Forum Settings
Forums

Mini Game v12: Easter Egg Mafia | Game Over - Good Bunnies Win

Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
May 15, 2017 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
Whoa, this thread blew up.

I'll be catching up but I'm going to be walking around Boston for most of the day so I can pretty much only check in by phone.
 
May 15, 2017 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8381
@RE1031 #195
Should i vote for the bomb?
That depends, i mean i voted wyndz due to his role, prefer to avoid voting based on a role only from now onwards.
 
May 15, 2017 10:01 AM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
I mean im not diagnosed with short term memory lose, but my short term memory is very very bad lol. Its why i need to record stuff or ill just forget. Also when i was replying about her bomb role i didnt even take into account my role cause like i said regardless of my role i wanted to vote the bomb role.

Also ur welcome to belive what you want lol, this happens alot with me.

logic340 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:


I would say ask in private then lol, because scum can ask themself it they're concerned. Why would it matter if i was scum with him that be a waste of a role to take if we were scum together lmfao.
If you are scum with him you may not have that much say on which role you get as scum don't have the numbers to force things their way. If you are scum together that would benefit town for you to inherit the peeker role (especially if you get nothing since it's already used). I only ask about my role in private other than that I ask for the knowledge I am seeking in thread when I find it may be helpful to town.


Why seek it in the thread when it could benefit scum? Also It's possible for pr roles to be lynched very early on if behavior suggest otherwise. Mafia could even manipulate this but making someone seem scummy when they aren't.


 
May 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1703
Shinichi-Kun said:
wen294 said:



Clearly had an eye on her role at the time he made the post, and says himself that the role is the reason for the vote. Not sure what he's talking about with character tho, i guess he means personality?

Guess i'll move my vote:
Change vote: Shinichi-kun


You are correct in that assumption. Also whats the difference between my vote on rose and those on the occult it seems like they had wanted todo that from the start also.
Wait if I am understanding correctly, you voted for me because of who I am personally, rather than for the role I have?

Cold blooded..... ;w;

 
May 15, 2017 10:14 AM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:


You are correct in that assumption. Also whats the difference between my vote on rose and those on the occult it seems like they had wanted todo that from the start also.
Wait if I am understanding correctly, you voted for me because of who I am personally, rather than for the role I have?

Cold blooded..... ;w;


i said both lol never stated just 1 >_>


 
May 15, 2017 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1703
yurkin said:
#165 whooah, unless the green colored name have some psychological influence over the minds of people to think the said name its town, cant find other reasons for mafia to go specially for that role lol.
Making them another color makes them an outcast as well, making people more supecious of them.

Though green is assocoited with positive emotions so.... -shrug-
RE1031 said:
@Melanoid
Weird question but how would you feel about voting for the bomb today? If Rosie is mafia, holding off on voting for her until late game could prove deadly. If we get the bomb safely out of the way today, it could save us trouble in the future when the stakes are much higher. Not saying I want to do this, because like I've said, I don't want to vote for people based on roles, but since you're fine with it, what are your thoughts?
I have one way of making sure I am never deadly. Don't touch me with any night moves, and don't vote for me lol

I wonder if I would kill the egg thrower if they killed me on the wrong day....

 
May 15, 2017 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1703
RE1031 said:

@Oyasumi_Rosie
Sorry if you've answered this already but what number was Bomb on your list?

Um, I don't have my list in front of me, but I believe it was number 1.

I love killing abilities so much, and this one was themed around one of my favorite villains. How could I not choose that first?

Just for the record, I put the Double voter as my very last pick. I hate that role so much. I would rather be any other role than that. 3:<

 
May 15, 2017 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
No idea! All roles are neutral in reality, so I don't really have a reason to really think of them.

Though, in all honesty, the neighboring role really is the most scummy to me. That role would be perfect for scum to pocket another player.
While all roles are neutral there are some that would be better for mafia than other.
Egg Thrower/Artist/Chef are three roles I don't think mafia would even want. They give them no power, and being that two of them don't visit anyone they are in danger of being watched making a kill. So while I wont just say the people with these abilities are town I would say that there is less chance the mafia would target these abilities as they aren't very helpful. Sucks for Ruu since she admitted to having Egg Thrower last which is where I would expect these roles to show up on almost any list but especially mafia's.


