

lol sounds like you need more cuteness then my dude! (since you said you enjoy it... i was expecting like a list of some cute shit... feelsslightdissapoinntmentman)

3dpd cant get you if shes 400 years old ;)
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
May 16, 2017 12:10 AM

Jul 2015
why it is weird wold it the male do perceive & express cute a gud?
May 16, 2017 12:12 AM

May 2016
If you're looking for something really cute, read Kyou no Cerberus (though it's also kind of violent). It's my go-to. My profile pic is of my favorite character (Roze).

Nothing wrong with anyone liking cute stuff. It's natural. It relieves stress. Anywhere you can find "puppy therapy," you'll find both men and women. Don't worry about it.
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
May 16, 2017 3:43 AM

Oct 2016
It's fine. As long as you stay true to your desire, you're a real man! :>

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 16, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
i have a guy friend who likes cute things and he's straight,i have never thought it was weird
May 16, 2017 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
AstralGod said:
As the title says, I'm a male who enjoys cute things. I'm straight with no interest in other men. I also still enjoy things like gore however.

You're asking a community where it's most normal for straight adult men to watch the most cutesy girly things ever. Do you know that most of the fans of "cute girls doing cute things" anime such as K-on are grown men? As well as things like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
A lot of "magical girl" anime, even those intended for little girls (such as PriPara), are also hugely popular with adult men as well. To the point that it's become a bit of a problem among parents of those girls when the show throws in some fanservice for those adult men... Not to mention how careful parents in Japan must be to not let their young daughters fall into the trap of accidentally watching Lolicon sexual-fanservice anime, which often trick you with their super cutesy cover art featuring colorful innocent-looking little girls...
It's normal within the anime community, to like cute things no matter your gender or orientation.
If you play a game like Phantasy Star Online 2, I think people would even question if you're a man, if you don't like cutesy little girls or cute girly outfits on your female character... While majority of the good-looking male characters in the game are female players irl.

Though it also depends what you mean by "liking cute"... if you like cute things sexually, that could pose an issue in certain situations... Then that would be weird or creepy especially among female anime fans.
PikangieMay 16, 2017 5:06 AM
May 16, 2017 5:06 AM

Mar 2015
Hey, that's pretty alright. Your interests don't detract you from your identity, so like whatever you want!

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

May 16, 2017 5:08 AM

Aug 2011
I dont think its a problem at all, each person is there own individual, so yes its fine if males like cute things. Im a male and i like cute things :D
May 16, 2017 5:10 AM

Mar 2008
Pikangie said:
Not to mention how careful parents in Japan must be to not let their young daughters fall into the trap of accidentally watching Lolicon sexual-fanservice anime, which often trick you with their super cutesy cover art featuring colorful innocent-looking little girls...

I never thought of that. That would be hilarious.
May 16, 2017 5:30 AM

Aug 2016
I know a giant, bearded, literal lumberjack that watches soap opera's and puts clothes on his tiny little ankle biter dog. Don't worry about it.
May 16, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2010
traed said:
Pikangie said:
Not to mention how careful parents in Japan must be to not let their young daughters fall into the trap of accidentally watching Lolicon sexual-fanservice anime, which often trick you with their super cutesy cover art featuring colorful innocent-looking little girls...

It's happened to me as well. I was still young and my mother and I were shopping around in Japan and saw a local bookstore with some anime posters outside the window which looked innocent. We walked in and instantly we saw they openly displayed some hentai magazines with the most lewd covers ever right at the front of the store where you enter, like more lewd than regular hentai because there was just white liquid drawn all over them on different anime girls' bodies... blegh. My mom was like, "Oh no! Don't look!".

If I have a daughter, she's NOT going to be raised in Japan. Aside from the sexism/sexual assault issues, the hentai and lolicon being publicly displayed without warning, is not good for a young woman's self esteem/self worth especially during puberty. I'm grateful that my parents raised me in USA instead of Japan. It was disheartening when I met a group of Japanese players in an MMORPG, and they would warn me to not talk about female-oriented anime in public even if it's PG.
PikangieMay 16, 2017 5:37 AM
May 16, 2017 5:36 AM

Feb 2015
I think it is weird that you like things, I mean all people have something they like...

Wait... Are you possibly a human too like us?

May 16, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
There's no problem with this at all.
May 16, 2017 6:26 AM
Mar 2017
Are you new to the internet or is this a sarcastic question?
Allot of moe cute anime is already targeted specifically towards young adult men.
May 16, 2017 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
Like others have said, you're in a community where a bunch of people enjoy watching moe and have cute 2d waifu avatars.

