Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 12, 2017 12:04 PM
Dec 2016
I don't understand why people don't realize that what she did was the most realistic choice for Eriri. For a anime that is extremely self aware and makes fun of the tropes found, it gives us a realistic story. This isn't some epic LN story where the main heroine gives up everything for the protagonist. This is about a young girl dealing with social anxiety and peer pressure for the first time, which is extremely relatable, being a closet web myself. Sure, she isn't the heroine, but she's a extremely relatable character.
Roy_Focker said:
Tomoya is in a pinch! But if he pays attention to the advice of Utaha (by the way the last chapters she having the same problems that Eriri is having [hearth ache]) she knows what the deal is and if he also listened to Katou all of this would have been averted…

About Eriri the only thing that I dislike about her was the thigs that she did as a child to Tomaya. She is probably the closest to Tomoya, besides Michiru… to brush him off like that because she was respected and fawned over by other students at school (keeping appearances) showed to us last season irked me and the fact that in my opinion she didn’t apologize to him in a sincere way is the thing that holding me/prevent me to root for her like I root for all of the other girls from this show (I seriously don’t mind who Tomoya ends up with)…
May 12, 2017 12:45 PM
May 2017
XaneKudo said:
Contreras1991 said:

precisely, he is acting like a director should

Pretty much. The core of the drama here is that both Utaha and Eriri are projecting their personal feelings into the project, which is massively affecting their work.

Add in the fact that Tomoya himself is only interested in making a game, therefore he only has one clear-cut goal, the fact that both girls insult him more than they show their affection towards him, and nobody being crystal clear as to how they feel (a staple in harems), and you have this outstanding mess.

I can understand Tomoya being dense on his own, but his harem doesn't make it any better by being cryptic and condensending when it's pretty much establish that he's dense.

For some reason it feels like both Eriri and Utaha are putting the burden of responsibility of how they feel on him, and the poor dude just want to complete his personal project, even Katou is doing that to him. The guy is just a man. Evry girl on the circle is like we are mad at you because you dont get why we are mad at you
Contreras1991May 12, 2017 12:52 PM
May 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Ooh... Oooohhh! Megumi is evolving at a frightening rate! Developments related to Eriri seem really awkward, though. Regardless, I hope nothing overly dramatic happens next.
May 12, 2017 4:07 PM

Oct 2010

I kind of wish I had a stronger than very slight foot fetish, so that I could appreciate that shot more.
May 12, 2017 6:37 PM

Feb 2009
Just to build on what everyone else is saying here: the self-awareness of the show is getting quickly tired by Aki's forced obliviousness. We all KNOW he knows the girls love him, and we all KNOW he'd choose Kato if forced, but that doesn't give him the right to ignore Eriri out of spite.

Like, we all know what happened when they were younger and this is why he and a lot of the other ppl watching this favor her the least: they simply don't forgive her past actions. Aki's not just being dense, he's being spiteful, and Utaha said as much. He's acting like he doesn't expect anything from her because when he used to as a child she let him down, now he doesn't gaf basically about her feelings and it's sad to watch Eriri get torn down like this because she's literally skipping school for this idiot and he can't even give her a little encouragement? Even Kato knows better than to act this way.

This is why Eriri will always be my fav, she's the total opposite of Kato and Utaha in that she really has to/is working 3 times as hard as everyone else to stay in the group and win Aki's attention and she's the one shouldering a bit part of the project but gets the least recognition for it from the one she needs it from the most! Her whole role in this harem is tragic AF and I feel bad for her. Punished over and over again for some stupid thing you did as a child is unfair.

May 12, 2017 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
Atavistic said:
I can kinda understand how Tomoya was acting this episode, as it seems perfectly logical to be concerned about an artist trying to fundamentally change their style so close to the deadline. Other than that, while he certainly hasn't covered himself in glory he certainly isn't being as dense as people make him out to be. In any case, the drama of this all does feel massively overblown, but not necessarily in a bad way. It may sound odd to put it like that, but I can't really think of a more appropriate way to describe it at this point.

I agree, it makes him more realistic.

Anyway, the struggle of an artist is portrayed here, over-all a great episode :D
May 12, 2017 7:26 PM
Mar 2017
Code_Lies said:
Devil_Slayer said:
I don't understand the hate for tomoya this episode what he did wrong ?

Seriously? Man you're just a few steps away from being a staple dense harem MC.

