Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
May 15, 2017 7:34 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 4
So, I've been reading Nanatsu No Taizai for the past two days and I made it to chapter 183. Throughout my time reading this series one thing has been bothering me from the start. The way Meliodas treats Elizabeth. Groping and sexually abusing her. But it is not just that, that bothers me. Knowing the fact that Meliodas knew and talked to Elizabeth since she was an infant. I can't wrap my head around the idea of Meliodas doing that to Elizabeth when he knew her as a young child. It's so disgusting and wrong. If you support Meliodas x Elizabeth, please explain to me why you are okay with that pair while knowing such facts.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
Modified by Alfyan, May 17, 2017 1:55 PM
 
#2
May 15, 2017 7:44 PM
SoL Enthusiast

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 3122
I don't really care about the pairing but they are just cartoons man.
:)
 
#3
May 15, 2017 7:49 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 4
desseroni said:
I don't really care about the pairing but they are just cartoons man.
It's still disturbing, cartoon or not.
 
 
#4
May 15, 2017 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Did not see it but from what you described I do not see anything really wrong with it.
 
#5
May 15, 2017 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2471
Just a gimmick running gag, So what? Elizabeth is quite a ditzy yet clumsy heroine




Dirt on me, I'm finna blossom . . .----
 
#6
May 15, 2017 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6055
Itd be abuse if she kept telling him no, for sure, but all she ever does is blush
 
 
#7
May 15, 2017 7:59 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3287
Factoring that Meliodas is old as fuck without changing his appearance at all and he can live a long ass time to boot, it actually isn't that disturbing. Plus Elizabeth doesn't have a problem with it
 
#8
May 15, 2017 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 299
I dont see any wrong or disturbing about those two? What is wrong with them?



 
#9
May 15, 2017 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17658
No, but a fat guy posing as a scrawny boy paired with a giantess is a pretty disturbing couple.
 
May 15, 2017 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 964
Elizabeth is the rebirth of the love of his life's soul.... not really
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 15, 2017 8:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
I wouldn't say so, since he is able to keep the young appearance it isn't that bad.
Modified by Sayenna, May 15, 2017 8:37 PM
 
May 15, 2017 8:23 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 4
So you're all okay with how Meliodas treats Elizabeth? Even though he knew her when she was a young little kid? A KID.



It's like Meliodas telling little Elizabeth "When you grow up I'm gonna grope you and touch you all over"



But okay, I guess everyone sees things differently.
 
May 15, 2017 8:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9742
Japanese pop culture doesn't see sexual harassment as that big of a deal unlike the west.
 
May 15, 2017 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 13529
>2017

and still stressing yourself with ship?

I can see why ships is a serious, and multi-billion dollar business.
 
 
May 15, 2017 9:01 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3287
Jesusanoo said:
So you're all okay with how Meliodas treats Elizabeth? Even though he knew her when she was a young little kid? A KID.



It's like Meliodas telling little Elizabeth "When you grow up I'm gonna grope you and touch you all over"



But okay, I guess everyone sees things differently.


If she had a problem with the way Meliodas treats her, she should have either

1) Voiced her concerns/issues with him. He seems like an understanding person
or
2) Stop seeing Meliodas

Pretty simple. It's not like it isn't out of her control
 
May 15, 2017 9:14 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 4
MechKingKillbot said:
Jesusanoo said:
So you're all okay with how Meliodas treats Elizabeth? Even though he knew her when she was a young little kid? A KID.



It's like Meliodas telling little Elizabeth "When you grow up I'm gonna grope you and touch you all over"



But okay, I guess everyone sees things differently.


If she had a problem with the way Meliodas treats her, she should have either

1) Voiced her concerns/issues with him. He seems like an understanding person
or
2) Stop seeing Meliodas

Pretty simple. It's not like it isn't out of her control
That could be something she could do. But what about Meliodas? Does he not have any idea of what he is doing to a girl he use to know when she was just a little girl?
 
