Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2017 3:14 AM

Aug 2016
Every time there is a new update (like how now more voice actors and characters can be displayed on the anime pages), there could be a thread made by a moderator on a board made specifically for MAL updates. Those threads would announce what has been changed so people can be more aware, and people can comment their thoughts on the changes.

Also, maybe there could be updates regarding what's coming up next (unless it's a surprise) or maybe asking for opinions about a certain feature. The threads should be managed by moderators though, and regular members shouldn't be allowed to make threads on there.

Well I hope that made sense.
May 10, 2017 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
the last thing volunteer moderators and staff members need are more work though

i rather suggest the developers add some automated log page that is accessible by everyone, the log page will include any modification and addition to the database of MAL for example
May 10, 2017 4:18 AM

Aug 2016
j0x said:

i rather suggest the developers add some automated log page that is accessible by everyone, the log page will include any modification and addition to the database of MAL for example

I agree that the moderators and staff already have a lot of work to do, which is rather unfortunate.

Ooh, that would be interesting, and perhaps a better suggestion than mine.
May 10, 2017 4:46 AM

Nov 2014
Agreed. Whenever I notice change I go to forum to check what else changed and always end disappointed as there is no topic about it.
May 10, 2017 5:46 AM

Feb 2015
I think an update in Suggestion Board will be a good start.. :/
May 10, 2017 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, that would be useful, no, that should be essential... I just noticed that and was like "that is new" welp, good job MAL...
May 10, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:

Believe me you just don't want to give admin rights to many user even it is "additional DB"
May 10, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
sasalx said:
j0x said:

Believe me you just don't want to give admin rights to many user even it is "additional DB"

its not actually admin rights that is being suggested though

just some logs or history changes of the database

even wikipedia publicly displays database changes to an entry like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Neuroscience&action=history
May 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
sasalx said:

even wikipedia publicly displays database changes to an entry like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Neuroscience&action=history

Even with small changes you have to keep track of them. Like the link you posted. That means someone have to manage and check them. Probably additional work for DB mods or a new mod team for that. With the current situation of DB mods I think it is far from reality.
May 10, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
sasalx said:
j0x said:

Even with small changes you have to keep track of them. Like the link you posted. That means someone have to manage and check them. Probably additional work for DB mods or a new mod team for that. With the current situation of DB mods I think it is far from reality.

im suggesting this to be all automated though, no one on the volunteer staff needs to manage and check them manually

i know too well that the last thing the volunteer staff of MAL needs is more work so automation is better than adding more moderators at this point
May 10, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
sasalx said:

im suggesting this to be all automated though, no one on the volunteer staff needs to manage and check them manually

i know too well that the last thing the volunteer staff of MAL needs is more work so automation is better than adding more moderators at this point

Well even the site you gave as an example uses sysops and editors. Fully automated system is impossible sadly since we still cant code highly advanced VI or basic AI. That is why I said we need at least a team for that. You also need to add possible trolls.
May 11, 2017 12:00 AM

Jan 2009
sasalx said:
j0x said:

Well even the site you gave as an example uses sysops and editors. Fully automated system is impossible sadly since we still cant code highly advanced VI or basic AI. That is why I said we need at least a team for that. You also need to add possible trolls.

maybe Wikipedia is a bad example, i was thinking along the lines like the anime history on users profiles like you got here https://myanimelist.net/history/sasalx/anime so nothing too fancy that needs human moderation for it, its all automatic

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
8 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.