Forum Settings
Forums
May 14, 2017 10:18 AM

ive been watching the side story anime for this and havent found much about whether this manga is still being published or if its been canceled? is there enough material to make another season should that ever happen?

May 19, 2017 11:03 PM
Yes, the Light novel is still continuing, as volume 12 is about to drop on May 24th.
I personally do not follow the manga that much so, I don't know where it left off in the manga but, what I can tell you is that Volume 6 was the last volume released when the anime ended in 2015.

Jun 11, 2017 6:29 AM
The manga is still ongoing.
This is the light novel (and the source material) page which is also ongoing.
And there is enough to make another season.
The first one covered the light novel volumes 1-5 and we are currently at volume 12. I can safely say that there are enough volumes for at least a second and third season if there is a good, well paced adaptation.
yaokitsme said:
ive been watching the side story anime for this and havent found much about whether this manga is still being published or if its been canceled? is there enough material to make another season should that ever happen?

Jul 1, 2017 4:37 AM

@MrCrypticGames After watching Oratoria wanted to check the novel and as it is obvious that the novel is better wanted to ask how good was the adaptation comparing it to anime and manga? The main reason i'm asking that the last fight in the anime (against titan or something) gave quite a bad impression overall, probably cause it was rushed. And if you know where can i read it, pretty sure it's licensed and well for now i don't plan buying it, mb later.

Jul 1, 2017 2:57 PM
allenjke said:
@MrCrypticGames After watching Oratoria wanted to check the novel and as it is obvious that the novel is better wanted to ask how good was the adaptation comparing it to anime and manga? The main reason i'm asking that the last fight in the anime (against titan or something) gave quite a bad impression overall, probably cause it was rushed. And if you know where can i read it, pretty sure it's licensed and well for now i don't plan buying it, mb later.

The adaptation was good since per norm they can't always cover everything.
The translations were all DMCA'ed but i'm pretty sure you can find them if you search, specially in reddit, for long enough. i personally own several of the licensed products.
As for the final scene it wasn't rushed it's just that many of the details were left out because either they took too much time (too many frames for the slot of time available to air the anime) and the obvious this is not achievable unless written kind of stuff.

Jul 2, 2017 1:49 AM

@MrCrypticGames Thanks for answering and another small question, how good are Oratoria novels and are they completed, anime ended and i thought about reading manga, but it's not at the point where anime stopped. Interested if Oratoria events are the cause what might happen in the future of the main series and i think that'll be quite different pictures with and without knowing the side story.

Jul 2, 2017 12:42 PM
allenjke said:
@MrCrypticGames Thanks for answering and another small question, how good are Oratoria novels and are they completed, anime ended and i thought about reading manga, but it's not at the point where anime stopped. Interested if Oratoria events are the cause what might happen in the future of the main series and i think that'll be quite different pictures with and without knowing the side story.

they somehow relate to whats going to happen and they cover some plot holes that were left in the other anime.
The novels are also licensed.
and they are good i think but the fact that aiz is almost unbeatable turns things kind of plain.

Jan 28, 2:40 PM
how many chapters in manga?