Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 13, 2017 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
SkullProX said:
Why didn't Eren go to his berserk mode, like vs annie? Looked like he only won with some 'tricks' and the help of Mikasa, maybe he could've won easily in berserk titan mode. (No manga spoilers please)
Berserk Titan mode was ridiculous anyway it was an anime only thing, I'm glad they didn't have it in here.
May 13, 2017 4:18 PM

May 2013
oh
my
god
im gonna watch it again
cant get enough of Eren's Titan <3
May 13, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Madishi said:
Can someone tell my why the Colossal Titan transformed without legs? And why is he a skeleton at this point? Is Berth still in the titan form?
He is turning into a skeleton due to the mass amount of steam he's been using
May 13, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2012
WOW Fantastic & Brilliant Episode. So much greatness happening.
Eren vs the Armored Titan was amazing. Eren was awesome in this fight. Learning from Annie & using her technique in battle.

Mikasa getting in on the action was great.
Hange blushing over Eren's Titan form.

Hange & the Survey Corps trying to attack to Colossal Titan was awesome. The 3D maneuver in action was cool.

Holy Shit the Colossal Titan falling.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 13, 2017 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
omg I don't believe this... Attack on titan SE2 gives the absolute annoying cliffhangers ever... EVER!!! COMON DID THEY REALLY NEED TO CUT RIGHT THERE!!!! O_O

And is it just me who thinks the episodes are like 5 min? xD
May 13, 2017 5:00 PM

Jun 2007
sim0n2170 said:
SkullProX said:
Why didn't Eren go to his berserk mode, like vs annie? Looked like he only won with some 'tricks' and the help of Mikasa, maybe he could've won easily in berserk titan mode. (No manga spoilers please)
Berserk Titan mode was ridiculous anyway it was an anime only thing, I'm glad they didn't have it in here.

The Annie flashback reminded me of that 'FIRE MODE' titan power-up. That was so stupid. Just to end S1 more flashy, they gave Eren a generic shounen clutch ability... and are now gonna ignore its existence and hope people forget.
Totally went against the growth he showed during the Reiner fight, which was ironically based on having his arse kicked by Annie. Kinda defeats whole point of learning techniques when you can go berserk and win anyway, 'innit.

Also, we need to see the winner of Eren's superpowered harem battle. More interesting than the Reiner fight. Maybe.
May 13, 2017 5:00 PM

Mar 2017
The Titan Trio are literally my favorite!

Damn I miss Annie :(
May 13, 2017 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
I repeat myself every week but wow, this episode was so damn good. Right from the start I liked that they showed Mikasa actually hesitated in decapitating the 2 guys, which explains how they survived and at the same time also shows she isn't just a cold-hearted badass.
Then, there was that 3d maneuver gear goodness against the colossal titan and the flashback, which were both brilliant. The fight between Eren and Reiner was also pretty awesome, especially because the betrayal that Eren felt was conveyed so well. And speaking of him, gotta say he absolutely rocked in this episode.
Love this show so much.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 13, 2017 5:09 PM
Feb 2017
This episode was by far the best one so far.
Had me on the edge of my seat the entire duration!

THAT CLIFFHANGER THO FUUUUU-
May 13, 2017 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
Snk is the king of cliffhangers :p

also Eren matured a lot , im proud of him
tragedydesuMay 13, 2017 5:14 PM
May 13, 2017 5:12 PM

Jan 2015
Fanboying so hard right now, loved this episode.
May 13, 2017 5:12 PM

Oct 2016
That was the intensity I've wanted from S2 this whole time
May 13, 2017 5:18 PM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Lordwen said:
Series went full battle shounen mode at last!

Nonetheless watching this is quite boring because I'm completely certain they will at the very least escape for plot convenience.

Why wouldn't you want them to escape with Eren? Aren't you interesting in their motive? Where they came from etc?

So you would rather they die without getting any answers? They dying would be the equivalent of Annie crystalizing from giving the viewers any answers. So ironically they dying would be another plot convenience, because that would just delay all the questions in the series.

If I had to ask of course I'd want them dead, and the sooner the better. After all they're lame characters and I couldn't care less about those motives xD
At this point I think this series would be better off without giving any answers. The suspense/mistery would die out sooner or later, but hey. Instead we get corny flashbacks and titans practicing martial arts. Not to forget about a key to a certain basement.
May 13, 2017 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
Luka-SJ said:
My face while watching that CT CGI animation

Whyyyy???

YESSSSSS
WHYYYYYYY????????????

God adaptation overall.
May 13, 2017 5:23 PM

Jul 2016
They're all amaze by the fight of eren and reiner, though to me, I'm already glad seeing Jean again betting to Mikasa xD

The collosal cgi wasn't that bad, its motion looks smoother this time.

Next episode, some info dump dialog again.
May 13, 2017 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
What is up with the Colossal Titan CGI.. whatever it was worth waiting 4 years for this.
May 13, 2017 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
People who are complaining about the episode ending on that cliffhanger:
That's the exact way chapter 44 ends (manga).

