Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 9, 2017 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
Tournament hype! Cheerleader fanservice hype!
May 9, 2017 6:27 AM
May 2017
"Oh no, Deku is being mind-controlled! He is going to drop of the tournament at first stage"- No One Ever

Good episode btw. Kinda slow and filler-like, but still well animated and fairly enjoyable.
May 10, 2017 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
Everybody's like,"I wanna be the best!" Nobody's like,"I wanna save lives!"

I absolutely love this anime, but... come on! Where's the Mumen Rider type??? It's upsetting that no one cares about actual people.
May 10, 2017 8:40 PM
Nov 2015
BonkyTrollDoll said:

I absolutely love this anime, but... come on! Where's the Mumen Rider type??? It's upsetting that no one cares about actual people.

This is a really important fact adressed later this season, so do not worry.
May 11, 2017 8:39 AM

Nov 2014
BonkyTrollDoll said:

you're see it later this season, if they make it to it. that's when bnha truly starts to shine, start to show that it's not just a normal black and white hero shounen anime, it's something more, something darker, that delves deeper into the human psyche, shows how the hero society is corrupted
May 11, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2014
After such a long and intense convo Midoriya falls for it lol.
Well he's not stupid so let's see what he's got up his sleeve.
juicykitten95 said:
leesunrie said:
todoroki's backstory is too dark.

they left out more details from the manga

endeavors was abusing todoroki since he was 5 and his monther was trying to protect him until abusive relationship broke her to the point she even saw todoroki as an eyesore (todorokis left eye reminded her too much of endeavors eyes)

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point (being a hero is a profesion after all so its logical to assume that lots of heroes are prioritizing their own ego and status instead of saving people which im sure is the motivation behind our main villain)

I wonder if they'll point these things out in the future. I do hope so.
May 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Sep 2014
Am I the only one that is annoyed by how much they stall every episode? The intro is already longer then usual, then they repeat the last episode for like 5 minutes. But I guess that is what happens whith 2 cours..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 12, 2017 3:28 AM

May 2009
I binged the whole show up to this episode in a few hours, it's stressful actually having to wait for the next episode now!!
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

May 14, 2017 6:25 AM
Feb 2017
HOLY SHIT im pumped
May 18, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
I don't understand why we're having this instead of the finals. The explanation was kinda confusing. Does this basically mean nothing (that is, it's just a spectacle) at the end of the day?

The confrontation about being number 1 is really cheesy. Sure, it may be a personal obsession of yours, but does someone who's supposed to be a hero need to make such a fussl over it?

Not a big fan of the foreshadowing. Dude tells Deku not to answer his opponent, but doesn't explain why... then Deku goes ahead forgets what he was told and answers anyway... extremely convenient. Might as well just make the foreshadowing more subtle if you're going to make the characters behave without using their brains otherwise.
May 19, 2017 1:52 PM
Apr 2014
Damn Uraraka has such bad luck. Bakugou in the first round already. What is she supposed to do against that lol

Also rather surprising that two guys stepped back from their position. And Ojiro even warned Midoriya for his first match. I mean it's not like people in his class actually hate him but I didn't think anyone would go out of their way like that. The rival thinking seemed pretty bad when they started the event.

I'm really hoping Midoriya gets back into the match after he fucked up so early in his fight. I mean Ojiro even warned him and he still fell for it. Would be kinda sad if he loses in the first round already. Especially after he was saved by Tokoyami in the previous round.
May 30, 2017 4:30 AM

Jun 2013
Todoroki thought that Deku was All Might's secret love child. OMG! XD

Now that I think about it. We rarely see All Might's eyes. It's usually just black and these shiny little blue pebbles in the middle.

So some people such as Endeavor, choose a spouse based on their quirk and have children with them just to strengthen their own quirks. Todoroki seems to abhor his father with a passion.
臭い-
Jun 6, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 2015
Oh dang Todoroki's backstory is dark. Like Bakugo just wants to win and Deku just wants to make sure all of his support isn't put to waste, but Todoroki is jut "hey I was forcefully made and I wanna prove my dad wrong by not using the power he gave me".
I think whoever that purple-haired guy was, Hitoshi (I think? Not too sure) is kind of interesting but at the same time I don't really care about him. (Well, clearly because I can barely remember his name). His quirk is probably something like mind wiping though, since the two who withdrawed mentioned losing their memory of the battle except the end.
Jun 23, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Anyone voiced by Yuki Kaji always has a tragic backstory.

Shiso kid probably uses mind control or something. Is that even fair lol
Jul 7, 2017 3:09 AM
Mar 2012
ttcchen said:
BonkyTrollDoll said:

you're see it later this season, if they make it to it. that's when bnha truly starts to shine, start to show that it's not just a normal black and white hero shounen anime, it's something more, something darker, that delves deeper into the human psyche, shows how the hero society is corrupted

sounds good.
Uraraka wants money...
for her parents.

