Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 6, 2017 10:22 AM
May 2016
THAT CLIFFHANGER IS EVIL ARRRGH!!!
You're a stupid weeaboo grow up
May 6, 2017 10:28 AM

Mar 2015
UrbanJahts said:
The more I hear the OP, the more I'm living for it... it great

Does Todoroki have to be so mean about his rivalry... like can't it be one of those friendly ones where they just are Tryna best each other. Like Todoroki and Bakugo are so harsh about and Dekus like a "peaceful" rivalry... also Endover is really trash... wow, I'm surprised. Todoroki poor mother :(

Can't wait for the next episode !

I think you really cant compare Todo and Kachan treatment toward Midoriya, Todoroki shared a secret about his personal life and keep challenging him over and over, he really respects Midoriya and sees him a great rival, even Midoriya himself is keep wondering why the best guy in the class sees him as a rival, on the other hand Kacchan, the thought of him and Midoriya competing on the same thing sickens him to the core, he just don't want to acknowledge him.
kadiroMay 6, 2017 10:31 AM
May 6, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode, I can't wait to see the fights
Hi there
May 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
ok episode, i guess? i mean they could have just named it as THE EPISODE WHERE A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING HAPPENS and nothing would have changed a lot and they would have gotten a meta reference, which is always a good way to score brownie points with me.
Seriously, they could have moved that discussion b/w Midoriya and Todoroki to last episode's end and this episode would have basically revealed it's true purpose, which was to set up the next episode. i know i read the manga before, so i might be getting frustrated, but literally nothing of interest happens here. anime-only fans may just watch the first part and drop the rest to focus on exams or studies or whatever. i mean, i'm not bitter that i wasted the whole day to wait for this, no sireee!
but tbh, this flowed better in manga form. there, i said it!
R2May 6, 2017 11:39 AM
May 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Todoroki got boiling watered on his face from his mom :'(
1on 1 tournament now starting.
May 6, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Finally moving on to the one on one fights. Should be exciting.
May 6, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2016
Was quite boring to watch in all honesty since nothing really happened, hoping that next week's episode will be a bit more intense like the previous episodes
May 6, 2017 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
Whelp, this episode was pretty much an introductory ep for the one-on-one competition since nothing much happened..

Todoroki's backstory is hella sad though ;/
May 6, 2017 12:37 PM
Jan 2017
Um episodio muito divertido assim como todos têm sido, achei muito interessanto o passado do shouto saber aquilo pelo qual sua mãe passou e q foi mt triste!

Ansioso pelo proximo episodio pra saber se o deku irá ganhar o duelo ;)
May 6, 2017 12:40 PM

Oct 2015
For the curious, this episode adapted chapters 31 and 32.
May 6, 2017 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
Endeavor's flames and design overall didnt disappoint me
his voice is pretty badass too, Tetsu Inada do it again
May 6, 2017 2:32 PM

Jun 2016
Class A cheerleaders are looking good, and recreational game were just a waste of time.
Deku fell into the trap, damn.
May 6, 2017 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Man, the soundtracks in this show are so good. Also Todoroki's backstory seems really interesting, will be nice to find out more about him.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
Uraraka vs Bakugou LOL How is this going to go down?!
May 6, 2017 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
I felt this episode was slower and I wanted more from this episode.Hmm... there is lot of things in my mind but I hope next episode will please me as usual.
removed-userMay 6, 2017 4:04 PM
May 6, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
Shiota_Nagisa_ said:

he doesn't have a horrible personality. i don't know what you're talking about. i know using that quirk plus his appearance may make him look like a villain, but he does NOT have a horrible personality. he's not going to be a nice person? you'll be so surprised next episode. his personality is honestly the exact opposite of what his quirk and appearance may suggest.

Celoow said:
juicykitten95 said:

they left out more details from the manga

endeavors was abusing todoroki since he was 5 and his monther was trying to protect him until abusive relationship broke her to the point she even saw todoroki as an eyesore (todorokis left eye reminded her too much of endeavors eyes)

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point (being a hero is a profesion after all so its logical to assume that lots of heroes are prioritizing their own ego and status instead of saving people which im sure is the motivation behind our main villain)

They did not left anything at this point, stop spoiling.
in the manga, this flash back happened
, so yeah, the anime didn't leave out anything.

and to those saying nothing happened in this eps. shounen animes isn't all about action O.K.? if you want action u can go watch naruto where a battle can last hundreds of episodes.
May 6, 2017 6:08 PM

Nov 2015
Tyrel said:
Very slow episode. Felt one piece like slow

No it's naruto slow. Naruto would always end on cliff hangers in it's tournament arc.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 6, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2015
SHSL-HopexLight said:
juicykitten95 said:

they left out more details from the manga

endeavors was abusing todoroki since he was 5 and his monther was trying to protect him until abusive relationship broke her to the point she even saw todoroki as an eyesore (todorokis left eye reminded her too much of endeavors eyes)

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point (being a hero is a profesion after all so its logical to assume that lots of heroes are prioritizing their own ego and status instead of saving people which im sure is the motivation behind our main villain)
I think u just spoiled about stuff that was going to be told later....