Wait you think that it makes me look scummy the fact that my role was the last on my list? Is a boring one why would I wanted over a pr? xD
 
May 15, 2017 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Shinichi-Kun said:
I mean im not diagnosed with short term memory lose, but my short term memory is very very bad lol. Its why i need to record stuff or ill just forget. Also when i was replying about her bomb role i didnt even take into account my role cause like i said regardless of my role i wanted to vote the bomb role.

Also ur welcome to belive what you want lol, this happens alot with me.

logic340 said:
If you are scum with him you may not have that much say on which role you get as scum don't have the numbers to force things their way. If you are scum together that would benefit town for you to inherit the peeker role (especially if you get nothing since it's already used). I only ask about my role in private other than that I ask for the knowledge I am seeking in thread when I find it may be helpful to town.


Why seek it in the thread when it could benefit scum? Also It's possible for pr roles to be lynched very early on if behavior suggest otherwise. Mafia could even manipulate this but making someone seem scummy when they aren't.
I understand that mafia can try to manipulate this which is cause for concern regarding your role. I can see where Ruu is coming from with you targeting a role you want but I don't think that you target a role you want like that from the very beginning.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1703
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Wait if I am understanding correctly, you voted for me because of who I am personally, rather than for the role I have?

Cold blooded..... ;w;


i said both lol never stated just 1 >_>
Heartless.... Mean... Evil.... ;w;

 
May 15, 2017 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
Ughhh I already thought about a few ways to find scum but someone has to get lynch / NK first so I don't know what to do now -_-
I'm liking everyone's comments and since there is a lot of talk about mechanics there is not much I can get from that when it comes to alignment...
I'm against lynching Rosie early on because like some said she is more likely to hit town than scum and we don't want that. Even if she is scum I still prefer to see her interactions and movements for a couple of phases more. We can gain more from that than going after her on D1.
@Oyasumi_Rosie thoughts on logic so far?


I'm on mobile because for some strange reason my internet doesn't work on my pc today so please be patient cause reading and writing here is a pain -_-

 
May 15, 2017 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
logic340 said:
While all roles are neutral there are some that would be better for mafia than other.
Egg Thrower/Artist/Chef are three roles I don't think mafia would even want. They give them no power, and being that two of them don't visit anyone they are in danger of being watched making a kill. So while I wont just say the people with these abilities are town I would say that there is less chance the mafia would target these abilities as they aren't very helpful. Sucks for Ruu since she admitted to having Egg Thrower last which is where I would expect these roles to show up on almost any list but especially mafia's.


Wait you think that it makes me look scummy the fact that my role was the last on my list? Is a boring one why would I wanted over a pr? xD
No, I don't think it really tells us much either way honestly. As stated neither side would really want powerless roles. But I could see town going for what they want more than what works best for alignment. That being said we have to weigh what people say against their behavior in order to try and determine if we believe them or not. I believe that it was last on your list but it doesn't really help me to determine whether you are town or scum seeing as how you appear to been last to pick?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6526
Below are all of my comments/replies to posts on page 2 and 3. Most have allready been discussed, but I thought I'd post them anyways.

Ruu said:
@Zymf why do you think Amnesiac is a townish role? Just curious...
1. Because I considered it as a second or third priority ^^
2. Because you will later in the game undoubtedly call attention to yourself in your new choice of role.

logic340 said:
Reasoning can go a lot of ways. I think I understand some of yours others not so much,
Townish roles:
2. Fullmetal Egg (Jailer)
3. Golden Egg (Lightning Rod)
10. Decorative Egg (Artist)
11. Oeuf Suprême (Chef)
12. Green Egg & Ham (Egg Thrower)

Scummy roles:
4. Explosive Egg (Bomb)
5. Occult Egg (Peeker)
7. Sparkling Egg (Reloader)

Neutral roles (could go both ways):
1. Camouflaged Egg (Watcher)
6. Duckling Egg (Neighborizer)
8. Royal Egg (Doublevoter)
9. Spooky Egg (Amnesiac)
It seems we think alike a lot, so I'll just explain the differences between our lists:
- I put Artist, Chef and Egg thrower as Neutral, because they are mostly useless and neither Town or Scum would choose them if thinking strategically.
- I put Watcher as townish because it's the closest we get to a Cop and as such, it would benefit town more than scum.
- Doublevoter is scummy because just having it, means scum are 1 step closer to their win condition of becomming the majority.