May 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8732
The thing that disturbs me, is that Elisabeth seems to be completely okay with that. Just what kind of life she had before that she has no problems with that? At her age, I would not expect her to allow even somebody she likes to touch her like that.

Paul said:
No, but a fat guy posing as a scrawny boy paired with a giantess is a pretty disturbing couple.

Little boy is the real shape. For some reason, he thinks that being a fat guy is more impressive.
 
 
May 15, 2017 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2790
flannan said:
The thing that disturbs me, is that Elisabeth seems to be completely okay with that. Just what kind of life she had before that she has no problems with that? At her age, I would not expect her to allow even somebody she likes to touch her like that.

Paul said:
No, but a fat guy posing as a scrawny boy paired with a giantess is a pretty disturbing couple.

Little boy is the real shape. For some reason, he thinks that being a fat guy is more impressive.


Same thoughts.. even for a gag, I think it was too much.

I was nice that they eventually lessened those scenes and focused on the battle arcs.


I was nothing until the moment I met you.

 
May 16, 2017 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 783
YAAAASSSSS!!!!!!! Finally somebody else who understands!

Yeah it's pretty disturbing to be honest. His perverted nature is one of the many reasons I hate him, not because he's a pervert but because he does it believing that there are no consequences for him. And you know who that reminds me of? Makoto from School Days who is the absolute definition of "cunt".

Elisabeth is also to blame for this as well though. She just shrugs as it off like it's no big deal. Like at least have some sort of reaction to it. If you don't like it then tell him to fuck off or if you do then take him to bed and fuck his brains out. Either or, just have some goddamn reaction that feels human.
 
May 16, 2017 3:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 58
I wouldn't say it's disturbing, but certainly annoying. It would be funnier and more reasonable if she had any sort of reaction to it.
 
May 16, 2017 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 8528
She kinda seems to like being groped and ogled by him so I don't see a problem.
"Here we are, don't turn away now. We are the warriors that built this town."
-Imagine Dragons-"Warriors"
 
 
May 16, 2017 3:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 51
I don't want to spoil it to you but keep reading it and you'll eventually know something about Elizabeth's REAL past.
and don't forget that she BECAME an infant for a reason or something caused it that is yet to be revealed.
 
May 16, 2017 9:20 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3287
Jesusanoo said:
MechKingKillbot said:


If she had a problem with the way Meliodas treats her, she should have either

1) Voiced her concerns/issues with him. He seems like an understanding person
or
2) Stop seeing Meliodas

Pretty simple. It's not like it isn't out of her control
That could be something she could do. But what about Meliodas? Does he not have any idea of what he is doing to a girl he use to know when she was just a little girl?


He probably does know what he's doing, but he just doesn't care. You could think of them as "childhood" friends who later end in a relationship and become married type thing. I'm not trying to say his behavior is warranted, but this is really something that shouldn't be a big deal

Also, it's back in the medieval setting, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the moral/behavioral code is different.
 
May 16, 2017 9:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 202
Meh,not really a big concern that.
I would like em to be a couple
 
May 16, 2017 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33201
not sure what's the problem with her knowing her sine she was a child. Don't be ageist.

And I'm not a fan of the groping either but whatever, it's just a a gimmick and the series doesn't really portray it as her being bothered by it so I can easily ignore and focus on the reasons why I'm watching the show: The characters and action.
 
May 16, 2017 10:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 472
Meh is anime XD. I mean yeah when you put it that way it is weird as hell, but she a grown adult, that is her decision and is not like Meliodas raised her. Not to mention the play the sexual harassment as gags.
 
May 16, 2017 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 702
With the main story going on that's all you care about?
 
May 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 48
I agree that it is pretty disturbing, but since Elizabeth is fine with it, I don't think its that bad.. Maybe.. haha
 
May 17, 2017 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 14643
Thread has been moved to Nanatsu no Taizai series board
 
 
May 17, 2017 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2362
I do ship them, but hear me out.

So I agree, my first time around watching it I hated the groping. And I still do. This series would be so much better without it, but at the same time...



And the whole "knowing her as an infant thing" doesn't bother me because of the reasons listed above. It's not like she's some random baby that he took a liking to.