Let see here,

> The past seemed to repeat itself but tomoya is too oblivious to do anything to prevent it
> Eriri craves Tomoya's support and compliment, and now is the time she needs it the most. but Tomoya is too stupid to realize that
> Utaha gave him obvious tips, but tomoya just took it as a grain of salt. He could immediately go to Eriri's side as she is clearly breaking down, but noooo going to school and doing his own work is more important than preventing Eriri from breaking down.
> Tomoya actually deep down doesn't believe that Eriri can improve her work further
> Just praise Eriri for her work already, godamnit

There's more but this is just limited to this episode only
And one more. Katou also is giving him a hint- .. No, that's too much of a hint and more like she's pushing Aki to support Eriri and go to where she is. And what did he do?! Saturday already passed and it's already Sunday. and guess what?! He haven't even visited her for her support??!! Shit.. And that last line he said after the ed..That's messed up Aki-kun. Burn in hell!! :(( (Sorry for this. I just need to release this emotion..)
May 12, 2017 7:30 PM
Mar 2017
Xenoslash said:
I don't understand why people don't realize that what she did was the most realistic choice for Eriri. For a anime that is extremely self aware and makes fun of the tropes found, it gives us a realistic story. This isn't some epic LN story where the main heroine gives up everything for the protagonist. This is about a young girl dealing with social anxiety and peer pressure for the first time, which is extremely relatable, being a closet web myself. Sure, she isn't the heroine, but she's a extremely relatable character.
Roy_Focker said:
Tomoya is in a pinch! But if he pays attention to the advice of Utaha (by the way the last chapters she having the same problems that Eriri is having [hearth ache]) she knows what the deal is and if he also listened to Katou all of this would have been averted…

About Eriri the only thing that I dislike about her was the thigs that she did as a child to Tomaya. She is probably the closest to Tomoya, besides Michiru… to brush him off like that because she was respected and fawned over by other students at school (keeping appearances) showed to us last season irked me and the fact that in my opinion she didn’t apologize to him in a sincere way is the thing that holding me/prevent me to root for her like I root for all of the other girls from this show (I seriously don’t mind who Tomoya ends up with)…
Yup. This shit do happen. That's why never allow your writer or creator to go somewhere far to do their work on their own. Be with them, work together and support each other.
May 12, 2017 8:08 PM

Apr 2016
Incoming intense drama next episodes...

Poor Eriri. :(

I see a lot of people hating on Tomoya because of this. Whew!

I quite understand why people are angry with Tomoya coz it seems he is "pressuring" Eriri with the work but Episode 6 for sure will explain the "creator's side" and why Eriri is having a slump before overworking herself in the final moments. It also has something to do with Tomoya's way of being a director to them.
footmasterMay 12, 2017 8:13 PM
May 12, 2017 11:48 PM
Apr 2011
Tennouji said:
I feel the drama is getting pathetic.

Just like (Related to White Album 2 visual novel spoilers)

But Kato just saved this episode because of her long hair. And oh, that slight change on the very last part of the opening too.

WA2 spoiler

May 13, 2017 7:12 AM

Nov 2015
Last scene reminded me of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I know it's not a reason enough, but you can't control what comes to your mind lol
May 13, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2015
Xenoslash said:
Roy_Focker said:

It is not that I don’t understand it... because I do... my problem is that she is having a creative slump plus heart ache if the MC just pays her a visit she would snap out of it because above all she only wants Tomoya approval... and if he visits her he would have made her realized that all of her worries would be for naught and vice versa thus my comment of hm not listening to advices from two women’s that knows what is up…
May 13, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
A little over dramatic for my taste. Sounded like she was just stabbed and was dying over the phone.

Jack_Corvus96 said:
Y'all talking about how bad Tomoya is as MC, it was foreshadowed of being a terrible protagonist by Utaha-senpai
lmao

shit that after credits scene... freaking Tomoya, you better do something!
^THIS! Somebody, please slap that mofo for the everybody's sake!
May 13, 2017 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
They rushed the living shit out of this episode when Vol 6 is the second most important volume in the entire series (Vol 7 being #1).

Don't know why they would slow the pacing with Vol 5 and GS 1 in the last 4 episodes only to rush it at Vol 6....
May 13, 2017 3:00 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I don't blame Tomoya for the way he's acting, even if it makes him look more dense and clueless. He couldn't prevent Eriri from heading to her retreat in the mountains to get ideas to produce artworks for the new route.

To add to that, Utaha's nearly-accurate prediction of how Eriri's progress would go only that Mr Ethical even more panicky. However, Eriri was able to find inspiration for her art works thanks to a flashback of her and Tomoya's past visit at the same location as well as imagining the character in the VN coming alive and acting along with Megumi and Tomoya.

Sadly, she did push herself too hard to meet the deadline and collapsed with a fever. I think it's about time for Tomoya to head up there and take good care of her. At least that should redeem himself to other users here.....I hope. ^^;
May 13, 2017 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Was that Popura from Working in the cafe scene? Lol it sure looked and sounded like her.

Guh Eriri episodes are the worst. At least Megumi and Utaha made it more enjoyable.