Crossbell said:
I am kind of nervous about the people asking Wyndz about who the confirmed townie is. In my mind, the best way to use that sort of role (one random cop check on a townie) is to reveal who it is when that townie gets pressured or is run up, so that we can use that information to catch overeager scum on the wagon. RE and Zymf trying to fish that information out of Wyndz even before they've posted feels like an attempt to figure out who a confirmed townie is so that they don't have to pressure them, and it doesn't sit well with me.
Hmm... Good points, but I think I still disagree. It's in no way sure that the "confirmed townie" will ever get a fast train and even then, you can only assume that it's due to overeager scum. It's not so much that I want to find out who is confirmed townie as fast as possible. Instead, I just want scum-WyNdZ to reveal it now instead of mid-game when it's most convenient for him. And also to recieve the information before he is NK'd tonight and his information lost...
Btw, the Peeker is on my scumlist of roles exactly because it can be used to clear you or your scumbuddy from suspicion if used right.

Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Though, in all honesty, the neighboring role really is the most scummy to me. That role would be perfect for scum to pocket another player.
Good point, it's now on my scum list of roles. Though logic himself is on my town-read list :P

Shinichi-Kun said:
Lol all the roles are revealed there is literally no point to look into what role could be scummy or town aligned.

Only thing i can think of his someone making a list

That explians the best town and mafia use of each role.
Of course there is a point! Because all the roles are revealed, we can question people why they put their role high enough on their personal list for them to receive said role - Which is a good indication towards their true intentions are in the game.
And we don't openly make a list of best uses for each role, because that would be helping the mafia to much.

Crossbell said:
Shinichi said:

What else is the vote if not pressure in the first place lol.
Perhaps throwing the vote out nakedly could help you garner even more reactions? I'm just confused as why you vote then say "this vote is for pressure" since that pressure vote instantly loses all meaning.
Not for me. When I pressure vote someone, I tend to state it openly that it's for pressure. And then I stick with my vote untill I get the information I demand.

WyNdZ said:
Ah man I got a boring role. I basically get some information and then become a powerless role. It's a useful role no doubt but not one that suits my play style.

Haha well isn't this interesting. I've got 3 votes already, I assume this is to pressure me to reveal who is the confirmed town.

RE1031 said:
@Wyndz
Assuming you're not mafia, whose name did you get as a townie?
I'll reveal it after some time, most probably within this phase and definitely before the end of the first night so there's no chance of me dying with the information.

I think the town can get some useful information from seeing the interactions of the confirmed townie with the other players hence my reasons for delaying the reveal a bit.

Nice reply! Especially combined with post #119 ^^

Unvote

wen294 said:
And i usually agree with random gimmicks (like character claiming or so). I mean not like i really have a reason not to. Even if i don't see the benefit, no harm done in joining in if somebody else DOES see benefit in it no?
This gives me some nice town vibes.

Melanoid said:
Regardless if Occult reveal their information today, there's really no way I'd believe it unless Occult dies and ends up being confirmed town but I prefer it being revealed early since it's too risky to hide that information the longer the game gets.

with that being said, I'm up for lynching the Occult right after he reveals his information just so we can get a clear town if occult flips town. Hopefully jailkeeper would save confirmed town after that tho.
No no no no no! You don't lynch someone right after they reveal all their information, it's just wrong! (unless their information are contradictory with other information). Mafia in it's essence is a game between a uninformed majority and informed minority. Therefore we need as much info and reads about people as we can get and not just kill them off. Besides 1 confirmed townie isn't worth 1 innocent life.

logic340 said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
No idea! All roles are neutral in reality, so I don't really have a reason to really think of them.

Though, in all honesty, the neighboring role really is the most scummy to me. That role would be perfect for scum to pocket another player.
While all roles are neutral there are some that would be better for mafia than other.
Egg Thrower/Artist/Chef are three roles I don't think mafia would even want. They give them no power, and being that two of them don't visit anyone they are in danger of being watched making a kill. So while I wont just say the people with these abilities are town I would say that there is less chance the mafia would target these abilities as they aren't very helpful. Sucks for Ruu since she admitted to having Egg Thrower last which is where I would expect these roles to show up on almost any list but especially mafia's.
Now I see why you put Egg thrower, Artist and Chef as Townish roles.
But I disagree with all the arguments that say all roles are neutral and that making a list of townish/scummy roles are useless! Yes, the mafia might wanna take strong town PR, but that is ONLY because townies want them MORE. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense stealing from the other faction. Therefore, when choosing between 2 equally strong roles, you would prioritize the role that fits your allignment. At least, I think most people would.

