Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2017 1:54 AM

Dec 2015
Well? I see that there are fanfic writers around, but it seems like they don't get so much attention here. Figured out I'd create a thread where you can promote your fanfics and perhaps improve your chance of getting reviews or make it easier start a review exchange or something. Though do keep in mind that the chance of getting reviews is much better if you try reading others' works, be it from a fandom you know or not, and leave a review on them beforehand. Think about it: it is easier to get a review from someone you know than a complete stranger. Besides, reading is a way to improve your writing. If you come in fandom blind, you can learn the dos and donts to make your fanfics more approachable by fandom blind readers.

Promote your fanfics here and explain why you think they're worth reading, whether it's from your own opinion or others' reviews (especially if you have it posted at fanfiction.net). Also, do share an excerpt of your fanfic.
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
May 14, 2017 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
I'll be the first to promote my work then. Though may I suggest giving a promotion form like in Writers Anonymous at ffnet? It will look neater that way.

Twisted Death is a Gungrave fanfic of mine, which is set about one year after the anime. After the death of Dr. Bernard Rutherford, everybody in the Rutherford family perished one by one except Dr. William, Brandon's caretaker. Judging from the victims' remains and the pattern of the murder, some said William might have offended someone from a crime organization, while Brandon thought necrolyzed beings were behind the murder.

Here, I've been trying to blend between murder mystery and action/sci-fi. Of course, the action is upped a few notches because I like how action-packed Gungrave games are, and I'm just trying to strike a balance between the two (anime has more drama but less action, game has more action but less drama).

Be warned that this is much bloodier and gorier than my other works, so it's not for the squeamish. ;)

What many others (all fandom blind readers) have said about this work? Well, I think it's my ability to keep everything mostly approachable by fandom blind readers.

Can be read on:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12296381/1/Twisted-Death (without illustrations, edits and updates show up here first)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1585425 (with illustrations)
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

May 14, 2017 3:13 AM
Aug 2016
this is my first fanfic anime: Loveless Im a new artist and the stuff Im working now is much better than than this one, still
please have a look

SUMMARY: Soubi visits a forest were he and Ritsuka USED to hang out and were Loveless kissed his fighter for the 1 time. But why in the past tense? Why cant Ritsuka go out with Soubi anymore? And what is FORGOTTEN? M- for a very dark ending. Im NOT KIDDIN

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12454896/1/Forest-of-The-Forgotten

**The DarkCat**
May 14, 2017 10:09 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Eh... I'll go next then...

I never finish stuff I start, unless they're oneshots... so I might as well post one of those.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9549008

This is for Yuri On Ice!! (Because I'm sports anime trash)

However it deals with triggery subjects such as Suicide and Self Harm, and it's angsty.... Yay :') (Angst is my favourite to write.)

But yepp... Idek... it probably could be better.... I didn't really bother proof reading it (I find it difficult to do so.)

Hopefully someone here might like it...
May 15, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
The_Biologist said:
I'll be the first to promote my work then. Though may I suggest giving a promotion form like in Writers Anonymous at ffnet? It will look neater that way.

I always think that WA's format is too stiff. Here, I don't give any format in hopes that people can be more elaborate in promoting their works. Isn't it more fun if you get a bigger picture of what you'll be reading?

PS. You need to update Twisted Death ASAP. Your action scenes are bloody hot. :P
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
May 15, 2017 5:48 PM

Mar 2015
impmontamer03 said:
I always think that WA's format is too stiff. Here, I don't give any format in hopes that people can be more elaborate in promoting their works. Isn't it more fun if you get a bigger picture of what you'll be reading?

PS. You need to update Twisted Death ASAP. Your action scenes are bloody hot. :P

It sure is. But as far as I know, some posters at WA also get more elaborate at times, despite the given form.

Haven't written anything since last week. I'm very busy, and when I have time, I focus on editing someone else's work instead of writing.
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
2 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
11 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
12 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.