Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 2017
Good ep , but it seems like Shikadai Nara is so weak ,don't u think so , he didn't use much chakra he was not able to help someone from drowning , wasn't that weird ?! and what about this strange shadow !! does mitsuki have something with it ?!?! what did he mean by saying that he wanted to give them a push ?!? is it by saying that they must kill him , and finally is mitsuki bad or good < being a main character means that he's 70% good > but would it still like that ? or are we upping to the sec sasuke
May 10, 2017 7:40 AM
Nov 2014
FireFistYamaan said:
The problem with Boruto Next G so far is that the kids are to strong. Naruto and co could only perform substitue jutsus at the end of their academy years but these kids know full fledged typing jutsus with a huge variety.

Their dads and moms are jonin and they have "peace", not like the naruto's era. So they may have spent more time with them. And it doesn't seem like naruto can do anything more than shadow clones and little Shikamaru shadow paralysis. The one that is OP is Mitsuki, but it's not so surprising, considering that he... You know ;)

What I'm really surprised is how they portray Shino vs how he was in both Narutos. He's changed 180°
May 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Feb 2016
tambi33 said:
SenpieX said:
Anko was one of the hottest char in naruto.. Wtf did they do to her xD

that is so true. im crying inside

I had such a huge crush on her omg still do I guess, I mean she had always been a foodie lol we can see as much back then. Her metabolism is probably just weaker now, hence why she became fat
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

May 10, 2017 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
Age hit kurenai like a truck and fat anko :(

Shino not being himself made him weaker and predictable so they manage to stop him.
May 10, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
This ghost thing can really make the user very strong. Shino was no exception. All the three could do was run. But they came up with a good plan. They did good. Shino got to save Boruto and Mitsuki from drowning. It pains me to see Anko how she is now.
May 10, 2017 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
All those dangos must have gotten to her.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
BlackstarFallen said:
This ghost thing can really make the user very strong. Shino was no exception. All the three could do was run. But they came up with a good plan. They did good. Shino got to save Boruto and Mitsuki from drowning. It pains me to see Anko how she is now.

That's actually not the case. The ghost thing just seems to be amplifying people's rage. Some become more powerful when angry, while some like Shino did not. As Naruto said, good thing Shino wasn't himself otherwise Boruto and the others would have been so dead.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

May 10, 2017 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
i'm just waiting for boruto to say "you can't do that!" to our anti-hero mitsuki (potentially orochimaru)

terminator shino XD, i wonder if he actually has some power, or maybe limiter in his eye or just for the LULs

mitsuki hot hot

foreshadowing to naruto getting possessed ROFL

May 10, 2017 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, it's crazy to think how this could have turned out if Shino was actually himself and not possessed. I'm glad they threw that line in though, Shino to me has been a pretty underrated and underused character that didn't get much spotlight in the original series, so I'm glad they, at the very least, acknowledged just how strong he really is, even if we didn't get to actually see his strength. It was also nice to see the teamwork between Boruto, Shikadai, and Mitsuki.
thebrentinator24May 10, 2017 9:56 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 10, 2017 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
BlackstarFallen said:

This "ghost" amplifies raw power of people it possesses. Shino doesn't use brute strength to fight. He relies on strategy and thinking, while this "ghost" made him lose his mind. Basically, Shino is different type of fighter, he's like Shikamaru, Sai, Ino, etc. so this ghost actually made him weaker than he is supposed to be because he lost his intelligence and ability to plan/think properly. His techniques require thinking.
May 10, 2017 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
aemerr said:
Good ep , but it seems like Shikadai Nara is so weak ,don't u think so , he didn't use much chakra he was not able to help someone from drowning , wasn't that weird ?!