/End of page 3 x.x

 
May 15, 2017 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Zymf said:
Below are all of my comments/replies to posts on page 2 and 3. Most have allready been discussed, but I thought I'd post them anyways.

logic340 said:
Reasoning can go a lot of ways. I think I understand some of yours others not so much,
Townish roles:
2. Fullmetal Egg (Jailer)
3. Golden Egg (Lightning Rod)
10. Decorative Egg (Artist)
11. Oeuf Suprême (Chef)
12. Green Egg & Ham (Egg Thrower)

Scummy roles:
4. Explosive Egg (Bomb)
5. Occult Egg (Peeker)
7. Sparkling Egg (Reloader)

Neutral roles (could go both ways):
1. Camouflaged Egg (Watcher)
6. Duckling Egg (Neighborizer)
8. Royal Egg (Doublevoter)
9. Spooky Egg (Amnesiac)
It seems we think alike a lot, so I'll just explain the differences between our lists:
- I put Artist, Chef and Egg thrower as Neutral, because they are mostly useless and neither Town or Scum would choose them if thinking strategically.
- I put Watcher as townish because it's the closest we get to a Cop and as such, it would benefit town more than scum.
- Doublevoter is scummy because just having it, means scum are 1 step closer to their win condition of becomming the majority.
I like to try and think strategically but I know there are better players for that like you and DenjaX.
-I understand why you put them there but I feel like people who have these ranked higher in their lists are more likely to be town (not that town wouldn't have them at then bottom).
-Watcher while close to cop would be really OP as scum which is why I put it in neutral. I think scum would really want this role because then they have no fear of being tracked at night (regardless of their other roles.
-Doublevoter at first I thought similarly but Doublevote cannot be used during mylo or lylo so it takes away the late game advantage for scum. Add to that it is only one shot and it really doesn't afford scum much benefit (outside of one day).
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 8394
Melanoid said:

but in the case that the confirmed town dies then jailer would appear scummy and if mafia decided to ignore confirmed town and decides to target someone else then wouldn't that be beneficial for town? Trimming the player list while keeping a confirmed town alive seems like a bad idea for scum.

Rereading and I am so wanting to change my vote to you based on this. It sounds a lot like you're not just speaking in theory.

Oyasumi_Rosie said:
I have one way of making sure I am never deadly. Don't touch me with any night moves, and don't vote for me lol

Well you have to understand that's a problem if you're actually mafia. And by deadly, I mean unlike Doublevoter, you can still affect the outcome of a lynch MyLo or LyLo. But anyway, the point of my question had less to do with the answers and more with whom I asking it to.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
 
May 15, 2017 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1703
Ruu said:

@Oyasumi_Rosie thoughts on logic so far?

he seems very town which isn't good. I never really tell when he is town or scum at all. I am okay with keeping my vote where it is for now.

 
May 15, 2017 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
🍫 Vote Count 1.3 🍫

πŸ”₯ πŸ₯ Shinichi-kun πŸ₯ πŸ”₯ (2): 🐰 Ruu, wen294 🐰
🐣 WyNdZ 🐣 (1): 🐰 yurkin 🐰
🐣 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐣 (1): 🐰 Shinichi-kun 🐰
🐣 melanoid 🐣 (1): 🐰 logic340 🐰
🐣 logic340 🐣 (1): 🐰 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐰
🐣 RE1031 🐣 (1): 🐰 Crossbell 🐰
🐣 wen294 🐣 (1): 🐰 RE1031 🐰
🐣 Ruu 🐣 (1): 🐰 WyNdZ 🐰
🐣 Crossbell 🐣 (1): 🐰 AbuHumaid 🐰

🌱 Not Voting 🌱 melanoid, Zymf

🐀 Role Index 🐀

>>Day 1 Timer<<
 
May 15, 2017 1:26 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
logic340 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:
I mean im not diagnosed with short term memory lose, but my short term memory is very very bad lol. Its why i need to record stuff or ill just forget. Also when i was replying about her bomb role i didnt even take into account my role cause like i said regardless of my role i wanted to vote the bomb role.

Also ur welcome to belive what you want lol, this happens alot with me.



Why seek it in the thread when it could benefit scum? Also It's possible for pr roles to be lynched very early on if behavior suggest otherwise. Mafia could even manipulate this but making someone seem scummy when they aren't.
I understand that mafia can try to manipulate this which is cause for concern regarding your role. I can see where Ruu is coming from with you targeting a role you want but I don't think that you target a role you want like that from the very beginning.