And to everyone saying "he's a pervert", well he is. Undoubtedly. But only for her and there are certain... Things revealed in later chapters that would definitely cause problems in his abilities to know certain social things.



Considering how careless he can seem sometimes, he's actually quite considerate about Elizabeth's feelings and is nothing but encouraging and making her see the better in herself. I have always seen sexual abuse as a way to belittle someone, make them feel small and embarrassed and worthless, but Meliodas does the opposite for her.

He sees her as someone who is extremely capable and will not stand for anyone saying a bad thing about her, not even herself. He always compliments her, tells her how important she is, lets her know that she is capable of so much more then he gives her credit for. In return he has her fullest faith in him and she is equally supportive.

I can't really remember a single time where either of them ever belittled the other, or even really fought over something small. They always have faith in the other and they don't let small misunderstandings or the stress of the situation come between them. This, to me, honestly makes them one of the healthier relationships in anime, period. How often do we see couples with such pure adoration of one another, and where they have complete faith in each other?



Even with other women pretty much throwing themselves at him, he never really gives them a second glance. He only has eyes for her and I think if she truly showed signs of being uncomfortable with his... Uh, affections, then I fully believe he would stop. But she certainly doesn't turn him away and in the future, quite honestly encourages them. Considering some things we discover later,



It has to be confusing for him a bit, and Meliodas isn't naturally shown to be... Well, completely sane. His psyche hanging in a delicate balance is always something that has been a concern in the series,

so his idea of appropriate, as well as right and wrong, may be a touch off too.

Either way, I respect your opinion and can see how you would see it that way, but I truly do whole heartedly ship these two.

 
May 21, 2017 10:09 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Oh you sweet summer childs ... if you followed the story so far, it's neither creepy or something, more it's a pretty good love story



So no. I don't see a problem in this relationship.
 
Jun 10, 2017 10:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
What the .. its weird end of discussion.. just imagine any little girl you know and you groping her when she is older ... bruhh!! Yallz need to review your morals
 
Jun 10, 2017 10:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Pawana said:
Oh you sweet summer childs ... if you followed the story so far, it's neither creepy or something, more it's a pretty good love story



So no. I don't see a problem in this relationship.
even though he is old its weird... nevermind i give up on humanity..
 
Jun 10, 2017 10:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Kipcha said:
I do ship them, but hear me out.

So I agree, my first time around watching it I hated the groping. And I still do. This series would be so much better without it, but at the same time...



And the whole "knowing her as an infant thing" doesn't bother me because of the reasons listed above. It's not like she's some random baby that he took a liking to.


And to everyone saying "he's a pervert", well he is. Undoubtedly. But only for her and there are certain... Things revealed in later chapters that would definitely cause problems in his abilities to know certain social things.



Considering how careless he can seem sometimes, he's actually quite considerate about Elizabeth's feelings and is nothing but encouraging and making her see the better in herself. I have always seen sexual abuse as a way to belittle someone, make them feel small and embarrassed and worthless, but Meliodas does the opposite for her.

He sees her as someone who is extremely capable and will not stand for anyone saying a bad thing about her, not even herself. He always compliments her, tells her how important she is, lets her know that she is capable of so much more then he gives her credit for. In return he has her fullest faith in him and she is equally supportive.

I can't really remember a single time where either of them ever belittled the other, or even really fought over something small. They always have faith in the other and they don't let small misunderstandings or the stress of the situation come between them. This, to me, honestly makes them one of the healthier relationships in anime, period. How often do we see couples with such pure adoration of one another, and where they have complete faith in each other?



Even with other women pretty much throwing themselves at him, he never really gives them a second glance. He only has eyes for her and I think if she truly showed signs of being uncomfortable with his... Uh, affections, then I fully believe he would stop. But she certainly doesn't turn him away and in the future, quite honestly encourages them. Considering some things we discover later,



It has to be confusing for him a bit, and Meliodas isn't naturally shown to be... Well, completely sane. His psyche hanging in a delicate balance is always something that has been a concern in the series,

so his idea of appropriate, as well as right and wrong, may be a touch off too.

