Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
May 7, 2017 7:44 PM
Nov 2015
*SHOW SPOILERS AHEAD*

In episode 7 after Satoru comes back to the childhood timeline for the second time and once again sees his mother alive (around 04:30 in the episode). He begins crying and says, "Sorry mom, remember this. The fact is, you can go to Ueno without changing trains." which seems weird and out of place at the time as he wouldn't know that as a child. In episode 11 after the line was completely forgotten by the viewers and subsequently 15 years later in the story, his mother makes the trip and remembers the quote, (around 04:50 into the episode) to which after a flashback she replies "It's true. What was that about?". Though it may seem insignificant I find it strange that Satoru would tell his mother to remember it in such a heartfelt way as he did in the show without their being any meaning to it. It seems even more strange that his mother would then bring it up in such an important episode (11) when no one knows what had become of Saturo since the car was driven into the river in the previous episode. Does anyone else have any idea about why this line is significant or as to why it didn't seem to amount to anything after having the buildup in episodes 7 and 11? If anything I think this line could of been the gateway to a more satisfying ending than the one we got in episodes 11 and 12.
Jul 19, 2017 5:16 AM
Jan 2017
123rtyui said:
*SHOW SPOILERS AHEAD*

You must see episode 1
Sachiko asks Satoru.
"Can I go to Ueno without changing the train?"
In fact, at this time, Satoru knew that "you do not have to change"
But he said he was in a bad mood and did not know anything about it.

And in episode 7
He told the truth to his mother.
Because he was sorry for her
His only intention is that.

And she happened to remember it after 15 years. (in episode 11)
Oct 18, 2017 6:06 PM
Jul 2009
Pretty much what aksmfakt132 said, but I want to add on here.

Essentially it was Sachiko's last request to Satoru before she died and he, being cold and apathetic in this timeline, basically just shot her down and ignored it. In the altered timeline however, where Sachiko is alive and Satoru gains a new outlook, its his way of making amends with his deceased mother. It comes off rather subtle like you said but if you can make the connection, its emotionally heavy and meaningful, in my opinion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.