Todoroki oh that backstory, he's kinda hot. Osts just fabulous.
Waiting for mc to go 5% to 100% like mob psycho.
Jul 18, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
So now we know what really happened to Todoroki's face. When he first appeared in BnHA, I thought the red spot on his face was part of him for being a quirk.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 30, 2017 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
dicecop said:

Bakugou vs Uraraka will be lit af

Interesting, because it certainly doesn't sound like a particularly hype matchup.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 30, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2017
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
dicecop said:

Bakugou vs Uraraka will be lit af

Interesting, because it certainly doesn't sound like a particularly hype matchup.

Well, considering that the episode aired in like May you could have always just watched it instead of commenting :P It's one of my favorite parts of the arc because of how fucking badass she is
Jul 31, 2017 5:23 PM

Sep 2014
Jaecp said:
Ston3_FreeN7 said:

Well, considering that the episode aired in like May you could have always just watched it instead of commenting :P It's one of my favorite parts of the arc because of how fucking badass she is

Yeah, I was also like dafuq dit this come from. This happened like months ago lol ;D
Jul 31, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
You guys not familiar with the concept of watching stuff after it airs?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2017 1:24 PM
Jul 2017
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
You guys not familiar with the concept of watching stuff after it airs?

Lol, clearly, that is the takeaway here
Sep 23, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
I don't see why todoroki sides with his mother after she pours boiling water on him.

Sep 29, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending! Pretty damn impressive development, let's see what's next.
Oct 1, 2017 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
Ugh, as expected it turned into a tournament fighter. I just hope this won't last for the entire season. Would be super lame.
Oct 4, 2017 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
I can't believe Midoriya is that stupid. You were warned not to say anything and you let yourself get baited by some taunting. You're not Bakugo ffs >_>
Oct 14, 2017 12:02 PM

May 2010
Man, Shouto's backstory is harsh :/ And yet he still seems to respect Midoriya for whom he is, which instantly makes him 10000x better rival than Bakugo, ugh. I hope they become more of friends in the future :3

I honestly don't believe that Midoriya would take opponent's bait just like that, at least from what we've seen of him up until now. I think he has his ears plugged and is just acting based on what the blond-guy told him, or something similar.
Oct 31, 2017 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
Urgh this series is just too good. Really loving the character development amidst the competition, and it isn't even against the real big bad!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 17, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2013
YOU FOOL!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<
Nov 17, 2017 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
So sorry that fire/ice-kun had a rough time with his old man...but he's still a jerk

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
I feel sorry for Todoroki and his mother. His father is such an idiot. Just because he couldn't beat All Might he now uses his son. And to cap it all Endeavor married a woman just for her ability....
That must be hard for Todoroki. I was wondering about that red spot in his face. So it's from a burning with water which his mother throwed in his face.

The speech of Midoriya was epic especially with the OST, gave me a little bit chills. Bakugou heard everything they said, would be cool to know what he thinks about it.

Mineta is such a rascal. He persuaded the girls to wear these cheerleader outfits which created a nice fanservice. Ochako and Momo looked so sexy in it.

And now the last round has begun. Interesting pairings. Shinsou is a mystery for me. What the heck is his ability. Ojiro gave up without any hesitation and why did he advise Midoriya not to say anything to Shinsou?

I also don't understand what happened to Midoriya. He seems like hypnotized. Shinsou didn't do anything besides from saying something. Hopefully Midoriya will be able to beat him. In the next round Todoroki for sure will be his next opponent.

Jan 13, 2018 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
Oh God that cliffhanger.
Why on earth would you respond to that Deku?! Usually he uses his head a bit more than this...

Todoroki is an interesting character, I'm liking him.
Feb 28, 2018 11:17 AM
May 2016
does anybody have a clue to where to find the slow you say run version they used in the conversation when deku said that he accepts the challenge?
im seriously searching for this ost but i cant find it;
also it should be released because the whole s2 ost got released some months ago or am i wrong ?
Aug 12, 2018 2:22 AM

Jun 2013

LOL Todoroki thought Deku was All Might’s love child. Okay. Hahaha XD

Poor Todoroki, his father’s an asshole. Doesn’t see him as a kid but as an investment. It reminds me of some parents, especially in some East Asian countries.

I like how the American team has weird pointy noises. The girls look hot in their cheerleader outfits, notice how all of them are thicc?

Also, Kendo choosing Monoma Keito as her ‘perverse person.’ Lol

I guess if you answer that guy, he gains control over you or something like that.

臭い-
Aug 21, 2018 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, anime Zuko's backstory is just as sad as cartoon Zuko's. But at least cartoon Zuko's mom was on his side and wasn't the one who burned half his face off.

