Forum Settings
Forums

Do you use profanities around family/relatives?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
What kind of sick fuck do you think I am? It's all sunbows and rainshine when I'm around my family
May 15, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
I use all kinds of swearwords around my closest relatives (my mom and my grandmother) because we live together so it kinda happens. Around less close relatives whom I only meet less frequently, I am usually more polite. If I only see my aunt once every month then I don't want to curse like a sailor on those few days we see each other.
May 16, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2017
When I was younger, I would try to not curse around my family, but as time went on, and as I learned to not cuss like a 12 year old cusses, I started cursing more around them.

Now, I cuss around people I feel comfortable with. Like I'll cuss with my brother, or my parents, but not with my grandparents.
What, I love big Richards, okay?
May 16, 2017 4:48 AM

Oct 2016
Nope, we cannot. I guess we're being too traditional but we don't use profanities with any family members. It doesn't have a place with our convos.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 16, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2016
Nope, we don't said those words when we have conversations.
May 16, 2017 9:46 AM
Apr 2011
Yes, I swear around my family all the time without remorse! :)
May 16, 2017 2:25 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Ichilicious said:
Yes, I swear around my family all the time without remorse! :)

Naughty naughty, but do you curse at your family all the time? I think not.
May 16, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2017
It doesn't even come out even if I try. Its like an auto lock. But then we all pretend to be a pure flower in-front of relatives and parents. We all have that dark side.

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
May 16, 2017 9:20 PM

Nov 2016
I've cursed around my mom and siblings for a long time because they always swore. After I was like 12 I wouldn't really get punished or anything so it became normal. My friends would come over and say I have 'a cool mom' for letting us swear so... yep lol. My dad hated it though, so I didn't around him.
I've accidentally let it slip around other peoples parents and that's caused some problems lol
Around family I don't know very well I try to keep it PG. Strangers I could care less. Unless there's small children around.
May 17, 2017 11:02 AM
Apr 2011
Ame said:

No, not at my family directly. But seeing how we live together, it's only normal for them to hear me swear like a sailor when I'm gaming. XD
May 17, 2017 12:07 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Ichilicious said:
Ame said:

No, not at my family directly. But seeing how we live together, it's only normal for them to hear me swear like a sailor when I'm gaming. XD

Fair enough, I usually only curse while playing league or PUBG.
May 18, 2017 2:21 AM

May 2017
Sometimes, only because everyone in my family curses in the house more than me.

Often times I'll flip my brother off, especially when I see him at school, but only because he says worst things than me out loud in the house. He's 11 and says slurs and more curses than me around our mom than I do with my friends, even, and she doesn't care, so I sometimes curse at my mom's house.

It just doesn't feel natural, though, so I'll say it to myself rather than to them.
May 18, 2017 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty subdued around my family, but sometimes I let a profanity slip out around my siblings

May 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Apr 2013
It's pretty interesting for me, I rarely ever swear in english, but in my home language I could casually say a few words around them.
May 18, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2014
codephat said:
I've never said a dirty wordy before.

Liar that's so not true... I don't believe you
May 18, 2017 2:38 AM

Dec 2014
I try not too but there is this always slips of tongue ....I say what the... alot the last part is always meant to be silent...I still receive glaring daggers every now and then
May 19, 2017 9:25 AM
Apr 2011
Ame said:
Fair enough, I usually only curse while playing league or PUBG.

Hehe, whew, I'm glad I'm not alone! :D
May 22, 2017 4:22 AM
May 2017
Now, as an adult, yes. But when I was kid, I speak all profanities only with peers.
May 22, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
I have always kept my swear words to a minimum, but they do tend to slip out more when I'm around my immediate family and relatives.
May 22, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, because my family uses them as well. You shouldn't be afraid to speak your mind in a familial and relaxed atmosphere. But I never ever had called my mother names.
I wouldn't do that, but I bunter her in the same friendly way I "mock" my friends, because she also does it. I don't think I have to explain that. Everyone knows that you make fun of your friends, spouse and family and prank them in a friendly way, if you have a good and close relationship. XD
I must admit that I really can't stand that atmosphere of authority in families. It feels so cold and wrong, if I witness this kind of familial relationship as an outsider. That's the main reason why some people don't want to go with their problems to their parents imo.
May 22, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2015
Well i don't use profanities to hurt someone, i say them to clarify a certain situation or to describe something. My bitchass family doesn't really care as long as it's not directly meant to someone or around children.
May 22, 2017 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Yup all the time, I'm a big boy and my mum and dad aren't immature kids. Maybe if you were like 13 or something I can understand you not being able to swear all the time (but I still did anyway). Though most people I met that got offended by use of profanities were very immature to begin with though.

May 22, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2015
i dont do it much but they dont mind as long as it's not directed at them

i swear at my brother tho c:
May 22, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2014
With my mother's family I use them a lot.
With my father I use it at minimum.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
May 22, 2017 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
Not much with my parents, but when it happens, it doesn't bother them. But with other relatives, it's quite common in reunions/parties, they go all out and it feels normal.
May 23, 2017 1:22 AM

Feb 2017
Nope. I never have and I doubt I ever will. My mother's extremely religious and thinks swearing is a sin, so she likely wouldn't hesitate to smack me for swearing.
May 23, 2017 2:40 AM

Aug 2016
I don't swear, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It's pretty extreme, even words that aren't considered swears, I still choose not to use at all. (which is what makes me nervous whenever I have to read out of a book or text in class, as I may come across these commonly used words)

Well, my friend uses profanities in almost every sentence she speaks. It's a bit annoying at times, but oh well.

Honestly, I think it's fine to swear (unless you're my brother, but I know he secretly swears when he thinks I can't hear him), just don't use them too often, and don't use them to insult or hurt the feelings of other people.

Perhaps it is only appropriate to swear in front of friends and family, definitely not in front of random people like young children or an interviewer for a company you might get employed in.

I personally just don't want to hurt others, so by not allowing myself to use them, I'm kinda saving myself from bad situations.
May 23, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2010
Never said irl.
I have an image to maintain.
Mind you I'm a very innocent looking girl outside that if I utter a dirty words/profanities they would probably flabbergasted lmao
Jun 5, 2017 2:58 PM

Jun 2017
I curse around anyone I'm comfortable/familiar with, especially family. Otherwise I'm a proper lady.
Jun 5, 2017 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
Depends on my mood. How shitty it is or whichever mood is appropriate for the swear word-emphasis.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Yesterday

15 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

66 by Sigma- »»
13 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

21 by Dracowyn »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

72 by DollzchanAi »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever tried to write fanfiction?

TheBlockernator - Aug 11, 2022

49 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.