Yeah you just spoiled something. it will go in to more detail about the flashback later on if you would just wait.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 6, 2017 6:21 PM
Feb 2016
Are we ruling out a potential fight between All Might and Endeavor?!

Also, Shinso's quirk seems to be mind control, under the prerequisite of spoken acknowledgement. It seems that you must consciously and verbally react/reply to anything Shinso says for the mind control to take effect. That said, what are the limits? Is the shear power of the One For All enough to break the mind control, or does it take some extraordinary mental fortitude? I'm certain Deku will turn this around, so I'm interested in discovering the mind control weaknesses they will inevitably display for him to do so.

May 6, 2017 6:46 PM

Dec 2013
I'm really looking forward to these fights!

Todoroki's accusation was hilarious
May 6, 2017 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
The episode was more to continue the story. Lots of blabla But the end....OMG...i cant wait to see the next one!!! I dont mind if he loses the fight, but at least i want to see him getting a sponser, you know? I want to see more of Tsuyu Asui, she's my favorite character!!

PS: I didn't read the manga, no spoilers ;)
May 6, 2017 7:07 PM
Sep 2016
IDK Y everyone feels sry for todoroki's mom. She took out all of the stress she had with his dad and put it on him!! Just because ur marriage aint woriking out, dont mean ya gotta take it out on ur son.
May 6, 2017 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
Deku's right, Todoroki's backstory is really for a main character. But damn, Deku don't let it get you, show him that your worth to be a top hero and All Might's disciple. Though I both cheer on them xD And Deku must beat the ass of that Endeavor, valuing status as a top hero than saving people.

Mineta so damn hilarious this episode.
May 6, 2017 7:52 PM
Apr 2017
MasterHavik said:
I saw some people whining that this episode was bad all because there wasn't any action. Sigh....I get sick of people just wanting nonstop action without setup. I am they setup things first before moving forward. It is gonna be interesting seeing the first round matchups. I am wondering how they'll do Ochako vs. Bakugo. Really hope no one get jobs out here and they try and make everyone look strong.

Hello how are you
Awesome comment and this is the truth
I mean studio works hard to show the most beautiful anime
And forced him to prepare and basically we do not follow Dragon Ball
Or a man of one punch to see every minute fight, but this is anime
It is arranged in events so that the context is logical as far as possible
Thank you
May 6, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
what a back story from todoroki.
May 6, 2017 8:27 PM

Feb 2015
The developing of Todoroki is impressive, also the reason of his behavior and the hate to his father, he just feels like a tool. Sometimes I think that the characters animation should be more fluid like All Might talking to Endeavor. I hope hero academia doesn't get fairy tailed like the cheerleaders scene of the girls, looking like that only for the service, this anime have been serious and is great like that.
May 6, 2017 9:05 PM

Feb 2013
dicecop said:
nurBAW said:
Calm episode before we get 1 vs 1 battle...

- Bakugo heard Deku and Todoroki conversation was nice touch.
- Kaminari and mineta... that was really nice idea...
- Momo look more cute in each episode, and LOL at her face when she knew that she gonna face tokoyami.
- Uraraka vs Bakugo? WTF? can't wait to see it.
- kirishima vs steel guy may be hilarious
- Kendo from class B was definitely nice and cool girl or strange? hope to see her more next time

- it look like purple guy from class D has control mind ability? But for how long? and is there a way to break it?

Bakugou vs Uraraka will be lit af

To be honest I don't think uraraka can stand against bakugo at all. Her quirk is not suitable for battle in the arena, especially when her opponent is bakugo. Even though she touch bakugo with her zero gravity, bakugo can still attack her because he can use his quirk to push himself toward uraraka. It means her quirk pretty much useless. But, because of that... I really want to see it, I want to see how uraraka will surprise me in her battle with bakugo.
May 6, 2017 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
WOW what a great episode! Todoroki has a darker past than I expected and I feel bad for him but I still want Midoriya to win the tournament. btw Endeavor is trash I hope he sees his son as more than just a vessel for him to use to reach his goals. I've had a bad feeling about that Shinso dude and it looks like he has a very powerful mind control like ability which could cause some major troubles for Midoriya! Invisible Girl is best girl!!! I mean did you see how she filled out that cheerleading uniform (cue nosebleed). I can't wait for more tournament action!!! PLUS ULTRA!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 6, 2017 11:45 PM

Oct 2016
This show is quickly becoming one of my favourites, im in love
May 6, 2017 11:47 PM
Oct 2007
How does ice compliment / strengthen fire logically? Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 11:54 PM

Feb 2015
Oh come on Deku. That bait was hella weak.
May 7, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2014
oh so much drama in talk and all...waitng for the next episdeo for some action
May 7, 2017 5:18 AM

Apr 2014
حلقة جميلة

May 7, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good episode. Matchups seem nice.