I already have in mind what roles i wanna take if by any chance they get lynched or night killed.


 
May 15, 2017 1:29 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Ruu said:
Ughhh I already thought about a few ways to find scum but someone has to get lynch / NK first so I don't know what to do now -_-
I'm liking everyone's comments and since there is a lot of talk about mechanics there is not much I can get from that when it comes to alignment...
I'm against lynching Rosie early on because like some said she is more likely to hit town than scum and we don't want that. Even if she is scum I still prefer to see her interactions and movements for a couple of phases more. We can gain more from that than going after her on D1.
@Oyasumi_Rosie thoughts on logic so far?


I'm on mobile because for some strange reason my internet doesn't work on my pc today so please be patient cause reading and writing here is a pain -_-



People really dont wanna vote her it seems and because of that i cant really get any reads from the vote itself. I mean i am cautious of the people who want to avoid the lynch. My goal was never to get her lynched anyways just wanted to see who would be willing to vote her.


 
May 15, 2017 1:31 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
@zymf these ur post lol

I still aint convinced because like msot people are saying scum and town will most likely pick the same power roles.

Also how would my suggestion benefit mafia if anything after that information got out if specific people started dieing we would realize someone actually took it to heart.


 
May 15, 2017 1:34 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Togs said:
🍫 Vote Count 1.3 🍫

πŸ”₯ πŸ₯ Shinichi-kun πŸ₯ πŸ”₯ (2): 🐰 Ruu, wen294 🐰
🐣 WyNdZ 🐣 (1): 🐰 yurkin 🐰
🐣 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐣 (1): 🐰 Shinichi-kun 🐰
🐣 melanoid 🐣 (1): 🐰 logic340 🐰
🐣 logic340 🐣 (1): 🐰 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐰
🐣 RE1031 🐣 (1): 🐰 Crossbell 🐰
🐣 wen294 🐣 (1): 🐰 RE1031 🐰
🐣 Ruu 🐣 (1): 🐰 WyNdZ 🐰
🐣 Crossbell 🐣 (1): 🐰 AbuHumaid 🐰

🌱 Not Voting 🌱 melanoid, Zymf

🐀 Role Index 🐀

>>Day 1 Timer<<


this vote count wth lol
unvote


 
May 15, 2017 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
vote change: Zymf

Reasons coming next, chrome keeps crashing so I wanted to at least post this before it closes again!
 
May 15, 2017 1:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
I have to suspects for now: logic and Zymf.

- I'm getting scum vibes from logic - based on our last game together. His wording and focus don't look town oriented.

- Zymf is the other person that is looking scummy to me. From what I learn watching Zymf play and host, I don't see him making list about roles that are townish/scummy if he was in fact town. He knows that's not helping at all and it doesn't even help the mechanics talk.

Also can you all please stop talking about that and scenarios like "if the jailer doesn't protect the townie he is scum, if the bomb does X then they are town..."because you are feeding strategies to the mafia team. I have a few ideas myself but I don't write about it so mafia can not use it against me.
 
May 15, 2017 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 8394
Zymf said:

wen294 said:
And i usually agree with random gimmicks (like character claiming or so). I mean not like i really have a reason not to. Even if i don't see the benefit, no harm done in joining in if somebody else DOES see benefit in it no?
This gives me some nice town vibes.

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
 
May 15, 2017 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
RE1031 said:
Zymf said:

This gives me some nice town vibes.

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3


why after this particular post?
 
May 15, 2017 2:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 8394
Ruu said:
RE1031 said:

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3


why after this particular post?

Because it's so random. It doesn't fit in with the rest of his replies. Not to mention, regarding that specific gimmick, Zymf was against it - said that it wasn't worth it. So why should a post agreeing to using the gimmick give town vibes to someone who disagreed?
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
 
May 15, 2017 2:23 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Ruu said:
I have to suspects for now: logic and Zymf.

- I'm getting scum vibes from logic - based on our last game together. His wording and focus don't look town oriented.

- Zymf is the other person that is looking scummy to me. From what I learn watching Zymf play and host, I don't see him making list about roles that are townish/scummy if he was in fact town. He knows that's not helping at all and it doesn't even help the mechanics talk.

