Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one has not touched alcohol, cigratte or any type of drugs?

New
May 10, 2017 2:18 AM

Jan 2017
I've talked to so many MAL users and most of them do these sort of things.
I am not saying it's bad, but as an otaku (not a weeb) I am only addicted to anime.
Anime (some of them) also teaches us that these things are bad, but still some of you anime fans do stuff like that. I am 18 and I can proudly say that I will never touch these things in my life. I am only addicted to anime. That's it!
Am I the only one who thinks like that?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 2017 2:20 AM

Jun 2014
swirlydragon said:
I am not saying it's bad, but as an otaku (not a weeb) I am only addicted to anime.
Anime (some of them) also teaches us that these things are bad, but still some of you anime fans do stuff like that. I am 18 and I can proudly say that I will never touch these things in my life. I am only addicted to anime. That's it!

24 and haven't either and never will. Anime is my alcohol and cute anime girls are my cigs.
May 10, 2017 2:22 AM

Jan 2017
Kagami said:
24 and haven't either and never will. Anime is my alcohol and cute anime girls are my cigs.

Finally found a person like me >.<
You are right!
Anime is our only addiction xD

May 10, 2017 2:25 AM

Jun 2014
swirlydragon said:
Kagami said:

Finally found a person like me >.<
You are right!
Anime is our only addiction xD
Nico Yazawa would never love me if I dared touch that stuff!
May 10, 2017 2:26 AM

Aug 2015
Yes.

Nothing wrong with a glass of red with a nice dinner.

Nothing wrong with the occasional cigar or smoke, as long as you are not HR Puff'n'Stuff with it.

Drugs? nah, bugger that, they are crap. Don't touch drugs, but not all alcoholic beverages are there for the purpose of drunkenness.

Wine is nice in and of itself, for all the different flavours and matching it up with the food you are eating. A nice port or sherry at the end of the day is nice. A nice cold beer on a hot day is nice. A nice high quality single-malt whisky or vodka is nice, so is a martini, or other cocktails.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
May 10, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
you need to at least to drink alcohol since you need it on social gatherings at your future job/s
May 10, 2017 2:27 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I don't think alcohol should be put in the same category as tobacco and hard drugs and other things of the sort since there are no real negative health effects provided you use it moderately and responsibly. It's a good social lubricant if you're shy.
May 10, 2017 2:33 AM

Jan 2017
j0x said:
you need to at least to drink alcohol since you need it on social gatherings at your future job/s

Well then I'll politely decline

Veronin said:
Well, I don't think alcohol should be put in the same category as tobacco and hard drugs and other things of the sort since there are no real negative health effects provided you use it moderately and responsibly. It's a good social lubricant if you're shy.

I can't control myself.
I know if I even taste alcohol once, I'll go all out and I'll probably become a drunkard who sleeps on the streets lmao
But seriously, I don't trust myself. I'll probably become a addict
Anime addiction is enough for me lol

May 10, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2011
You're not the only one. Unless you count caffeine.
May 10, 2017 2:37 AM

Feb 2015
I'm 30 and haven't touched any of those. Anime is obviously superior to all 3 of them.
May 10, 2017 2:39 AM

Jan 2017
Narmy said:
You're not the only one. Unless you count caffeine.

Nahh...don't count caffeine.
Caffeine is Ok lol

Milennin said:
I'm 30 and haven't touched any of those. Anime is obviously superior to all 3 of them.

Woah!!
I am proud of you :)
We need more anime fans like you xD

May 10, 2017 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
@swirlydragon - Your waifu will only love you if you don't touch those dirty things. Remember that!
May 10, 2017 2:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ehh I mean I can drink alcohol if I'm offered it but I don't really go out of my way to buy it on my own and I never go to drunken parties

Never touched cigarettes or drugs and I doubt I ever will. I don't have a deathwish

23 years old atm
May 10, 2017 2:42 AM

Jan 2017
Kagami said:
@swirlydragon - Your waifu will only love you if you don't touch those dirty things. Remember that!

Yeah lol
I'll remember it
Thnx for reminding me xD

HaXXspetten said:
Ehh I mean I can drink alcohol if I'm offered it but I don't really go out of my way to buy it on my own and I never go to drunken parties

Never touched cigarettes or drugs and I doubt I ever will. I don't have a deathwish

23 years old atm

Oh I see
We need more anime fans like you xD

Kagami said:
Nico Yazawa would never love me if I dared touch that stuff!