Either way, I respect your opinion and can see how you would see it that way, but I truly do whole heartedly ship these two.

feels a little more justified but still wrong
 
 
Jun 17, 2017 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 141
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one disturbed by this
 
 
Jun 20, 2017 2:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 176
I definitely know, what you mean. I wouldn't say, that I find it disgusting, that's too much, but it's quiet strange idk. I think the chemistry between them both isn't so good and the writing of the relationship isn't the best... There are other relationships in the series, which are way better.
 
Jul 1, 2017 6:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 59
flannan said:
The thing that disturbs me, is that Elisabeth seems to be completely okay with that. Just what kind of life she had before that she has no problems with that? At her age, I would not expect her to allow even somebody she likes to touch her like that.

Paul said:
No, but a fat guy posing as a scrawny boy paired with a giantess is a pretty disturbing couple.

Little boy is the real shape. For some reason, he thinks that being a fat guy is more impressive.
She is just Naive. When they first met and he squeezed his breast he said somethinv like "everythings alright here" and she just accepted it like it was a doctor checking her out. So, my absloute best guest is that she just doesn't understand. Probably because she is royalty and had never dealt with a perv before.
 
Jul 1, 2017 6:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 59
Jesusanoo said:
So, I've been reading Nanatsu No Taizai for the past two days and I made it to chapter 183. Throughout my time reading this series one thing has been bothering me from the start. The way Meliodas treats Elizabeth. Groping and sexually abusing her. But it is not just that, that bothers me. Knowing the fact that Meliodas knew and talked to Elizabeth since she was an infant. I can't wrap my head around the idea of Meliodas doing that to Elizabeth when he knew her as a young child. It's so disgusting and wrong. If you support Meliodas x Elizabeth, please explain to me why you are okay with that pair while knowing such facts.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
Only watched the anime so far, so I probably don't know as much as you. However, you have to think about his status. No one lives as long as him in the series, except maybe king and Diana. I doubt he has run across many like him, let alone his own kind. Age isn't really important to him. He's probably seen many humans be born and die, while seemingly is unaffected. Not saying that he would grope an infant/toddler, but after a certain age he probably sees it as fair game. Gotta look at it through his eyes.

I rather like a pairing between melodis and Diana, but i knew from the very beginning that wasn't gonna happen.
 
Jul 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6312
Even Elizabeth herself does not look like she bothered by Meliodas sexually "abusing" her, and it does not have any bad effect on her.

A real sexual abuse is when the vicitm seriously say "NO" and that sexual abuse have bad influence on her. I personally, would not even call what Meliodas doing is a sexual abuse.



 
Jul 20, 2017 11:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
It seems like the anime enjoys pairing older people with 'young looking' persons.
I have read some replies to this thread, but no one seems to complain about Ban and Elaine. Why? Just because they are both pretty (and the same age; Elaine being maybe a little older than him)?
Why would we be disgusted by Diane and King? Just because he's actually fat and hides that? What the hell?! Do you actually hear yourself, the one who said this? (I won't quote you).
Who wouldn't want to make himself pretty/handsome for his crush?
And I feel like you don't understand why King turned into a child... it's because Diane likes Meliodas. Now what does Meliodas look like? Like a proper adult? NO.
So King looks like that because he thinks that's what Diane likes about Meliodas. Maybe imitating Meliodas in some ways could make her notice him.
Even if the character didn't do that, the producers thought about it. I'm sure of it.
Plus, the first time they met, he wasn't in his fat form.
This may be other theory, since she lost her memories, he keeps his shape like that because it reminds him of that time.
But these are just my ideas. In the anime, he said something about the energy it takes him to look a certain way. But knowing him, he wouldn't recognize the true reasons behind his transformation.

And to answer the question, yes, sometimes I feel like Elizabeth is just one of THOSE female protagonists, but then I remember than she is actually more than tits and ass. (if you watched it until the end and revise her evolution, you can feel her struggle to improve and become useful). Maybe your minds are too immersed into this type of thinking and you can barely see through all that.
At least she is aware of her condition, of how easily she can be kidnapped and put others in danger.