Also can you all please stop talking about that and scenarios like "if the jailer doesn't protect the townie he is scum, if the bomb does X then they are town..."because you are feeding strategies to the mafia team. I have a few ideas myself but I don't write about it so mafia can not use it against me.


Ill shed some light on ur opinion of zymf, ive played with him enough to know this is exactly what he would do regardless of alignment.

Also i agree we need to stop feeding strategies


 
May 15, 2017 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 8394
Actually, why not. Not gonna get anywhere saying I wanna vote for someone but not doing it.
vote: Zymf
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
 
May 15, 2017 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
Shinichi-Kun said:
Ruu said:
I have to suspects for now: logic and Zymf.

- I'm getting scum vibes from logic - based on our last game together. His wording and focus don't look town oriented.

- Zymf is the other person that is looking scummy to me. From what I learn watching Zymf play and host, I don't see him making list about roles that are townish/scummy if he was in fact town. He knows that's not helping at all and it doesn't even help the mechanics talk.

Also can you all please stop talking about that and scenarios like "if the jailer doesn't protect the townie he is scum, if the bomb does X then they are town..."because you are feeding strategies to the mafia team. I have a few ideas myself but I don't write about it so mafia can not use it against me.


Ill shed some light on ur opinion of zymf, ive played with him enough to know this is exactly what he would do regardless of alignment.

Also i agree we need to stop feeding strategies


do you have a read on Zymf?
 
May 15, 2017 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
@Ruu you never answered my question about what "logic being logic" means? Now you say I am suspicious so I have to ask if "logic being logic" is logic being suspicious? Or has something changed from when you posted #93 to now?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
@Ruu you never answered my question about what "logic being logic" means? Now you say I am suspicious so I have to ask if "logic being logic" is logic being suspicious? Or has something changed from when you posted #93 to now?


I totally missed it! I'm sorry D:

It seemed like normal behaviour at the moment that's why I said "logic being logic" but I've reread the thread since then and your posts remind me of SM mafia.
Also Shinichi is neutral atm, can't tell his alignment for now.
 
May 15, 2017 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
logic340 said:
@Ruu you never answered my question about what "logic being logic" means? Now you say I am suspicious so I have to ask if "logic being logic" is logic being suspicious? Or has something changed from when you posted #93 to now?


I totally missed it! I'm sorry D:

It seemed like normal behaviour at the moment that's why I said "logic being logic" but I've reread the thread since then and your posts remind me of SM mafia.
Also Shinichi is neutral atm, can't tell his alignment for now.
In SM I had no content to speak of and was just helping new players is that what you are really seeing here? Not that I need convincing, since I know this isn't the case, but could you give some examples for others if this is what you truly believe?
I am also currently neutral on Shinichi. His post count is high and we've had a few mindmelds but I feel like I'm having a hard time grasping his true intent.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
🍫 Vote Count 1.4 🍫

πŸ”₯ πŸ₯ Zymf πŸ₯ πŸ”₯ (2): 🐰 Ruu, RE1031 🐰
🐣 Shinichi-kun 🐣 (1): 🐰 wen294 🐰
🐣 WyNdZ 🐣 (1): 🐰 yurkin 🐰
🐣 melanoid 🐣 (1): 🐰 logic340 🐰
🐣 logic340 🐣 (1): 🐰 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐰
🐣 RE1031 🐣 (1): 🐰 Crossbell 🐰
🐣 Ruu 🐣 (1): 🐰 WyNdZ 🐰
🐣 Crossbell 🐣 (1): 🐰 AbuHumaid 🐰

🌱 Not Voting 🌱 melanoid, Zymf, Shinichi-kun

🐀 Role Index 🐀

>>Day 1 Timer<<
 
May 15, 2017 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Ruu said:


I totally missed it! I'm sorry D:

It seemed like normal behaviour at the moment that's why I said "logic being logic" but I've reread the thread since then and your posts remind me of SM mafia.
Also Shinichi is neutral atm, can't tell his alignment for now.
In SM I had no content to speak of and was just helping new players is that what you are really seeing here? Not that I need convincing, since I know this isn't the case, but could you give some examples for others if this is what you truly believe?
I am also currently neutral on Shinichi. His post count is high and we've had a few mindmelds but I feel like I'm having a hard time grasping his true intent.


yes you had content (The Matrix) and here you don't have new players but your approach to the other participants ideas reminds me of scum!logic. You are active but don't stand out too much.... That's how I feel scum!logic works.
Maybe my understanding of you is wrong but that's how I see it.
 