No, I think it's completely natural that Shikadai was not of much use here, as Shino's jutsu is a natural enemy of Shikadai's jutsu.
As far as swimming goes, he WAS exhausted of his chakra, and also is physically below-average like all the Naras.

bailin10 said:
What I'm really surprised is how they portray Shino vs how he was in both Narutos. He's changed 180°

I wouldn't say that Shino changed at all. He always tried to leave an impression of a cool guy, while in reality being a bit insecure. It's just that now it's more prominent now due to being both stressed and because his old behavior isn't as fitting for times of peace. I think he is one of those guys who is happiest on the battlefield or on the missions.
May 10, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
most action shino has seen since forever he even busted out a summoning technique which i don't remember him ever using it lol

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
May 10, 2017 12:09 PM
May 2016
Intresting episode, finally some of the show potential has been spotlighted. Sadly though , we haven't seen any clues for where the show is going. Don't get me wrong, the show was intresting up to this point. But this episode shows how big of the threat main heroes encountred and how relatively strong they are comparing with academy students from the Naruto.So the episode leaves me confused ,is this an all new story with references to the original(which means condescending attitude to all of this "establishing character of the main " thing , or is this a sequel just like Shippuden was. Then I have my right to complain boring,unrealistic and self-condradictory series has become.
May 10, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
Lol Shino op and dam that PV with a potential new waifu.
May 10, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode and that team work with Boruto Shikadai and mikisuki. Teared up with Shino sensei bond.
Omg anko!!!
Kuranai sensei! !!

Wonder if we'll see her child in this series?
May 10, 2017 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode, lots of fighting which we've all been waiting for. I'm surprised Shino didn't realize Mitsuki using the same arm extending jutsu that Orochimaru uses as well.

Ending was nice as well with Naruto and Shikamaru not blaming Shino.

Also that bug summon jutsu was really nice, I don't remember we ever saw that in original Naruto.
May 10, 2017 6:41 PM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry. Every time I see someone mourning over the death of Anko's sexy bod I can't help but laugh. Now on topic, I actually did like this episode, but I am disappointed that this dark chakra thing is going to be drawn out further.
May 10, 2017 7:21 PM

May 2015
I liked this episode because it brings that feeling from the time Naruto was a kid and he and the gang learning new life lessons...

krazykillerkurt said:
BlackstarFallen said:

That's actually not the case. The ghost thing just seems to be amplifying people's rage. Some become more powerful when angry, while some like Shino did not. As Naruto said, good thing Shino wasn't himself otherwise Boruto and the others would have been so dead.
This...

May 10, 2017 8:26 PM

Feb 2015
I can not think that Shikadai and Boruto are a copy of their fathers, they're just exactly the same. Shino didn't give a beat down to those three and they're still giving like clues in every episode, but it all fell like useless. I think that I'm not liking this show.
May 10, 2017 8:38 PM
Apr 2016
Nice animation bro, it will beat your name movie
May 11, 2017 4:59 AM

Jul 2016
This show is such a money grab.

Will likely be dropping.
May 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2016
again WTF did they do to Anko-sensei! Why just why! This was an alright episode and the action with Shino was meh at best plus we didn't really learn anything new about this nefarious plot involving the purple shadowy thing so that sucks! Mitsuki is for sure involved in some way or knows something that he's not speaking up about!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 11, 2017 8:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Here the mistery is this boy to the Sound Village, the genral plot, that is a continuation of the episode 5, was boring just, because if Shino fight seriously the three boys kids in 30 sec.!!! i remenber you that Shino was of the strongerst shinobis to Konoha!!!! and his bugs can kill and discover any enemy!!!!

Boruto every episode seems more his father Naruto.
Shikadai is the same to Boruto.
Where is the originality? Where is the singular personality of the characters?
May 11, 2017 8:49 AM

Oct 2015
It was a nice episode, and they finally start some sort of investigation. Though the preview seems such a let down for me. I understand they can do whatever they want with their series, it doesn't have a clear path, but I'd like the story to advance faster. The next episode seems way too random for me.
May 11, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
Ranxomare said:
Here the mistery is this boy to the Sound Village, the genral plot, that is a continuation of the episode 5, was boring just, because if Shino fight seriously the three boys kids in 30 sec.!!! i remenber you that Shino was of the strongerst shinobis to Konoha!!!! and his bugs can kill and discover any enemy!!!!

Boruto every episode seems more his father Naruto.
Shikadai is the same to Boruto.
Where is the originality? Where is the singular personality of the characters?