Faithfull adaptation.

_junoMay 13, 2017 5:54 PM
May 13, 2017 5:32 PM

Nov 2013
LMAOOO

never thought i'd see aot turn into the UFC, get dana white on the phone
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 13, 2017 5:39 PM

Oct 2013

@julianobouken

manga readers had to wait a month, anime only will wait only a week. Life if much more easier for anime only watchers. lol
May 13, 2017 5:43 PM
Feb 2017
literally jumped out of my chair at the ending lol
can't wait for the next episode ~
May 13, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
So instead of getting the explanation that was the Titans themselves we instead get a shonen powertrip...
Any sense of whatever is left of this series being cutting edge like how it was in season one has literally been diminished to flashbacks and stupidity.
We're seven episodes in, the show is almost over and we don't even know what the hidden premise is.
God knows why you guys love this overrated medium.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 13, 2017 5:49 PM
Aug 2014
When I caught up to the manga it was at the halfway point of this episode...imagine having to wait each month for the content from here on out.

I think this episode was let down a little by the music choices? I think the flashback felt longer due to how quiet it was, the entire episode didn't really have any tracks that stood out to me unlike last week where I was blown away by the intensity of the last couple of minutes. Considering how important for Eren's character the fight with Reiner this week was, I was disappointed they didn't add in some epic music...

This episode also highlights why i absolutely despised the last episode of S1, Eren going all beserk and defeating Annie through pure anger and adrenaline was completely backtracking his character development. I liked that he stopped just getting angry at everything and actually used his head for once, but in the anime they just went lol rage off you go. But that's kind of made his character feel very...unbalanced? or just inconsistent in this season because of how they diverted from the manga last season. Oh well.

I love how focused this section is on how much the titan trio (Reiner and Annie mostly) fucked up, they got too close to all their human cohorts during training and it came back to bite them in the ass when it turns out that they can actually fight back. Its as Eren said, their plan was full of holes and inconsistencies and it mostly comes down to them being people and kids as well

The CGI was still kinda...eh, but considering the constraints the animators are under, i'm not complaining, i guess you could also just say it highlights how fucking weird the titans are

I'm a bit confused as to the preview, I'm not sure what they're going to put in next episode but considering all the content that is left for this arc...i hope they don't dawdle around too much there's plenty of shit i still wanna see.

I think episode 9 might have one of my favourite moments, we shall have to see
May 13, 2017 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
@keragamming

But they waited 4 years for a second season. hahaha

May 13, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
JohnTron said:
So instead of getting the explanation that was the Titans themselves we instead get a shonen powertrip...
Any sense of whatever is left of this series being cutting edge like how it was in season one has literally been diminished to flashbacks and stupidity.
We're seven episodes in, the show is almost over and we don't even know what the hidden premise is.

Are you serious? You clearly saw Eren transform last episode, so wasn't that enough hint that this episode will be more about the action? The title for this episode is "close combat" what were you expecting, eren and Reiner in their titan form drinking tea explaining their motive to him? like ughhh! If you are trolling you did a great job at it for triggering me.

I don't know why you guys keep brining up the fact that it is 12 episodes, You guys seem to forget this is adapting material from a source material that was made years ago, The anime staff have no control over whether we get answers or not. You will get answers when the anime reach the point in the manga where questions are being answered.

So you either be patient or read the source material.
keragammingMay 13, 2017 5:57 PM
May 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
@keragamming

It's good only 12 episodes now because the next arc is:

I guess next year we gonna have 2 cour adaptation.
May 13, 2017 5:58 PM
Aug 2013
Mikasa could probably killed both Rainer and Bertholdt in previous ep hmm.
That would be fast :P
May 13, 2017 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
keragamming said:
JohnTron said:

Are you serious? You clearly saw Eren transform last episode, so wasn't that enough hint that this episode will be more about the action? The title for this episode is "close combat"

I don't know why you guys keep brining up the fact that it is 12 episodes, You guys seem to forget this is adapting material from a source material that was made years ago, The anime staff have no control over that.

100% Serious.
Anime and Manga are two different mediums, sometimes they're done page for page in animated format, sometimes they aren't. I don't really care personally.
For the amount of hype the show has received since season one, you cannot look me in the face and tell me this isn't a disappointment to some degree.
About season 2's length, I couldn't care less if it's only 12 episodes. I do care about how 12 episode-based shows work though. Season 2 is breaking the formula of the 3 episode plot point in that regard, which is okay. The only thing that's not okay is that it's taking so long to solidify a key point. Last episode paved a nice path for explanation, this episode has been wasted, for me at least.
I'm literally only holding on due to the fact that the show is airing, and I'm waiting for some explanation by the end of the show.
As of now though, the most boring 22 minutes of my weekend.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 13, 2017 6:04 PM

Jul 2016
What an ending.

Still want to know what the whole deal is with some titans being controllable and others being zombie like.