And fucking Deku. You had one job.
Oct 22, 2018 4:20 AM

Apr 2013
The cheerleader outfits were a treat for the eyes, class 1-A has a bunch of hotties for sure. Too many good girls to decide who's the best though.
I thought why Midoriya was so dumb to reply to him after being warned by Ojiro before, but it seems like they talked about his abilities a bit more specifically before the match. So I assume Midoriya has a plan and did it on purpose.
Dec 2, 2018 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
NO, DEKU! /facepalms

am i the only one who thinks it's a bit uncharacteristic of midoriya to be this careless when he was warned before? i mean, he's the boy who keeps notebooks and notebooks about every hero's quirks...
Jan 26, 2019 12:18 AM
Apr 2018
Wow, Deku being a dumbass and falling for painfully obvious bait despite being warned like 5 minutes earlier.
Jan 27, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2016
Todoroki had some suspicions about Deku's connections to All Might but after finding out that it wasn't the case, he had the courtesy to answer the question thrown at him. Arranged marriages suck and having to deal with that every single day with someone like Endeavor must've been agonizing but pouring hot water all over your son's face because it reminds you of your estranged husband is just insane. Endeavor isn't any better and is arguably worse because the pressure's immense and he treats his entire family like tools too. Who knows what he did to them behind doors.

We had some great cheerleader fanservice from the Class A girls thanks to Mineta and Kaminari and they couldn't stop now that they've come all the way out here so they gave their all in the recreation games. Ojiro and the other guy withdrew from advancing to the next round because of their pride preventing them from going on without doing much compared to the others. He went as far as to tell Deku about Shinso's secret ability but he fell for it immediately anyway. He's a first-class trashtalker.

May 17, 2019 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
I really love Shoto. He is one of my favorite characters in this show. I feel sorry for him when he tells his backstory.

Shoto: Are you All Might's secret love child?
Deku: [WHAAAAAAAAT???]

Lol @ Deku's reaction.

Lol @ the scene wherein the Class 1-A girls wear cheerleader outfits. They are tricked into wearing them by Minoru and Denki. HAHAHAHAHA. XD

I can sense that Hitoshi can control people's minds. Certainly, this guy is the reason why Mashirao withdraws from the tournament. Mashirao even warns Deku not to talk to Hitoshi.

So it is Deku vs Hitoshi. From the start, Deku is frozen! Hitoshi's quirk is powerful.

May 24, 2019 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
unseeded tournament bracket? lol.
Jun 8, 2019 10:44 PM
Apr 2019
Why are Shinso and Monomo not main characters?

I am very angry at this, both amazing quirks but just pushed to the sides as extras, I need to call the department for such crimes
Jul 27, 2019 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Whoah, it was surprising to learn Todoroki's backstory. He went through a lot. Damn that Shinso guy. Deku, dekiru!!!!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 14, 2019 9:56 PM
Mar 2019
"I win..."
That chilling swagger from Shinsou is perfect
Feb 8, 2020 7:05 AM

Feb 2017
LMAO at the phrase "All Might's secret love child," Great, now I'm picturing All Might and Deku's mom doing it. There's a line for the doujin writers out there, as if it hasn't been explored already.

May 26, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2019
Uraraka vs Bakugo is going to be boring af honestly.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 13, 2020 9:59 PM
May 2020
poor shoto!
Omg... Tsuyu in a cheerleader dress... So cute! >_<
Jul 24, 2020 11:59 PM

Jul 2020
Yay we finally got some backstory for Todoroki! Looking forward to the upcoming fights.
Sep 17, 2020 8:18 PM
Feb 2019
Why do the "Americans" have weirdly pointed noses? I guess they're all related to the belly laser guy.

Major idiot ball episodes, the girls were tricked into cheer outfits in a stupid way and Midoriya immediately fails to withstand the Quirk tail guy warned him about.

It was pretty funny when All Might smacked Midoriya though, and we got some more backstory for Todoroki, although it's basically the same as before, his dad is an evil flaming asshole. There are so many characters it's hard to get invested in any of them, this is the same problem I had with Ass Class. I end up not caring much about any of them because their stories are so numerous and fragmented.
Sep 17, 2020 8:23 PM
Feb 2019
eski514 said:
LMAO at the phrase "All Might's secret love child," Great, now I'm picturing All Might and Deku's mom doing it. There's a line for the doujin writers out there, as if it hasn't been explored already.

Midoriya should have just ran with it, less suspicious than what he ends up saying.
Nov 23, 2020 11:22 AM
Sep 2020
I am kinda interested in the quirk of midoriyas opponent
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2017

205 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 11, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 15, 2017

227 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 9, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.