Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, this really sucks for Mercenary.. he's in quite the position. It's hard to know who's telling the truth when two people say things that against one another. What both said made sense, so it's hard for to him to know who to even believe. But it is quite obvious he'll side with Zero, so I can't wait for them to get past this.

caught in the wonder
Aug 12, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2012
A quite hard episode to get through, the atmosphere was also completely different this episode so that might have been it!
Nov 25, 2017 12:10 PM
Apr 2014
omg Youhei what are you doing... So obvious that Thirteen just wanted to make Youhei leave however possible.
Mar 21, 2018 2:55 PM
Aug 2017
That was the best episode so far this series, for me.

I was still kept on edge even without any fight scenes. The dialog was interesting and very well written.

I'm interested to see what happens to the trios relationship after this episode.
Apr 3, 2018 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
So it's basically confirmed that Zero and the Beastfallen's relationship is not true and Zero will not betray or deceive him... damn, that Thirteen sure is a trickster though.
Feb 7, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 2017
Got to say Zero was being a real cunt at the end their to Mercenary. They've only know each other for how long and she expects Mercenary to trust her that easily with not a shade of doubt giving what witches are know for. Then to cap it of she says goodbye only to top it of with I never should ever hired you as she walks away. Woo fuck you bitch.

The thing is this feels more like inconsistent writing then anything to me, which is just shameful story telling. Hope it improves.
May 31, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
Why you do this Youhei... Don't Miss Zero.
Jan 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Aug 2018
This is turning out to be a fairly good show. No over riding message other than maybe pacifism. But, it's be fun with lots of feels.
May 26, 2020 4:07 PM
May 2020
This episode was very annoying and took forever to get through. While it makes sense the fight between Zero and Thirteen should be canceled as this isn't the finale, I think he is a very bland character and very disappointing. Also, this division between the witches and the humans seemed to be well-thought-out at times, when they actually had direct communication it was like they were speaking two completely different languages! How did this feud start? Why do the witches keep humans around if they have to cater to them? How can non-magic people kill real witches? Why are witches killing witches? Why are the followers of Zero evil? How can that Grimoire end the world? How the heck was the Mercenary suppose to protect Zero and do his job if she just keeps protecting him? How old is she and why does everyone think she is more beautiful than she actually is? Are witches a different race? This show is so dull and confusing.
Nov 12, 2020 5:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What said 13 about Zero is very probably fake but Youhei still trust him and thinks that it's true, that's sad...
Mar 15, 2021 6:56 AM

Oct 2020
Man the trio got disbanded i hope they will come back together since it wasn't Zero's fault it was Thirteen's
May 7, 2022 8:05 PM
Jan 2022
Seeing the group splitted due to past experience between sorcerers and beastfallen also provocation of Thirteen is hard to watch 😢
May 2, 2023 4:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Half way through now, it’s definitely getting interesting. Started out pretty lighthearted but once the village of dead people happened it’s been a downward spiral into a bad time, in a good way lol. Once again, I’ve seen Dawn of the Witch already so I knew some of the plot already but it’s still been really fun.

And Thirteen is a very interesting character, he appeared to be misunderstood at first and him being casual with Zero kinda lowered his threat level but near the end of this episode when he manipulated Mercenary with very convincing lies, as well as when he told Zero it will all be over when he gets the Grimoire, his true colors are showing, definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Also ngl Zero was a bit silly when she was bewildered that Mercenary had doubts about her, man is a beastfallen who has grown up doubting everyone and hating witches, I don’t think it’s a surprise lol.
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
Aug 2023
I don't care about the kid, it was clear from when they met him he was just supposed to be a lead to follow to the stolen grimoire, and not an ally as the kid had thought. He hasn't done anything really during the time they've been together to warrant any trust or owing him anything, other than being an annoying kid and pitying him for his whole town being wiped out. Zero and Tiger Mercenary's relationship is different though, the Mercenary has time and time again instinctively protected and helped Zero literally from the moment they met and he didn't know she was a witch. Actually the odd thing is I can't think of anything major Zero has done for the Mercenary other than often telling him she's got his back.

However in the final scene of this episode, she doesn't have his back. I view what happened as mostly Zero in the wrong for abandoning the Mercenary by telling him to leave the way she did. Actually the way it went down, she looked like she was manipulating him to become more devoted by guilting him and pushing him away the way that she did, but of course it's more likely she just has poor social skills from being a shut-in. Zero expecting no doubt from the Mercenary is just ridiculous, they've known each other for what seems less than a week if their fingers hasn't healed from the blood oaths. Even if they've been travelling together for a month, that is not enough time to develop a doubtless relationship, especially without any major events nor actions that would foster such. Zero knows full well that Thirteen did what he did to the Mercenary, yet blames the Mercenary, the irony here is Zero should be blamed for failing to protect the Mercenary from the brainwashing as she kept saying she would not let anything happen to him. In fact Zero could be blamed for the kid's situation also, as the Mercenary from the beginning brought up the fact that it might not be cool to lead the kid on, and Zero saying it'd be fine for lying to the kid by omission.

If anything, the final scene shows a colossal failing by Zero. Yet I'm unsure if the anime is going to go in the direction to show that though, and maybe pin all the blame on the Mercenary despite him not really having a chance to do anything differently. Zero doesn't really seem to take serious responsibility for anything, other than admitting her grimoire causing so much problems is kind of her fault for making it. The anime doesn't seem to be confronting her to take responsibility by making her suffer the consequences, and making her accept it. Unless it's mostly happening internally and not really shown much to the audience yet, she's not all that bothered by the consequences of her Grimoire has caused.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.