Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2017 3:03 AM

Dec 2014
13 guy is so hateful...he is very wicked....
May 16, 2017 4:16 AM
Aug 2016
Rohb said:
I love this episode,this is the atmosphere it should have been.Finally figure out how the setting is laid out and possible outcomes.This is the only thing doesn't add up they saying they are the only two left (compatriots)in the cave so who stole the book?another classmate?
Rohb said:
I love this episode,this is the atmosphere it should have been.Finally figure out how the setting is laid out and possible outcomes.This is the only thing doesn't add up they saying they are the only two left (compatriots)in the cave so who stole the book?another classmate?
In the episode, Zero says that the person Albus calls "him" killed all the other witches in the cave. Zero and Thirteen were the only survivors and the one who Albums calls "him" stole the book.
May 16, 2017 5:16 AM
Dec 2016
what the fuck was that dinner lol? hmm 13 you may fuck off...and mercenary was foolish to trust such a man...it will be interesting...im courious whats coming
May 16, 2017 8:34 AM

Sep 2015
Best episode so far. This is really good. Now this is what I was wanting to see. We had two episodes of not much going on during the travel. But I guess that was more to develop them.
Rather funny to see the two mages have such similarities. Stop fighting.. it's supper! And they have such different view points on almost everything. I like this. They have a number of similarities like to get the grimoire and their use of magic. But at the same time they are also different. A good character foil is not entirely the same, they can be compared but there are differences on where it matters.

I didn't like how they made Thirteen's intention so obvious with that evil smile. I also felt like they shouldn't of really had Zero explain what the magic was intended for. They already showed us what it is for. No need to tell us. Show not tell.

Other than that great episode. They will probably save Albus despite Albus' group and Zero's discourse. That explains why Zero ditched him so readily. Albus got tricked in to thinking they were his friends sadly enough...
Merc obviously didn't want to and he had every reason to be suspicious of her after seeing that and with his past experience. For Zero, her innocent personality led her to believe him to have no doubts so it was more heartbreaking when it turned out he did.. Excited to see what will happen next.
zcv45May 16, 2017 8:43 AM
May 16, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2015
sirwence said:
Niveen_Sleem said:
When that bell rang and they stopped fighting, I knew it was time to eat.

That Thirteen is awful. How dare he ruin Zero and the mercenary's relationship? I think that vial contains poison not a spell.

Well I doubt its ruined; heavily strained though most certainly. I mean they both made some errors in judgement; including what he assumed she was doing with Albus but a more obvious one would be.. Why would you go alone to a witch you openly distrust and have no bond with; He does 'trust' zero just not unconditionally and who could blame him with his past. And she made a mistake thinking someone like him could trust unconditionally that easily it would take much time but it was getting there. Also she can't expect him to know her mind its kind of obvious at times if she doesn't explain it he won't fully understand it (her more subtle motives) .. and Albus simply feels entirely betrayed

But I foresee Zero and her Lov int.. I mean Merc Back together in the near anime future. 1-3 episodes ?

and I agree that 'potion' is more apt to be poison than anything else hed be a fool to take it

Now that I rethink it, it's Zero's fault that they had gone this bad. Thirteen planted the seed of trouble but Zero made it grow by getting angry that Youhei had his doubt. She acted childish. She shouldn't have left like that after awakening him from Thirteen's spell.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 16, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
Niveen_Sleem said:
sirwence said:

Well I doubt its ruined; heavily strained though most certainly. I mean they both made some errors in judgement; including what he assumed she was doing with Albus but a more obvious one would be.. Why would you go alone to a witch you openly distrust and have no bond with; He does 'trust' zero just not unconditionally and who could blame him with his past. And she made a mistake thinking someone like him could trust unconditionally that easily it would take much time but it was getting there. Also she can't expect him to know her mind its kind of obvious at times if she doesn't explain it he won't fully understand it (her more subtle motives) .. and Albus simply feels entirely betrayed

But I foresee Zero and her Lov int.. I mean Merc Back together in the near anime future. 1-3 episodes ?

and I agree that 'potion' is more apt to be poison than anything else hed be a fool to take it

Now that I rethink it, it's Zero's fault that they had gone this bad. Thirteen planted the seed of trouble but Zero made it grow by getting angry that Youhei had his doubt. She acted childish. She shouldn't have left like that after awakening him from Thirteen's spell.

