Forum Settings
Forums

what are your pet peeves with the anime fandom?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
May 16, 2017 4:17 AM

- Bias against modern anime. People who watch only old stuff they are like hipsters who obsessed with retromania and vintage things.

- Agressive behaviour when it comes to discussion about tastes or specific titles. Maybe those guys need to see therapist.

and this:

Milennin said:
The whole shipping thing, and the people who are into it.

May 16, 2017 5:22 AM

SnugglyWhuggly said:
-Autism
-Lolicons
-People with no shame in having pictures of cartoon asses and boobs in their signatures, avatars and profiles. Tis cringey as fuck
-The "I'm so very intelligent and/or unique because I watch anime" superioty complex teenagers
-People that take anime too seriously

Pretty much this, minus Autism because there are people with high-functioning Autism who aren't bad.

Also, the sexism and double standards, both in anime and among the anime community.

Within anime, the sexual dimorphism is just so sickeningly exaggerated, it's cringy. Girls with giant balloon heads with giant eyes, and baby necks, baby shoulders, baby torso, and unnaturally long legs, like an infant's head on a deformed young teen girl's body. Meanwhile the males in the same anime can look realistic and totally mature like 20-something. Ugh and the anime girl voices... if they use the annoying high-pitched falsetto voice on girls, it's an anime I'll likely drop. Meanwhile the voices for males are very rarely that bad, if ever. Mostly anime guys have natural-sounding voices, while girls get stuck with the squealy little girl Minnie Mouse voice.

Example for anime communities (which are supposedly unisex)... guys can openly talk about Lolicon, Hentai, Ecchi, Harems, Waifus, Yuri, etc. everywhere they want to and girls rarely butt in to complain or attack them for talking about it... But when girls talk about BL, Yaoi, Shounen-Ai, Bishounen, Otome, Reverse Harem, etc... some guys throw a fit about it being gay or gross or otherwise throwing a fit over the simple mention of a title of any anime that has mostly pretty guys even if it's not ecchi or yaoi. =_= It's pretty normal for fujoshi to be told, "Go kill yourself", and "Die, trash", where fujoshi don't even do this to the male anime fans. Aggressive and violent much?

Meanwhile I don't see any women making death threats to men for Keijo!! which is extremely perverted ecchi. Free! isn't ecchi at all yet it somehow was so threatening to enough of the male anime fanboys that they'd resort to violence/threats against female anime fans...

Then they somehow wonder why feminism/gender equality is still being fought for today.
Modified by Pikangie, May 16, 2017 5:30 AM

May 16, 2017 7:53 AM

kuuderu said:

- Bias against modern anime. People who watch only old stuff they are like hipsters who obsessed with retromania and vintage things.

The people on this forum who have a bias against older Anime heavily outweigh the people who have a bias against newer Anime.

May 16, 2017 9:15 PM
Creepy Asian Fetishism. Guys and Girls.

May 16, 2017 10:03 PM

elmae2 said:
Creepy Asian Fetishism. Guys and Girls.

pretty much this is the reason lmao...

イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar

May 17, 2017 4:17 AM

Man, I could go on for hours about this:

> Elitists
> People that feel like they're special for not watching popular anime (vice-versa)
>>> Shipping (omg)
> Over-obsessed yaoi fans (we get it dude)
> Weebs/Asian fetishes

I can list so many, but these are stick out to me most.

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

May 17, 2017 2:07 PM

Saiko said:
Man, I could go on for hours about this:

> Elitists
> People that feel like they're special for not watching popular anime (vice-versa)
>>> Shipping (omg)
> Over-obsessed yaoi fans (we get it dude)
> Weebs/Asian fetishes

I can list so many, but these are stick out to me most.

"over-obsessed yaoi fans"
here comes triggered akidearest
~ ~ H u p - - t w o - - t h r e e - - f o u r ~ ~

May 17, 2017 2:53 PM

People who complain about loli/shota fan service in anime.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]