Forum Settings
Forums
May 6, 2017 8:12 AM
I need to know what happens after the end of the movie, where should I start reading in the manga, PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW

May 6, 2017 9:14 AM

May 6, 2017 9:19 AM
Retired

It was an anime original, the manga adapts the anime, not the other way around.

May 9, 2017 1:59 PM
Forum Moderator
Recolored Cloud

Thread Moved from Anime Discussion

Nov 17, 2017 11:49 PM
_Ako_ said:
Isn't that the end of it? Like in the anime.

can you explain ending of the movie, please? I somehow not sure of understanding. What happened to Takaki and Akari at the end? Why Akari with another Guy? Why in Epsiode 2, Takaki didn't recognize Akri in his dream? Thank you

Dec 9, 2017 4:57 AM

Faris_Eminem said:
_Ako_ said:
Isn't that the end of it? Like in the anime.

can you explain ending of the movie, please? I somehow not sure of understanding. What happened to Takaki and Akari at the end? Why Akari with another Guy? Why in Epsiode 2, Takaki didn't recognize Akri in his dream? Thank you

Ok the ending is pretty simple. Takaki, after he left from his meeting with Akari, continued to exchange letters. But as they did that, and time flew, they became afraid that the other may have forgotten about them, and the exchange of letters stopped.

They became adults, Takaki became a programmer but decided to quit early as he could not forget about Akari and regretted not talking to her anymore. Basically it ruined his job career, as he lived in the past, not the present.

Akari moved on by marrying a former high school student, which we have no info about. The very end scene shows them passing by where they used to go from and to school when they were kids. A train passes by after they cross, and Takaki turns back. He has a chance to meet her again in his hands, but decided to continue to walk in his way, having decided to move on too, like Akari.
Modified by Major_Gilbert, Jan 29, 11:27 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Preview MangaManga Store