Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2017 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
1-scores are bullshit

they are not , just because you disagree with them it doesn't mean they are shit

2-popularity doesn't matter
it does , it means that a lot of people liked this anime
hispters tend to deny it because no one give a shit about their boring fav :p

3- reviews no matter you agree or disagree, are going to be always better than scores. including your overall opinion about the show.

i also dont care about reviews

4- there is no good taste or bad taste.
i agree

5- there is no such thing like elite in anime community. it is just a meme (i dont see it being used mostly here, but just wanted to say that.

elitists exist , you can see a lot of them in Mal

6-again scores dont matter. reviews and other people opinions, especially people i disagree with, give some perspective on how this show is bad or good.

7- the helpful review vote is sometimes abused, because most people don't care about the review, they care about whether the reviewer is agreeing with them and how close the score is to them. so always check other reviews.

agree with this
people should read the review before giving the helpful

8-i am awesome.
ok , good for you
May 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
Reviews are for sheep and...well I guess you're at least 43.1% awesome.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 16, 2017 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
You forgot about number #10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 16, 2017 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
Your scoring system only goes up to 8. Try using the full spectrum, maybe it'll be less bullshit.
Sieg Zeon!
May 16, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2017
QuattroVaginas said:
Your scoring system only goes up to 8. Try using the full spectrum, maybe it'll be less bullshit.

maybe because i dont add bullshit things? or dropp things i dont like? well at least i gave rezero a try.
i am shitposter. dont take me seriously.
May 16, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2016
Thats why I watch an anime no matter what score/reviews are given. Its all just useless information.
May 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2017
Reviews aren't that bad.
Just don't look at the score.
For example if one review says "[...]and the show is very one dimensional I love that! And is my favorite show so I give it 10/10[...]" just read the "the show is very one dimensional" and you have an information. If you like One Dimensional or not is your decision.
Do that with 10 Reviews or so and you get an idea if you'd like the show. At least that's what I do.

That's the reason I don't like how the reviews are written. Maybe some like it, but for me it's just mixed information with personal opinion.
I really just want that somewhere are some facts.
For example for Deathnote:
- Psycho/Mystery/Supernatural/Thriller Anime
- High Intelligent vs High Intelligent
- Extreme Narcism
- Normal sized main cast
- Art like normal in 2006
- 2 Seasons / 37 Episodes
- Shinigamis

That would be enough for me to know that I like or dislike it.
But if I want these few Infos about an Anime, I have to read through the "Synopsis", "Informations" and some "Reviews". Totally annoying.
May 16, 2017 12:24 PM

May 2017
tragedydesu said:
1-scores are bullshit

they are not , just because you disagree with them it doesn't mean they are shit

not everyone have the same rating system or opinions and mindset for ratings.
so yea they are bullshit. everyone is different.

@Sjo :
see, i told you
May 16, 2017 12:28 PM

May 2017
Neo-X said:

That would be enough for me to know that I like or dislike it.

ineed. that is what all proper reviews should do, whether the reviewer like the show or not. they should lay down the show's positives and negatives, and talk about characters and plot. all reviews are biased. but some are more subjective than others.
May 16, 2017 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
@Hussin
That's kinda true
The majority use the 7-10 scale , so i can assume that every anime rated lower than 7 is shit

I'm pretty sure every anime with high rating have something that make people love it
It depends on you if you can also appreciate that thing or not
May 16, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
They are not, they represent what shows are most enjoyed by a wide variety of people

That doesn' t mean you have to agree with them but you can't call them shit either, unless you think of your own score as shit too
May 16, 2017 1:40 PM

May 2017
Champ said:
They are not, they represent what shows are most enjoyed by a wide variety of people

That doesn' t mean you have to agree with them but you can't call them shit either, unless you think of your own score as shit too

what i mean is the scores dont always mean what the show is all about. everyone is different. not everyone have the same rating system or opinions and mindset for ratings.
so yea they are bullshit. what matters more are propper reviews. reviews that no matter how the reviewer likes or dislikes the show, they will for the most part bring up the show positives and negatives and their opinion. they talk about the show's merit. through that you will know if the show is for you or not
i dont agree with all good reviewers, but i understand and respect what they say about a show. through them you can see a different perspective on the show, a negative one or positive one.

@Sjo :
see, i told you (second time)
May 16, 2017 1:43 PM

May 2017
Hussin said:
this is more suited to be in a blog, but i felt maybe it can be true for the most part, and thus might help others who are new here?

1-scores are bullshit

2-popularity doesn't matter

3- reviews no matter you agree or disagree, are going to be always better than scores. including your overall opinion about the show.

4- there is no good taste or bad taste.

5- there is no such thing like elite in anime community. it is just a meme (i dont see it being used mostly here, but just wanted to say that.

6-again scores dont matter. reviews and other people opinions, especially people i disagree with, give some perspective on how this show is bad or good.

7- the helpful review vote is sometimes abused, because most people don't care about the review, they care about whether the reviewer is agreeing with them and how close the score is to them. so always check other reviews.

8-i am awesome.

You can also say the same thing about those TOP 10 Lists, or the need of lists for that matter.
By the way, I give this post an 8.5 off of pure opinion. :)
May 16, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
Hussin said:
Champ said:

what i mean is the scores dont always mean what the show is all about. everyone is different. not everyone have the same rating system or opinions and mindset for ratings.
so yea they are bullshit. what matters more are propper reviews. reviews that no matter how the reviewer likes or dislikes the show, they will for the most part bring up the show positives and negatives and their opinion. they talk about the show's merit. through that you will know if the show is for you or not
i dont agree with all good reviewers, but i understand and respect what they say about a show. through them you can see a different perspective on the show, a negative one or positive one.

@Sjo :
see, i told you (second time)

yeah everyone has a different way of scoring but this counts for every anime so they all have an equal chance. There is still a 0.82 score difference between #1 and #100. There is a reason for that.

Ofcourse they don't hold that big of a meaning, I'm not saying you should 100% trust these ratings, but they are not meaningless

Compare the scores of different sites with totally different people scoring them and you'll see a lot ofsimilarities.
Like comparing between MAL, imdb (for movies, so a very casual anime audience) or anime sites for non-english people like anisearch (German).
You can definitely see similair scores for a lot of highly rated, for a fact the top 3 shows rated on MAL, Your Name, FMA, Steins Gate (not counting Gintama sequel 327) are all super highly rated on every single site. This means something. You can't deny that.

You can disagree with them, that's fine, we're talking about opinions. But you can't just them total bullshit.

+ yeah ofcourse a review is more important because then you can actually read what the person thinks about the show rather than just seeing a number. ofcourse
May 16, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2016
As I like to think of it, the only score that really matters to you is your own. You may think a show that has a bad average rating is good and vice-versa. It's all subjective :3
May 16, 2017 6:40 PM

Oct 2015
Hussin said:
tragedydesu said:
1-scores are bullshit

not everyone have the same rating system or opinions and mindset for ratings.
so yea they are bullshit. everyone is different.

@Sjo :
see, i told you

why did you tag me, where did i disagree lol
i actively called the rating system obsolete, useless and stupid
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 16, 2017 6:42 PM

Jun 2015
Thanks for echoing very popular opinions.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 8 hours ago

7 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

46 by redorzo »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

23 by redorzo »»
13 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9066 by BlackSpectrum »»
15 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - Yesterday

48 by TsutanaiFuun »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.