About Meliodas... why are you disgusted by his age? It's not like Meliodas is an old fart that smells and has a ton of illnesses and can't move. His hate towards mankind (mostly children) doesn't exist. Meliodas is nothing like an old man from our world. And it's not just the appearance.
Yes, he may look young, but it's not like he can't fight, or doesn't look forward to his future (with Elizabeth). He can do whatever an adult from our world can do. Do you feel like his life is just about to end because he is oh so old?
His years of life mean experience, suffering and memories. What is wrong with 20x as much?
I don't know if you're following me, but really he is not an old hag. Not at all. Neither his personality or body seems like that.

Elizabeth doesn't stop him because she likes him. Maybe they do have some fun at night, who knows? It's not like everytime he gropes her breasts in public, Elizabeth goes down on him right there and then. Just because the show didn't draw that, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. She is embarassed because she is a prude and a princess (so it means that she has a reputation to maintain).

So please stop refering to a couple from an anime as your usual "pedo-couple" from our world. It's not the case.
Modified by Pochi-Pu, Jul 20, 2017 11:16 AM
 
Jul 23, 2017 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2362
I don't see how anyone could be up to date on the manga at this point and still think they're a bad couple. Damn, I liked them before but they're one of my favorite ships now
 
Oct 21, 2018 7:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
I really do not see anything wrong with this, I really like the couple and all the comments above that supported this ship had very justified points. The infant thing, he at least waited for her to grow up before he did these things to her, and he was always protecting her. I really love them as a couple together (: You can tell Meliodas really loves her and respects her.
 
Oct 23, 2018 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 284
I actually hate Elizabeth x Meliodas (imo, he and Liz made a much better couple, even if Elizabeth is just a reincarnation of her), but I don't mind his advances. If she's okay with it, even knowing he was with her since she was a child, then I have no reason to have a problem with it.
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

 
 
Jan 22, 2019 1:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
No, Meliodas would never do such thing to child Elizabeth. It may be confusing for some people that Meliodas loved a little girl like Elizabeth but since she is a reincarnation of Godess Elizabeth, her soul is 3000 years old.

Plus, if Elizabeth didn't want all that groping, she would brush him off some way. She is a princess, she knows how to reject words or action. ( And she did stand up against some other people.)

Meliodas only touches Elizabeth. Diane - when she had a crush on Meliodas- asked him to touch her like how he does to Elizabeth but Meliodas never did it, same with the Druid girl Zaneri, she put Meliodas' hand on her chest but Meliodas took his hand off and acted as if that didn't even happen. Meliodas doesn't do this for his own pleasure that's just the way he shows his love. Elizabeth is okay with it so no one should overthink about Meliodas sexually harassing Elizabeth. It's one of the funniest details of the series.
Modified by michineechan, Jan 22, 2019 1:17 AM
 
Apr 30, 2019 8:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
She is the Reincarnation of his lover
 
May 8, 2019 1:03 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1
It's not a disturbing couple even if milodas is old Elizabeth has been reincarnated 107 times so shes also pretty old
 
May 9, 2019 2:17 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
It is a great couple pairing because Meliodas is 3000 years old. It's like with the wolves from twilight. They imprint because they know their soulmates. Then, when the person is a child they are a friend, a brother, and a protector for that child. Meliodas was her friend and her protector when Elizabeth was a little girl. He became a Holy Knight so he could be appointed to protect her. When she grew up, she is more matured and everything. As for the sexual thing, I have no idea but I think it's a sign that he is comfortable with her (because he always compliments her and does that to her, rejecting Diane when Diane was obsessed with him), plus once more he is 3000 years old which doesn't always necessarily make someone become wise or appropriate.
 
May 9, 2019 2:51 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
Jesusanoo said:
So you're all okay with how Meliodas treats Elizabeth? Even though he knew her when she was a young little kid? A KID.