Its less Childish.. and more 'naive' she doesnt understand t he outside world thats a big thing in this. And her words are of course the opposite of her thoughts in the end; she doesnt regret making a contract with him nor being with him; she is regretting the situation. Both could have handled it better; but both have issues; and im sure t hey will reconcile more soon than far (1-3 episodes ?) and 13 is being quite an evil schemer. I think that other beastfallen might just wind up being the ally they need at this present time.
May 16, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Omg Zero and Mercenary fighting 😭
May 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
For a moment, I really wanted to believe that this was "crazier" than expected by making Zero a villain! That would have been something else, for sure!

May 16, 2017 7:03 PM
Oct 2016
kickmesign said:
ONEE_CHAN_ said:
Am I the only one worried about Albus?? He's like my favorite character... It's a good story but Albus is really the only reason I got into the show! He's so cute!!

The ending was sad but the whole time I was like... Zero! You! How dare you hurt Albus! Apologize!!
Enjoy that shouta fantasy while you can. Albus most annoying girl.

Wait wait wait wait! I-Is... Is Albus a g-girl?? If he is.... my shota fantasy... it's slowly disappearing...
May 16, 2017 7:13 PM
Oct 2016
kickmesign said:
ONEE_CHAN_ said:
Am I the only one worried about Albus?? He's like my favorite character... It's a good story but Albus is really the only reason I got into the show! He's so cute!!

The ending was sad but the whole time I was like... Zero! You! How dare you hurt Albus! Apologize!!

Also I respect your opinion but I personally like Albus because I can relate to him. :)
May 17, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2015
The part where Youhei has to decide between Zero or Thirteen was epic moment. And that regret of choosing Thirteen over Zero.

top effing moment right there.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2015
chipleader13 said:
what the fuck was that dinner lol? hmm 13 you may fuck off...and mercenary was foolish to trust such a man...it will be interesting...im courious whats coming

it's not that he trusted 13, his relationship with 0 is just that weak.

Also in the end Youhei had the perfect moment to choose between 0 or run away when she knocked at his door after visiting 13. And his regret(?) of not trusting her enough.

it was a bridge about to break. 13 was just the catalyst.

Shirasho said:
I simply can't get myself to feel anything at the end of this episode. It is absurd for Zero to think that the pile of fluff wouldn't have doubts. He's been through so much and grew up in a hostile environment. It's not like he will suddenly trust you "because you are you".

Do you even watch this right? Merc has his past issues about witches and humans, and 0 is both innocent and naive. It's easy to say #NotAllWitches but as 13 puts it what's his proof that 0 won't betray him?
kidlat020May 17, 2017 9:36 AM

May 17, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
DW_lazy said:
God, I am actually pretty sad now....

Also, why were his eyes purple, weren't they blue before?

You know what? I rewatched the whole episode just to look at his eyes. somewhere in the talk his eyes INDEED turned from blue to purple.

...So Zero is actually not gonna betray Merc. She even says so as per their contract. Plus she is as straightforward as always. Yeah, should have trusted her.

I feel spoiled for the next episode.

May 17, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
An even more interesting episode, but this time, are the dialogues to capture me. Really ambiguous is the narration, which does not let me know if Zero and Thirteen are friends or rivals, I'm holding for the second, given the final events. After this episode, I do not see the need to see the next, there are so many questions to answer.
May 17, 2017 12:09 PM
Dec 2016
kidlat020 said:
chipleader13 said:

it's not that he trusted 13, his relationship with 0 is just that weak.

Also in the end Youhei had the perfect moment to choose between 0 or run away when she knocked at his door after visiting 13. And his regret(?) of not trusting her enough.

it was a bridge about to break. 13 was just the catalyst.

Shirasho said:
I simply can't get myself to feel anything at the end of this episode. It is absurd for Zero to think that the pile of fluff wouldn't have doubts. He's been through so much and grew up in a hostile environment. It's not like he will suddenly trust you "because you are you".