May 15, 2017 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
I basically spent the entire day walking around Boston and visiting MIT.

Catching up now, hopefully.
 
May 15, 2017 4:25 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Ruu said:
Shinichi-Kun said:


Ill shed some light on ur opinion of zymf, ive played with him enough to know this is exactly what he would do regardless of alignment.

Also i agree we need to stop feeding strategies


do you have a read on Zymf?


Not really still pretty neutral for me


 
May 15, 2017 4:26 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
@AbuHumaid where uat?


 
May 15, 2017 4:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6526
It's 1:30 in the night, so I'll make this short. I'll be busy the entire day tomorrow, so I'll have to catch up during Night 1 unfortunately. That means I also won't be voting anyone today, because I simply don't have the time to remove it again and no confident scumread at the moment.

RE1031 said:
Zymf said:

This gives me some nice town vibes.

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3
There's subtle town mentality oozing from those two lines.
Wen says that he doesn't see that much benefit from everyone revealing their personal list, which to me seem like his honest opinion. This I agree with since it would just cause an overflod of random lists that doesn't hold much weight without explanations.
But then wen also says that there's no harm joining in, since the information isn't harmfull as such. In the specific case wen show that he isn't affraid of a mass list-claim and in more general terms he is open towards others ideas.

Though I'm known to be very focused on mechanics and roles and such, I do rarely stumble upon small details like these...
 
May 15, 2017 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 8394
Zymf said:
It's 1:30 in the night, so I'll make this short. I'll be busy the entire day tomorrow, so I'll have to catch up during Night 1 unfortunately. That means I also won't be voting anyone today, because I simply don't have the time to remove it again and no confident scumread at the moment.

RE1031 said:

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3
There's subtle town mentality oozing from those two lines.
Wen says that he doesn't see that much benefit from everyone revealing their personal list, which to me seem like his honest opinion. This I agree with since it would just cause an overflod of random lists that doesn't hold much weight without explanations.
But then wen also says that there's no harm joining in, since the information isn't harmfull as such. In the specific case wen show that he isn't affraid of a mass list-claim and in more general terms he is open towards others ideas.

Though I'm known to be very focused on mechanics and roles and such, I do rarely stumble upon small details like these...

I don't quite understand, why is it important that he isn't afraid of a mass list-claim? If there's no benefit (to town), then there isn't anything to fear if they're scum? And being open to ideas seems more like a scum tell - allowing townies to waste time on theories that more than likely will lead to nowhere.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
 
May 15, 2017 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Unvote
While I reread the thread. Read list coming soon.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 15, 2017 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
AbuHumaid said:
eh as expected from Day 1, nothing much to say
Vote: Crossbell just random because i don't want to not vote


1. Day 1 is actually one of the most important Days ever in a game of mafia. Why is there "nothing much to say"?

2. Why do you not want to "not vote"?

This post is actually pretty interesting to me and I'll elaborate on it if AbuHumaid gets back.
 
May 15, 2017 6:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
Melanoid said:
with that being said, I'm up for lynching the Occult right after he reveals his information just so we can get a clear town if occult flips town. Hopefully jailkeeper would save confirmed town after that tho.
So let me get this straight.

You would want Wyndz to reveal his information, then immediately lynch him in order to get a confirmed townie? You're lynching him purely on the basis of his role; you're not interested in actually figuring out his alignment?
 
May 15, 2017 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
Wyndz said:

Yup, that's usually true. I really like this post of yours. I learnt a lot from it and it reignited my interest in mafia games as well hence why I joined this game.
Thank you! I spent a lot of time on that post in order to explain to another mafia player how I approach and play the game after years of playing it, so it's an honor to have people read that post.
 
May 15, 2017 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
RE1031 said:
So basically, if they find out, they can avoid any confrontation/interaction whatsoever that would look suspicious if that confirmed townie flips townie to everyone? But townies always come down on townies. I feel there's far more benefit to a townie learning who the other townies are than scum learning who the confirmed townie is.


That's true, but we need information in this game and having Wyndz intentionally not reveal who the confirmed townie player is until later in the game only helps with that. I feel like I'm hitting on a specific point way too much, though, with regards to you.

Gonna reread RE when I have the chance; her response to me feels more like confusion rather than actually having a specific scum agenda.