Tomoya...smh
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 14, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2013
Despite all the stupid shit that Tomoya pulled to get their group together and start with the game creation, it was around this point in the LN that I'd lost all respect for the boy. I swear he's the luckiest POS ever in that all the girls around him just seem to fall all over for him. Not only is he dense and unable to read into others around him, he bases everything on his own selfish perception of how things will turn out and how he thinks that others should act and react. Even Utaha's advice was falling on deaf ears.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to what is about to come in the next few episodes, because it serves his sorry arse right for wasting such beautiful and talented girls on his own desires.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 17, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
I liked season one more far than this one.

Also Although I'm a big fan of drama, and I think this season revolves around that as a main thing, It's on the verge being too inappropriate because the MC is so dense like that. even Megumi doesn't stand him now.

I never liked tomoya from the beginning, he irritated me many times, but this time I felt I need to hit him for real. It's not about him being selfish I can bare with that, but he doesn't even read into anyone around him.

I find always that Megumi and Utaha always make the episodes enjoyable, especially if they took a big part of it.
May 18, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
verrrrrry good episode! i really like the atmosphere, pace, and the sound is really good. poor eriri, but i can't blame all to tomoya. tomoya is doing a mistake, is not because he is dick, i think it's because he is an amateur director. so he doesn't really know how to treat his circle staff well. i mean, everyone did a mistake at first, that's why they learn to be good at they journey. i'm looking forward for their development, i really love this second season of saekano.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
May 18, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it was great. So much development on this episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 2, 2017 12:10 AM

Aug 2008
There's one thing I think every time I watch this series. If only MC wasn't garbage.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 14, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
I was tolerating how dense Tomoya is but this is too much. Poor Eriri.

Katou with long hair <3

Jun 17, 2017 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Wonderful episode.
When Eriri found her new style, it was... very nice. She isn't drawing to get it done. She's doing it to get it right.
Jun 20, 2017 8:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Tomoya smh
He lets Eriri go alone to some far away place and look what happens to her, all exhausted and stuff.

But I can understand why'd Tomoya would get very worried. Like at this point in the project just finish it with the current art style .
Megumi with long hair, so pretty. Really miss her short hair.

Jun 21, 2017 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
I don't know what stupid shit is Tomoya pulling off but he better stop. He's acting like a director should, okay, fine. But his actions are making more trouble rather than help. There is a limit to how dense a person can be. Honestly Eriri is far from being a character I like but I felt genuinely sorry about her this episode.
Katou offered her help to go and see Eriri but Tomoya refused, now face the consequences dude. She will probably be pissed, or hurt. By the way, Megumi looks so beautiful with long hair, I'm so in love with her, it's been a while since I liked a female character as much as I like her.
Jul 19, 2017 10:27 AM
Apr 2014
Ok I slowly start to dislike the story of this. And I'm not talking about the harem. That's what it is about. It's just the episodes seem so random.

One episode Kasumigaoka is basically asking him if he wants her to stay or not. Obviously he doesn't realize that but whatever. The next episode she gets angry at him for not expecting anything from someone else as if she doesn't care that he ignored her subtle question entirely? And Tomoya is just as random. First he gets angry at Kasumigaoka for her work but then Eriri gets more or less free reign and is allowed to drag out the deadline several times?

How close to the source is it? Can I expect the randomness to end at some point or is this continuing until the end of this season and a possible coming season? Ahh, well, at least Kato is still the same as the first season mostly >.>
Jul 24, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2014
Bla bla... drama, dense Tomoya... I'm just happy Utaha mentioned her spin-off manga :3

Sep 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
Things are getting complicated here! Tomoya didn't understand the girls' (especially Eriri's) feelings despite their predictions and foreshadowing and now Eriri is suffering a lot after giving literally all she's got. ;_; Poor Eriri just needed more support from Tomoya and hearing that he believes in her. Not sure about how Eriri's drawings will look like, but I bet they're masterpieces. She looked truly inspired. I trust Eriri!

(Dat pre OP scene. Please step on me utaha-sama! >///////< )
Oct 16, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
It's not like we didn't have any indication that this was coming, but the way it's happening is just eye rolling. Doesn't help that I don't like Eriri.
Nov 18, 2017 7:42 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty decent episode, let's see what's next.
Jan 16, 2018 2:41 PM

May 2015
Katou is still saving this show.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 3, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
They should all chill a bit, everything will work out. My biggest problem this episode was that best girl did not appear.
Jul 2, 2019 4:33 AM

Jun 2017
I understand how Tomoya feels, coming from a director's point-of-view on what Eriri is doing, changing her style and all. But man, poor Eriri :'(
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 31, 2019 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
They're really way too far down the rabbit hole cause I mean if you can't make the deadline then maybe just go for the next time? Eriri has stopped coming to school ffs
Feb 8, 2020 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
Damn that post-credits scene... What the hell is happening to Eriri? I'm worried. It was really sad and heartbreaking this episode. It feels like Tomoya is just pushing Eriri around when in fact artists of a game are the one of the ones who work the hardest. It's back-breaking and mind-wracking.