How is Shikadai the same as Boruto?
May 11, 2017 12:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
[quote=Z4k message=50689942
How is Shikadai the same as Boruto?[/quote]

He is not the same to Boruto, sorry if i explained wrong, he is the same to his father, Shikamaru, inteligent and tactic boy, the same personality the parent, with nothing to emphasize individually in his personality!!!
May 11, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2015
I'm liking the episodes and all, but we are on episode 6 and nothing too different happened besides that shadow thing, when the plot will advance?
May 11, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
Ranxomare said:
Z4k said:

How is Shikadai the same as Boruto?

He is not the same to Boruto, sorry if i explained wrong, he is the same to his father, Shikamaru, inteligent and tactic boy, the same personality the parent, with nothing to emphasize individually in his personality!!!

That's not true though. Shikadai is nowhere as apathetic or lazy as Shikamaru and actually has shown more enthusiasm than his father with the tests in the ninja academy. Sure he resembles his father and has some of his mannerisms like using his father's phrase but that's where the similarity ends.
May 11, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Animation quality is back to being pretty good. Nice variety of jutsu used this episode.
May 11, 2017 11:10 PM
Jan 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Nice episode.

So let me get this straight, unlike the others who were possessed before, Shino becoming possessed actually limited his ability to use his full power? Cause Naruto and Shikamaru both state that if Shino was going all out and in full control he would've wrecked Boruto and co.

To be honest, I couldn't accept how a Jounin like Shino could be outsmarted by a couple of kids even if they're pretty good. At his level he should've taken them down in seconds. The whole thing felt pretty contrived to me but this explanation at the end is good enough reason as to why the kids were able to take down Shino.

The teamwork was pretty cool and Mitsuki's abilities are great, I hope we see more of his abilities.
The drowning scene was a little on the melodramatic side but okay. XD

maybe it's because being possessed made him go all out in using his chakra instead of strategically preserving it
May 12, 2017 8:10 AM
May 2012
what the hell is going on
May 12, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2009
Yey! More Naruto and friends lol. XD
I think it won't be easy to replace their generation. :D

Okay so I feel like they're taking it slowly to get to the proper plot. I mean, at least an investigation is going to start now, right? :) I'm looking forward to everything related to it. :D

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 12, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2014
We finally got to see more types of jutsu!
Shino went berserk, and more people have noticed this 'thing' taking over people as it seems fit.
Now I wonder what they're gonna do about it.
May 12, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Cmon, put at least some effort in this.
May 13, 2017 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
The heck! the three kids defeated Shino?...hmmm well a snapped Shino is a bit no full control of himself...so that can be considered as a handicap.
Mitsuki got the ninjutsu wind skills and even lightning jutsu.
On a side note...Anko is sure fat ugly!
4/5.

May 13, 2017 3:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
My to have the presence possess Shino though lol
This will be a interesting fight
Guess it took advantage of Shino getting fed up of being not taken seriously by his students. Since it's boruto who does this the most guess who he is most angry at. Man the presence sure has made Shino a much darker person than before. Hmm's Mitsuki is able to use that kind of ability eh. Hmm of the original cast Shino is one of the few that have Jonin level abilities. The advantage that Shino's insects have is speed and as Boruto and the others are still in the middle of the forest getting out without being detected will be hard. Lol Anko really has got into eating in this era of peace lol. But its nice to see Iruka again though. Boruto and Shikadai's expressions as they ran in the tall grass though lol. Its nice that Boruto is with someone cautious like Shikadai though else he will get into more trouble lol. Don't speak of someone when you are running from them lol. Literally running from a tidal wave of insects lol. Hmm so water can act as a shield against the insects eh. But only if there aren't any paths on the flanks that they can use. I wonder is Mitsuki one of the causes of the presence in the village though. He seems to be at least observing Boruto's performance rather than helping him. Hmm i wonder is it because of Hyuga clan's eye abilities. If it is then Hinata and her clan mates should also be able to see the presence as well. Seems that Shikadai also suspects that Mistsuki knows more than he's telling.