Bakugo vs Uraraka seems pretty cool

Also want to see Momo vs Tokoyami.
May 7, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2008
Some people here should drop the anime and watch some amv.
Anyway, awesome Episode as ever.
May 7, 2017 7:21 AM
Oct 2016
Shiota_Nagisa_ said:
DeadeyeReViVal said:

*giggle* Screenshot on Kissanime, so ILLGEAL. LOL (I was joking apparently)

:') I dunno where else to watch things to be fair LOL. I'd die without my weekly dose of my gay lil aspiring heros... I'm already dying for next weeks to the extent I already looked up Shinso's Quirk... I can't handle waiting.

Seeing that you are from England there should be some official streaming services available to you.... but oh well.. 7-10 Pounds is a real fortune, ain't it?
May 7, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
Endeavour act more like a villain than a hero, just because he's number two. if this continue, I think someday there might be clash between heroes.

Todoroki gonna drag Deku to his own desire, to win what his father can't (but with his mother's power).

Deku's body now can only sustain 5% of his power. but he still can't control it. when it will be?

I wonder who was that purple guy quirk. some kind of wordplay? it's like if someone says to him, it's gonna fell into his quirk.
May 7, 2017 8:27 AM

Jan 2013
A break from the intensity in the last few episodes. Well, can't say It was needed but I'll give this ep a pass. It did feel slow indeed.

I hate that guy Midoriya's up against.
May 7, 2017 9:31 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
NeonCountess said:
Shiota_Nagisa_ said:

:') I dunno where else to watch things to be fair LOL. I'd die without my weekly dose of my gay lil aspiring heros... I'm already dying for next weeks to the extent I already looked up Shinso's Quirk... I can't handle waiting.

Seeing that you are from England there should be some official streaming services available to you.... but oh well.. 7-10 Pounds is a real fortune, ain't it?

Hahaha yes. I'm always broke. The life of the unemployed ;-; I blow all my money on Manga.... rip.
May 7, 2017 10:01 AM

Aug 2016
I hope Midoriya can win his fight, I don't like the idea that he can't exploit his power to the full, I hope he has a breakthrough in the next few episodes.

5/5
May 7, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2016
Not enough frog girl.
May 7, 2017 1:03 PM

Apr 2017
I want to see 1vs1!!
I can't wait for the next chapter!
May 7, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
Goddammit. Why does best girl Momo have to battle with best friend Tokoyami in the first round?

May 7, 2017 3:28 PM
Oct 2015
well im pretty sure everyone grew to hate endeavor after this episode. damn i always think of akainu when looking at this mother fucker
May 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2014
nurBAW said:
dicecop said:

Bakugou vs Uraraka will be lit af

To be honest I don't think uraraka can stand against bakugo at all. Her quirk is not suitable for battle in the arena, especially when her opponent is bakugo. Even though she touch bakugo with her zero gravity, bakugo can still attack her because he can use his quirk to push himself toward uraraka. It means her quirk pretty much useless. But, because of that... I really want to see it, I want to see how uraraka will surprise me in her battle with bakugo.
yes yes yes..... this is exactly the kind of reaction i want to see. the more you think this way, the more you'll be surprised by their fight....i honestly can't wait to see how you'll react when that episode airs...
May 7, 2017 4:16 PM

May 2014
Okay so I like Todoroki a little more after learning some stuff about him, although he's still a bit too much of an archetypal rival character imo.
Nothing too surprising about his past- his dad's apparently one of those power hungry over-achievers and married his mother for her quirk.
Clearly, she isn't too happy about being forced into a loveless marriage and...decided to burn her son's left side bc it reminded her of her husband (okay that part surprised me a bit).

More of a downtime episode before the good stuff- one-on-one matches in tournament arcs are the best!!
Bakugo vs. Ochako, eh? How the hell is that matchup gonna work?!! XD

Definitely liking Shinso a lot.
I knew he was shady...well, nobody with a hairstyle like that isn't shady tbh.
His power seems like something different too- seemingly to do with the control of his opponents based on whether they answer him or not (?)
I have a feeling Midoriya is gonna lose to him for some reason...I know Deku is pretty sharp, but this guy plays his cards real close to his chest,

Either way, I can't wait till next ep!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2017 4:29 PM

Apr 2009
I'm rooting for you Todoroki! Don't let Endeavor use you!

Deku will pull through somehow. Excited for all of these fights!
May 7, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2009
Todoroki's mom is crazy wow.
May 7, 2017 4:49 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
That All Might and Endeavor scene, the tension between them seems really personal. It's pretty sad to know Todoroki's dad only want's him to be the best hero and nothing else. That seems like bad parenting. On the other hand, we're finally down to the final event with Deku facing off against the Hitoshi.

Also, all the girls in cheerleader outfits was cute as hell. They all rock it especially Ochako <3
May 7, 2017 6:28 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty tame episode compared to the rest, looks like it was a calm before the storm.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2017

205 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 11, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 15, 2017

227 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 9, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 9, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.