I hope Eriri's okay. Despite how dense and idiotic Tomoya is these last two episodes, I'm loving this show even more. I'm a fan of drama lol

Eriri works so hard... It seems at the end there she was hallucinating back to when they were kids. I like Megumi and Utaha but it was still real sad to see.
Sep 21, 2020 7:33 AM
Aug 2020
What a nice foot reward you got from utaha-senpai, tomoya-kun! XD
Sep 23, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2019
“I love melodrama” said no one ever, seriously I don’t know if i’m heartless but seeing these two “childhood friends” interact like how they are currently is giving me a brain aneurysm.
Oct 5, 2020 2:45 PM

Sep 2012
People have this really weird obvious bias toward females. You have Eriri who has a lot of flaws where she treated Aki badly. People don't really get that mad with her but when Aki finally shows a flaw of his, then he's all of a sudden the worst person. Eriri is far worse with the betrayal she has done in their childhood. She didn't even apologize and it's a huge flaw that really affected their friendship for a long time and will long term. But nah, let's be mad at Aki because she's not treating our waifu not the way we want him to!
Oct 8, 2020 11:21 PM

Aug 2017
Katou got confessed to by some random dude and she rejected him because she's prioritizing her circle more!!

Katou has changed her look alot but still she's the goddess she was before.

Utaha is disappointed at Aki because she believes he doesn't appreciate Eriri's work!

And yes she's right. Believing in someone and appreciating their work is completely different.

Eriri completed her work but collapsed.

Aki go to her FAST!!!!!

Jan 16, 2021 6:32 AM

Jul 2017
This reminds me so much of some of the negative things about Oregairu, where everyone's just overly cryptic about their intentions and feelings that it affects the dynamics of the group or the project in this case. I can't blame Tomoya for being dense since its not like the others are helping his case by turning it into a mystery angle for him. As usual, the Eriri episodes just feel so tiresome to watch with the drama not connecting well with me at all. This wasn't as bad as the drama episodes in the first season with them arguing like 5 year olds about petty shit but this wasn't good either.
Jul 19, 2021 12:01 AM

Jul 2015
Well damn Tomoya really should've handled being a producer better instead of completely trusting his artist especially since he was uncertain if what he did was the right choice as Utaha warned him, because now he not only risks the game being unfinished but also Eriri's wellbeing.

Jul 25, 2021 10:18 AM

Jun 2020
Even Katou is being attractive to these guys and confessing to her what a long way she's come to and her hairstyle looks gorgeous I like the long hair, Oh Utaha you might have jinxed it

Looks like things are not as good as they seem, Utaha making Tomoya more and more anxious about what's to come and this is never going to end up being a happy conclusion

Damn it Tomoya can't see he's driving her to a corner oh god I don't feel so good after that cliffhanger Tomoya better take responsibility for this.
Dec 28, 2021 11:17 AM

Nov 2010
Tomoya should've taken Megumi's offer of visiting Eriri.
May 15, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2019
Kato disingenuously rejected that guy by stating that she would have more time to deal with the visual novel. The truth is, she probably likes Tomoya, but she carefully plays it down the deadline route.

Eriri's seeking some heavy validation from Tomoya, which is backfiring on her badly. She's trying to evolve her style to beat Izumi. This is why it's hard to mix business and pleasure. She needs a pep talk from Tomoya so everything stays on track.
Dante9231May 15, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 26, 2023 11:24 AM

Aug 2020
Tomoya being so dense that even Kato gets more worked up about things than he does. But he is probably so far into realizing his dream, and missing the signs that not everything is "ok" with the people around him. A learning process that reminds me a lot of the male protagonist from TWGOK, who is brilliant in applying his knowledge of the game world to the real world, but at some point forced to realize that this doesn't always work.
Feb 5, 2023 7:08 AM

May 2020
I couldn't care less about Eriri but man this epitome of dense protag and his infuriating actions throughout the episode almost made me feel sorry for her, even if it's the tiniest bit. But then again it was always coming, he's so down in his idea of the project that he can't even see the open indications girls were giving him since the start.

Megumi's the lone saving grace of this show. Also please melodrama under limits this episode henceforth.
Nov 7, 2023 3:40 AM

Aug 2023
Tako/Tomo being selfish here

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jan 13, 8:20 PM

Oct 2022
Man, this anime got deeper than I'd have imagined with this season. Watching it is quite an uneasy feeling...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

100 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 22, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

181 by RioAl »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

277 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

205 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by Strikrr »»
Jan 20, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.