So basically, you're normal here. Unless you're asking if in general this community is weird, and I'd say aside from a lil bit of improvement in communication skills, the community is rather normal as well.
May 16, 2017 8:31 AM
Apr 2011
Not at all. I'm a 28 going on 29 male who likes cute, girly things. For example, I collect cute figures. And like talking about female fashions.
May 16, 2017 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
Yes absolutely. The only course of action you can take for this circumstance is become transgender and chop your dick off.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 16, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
I like cute things but then I am bisexual and I like dick so who knows, maybe you do too? not a bad thing, embrace it instead.

Pikangie said:
Though it also depends what you mean by "liking cute"... if you like cute things sexually, that could pose an issue in certain situations... Then that would be weird or creepy especially among female anime fans.
A lot o females like shotacon so I do not know what are you even on about...
May 16, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
@AstralGod It is definitely not weird....you are what you are no matter what you like...I have many lady friends who like wrestling and macho stuff..... believe it does not make them any manlier...

We all like cute or weird things and many of u are just afraid to admit it
May 16, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2016
I'm a straight man with a love for cute things too.

Welcome to the club.
May 16, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2015
If that's weird, who the hell wants to be normal?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 16, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2017
Crime. Commit Seppuku, I'll do the same because I like cute things too.

May 16, 2017 9:00 AM
May 16, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2017
if by cute u mean hello kitty and pink u are not
if u mean lolis like fate liner loli type or haganai loli type or the dxd white haired loli it is normal then
May 16, 2017 9:06 AM

Jan 2015

Yeah I like cute things too

May 16, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2012
It's weird that anyone is actually replying to this
May 16, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
I watch Precure, Aikatsu, and Pripara in my 30's. There's nothing wrong with cuteness.

May 16, 2017 9:12 AM
Feb 2016
No, of course not. Like what you like, after all. Besides, I like cute things, and I don't let that really bother me.

May 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
@Pikangie eeew. Last time I went to a big town to do some shopping, I headed straight for the manga shelves and started with the upper left manga as usual. I pulled out some creepy tentacle hentai with a little girl on the cover, right when a highschooler was looking at me. First time I saw hentai shelves, it was... interesting (^:
May 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
You like cute girls/lolis.
I see nothing unusual here.
One more dude wishing for attention nothing more :7 and you choose the mal cd forum lol.
May 16, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
WyNdZ said:
I like cute girls, nothing gay about that

I like gay girls, nothing cute about that...wait...
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2016
I don't think so.

I mean, I'm a girl who likes martial arts, which isn't all that feminine. Don't think anyone finds that weird.
May 16, 2017 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's normal, because that is actually what males are naturally attracted too. (Females = Cute.) So ... maybe in some psychological or brain-science, sense, males are a lot more attracted to cute things than what would normally be considered "Stereotyped" due to that focus of attracted being what is naturally directed from the male mind.

I'm also into cute things. I'm basically female on the inside. Except I'm still attracted to females, not males. I've actually become so obsessed with females that it's like I became one inside.

It's normal. But may be more of an Alter-Ego (One Half) side than it would be, say, gay, bisexual, homosexual, etc. :D

Emi-cchi said:
I don't think so.

I mean, I'm a girl who likes martial arts, which isn't all that feminine. Don't think anyone finds that weird.

I think that's cool that you are into martial arts. So am I. What martial art style do you practice/learn?
May 16, 2017 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
darkHikaru said:

Emi-cchi said:
I don't think so.

I think that's cool that you are into martial arts. So am I. What martial art style do you practice/learn?

I practice Taekwondo, currently a yellow belt (only started about a couple months ago). You?
May 16, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2015
Nope I like cute things too.

I also am not intrested in girls (Im a guy) , tough I am attracted to them.

Dont see them as important.

But yeah, I think its fine, in the end its your'e opinion.

Like if you like rats or clocks I don't care its your'e opinion.
Near is far superior to you!

May 16, 2017 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
DEVlL said:

Yeah I like cute things too

Same here fam. hehexd ............

Throughout my life, the moments
and people who define me...
They have all been illuminated by
sparks.

May 16, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2010
Sexual Lolicon isn't what should be normal to be attracted to, but rather, let's say you became a father and had a child. Naturally it'd be normal to see your child to be the most adorable thing ever. This is important to be a father, uncle, or otherwise a human being with normal function.
If you owned a pet, such as a cat, dog, bunny, etc... You should find them cute too, and have the urge to cuddle or pet them, or otherwise take care of them. It's a paternal instinct in humans.

A guy who cannot see such cuteness, to me is abnormal and ill-fit to become a father even. I think such a person is a risk if he's a sociopath.
May 16, 2017 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
It doesn't matter how tough and hard you think you are...I've never not seen a complete tough guy melt and smile when seeing a puppy.