Mitsuki does seem to be rather bloodthirsty doesn't he always going for the killing blow. Hmm as usual Shikadai's strategy does seem like it can work. Hmm a decoy strategy eh. Could work here actually. No one likes to be a decoy though i guess. Hmm using Mitsuki as a decoy is also a way for Shikadai to see what Mitsuki's abilities are eh. At this point I don't think either Boruto or Shikadai trust Mitsuki completely yet. If anything Boruto's tactics are too similar to what Naruto used which means that Shino knows this as well. Still being able to improvise is one of Boruto's strong points. Still have to say Shino is pretty impressive with his skills. Hmm taking advantage of Mitsuki's shadow arms eh smart. Lightning and water eh Mitsuki really is full of surprises. But man that display really used up all of Mitsuki's chakra though. Still it was nice that in the end Shino managed to save Boruto and Mitsuki though.

Pretty good episode actually as we got to see Shino's skill as a Ninja something that wasn't seen much even in Shippuden. The teamwork between Boruto, Shikadai and Mistuki was also pretty well done. Still at least Boruto has a lot more respect for Shino now. Mitsuki is still an enigma but it does seem that there's a story with him. He also seems to be learning from Boruto as well. It also looks like this threat is far more serious than initially thought though and that Naruto and the adults have noticed this as well. Given his skills Shino will be a great choice to investigate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 7:42 PM

Feb 2015
Anko :(

I miss Inojin but I'm glad Shikadai is around so much.
May 13, 2017 8:11 PM
Feb 2009
just saw the episodes and it feels like i was watching D gray man for some reason. the whole evil aura and eye that seems to come out from nowhere, at the very least world building is way superior to naruto original series.
daman246May 13, 2017 8:23 PM
May 14, 2017 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
It is kinda stupid that during fights Boruto is so strong but he could not even save Mitsuki from drowning...but guess they wanted Shino to be the big hero.
May 14, 2017 6:20 PM

May 2016
It's shocking to me that anybody was able to enjoy this?
May 16, 2017 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
I'm interested to know more of how Mitsuki is connected to this shadow stuff, but it looks like next episode will be focusing on Chouchou. Better sooner than later I guess? 😣
May 16, 2017 4:07 PM
Feb 2009
jadborn said:
It's shocking to me that anybody was able to enjoy this?

tell me about it, at the very least the ninjas are actually ninjas now, there is no more TBB and all these exploding mountains and stuff, but serious they need to drop the ninjas now we need something new, we all seen how charkra goes we dont need the same story twice
May 18, 2017 11:34 AM
Apr 2017
So, the show is progressing but again we stretch it, this time with Choji's kid. Good battle anyway, and at least Shino wasn't at his best.
May 21, 2017 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
See?! This is well done. They covered all the loopholes that could have happened. They explain how Shino would have crushed them if he was really himself and also Shikamaru and Naruto finally know that there is something going on.

May 25, 2017 4:42 AM

Apr 2015
Man Mitsukis lightning style jutsu was epic AF. Can't wait to see how really strong he is. Btw what did he mean by "my Sun" ? hmm

May 26, 2017 6:42 AM

Jun 2016
Shino was portrayed really weak this episode.
May 28, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2013
The atmosphere of this series gives me that early on Pokemon/Digimon feel to it lol. Especially when they're at the Academy.

All of y'all talkin' bout Anko's weight gain or Kurenai's wrinkles. They can't stay beautiful forever, y'know ;3
Jul 24, 2017 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
srafayms said:
Shino was portrayed really weak this episode.

Agreed, he got beat by 3 first year students with not that much trouble.
They did say at the end when Shino wanted to apologize to Naruto that it was lucky it wasnt actually him since they would have stood no chance.

So it's safe to say the person controlling them or putting a spell on them isnt able to make full use of their strength.
Jul 25, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2010
Who even cares for Shino xD They should have picked someone way cooler/more fun for a teacher, especially since we're getting a lot of school scenes for now. Like Tenten maybe?
Sep 18, 2017 7:32 PM

Dec 2014
Transfer student so suspect lol.

Baruto couldn't save his friend and didn't dwell on it. That's a new leaf for sure lol.

I'm liking it so much so far it def reminds me of early Naruto episodes.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Yesterday, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.