It's like Meliodas telling little Elizabeth "When you grow up I'm gonna grope you and touch you all over"



But okay, I guess everyone sees things differently.


This statement is not correct. Things change when she grows up.
 
May 9, 2019 2:57 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
jgames111 said:
Meh is anime XD. I mean yeah when you put it that way it is weird as hell, but she a grown adult, that is her decision and is not like Meliodas raised her. Not to mention the play the sexual harassment as gags.

I have an objection to whoever said this. Elizabeth is still only 16 when she finds Meliodas.
 
 
May 9, 2019 3:19 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
Pochi-Pu said:
It seems like the anime enjoys pairing older people with 'young looking' persons.
I have read some replies to this thread, but no one seems to complain about Ban and Elaine. Why? Just because they are both pretty (and the same age; Elaine being maybe a little older than him)?
Why would we be disgusted by Diane and King? Just because he's actually fat and hides that? What the hell?! Do you actually hear yourself, the one who said this? (I won't quote you).
Who wouldn't want to make himself pretty/handsome for his crush?
And I feel like you don't understand why King turned into a child... it's because Diane likes Meliodas. Now what does Meliodas look like? Like a proper adult? NO.
So King looks like that because he thinks that's what Diane likes about Meliodas. Maybe imitating Meliodas in some ways could make her notice him.
Even if the character didn't do that, the producers thought about it. I'm sure of it.
Plus, the first time they met, he wasn't in his fat form.
This may be other theory, since she lost her memories, he keeps his shape like that because it reminds him of that time.
But these are just my ideas. In the anime, he said something about the energy it takes him to look a certain way. But knowing him, he wouldn't recognize the true reasons behind his transformation.

And to answer the question, yes, sometimes I feel like Elizabeth is just one of THOSE female protagonists, but then I remember than she is actually more than tits and ass. (if you watched it until the end and revise her evolution, you can feel her struggle to improve and become useful). Maybe your minds are too immersed into this type of thinking and you can barely see through all that.
At least she is aware of her condition, of how easily she can be kidnapped and put others in danger.

About Meliodas... why are you disgusted by his age? It's not like Meliodas is an old fart that smells and has a ton of illnesses and can't move. His hate towards mankind (mostly children) doesn't exist. Meliodas is nothing like an old man from our world. And it's not just the appearance.
Yes, he may look young, but it's not like he can't fight, or doesn't look forward to his future (with Elizabeth). He can do whatever an adult from our world can do. Do you feel like his life is just about to end because he is oh so old?
His years of life mean experience, suffering and memories. What is wrong with 20x as much?
I don't know if you're following me, but really he is not an old hag. Not at all. Neither his personality or body seems like that.

Elizabeth doesn't stop him because she likes him. Maybe they do have some fun at night, who knows? It's not like everytime he gropes her breasts in public, Elizabeth goes down on him right there and then. Just because the show didn't draw that, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. She is embarassed because she is a prude and a princess (so it means that she has a reputation to maintain).

So please stop refering to a couple from an anime as your usual "pedo-couple" from our world. It's not the case.


I have a few things to contradict the person who wrote this.
First, King's actual form is a little kid. He makes himself look fat because he thinks that makes him look more kingly and strong. He is, after all, fairly young compared to certain others. Another thing is, if he transforms it could make him look strong for being able to have the energy to change into the fat version of himself then back to himself.

Second, I am pretty sure the reason Elizabeth is the way she is might be because she is a princess. That being said, she hasn't dealt with someone giving her 'that' kind of attention. She doesn't really know how to react. And having her react by defending herself would give the impression that she grew up defending herself and fighting. But, in this reincarnation form of Elizabeth, she hasn't grown up like that, she hasn't trained to be a fighter. She was always protected by Meliodas in the castle since before she can remember.

Last, the Ban and Elaine thing bugged me at first. Then I realized that it's actually kind of sweet. The only reason people get triggered by him being in love with Elaine, is because when they are together it looks like he actually is in love with a little girl. People tend to look passed the fact that Elaine and Ban are almost the same age.
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store