Yeah!
Never make her cry xD
swirlydragonMay 10, 2017 2:45 AM

May 10, 2017 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
I'm nearly 22 yo and same here, I just don't feel any interest on it at all.
May 10, 2017 2:46 AM

Jan 2017
MetaThPr4h said:
I'm nearly 22 yo and same here, I just don't feel any interest on it at all.

Finally!
I finally found people like me!
We shall rule the anime world one day ^_^

May 10, 2017 2:47 AM

Jul 2009
I got bored of alcohol quickly and never understood the appeal of cigarettes. I admittedly loved doing weed but that was back in my college years with friends. Not worth doing it anymore when you already have a career.
May 10, 2017 2:49 AM

Feb 2010
never tried cigrattes or drugs, can't stand the smell of tobacco also women who smoke get wrinkles early and look like gross so its double reason as for drugs too unhealthy. i dislike most of alcoholic drinks but some expesive wine, brandy or rum is nice to have from time to time, not much of a drinker tho can drink same bottle for few months or half year.
May 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Jun 2014
Don't do neither of those things either, 19 here. Tried alcohol before though, but I honestly can't see how people seem to enjoy it, it burns like shit and the drinks I tried tasted like shit too :') I'd rather kill myself slowly by ingesting things that I'd actually want to drink, like sodas and candy...

Having that said, I'd definitively drink alcohol some if I actually enjoyed it, so I can definitively see why people would too. None of us are gonna live forever anyway. I see my own health as a resource - not planning on wasting it all at once, but it also won't do any good to stop myself from enjoying things in order to try and preserve it.

Applying this mindset to the two other things though, I don't really think that most people who do drugs or smoke actually enjoy it tbh... They start due to social pressure and then get addicted and can't stop... It's a sad position to be in.
Throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack!

May 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Feb 2013
Never tried any drugs or smoked anything.
If you count as drinking a glass of wine or a glass of champagne on a special ocassion, I suppose that I've drinked, but I never got drunk and never will.
May 10, 2017 2:59 AM

Mar 2008
I used to think I would never have any of that and I actually didn't for most of my life. Only started drinking a few years ago and only had cannabis edibles like a year ago.
May 10, 2017 2:59 AM

Mar 2017
You're definitely not. I have a naturally obsessive mindset, but I'm only ever obsessed with one thing at any one time. I've never touched alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.
May 10, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2016
My friend trying cigarettes, getting drunk quite a few times and attempting to get her hands on drugs has completed deterred me away from all three. I'm never touching that stuff.

But, I'm only 14, so maybe I'll have to drink a bit of alcohol in the future...
May 10, 2017 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
About 250 babies are born every minute. So obviously not.
At any rate, things you do to your own body can only be so bad when you're going to die anyways.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 10, 2017 3:16 AM

Oct 2016
My friends/work colleagues go to bar every weekend but I'm here; posting in MAL and watching anime.... so yep, you're not the only one XD

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 10, 2017 3:25 AM

May 2012
I'd wager you've had caffeine which surprise surprise is a drug and there are studies that consider caffeine worse for you than alcohol and tobacco not to mention is moderation alcohol is good for you in a variety ways. Get off self-perceived moral high horse.
May 10, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Almost clean lol, I have tried some whisky so i do admit on drinking some alcohol

but in the other hand, drugs (alike weed) and cigarettes are no go for me
May 10, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2014
Dwlr said:
I'd wager you've had caffeine which surprise surprise is a drug and there are studies that consider caffeine worse for you than alcohol and tobacco not to mention is moderation alcohol is good for you in a variety ways. Get off self-perceived moral high horse.

Actually, there's also been several, recent studies that indicate that caffeine can be very beneficial to your health in small quantities, including the prevention of diabetes, some types of cancer, heart disease and other things...

May 10, 2017 3:44 AM

Oct 2014
Usually I only drink varying amounts of alcohol perhaps once every 3 months, i.e. a pretty negliable amount overall.

No interest at all in any other kind of drugs.

Well, I might drink ice-coffee in certain live phases, but that's about as far as it gets. I cannot even drink hot coffee or hot tea in the morning because it only makes me sleepy.
Grey-ZoneMay 10, 2017 3:47 AM
May 10, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
iLya said:
My friends/work colleagues go to bar every weekend but I'm here; posting in MAL and watching anime.... so yep, you're not the only one XD

Psh. Anime is way more important than going out with friends!
May 10, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2016
There's plenty of people who don't like these things.

I know there's nothing wrong with drugs and cig from times to times but I just can't. I have a sharp sense of smell and there's few things more disgusting than the perfume of cold cig on hands/clothing or burnt pot.
Also, all my friends smoke cigarettes and some of them already got health problems (~20yo). A lot of people I know who smoke pot got addicted and have since become bumbling idiots. I never tried and never will because I feel no need for it.

Alcohol is fine tough. It's arguably worse than the others I mentionned but it doesn't make you or the room you're in smell bad for hours. Still, I don't like the taste too much.

I'd rather be a badass and stick to tea and the occasional cup of coffee lul
Filthy_PlebMay 10, 2017 3:55 AM
May 10, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
The only addiction I have is my body pillow.
May 10, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
I haven't. I don't plan on smoking, but drinking sounds alright. And taking shrooms, as well.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

May 10, 2017 4:17 AM

Aug 2013
I have never touched cigarette and drugs, in my life I used only a little alcohol but very little, and I can say I don't like it, practically I'm straight-edge XD

Anyway I don't feel to need of this things, and I'm not interested to try.
I'm astonished so many people here have never used this things.
May 10, 2017 4:17 AM

Oct 2016
Kagami said:
iLya said:

Psh. Anime is way more important than going out with friends!

Wise words from Kagami-senpai (─‿‿─)/ sasuga

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 10, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2012
Velo said:
Dwlr said:

Actually, there's also been several, recent studies that indicate that caffeine can be very beneficial to your health in small quantities, including the prevention of diabetes, some types of cancer, heart disease and other things...

First off you clearly didn't read or didn't comprehend what you read.
There are studies that say caffeine is worse than alcohol and tobacco that is a fact regardless if there are studies that suggest caffeine is good for somethings. The thread was clearly taking a position of some sort of moral superiority by the tone of the opener, there are plenty of studies that are for alcohol being good for you and caffeine is used in several pain medications. Tobacco has historically been used for various medical practices, cocaine is still used in certain surgeries for it's vasoconstriction properties. None of that changes the fact that cocaine is pretty bad for you and Oxycontin is basically super heroine and yet it's used medically as well, having a positive effects doesn't mean something isn't poison. Caffeine was conveniently left off the list of the opener and caffeine has some nasty side effects that pretty much everybody seems to ignore and they tend to consume in larger quantities with the perception that it's not a drug and it's magically safe since it's in soda and you can give it to your kid.
May 10, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2015
I've never tried any "drugs," unless you count sugar, which I hope you don't, because then I'd be addicted as hell. Never had an interest in drugs and I don't think I will in the future.
May 10, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2014
Nah. 25 here and don't drink/smoke/drug simply because I decided I won't, back in middle school. Tho I'm kind of tea addict.
I met quite a lot of people who don't drink IRL and even more in internet, so I guess it's not that rare, especially if you consider some cultures and religions don't do it by default.
May 10, 2017 4:58 AM

May 2012
Terkhev said:
Nah. 25 here and don't drink/smoke/drug simply because I decided I won't, back in middle school. Tho I'm kind of tea addict.

And tea has caffeine so you do do drugs.
May 10, 2017 4:59 AM

Mar 2014
Poppy seeds have opiates so anyone who if you've chowed down on most muffins you are a drug doer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2017 4:59 AM
Jun 2014
You're still a baby. Don't bother with smoking and drugs, they're all useless habits. Drinks can be nice but wine sucks.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 10, 2017 5:05 AM

May 2012
WRYYY- said:
Drinks can be nice but wine sucks.

Beer is worse. Additionally beer isn't kosher, do have any idea how many insects in a beer? With acceptable levels of 3500 aphids per 10 grams of hops it gives a whole new meaning to the term bug juice.
May 10, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
Dwlr said:

First off you clearly didn't read or didn't comprehend what you read.
There are studies that say caffeine is worse than alcohol and tobacco that is a fact regardless if there are studies that suggest caffeine is good for somethings. The thread was clearly taking a position of some sort of moral superiority by the tone of the opener, there are plenty of studies that are for alcohol being good for you and caffeine is used in several pain medications. Tobacco has historically been used for various medical practices, cocaine is still used in certain surgeries for it's vasoconstriction properties. None of that changes the fact that cocaine is pretty bad for you and Oxycontin is basically super heroine and yet it's used medically as well, having a positive effects doesn't mean something isn't poison. Caffeine was conveniently left off the list of the opener and caffeine has some nasty side effects that pretty much everybody seems to ignore and they tend to consume in larger quantities with the perception that it's not a drug and it's magically safe since it's in soda and you can give it to your kid.

Being used medically to create a particular effect and having health benefits when ingested in moderation are fundamentally different things though... Both caffeine and alcohol belong to the second group. At this point, they are not poison, and unless you have some sort of sickness originating elsewhere, they shouldn't negatively impact your organism either. It's the excess of either of them that brings in the side effects. In fact, in excess, anything can become poison.

Your initial comment made it look like you were disregarding this entirely, in favor of proving your point on OP's intentions with this thread.. With which I agree to some extent, but in another I feel like it's natural for someone to feel pride in having been able to avoid going down certain roads... Whether that pride is justified or not is up for debate, but I still believe it's perfectly natural.

There's also more than just health implications regarding alcohol and drugs... Even if caffeine is objectively worse for one's health when consumed in excess in comparison to alcohol, it's much more common for the latter to destroy one's life than the first... To be honest, I feel like sugar would have been a better example of a substance for you to express your point. We consume it in ridiculous amounts, and obesity is a huge problem in most 1st world countries with direct social consequences for the affected (excluding the health problems that directly branch from it).

May 10, 2017 5:40 AM

Feb 2015
May 10, 2017 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
I'm "clean" too. Never got interested and it's expensive. Then again I pseudo-waste that saved money on video games (mostly).

Wait, does tea count as a type of drug? There were times where I drank 10 cups a day but now it's about 3.
May 10, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2015
swirlydragon said:

Same here. I never was interested in doing any of that stuff, and I'm still not. It's expensive, and I'd rather save my money or use it to support anime and manga creators.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 10, 2017 8:17 AM

May 2013
im pretty sure there is no correlation between liking anime and drug&alcohol use. It just so happens that the people you've spoken to are into or have done those things.
I think generally, drug and alcohol use often happen in group settings, so i guess people who are into the social scene will also be less active on a place like MAL.
May 10, 2017 8:35 AM

Apr 2017
Be proud of it, you're definitely better off without any of those things, you'll most likely have a longer life span than people like me! The statement above me is correct tbh I was in a group that did so it did have a substantial influence on me.

May 10, 2017 8:46 AM
Feb 2017

j0x said:

This isn't true at all. I've declined Alcohol at every social gathering relating to my past job(s). People would look at me funny and but in the end it never mattered because I've already got plenty of other people closer to me who aren't drinkers. Some of those people who drank at those gatherings are now alcoholics who can't even go a day without drinking now. They will have severe DTs when they decide it's time to quit.

@swirlydragon You have probably used prescription drugs that are worse on your body than alcohol or cigarettes. Even many antibiotics carry risks that are greater during therapeutic use. Stop being ignorant.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
BrandonMay 18, 2017 11:58 AM
May 10, 2017 8:48 AM

Jan 2017
Dwlr said:

What do you mean Moral high horse?
I clearly said:-
swirlydragon said:

themysticalegg said:
Be proud of it, you're definitely better off without any of those things, you'll most likely have a longer life span than people like me! The statement above me is correct tbh I was in a group that did so it did have a substantial influence on me.

lol
Thnx for the compliment

Rinar said:
I'm "clean" too. Never got interested and it's expensive. Then again I pseudo-waste that saved money on video games (mostly).

Wait, does tea count as a type of drug? There were times where I drank 10 cups a day but now it's about 3.

Nahh.. tea does not count as drugs lol
Almost everyone drinks tea :p

InsaneLeader13 said:
Same here. I never was interested in doing any of that stuff, and I'm still not. It's expensive, and I'd rather save my money or use it to support anime and manga creators.

You are a real anime fan
I RESPECT YOU! xD
swirlydragonMay 10, 2017 1:47 PM

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - 10 hours ago

19 by ArabianLuffy »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever tried to write fanfiction?

TheBlockernator - Aug 11, 2022

49 by Spunkert »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

71 by Ayumu0Kun »»
59 minutes ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

64 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

647 by zzz »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.