May 16, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
Anybody who feels the need to type "I'm straight with no interest in other men." without being accused of being gay will 100% come out as gay in the near future.
May 16, 2017 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
Pikangie said:
traed said:

It's happened to me as well. I was still young and my mother and I were shopping around in Japan and saw a local bookstore with some anime posters outside the window which looked innocent. We walked in and instantly we saw they openly displayed some hentai magazines with the most lewd covers ever right at the front of the store where you enter, like more lewd than regular hentai because there was just white liquid drawn all over them on different anime girls' bodies... blegh. My mom was like, "Oh no! Don't look!".

If I have a daughter, she's NOT going to be raised in Japan. Aside from the sexism/sexual assault issues, the hentai and lolicon being publicly displayed without warning, is not good for a young woman's self esteem/self worth especially during puberty. I'm grateful that my parents raised me in USA instead of Japan. It was disheartening when I met a group of Japanese players in an MMORPG, and they would warn me to not talk about female-oriented anime in public even if it's PG.

Japan ranks 21 on the gender inequality index which is much better than the US ranking at 43
http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/GII

As for why there is seemingly more sexual assault that is because of their cultural thing of mind your own business and don't disrupt others. Which means it's easier to get away with things. That and their police arrest innocent people for rape charges because they dont want cases to go unsolved so they do that to just change statistics. They care more about the illusion of low crime than actually reducing crime. I don't know how they treat people that had things happen to them so I wont bring that up.

Pikangie said:
Sexual Lolicon isn't what should be normal to be attracted to, but rather, let's say you became a father and had a child. Naturally it'd be normal to see your child to be the most adorable thing ever. This is important to be a father, uncle, or otherwise a human being with normal function.
If you owned a pet, such as a cat, dog, bunny, etc... You should find them cute too, and have the urge to cuddle or pet them, or otherwise take care of them. It's a paternal instinct in humans.

A guy who cannot see such cuteness, to me is abnormal and ill-fit to become a father even. I think such a person is a risk if he's a sociopath.

It's not real. Also you accidentally already explained it partially. It's a play on instincts people have combining their sexual instincts with their desire to protect small cute things. It's more of a thing for petite girls and cuteness than it is attraction to children especially when you look at how the character designs of loli characters are hardly that different from older characters. Only difference is they are shorter and a little thinner and maybe slightly larger eyes sometimes. The facial proportions of an anime characer is often more akin to an alien than a human with such large eyes, lack of a nose, and tiny mouth, and large bulbous heads. Sociopathy is anti-social personality disorder. It's a person who primarily only cares about themselves and doesnt mind if they hurt others to get things they want. That would effect other negatively regardless of what they are into so that is pretty pointless of a thing to point out since you should never trust a sociopath with anything to begin with.

Also this thread wasnt about sexual interest.
traedMay 16, 2017 4:03 PM
May 16, 2017 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
I'd be more worried about your daughter being attacked by the crazy of the week over some hentai at a storefront, you can ignore hentai, you can't ignore a random deranged individual.

May 16, 2017 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
Pikangie said:
AstralGod said:

You're asking a community where it's most normal for straight adult men to watch the most cutesy girly things ever. Do you know that most of the fans of "cute girls doing cute things" anime such as K-on are grown men? As well as things like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
A lot of "magical girl" anime, even those intended for little girls (such as PriPara), are also hugely popular with adult men as well. To the point that it's become a bit of a problem among parents of those girls when the show throws in some fanservice for those adult men... Not to mention how careful parents in Japan must be to not let their young daughters fall into the trap of accidentally watching Lolicon sexual-fanservice anime, which often trick you with their super cutesy cover art featuring colorful innocent-looking little girls...
It's normal within the anime community, to like cute things no matter your gender or orientation.
If you play a game like Phantasy Star Online 2, I think people would even question if you're a man, if you don't like cutesy little girls or cute girly outfits on your female character... While majority of the good-looking male characters in the game are female players irl.

hash tag slash thread?

well that un less OP; if your into cute things like hideyoshi traps then yer a fag
May 16, 2017 4:54 PM

Feb 2010
KuroudoAkabane said:
well that un less OP; if your into cute things like hideyoshi traps then yer a fag

I would not consider someone who is into traps gay at all (unless they actually are), because the reason traps are attractive to guys is the fact that they look like cute young girls. They're attracted to their femininity (including their wide hips and tiny torso/shoulders), not so much the boy behind it.
Also the fact that many "traps" in anime are essentially looking like loli futas, rather than realistic cross-dressing men.

I think if I showed a manga which features two beautiful young adult men crossdressing, many people who love traps would not like it because even though they look feminine, they look realistic and mature which is not the appeal of "moe trap" at all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
32 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
33 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
51 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.