Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Poll: Re:Creators Episode 6 Discussion

Jan 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Amazing episode!! I love how playful Maaya Sakamoto is so playful with her character. I honestly thought the vampire girl is Jalter from Fate XD

As usual, the protagonist withheld some crucial information. Seriously, why do dumb protagonist do these kind of things. By the time he would use the info, it was already too late.

Anyways, can't wait for more fighting!! Let's do this!!!

Jun 11, 2020 10:52 AM
Jesus, they went a bit overboard with the sound effects during the battle. It probably would have been more effective if they used that bass-heavy "boom" a bit more sparingly. Almost distracted me from how dumb Souta was in the beginning, withholding vital information for seemingly no good reason.

Jul 25, 2020 10:46 AM

I don't agree with the fighting. I'm pretty sure both sides want the same things (returning to their own worlds, ensuring that their worlds aren't terrible), but they're fighting because they just can't seem to explain their own goals in ways that aren't demeaning or hostile. I'm pretty sure if they could just organize their creators together peacefully and work to revise their worlds, they could at least get half their goals accomplished. That, and no one benefits from the real world getting destroyed, at least ignoring the genocidal maniacs. I'm also not sure why Sota is hiding information on the military girl, was he afraid that everyone would be mad at him or something? I'm sure there's a reason behind it, but I'm not sure if it justifies the ensuing destruction.

I think a way to justify the fighting is that the characters, in their own internal logic, are predisposed to solve everything through fighting, as that's how they're written in-universe. It would make for the most interesting conflict, as opposed to peaceful resolution that dissolves all tension. Re:Creators could be an indictment on writers being victims of their own writing, resulting in characters and world incapable of meshing with the real world. This isn't just due to fantasy/reality conflicts, but basic moralities and common sense. The strive to create unique, fantastical, and interesting stories has resulted in the creation of worlds that are so far removed that they'd be incompatible with real world logic. Peace is not an option, as that would be the end of the story. Conflict is required for the stories to go on, and thus the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of fighting in order for readers and viewers to remain entertained.

But, alas, that might be giving the show too much credit.

Sep 14, 2020 11:11 PM

I must say, the kill-crazy new girl looks absolutely insane. I'm excited to get into her backstory and her character, since I'm intrigued by her insane bloodlust.

Alice, I think, has taken on a very realistic approach to being isekai'd away into another world. She only thinks of her own world, and works towards rebuilding it. Unlike any of the other characters, it seems, she holds a justified --in my opinion-- grudge against the writers for having written her world so terribly. I'm so glad that Alice took on this perspective of the writers because, to me, it's the most realistic (especially when you take into account that they're from fantasy worlds with worldwide conflicts).

Souta's finally getting some development, which I'm actually happy about. I'm still confused as to why he's so scared/ashamed about revealing that he knows Altair's past, though. I don't think he should be worried about whether his team will reject him for creating such a thing; like the other creators, they'll just have to get together to think about a way to solve their problems.

Pretty good episode overall. More action with Sawano's track in the background is very satisfying.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]