Hopefully find out soon.
May 13, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2014
DAMN that was intense, the hype is back
May 13, 2017 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
OMGGGGGGGGG THIS WAS SOOO EPIC !!
When this season ends i must continue the manga, i don't even know why i stopped reading it xD
This was so epic!!! As always, OST + Fights 10/10!
Eren badass af xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 13, 2017 6:23 PM

Mar 2015
RIP to Eren and Connie's relationship with Reiner and Berty. Srsly, i'm so upset about this :((
but, this was a super intense episode, and when Eren took down Reiner with the skills he learnt from Annie. That was sick!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
I personally thought the cgi was worse in this episode, but it focused mainly on eren vs reiner which was great.
May 13, 2017 6:45 PM

Oct 2013
JohnTron said:
keragamming said:

Are you serious? You clearly saw Eren transform last episode, so wasn't that enough hint that this episode will be more about the action? The title for this episode is "close combat"

I don't know why you guys keep brining up the fact that it is 12 episodes, You guys seem to forget this is adapting material from a source material that was made years ago, The anime staff have no control over that.

100% Serious.
Anime and Manga are two different mediums, sometimes they're done page for page in animated format, sometimes they aren't. I don't really care personally.
For the amount of hype the show has received since season one, you cannot look me in the face and tell me this isn't a disappointment to some degree.
About season 2's length, I couldn't care less if it's only 12 episodes. I do care about how 12 episode-based shows work though. Season 2 is breaking the formula of the 3 episode plot point in that regard, which is okay. The only thing that's not okay is that it's taking so long to solidify a key point. Last episode paved a nice path for explanation, this episode has been wasted, for me at least.
I'm literally only holding on due to the fact that the show is airing, and I'm waiting for some explanation by the end of the show.

Well, for the most part season 2 will be a disappointment for you then if you are expecting full answers. Just going to tell you from now that you will get hints sprinkle here and there this season, but you will still be left in the dark in what is going.

I suspect many will read the manga after this season, especially if it ends where I think it will end at. I just did you a favour, now you can have the lowest expectation for the rest of this season.
May 13, 2017 7:09 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum this is epic af, that cliffhanger tho *_*
May 13, 2017 7:31 PM

Sep 2015
That was a oool fight
May 13, 2017 7:31 PM
Jun 2016
julianobouken said:
People who are complaining about the episode ending on that cliffhanger:
That's the exact way chapter 44 ends (manga).

Faithfull adaptation.

Yeah I'm laughing at all the people crying about the cliffhanger. They only have to wait a week to find out what happens next. We had to wait a whole damn month for the next Manga chapter.

Glad the studio is being faithful to to the manga with this adaptation too. Not throwing in crap like the berserk mode Eren Titan from last season.
May 13, 2017 7:38 PM
Jun 2016
JohnTron said:
keragamming said:

100% Serious.

Mod Edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonMay 15, 2017 11:05 AM
May 13, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly it was nice to see Eren able to get the upper hand so easily.
May 13, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
With each episode I keep falling for Mikasa even more. ( ̄  ̄~ ̄▽ ̄)~
May 13, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2011
Omg they can't end it there omfg
May 13, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
Daaaaamn, that episode feel like it last 5 minutes.

I was so excited when Eren was fighting Reiner, was saying "hit him" all the time LOL

Btw, I love Reiner's titan form design, looks pretty cool.
May 13, 2017 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
Seriously, my only problem is the inconsistent animation and the dam CGI... -.-
The rest is TOP :D
May 13, 2017 8:13 PM
Dec 2013
These fight scenes we're animated amazingly well. Colossal Titan being CG kinda stunk but he was barely in the episode.
May 13, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2016
Lordwen said:

Nonetheless watching this is quite boring because I'm completely certain they will at the very least escape for plot convenience.

Going full action = Shonen ??? K
Nonetheless the preview of next episode indeed seems to have given out too much. Don't know if this is predictable for anime only viewers.
lunarxlunarMay 13, 2017 9:48 PM
May 13, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
While the last episode was really good, this one was one of the worst of whole SNK imo. Nor exciting fight, nor plot development. Plot armour all over the place....

I still liked it tho, just didn't feel the same...

And I still wonder what part Papa titan will play in this one
TapuTapuuMay 13, 2017 8:43 PM
May 13, 2017 8:30 PM

Apr 2016
These spies... if they were actually doing their job instead of making useless friendship and flirting with their enemies, they would've been fine. smh
May 13, 2017 8:34 PM

Apr 2016
lunarxlunar said:
Lordwen said:

Going full action = Shonen ??? K
Nonetheless the preview indeed seems to have given out too much. Don't know if this is predictable for anime only viewers.

AoT IS shonen btw. It's such an ambiguous "genre". Even Death Note is shonen.
May 13, 2017 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
While the writing is questionable, there's no doubt that Attack on Titan does suspense, hype, and badass action better than anything in recent years. We need more anime with this level of intensity, this was fucking awesome.
May 13, 2017 8:56 PM

Jun 2015
Amelanduil said:
Man, those cliffhangers are real...

When you smashin' bae but then the colossal titan falls on you #relatable
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.