Do you even watch this right? Merc has his past issues about witches and humans, and 0 is both innocent and naive. It's easy to say #NotAllWitches but as 13 puts it what's his proof that 0 won't betray him?

Yeah you are probably right that should be the case
May 17, 2017 8:03 PM

Nov 2013
clannadlover said:
I've always hated that brat, I was hoping he wasn't a major supporting character, I'd be glad if he is gone for good.

Same, I was so happy when this show started as a duo. When it turned into a trio I was kinda disappointed.

Zero and Merc are entertaining tho, the show keeps itself up. Curious for the next episode. I enjoyed this one. 13 playing mindgames was fun
May 18, 2017 12:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
PurpleJaeden said:
clannadlover said:
I've always hated that brat, I was hoping he wasn't a major supporting character, I'd be glad if he is gone for good.

Same, I was so happy when this show started as a duo. When it turned into a trio I was kinda disappointed.

Zero and Merc are entertaining tho, the show keeps itself up. Curious for the next episode. I enjoyed this one. 13 playing mindgames was fun

Same here. I do feel that he has had so much screen time that they're bound to bring him/her back which is a shame because he adds little to this story.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 18, 2017 12:51 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah sorry Zero but you were still naive to think a beastfallen would trust a witch a 100% over the span of a few days/weeks considering how this world works. I don't think Mercenary has ever had a friend, maybe next time consider his feelings too? I probably sound a bit harsh but I just hope this show doesn't spin this into being all Mercenary's fault, like it's just his fault for not completely trusting her, not to mention she just ditched Albus who is going to his execution

May 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Jul 2008
Albus possibly getting removed was the only good thing about this episode, but considering the set up and unoriginality over all Merc will save him and reunite with Zero again after more ANGST and DRAMA... Dropped.
May 19, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
Actually i'm probably the only person who wasn't sad with the last scene, since i thought it was more Zero's fault about Yohei having doubts, than 13's fault ( but i'm still pissed with 13). Zero, as Albus, was to much innocent in believe that Yohei would trusts on her unconditionally after just some weeks together, and considering that she, moments earlier literally threw Albus away when she didn't needed him anymore, i can get it why Yohei had doubts and was so easily brainwashed; Actually i'm more sad about Albus situation than Zero and Yohei thing. As i saw a lot of people dislikes him, but he is actually my favorite character of this show. The poor kid had everything he believed broken in this episode. Poor guy... sigh ... I'm more worried with him than with any character in this show.
Armins2May 19, 2017 7:27 PM
May 19, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2016
ONEE_CHAN_ said:

I understand you, i'm worried with him too, actually i'm only worried with him, i not even sad about Zero and Youhei, Albus is my favorite of this show, i hope he will be fine.
May 19, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2016
kickmesign said:
ONEE_CHAN_ said:

Wait, Albus is actually a girl???? O.o :v
May 19, 2017 10:55 PM

Jul 2016
Probably the worst of the episodes to date but looks like it will swing around next week to something good.
May 20, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2014
Lold when they stopped for dinner.
Damn that bastard Thirteen.
Felt bad for Mercenary at the end, oh well, time to get back to her!
May 20, 2017 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
Im probably the only one who feels bad for Albus... :/

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
May 20, 2017 6:30 PM

Mar 2016
13 is quite the slippery snake! I can't really figure out what his motivation is to find the grimoire does he want power or is he trying to protect the world in his own perverse way? Good episode overall!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 20, 2017 6:46 PM
Oct 2016
Armins2 said:
kickmesign said:

I don't even know! There's some people saying she then some saying he... Imma go with the shota!
May 20, 2017 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
Doubt can be a nasty thing that contributes confusion even to allied fellows...13-ban is really a good doubt amplifier.
Zero knows that 13-ban messed with the mind Youhei by feeding doubts.
Looks like the three will be separated for a while...
4/5.

May 21, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2013
The beginning was such a troll!