Unvote
 
May 15, 2017 7:30 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Zymf said:
It's 1:30 in the night, so I'll make this short. I'll be busy the entire day tomorrow, so I'll have to catch up during Night 1 unfortunately. That means I also won't be voting anyone today, because I simply don't have the time to remove it again and no confident scumread at the moment.

RE1031 said:

How so? Now I really want to vote you :3
There's subtle town mentality oozing from those two lines.
Wen says that he doesn't see that much benefit from everyone revealing their personal list, which to me seem like his honest opinion. This I agree with since it would just cause an overflod of random lists that doesn't hold much weight without explanations.
But then wen also says that there's no harm joining in, since the information isn't harmfull as such. In the specific case wen show that he isn't affraid of a mass list-claim and in more general terms he is open towards others ideas.

Though I'm known to be very focused on mechanics and roles and such, I do rarely stumble upon small details like these...


This is something i would completely overlook due to the fact i would have already forgotten the first part when reading the 2nd part.

I still dont find the need for lists.


 
May 15, 2017 7:32 PM
Tea Addict

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17189
Crossbell said:
Melanoid said:
with that being said, I'm up for lynching the Occult right after he reveals his information just so we can get a clear town if occult flips town. Hopefully jailkeeper would save confirmed town after that tho.
So let me get this straight.

You would want Wyndz to reveal his information, then immediately lynch him in order to get a confirmed townie? You're lynching him purely on the basis of his role; you're not interested in actually figuring out his alignment?


Isnt this the same concept of what others are doing with their list of what roles would be chosen by scum aligned players. They're putting the tag on the role not the people.

I don't really understand it either but i think lynching 1 to confirm the other doesnt seem that harmful aslong as its done early on.


 
May 15, 2017 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
We want to lynch mafia. We don't want to lynch people to get "information".

If Wyndz is town, getting a confirmed townie at the cost of a mislynch seems like a poor deal to me.
 
May 15, 2017 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
🍫 Vote Count 1.5 🍫

πŸ”₯ πŸ₯ Zymf πŸ₯ πŸ”₯ (2): 🐰 Ruu, RE1031 🐰
🐣 Shinichi-kun 🐣 (1): 🐰 wen294 🐰
🐣 WyNdZ 🐣 (1): 🐰 yurkin 🐰
🐣 logic340 🐣 (1): 🐰 Oyasumi_Rosie 🐰
🐣 Ruu 🐣 (1): 🐰 WyNdZ 🐰
🐣 Crossbell 🐣 (1): 🐰 AbuHumaid 🐰

🌱 Not Voting 🌱 melanoid, Zymf, Shinichi-kun, logic340, Crossbell

🐀 Role Index 🐀

>>Day 1 Timer<<
 
May 15, 2017 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3613
^ this vote count never lynches a wolf

It's 15 hours left in the Day, and we have zero momentum and zero wagons. You know what a votecount like this means? Terrible flashwagons at EoDs and townie lynches.

We need to get some wagons going. I need to read up on the Zymf wagon but it seems like it can bear fruit.
 
May 15, 2017 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 35
@Re1031 - I was up for lynching peeker since it gets us the most information along with the odd chance of peeker actually being mafia (disregarding any in-game behavior and just doing it for the sake of information) How does lynching bomb compare to that? less information to gain and higher risk for town.

RE1031 said:
Melanoid said:

but in the case that the confirmed town dies then jailer would appear scummy and if mafia decided to ignore confirmed town and decides to target someone else then wouldn't that be beneficial for town? Trimming the player list while keeping a confirmed town alive seems like a bad idea for scum.

Rereading and I am so wanting to change my vote to you based on this. It sounds a lot like you're not just speaking in theory.

Oyasumi_Rosie said:
I have one way of making sure I am never deadly. Don't touch me with any night moves, and don't vote for me lol

Well you have to understand that's a problem if you're actually mafia. And by deadly, I mean unlike Doublevoter, you can still affect the outcome of a lynch MyLo or LyLo. But anyway, the point of my question had less to do with the answers and more with whom I asking it to.


What exactly do you mean by me not speaking in theory? and what gave you that idea?

@Crossbell
I'm fine with waiting for some time to figure out his alignment but that's passing on the quickest chance to get a confirmed town.

Games here are not as casual as I'm used to orz

Vote:AbuHumaid:
I'd like to see more post from you, seems like a bad idea to bring someone in the later stages of the game with few posts to get a read on.
 
Top
Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »