Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2017 7:59 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ep 2 is out with subs for streaming and torrent.
May 8, 2017 8:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I felt really bad for Kato's kid, and my second favorite girl after Yuki almost died too >.<

Other than that, it was nice to see the old crew again (And especially Yamamoto) and to get all of their insights on this new situation that's going on

This new threat is dangerous though, and now that they know about Earth I'm scared AF
May 8, 2017 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
Waiting for episodes will be a torture. Really glad they kept the opening theme. You just can't replace something like that. So far it looks really promising.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 8, 2017 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
I loved that they kept the scene of the meeting of the Yamato crew. I'm really hyped right now.
May 9, 2017 7:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Was that like literally a comet spaceship at the end or what? Looked absurd :o
May 9, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Welcome to Leijiverse where space trains are a thing, a comet spaceship is nothing xD
Aug 3, 2017 9:34 PM
Oct 2011
Tokoya said:
I felt really bad for Kato's kid, and my second favorite girl after Yuki almost died too >.<

Other than that, it was nice to see the old crew again (And especially Yamamoto) and to get all of their insights on this new situation that's going on

This new threat is dangerous though, and now that they know about Earth I'm scared AF

Yeah.

That was well done and yeah was especially looking forward to seeing her again.

Yeah. And the wait for more is going to be painful as this season gets going.
Aug 27, 2017 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
Excellent, as expected.

It felt a bit off compared to 2199 and the OVA, but I realise that even as a viewer, you really do miss Okita. That and the fact that Earth seems to be more like the bad guys now, with Garmillas being the wiser, though not necessarily the better.

The atmosphere is just completely different.

Also, the long-blonde-haired-female-alien-calling-out-from-lightyears-away theme, seemed somewhat familiar.

I do hope that Berger Fommt returns, I loved him in the OVA, and it'd make sense for him to play an active role in an Earth-Gamillan alliance, just like Kodai. I want some Gamillan tobacco too, it looked amazing. I imagine them to be something like kretek.

At the least someone should be producing those fancy Gamillan horizontal oriented torch lighters.

HaXXspetten said:

It's a quasar, a quasar armada =/ (*looks sceptical*).

Sado said:
"I'm fine with restoration, but i must doubts its direction."

Ouch,..
LaionidasAug 27, 2017 2:34 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 20, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2012
Yamato has perfected the art of ending an episode. How do you not drop your jaw when you realize Gatlantis has a comet as a dreadnaught?
Oct 23, 2018 1:41 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Digging it alot more so far, than I did when I first watched S1.
Those feels... SALUTE!!
May 5, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2012
Another superb episode, really strong pacing and the visuals are just great! Really looking forwards to see what will happen next!
May 24, 2019 1:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The atmosphere is really different. Yamato 2199 is almost sad now. All their sacrifices, and yes the Earth is rebuilt but Okita's promise was negated by his superiors and the Earth government are the bad guys now. At least his crew is loyal to a fault. A real tragedy the bit with Kato's kid too. Even the happiest bits of 2199 had sad consequences.

On a happier note, Akira is as gorgeous and perfect as ever and Gatlantis drives a star around. This is shaping up to be good.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 9, 2020 3:43 PM

Aug 2017
I like the intrigue being introduced, and the bits of opposing the corrupt government too. It's also interesting to learn about the evolution of Gamilas since Desler's death. Yamato crew's reunion was emotional and heartwarming, and Yuki and Kodai's relationship too.
By the way, I really enjoy the choice of a pipe organ for Gatlantis theme. Really sounds fitting, and it's also my favorite instrument.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 26 Discussion

9jaotaku - Apr 28, 2019

25 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 25 Discussion

9jaotaku - Apr 28, 2019

7 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 24 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 7, 2019

6 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 15 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 23, 2018

9 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 13, 2023 7:34 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 7 Discussion

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2017

5 by jiropracter »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.