Fuck 13 for turning the mercenary against Zero. He'll probably reunite with her next episode.
May 21, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! 13 is playing dirty! That bastard! Now Zero sent Mercenary away =/
May 21, 2017 5:16 AM
Mar 2016
Armins2 said:
kickmesign said:

He's a male. But many mistook him as a girl because of his shouta looks.
May 21, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2016
Yousandro said:
Im probably the only one who feels bad for Albus... :/

you're not the only one, i'm feel bad for him too :(
May 22, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
So much psychological fuckery occurred in this episode! I dont like dis!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Dec 2016
crx07 said:
Armins2 said:

Well, you are wrong my friend...
Albus is a girl 1000%...
reason... next week you will find out...
May 23, 2017 9:43 PM

May 2009
Kamiyan3991 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:
but it was funny and anyway it let space for some background explanation instead of fighting to death

It'd be funny in Gintama but not here. You have to match narration, or else it looks stupid.

Same thing I had in mind! I was actually scanning the thread looking for someone who thinks the same because I thought it's weird if I'm the only one who thought that scene felt... awkward... pathetic... out of place... or something like that... :/

Anyway...
Damn, I feel bad for Albus... Thirteen is really really evil... Their little gang is now torn apart. :(

This series turned dark for the latter 2/3, and I like it :)

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 24, 2017 5:53 PM

Oct 2014
God the bloody kid is so naive and annoying. Show would be much better without him
May 26, 2017 1:18 AM

May 2010
Dammit Youhei messed up.
May 26, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2016
That was predictible
May 29, 2017 3:07 AM
Mar 2016
HiddenArmy said:
crx07 said:

Well, you are wrong my friend...
Albus is a girl 1000%...
reason... next week you will find out...
But Albus claimed to be a male. I trust what he/she said in the last eps. I'll watch ep 7 along with ep8
By the way, that comment feels like a spoiler.
crx07May 29, 2017 3:16 AM
May 31, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2015
Oh shit the doubt turned out to be there hmmm. Zero is quite mad rip.
Jun 16, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, this really sucks for Mercenary.. he's in quite the position. It's hard to know who's telling the truth when two people say things that against one another. What both said made sense, so it's hard for to him to know who to even believe. But it is quite obvious he'll side with Zero, so I can't wait for them to get past this.

caught in the wonder
Aug 12, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2012
A quite hard episode to get through, the atmosphere was also completely different this episode so that might have been it!
Nov 25, 2017 12:10 PM
Apr 2014
omg Youhei what are you doing... So obvious that Thirteen just wanted to make Youhei leave however possible.
Mar 21, 2018 2:55 PM
Aug 2017
That was the best episode so far this series, for me.

I was still kept on edge even without any fight scenes. The dialog was interesting and very well written.

I'm interested to see what happens to the trios relationship after this episode.
Apr 3, 2018 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
So it's basically confirmed that Zero and the Beastfallen's relationship is not true and Zero will not betray or deceive him... damn, that Thirteen sure is a trickster though.
Feb 7, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 2017
Got to say Zero was being a real cunt at the end their to Mercenary. They've only know each other for how long and she expects Mercenary to trust her that easily with not a shade of doubt giving what witches are know for. Then to cap it of she says goodbye only to top it of with I never should ever hired you as she walks away. Woo fuck you bitch.

The thing is this feels more like inconsistent writing then anything to me, which is just shameful story telling. Hope it improves.
May 31, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
Why you do this Youhei... Don't Miss Zero.
Jan 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Aug 2018
This is turning out to be a fairly good show. No over riding message other than maybe pacifism. But, it's be fun with lots of feels.
May 26, 2020 4:07 PM
May 2020
This episode was very annoying and took forever to get through. While it makes sense the fight between Zero and Thirteen should be canceled as this isn't the finale, I think he is a very bland character and very disappointing. Also, this division between the witches and the humans seemed to be well-thought-out at times, when they actually had direct communication it was like they were speaking two completely different languages! How did this feud start? Why do the witches keep humans around if they have to cater to them? How can non-magic people kill real witches? Why are witches killing witches? Why are the followers of Zero evil? How can that Grimoire end the world? How the heck was the Mercenary suppose to protect Zero and do his job if she just keeps protecting him? How old is she and why does everyone think she is more beautiful than she actually is? Are witches a different race? This show is so dull and confusing.
Nov 12, 2020 5:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What said 13 about Zero is very probably fake but Youhei still trust him and thinks that it's true, that's sad...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.