Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Jun 20, 2017 11:18 AM
Damn it, that was unexpectable!

Jun 20, 2017 6:41 PM

Is this for real? FOR REAL REAL?

Omg what was that episode. I couldn't even close my mouth by how overwhelming this was. At this point it's definitely save there's no hole in the wall and atm they can't even do anything about it.

At first Reiner seemed relativley normal, besides that he had pain from his arm. When he cassualy said "Hey Eren I'm the Amored Titan and Berthold is the Colossal Titan and we want to destroy the whole humanity", I was like what? Wait what did he say? I really thought I missheard. But after they showed the flashback 12 hours before that scene everything got clearer. Armin put piece for piece together and now it's makes sense. How else had Reiner survived the attack of Annie in S1? Why was she staring at her hand? As a non manga reader you don't that there's anything wrong with it.

Even if I knew or had a hint about Reiner being the Armored titan I had never ever expected Berthold to be the Colossal one. Holy shit. That Mikasa scene when they tried to transform and she injured them. But even with that she couldn't stop it.

These transformations *.*

I feel Eren. Reiner was always a character I really liked and no he's a bad guy -.-
I wonder even if Eren also tranformed how they want to stop 2 of the strongest titans? I mean the Colossal titan is gigantic. Anyway this was the best episode so far. Damn.
Modified by Natsu88, Jun 20, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 27, 2017 1:26 AM

Binge watched this and the whole sequence leading up to the reveal is the best moment in any anime I've ever watched.
Been rewatching this scenes a lot and I still had chills. Great stuff.

I got spoiled years ago but never read the manga.

If only I didn't know, the reveleation would be 10000x times better and I can't even begin to imagine how great it is.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"

Jul 3, 2017 12:13 PM

Fucking hell, next thing you know everyone's a fucking titan! Didn't expect those two guys being those two titans who pretty much fucked up everything!

Pretty crazy if you ask me, but well let's see what's next.

Jul 8, 2017 1:56 PM

Reiner said the truth to Eren like it was the most normal thing ever!!!
Mikasa is always amazing.

Jul 9, 2017 4:47 PM

Noooo don't take away Reiner, he was my favorite char, though i figured out he was probably armored titan in Tower arc, his face looked almost same as armored titan

take Historia with you Reiner :D
Modified by lakisa, Jul 9, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 13, 2017 10:58 PM

Yoooooo. I thought Connie was the Colossal Titan. Massive disappointmeeent.

Jokes. But seriously though. Each one of the titans had a resemblance to their character except for the Colossal.

Jul 14, 2017 1:24 AM

NicTac said:
Yoooooo. I thought Connie was the Colossal Titan. Massive disappointmeeent.

Jokes. But seriously though. Each one of the titans had a resemblance to their character except for the Colossal.
Colossal titan is tall and Bert is tall isn't that a resemblance.

Jul 15, 2017 5:20 PM
bastek66 said:
That was perfect adaptation.

how not to do a plot twist I mean WTF

Jul 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Splashback95 said:
bastek66 said:
That was perfect adaptation.

And this is why people should not complain about cliche/generic. Because when you do something out of the norm it is considered to be bad. lmao.

Thankfully, base off the votes, the majority likes this, which I did not expect tbh. And yes, wtf indeed, the author wanted the viewers to be shock/confuse, and it seems he has done a great job at it, on either side.

Jul 16, 2017 8:52 AM
keragamming said:
Splashback95 said:

And this is why people should not complain about cliche/generic. Because when you do something out of the norm it is considered to be bad. lmao.

Thankfully, base off the votes, the majority likes this, which I did not expect tbh. And yes, wtf indeed, the author wanted the viewers to be shock/confuse, and it seems he has done a great job at it, on either side.

don't get me wrong the show is great and so was this episode but when I heard that I leapt out of my seat screaming WTF

Jul 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Splashback95 said:
keragamming said:

don't get me wrong the show is great and so was this episode but when I heard that I leapt out of my seat screaming WTF

Isn't that exactly what a plot twist is supposed to do?

Jul 16, 2017 12:12 PM
TrashDax said:
Splashback95 said:

Isn't that exactly what a plot twist is supposed to do?

well yes but they said it before it happened and Eren knew because of Hange that they were possibly those Titans and they're the reason his mother is dead and the fall of Shiganshina, that's what didn't wash with me

Jul 21, 2017 1:49 PM

"So... umm, yeah... I'm like the armored dude and he's the colossal one... Wanna join the club, bruh?"

Jul 28, 2017 2:08 PM

wtf did I just watch
somewhere between great and complete bullshit
this whole episode has me lost
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.

Jul 31, 2017 12:05 PM

Lmao wtf, Reiner just casually tells Eren that they're both the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan.
That came out of nowhere and really caught me of guard as it did Eren lol.

OMFG, this is getting crazier and crazier and so much more awesome!
I was almost crying out of enjoyment at the end of this episode, holy F!

Jul 31, 2017 8:43 PM

Damn, jfc, this episode was the best one imo. I wasn't that interested in this season in the beginning, but now I'm hooked for sure.

Aug 1, 2017 3:06 PM

that dudes are titans?rally?the actually fucking colossal titan!?
sounds of bs for me

Aug 6, 2017 9:22 AM

I got spoiled about Reiner and Berthold years ago but I've watched this episode like 8 times and it snatches my weave each and every time ahhhhhhhhh

Aug 8, 2017 8:45 AM
Best episode in this season so far! I've already read the manga and I still feel so tensed from the build up!

Aug 14, 2017 1:56 AM

WHAT THE HELLL HOLY SHIT THAT REVEAL

It was so.. nonchalant? So normal? Like yeah I'm the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan.. such a "wait.. the fuck??" moment that built towards such an epic cliffhanger

daaaamn
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Aug 31, 2017 3:10 AM

"I'm the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan"

lolololol that made me chuckled xD

Sep 3, 2017 11:44 AM

I still remember episode 6: simply perfect

Sep 17, 2017 7:08 AM

I hate this show.

The troll reveal was kind of great though, haha.

Sep 17, 2017 9:40 PM

Meritas said:
I hate this show.

The troll reveal was kind of great though, haha.
Why do you watch it then

Sep 18, 2017 12:12 PM

sim0n2170 said:
Why do you watch it then
Killing time. And trying to cash out on all the time I spent on S1 to get jackshit in terms of revelations.

Sep 18, 2017 7:38 PM

Hot dam that last scene. Eren has really bad luck with friends turning out to be titans that screwed his life over.

Sep 26, 2017 9:31 AM

nani the fuck? thank god i avoided all spoilers

Oct 7, 2017 2:37 PM

I've already finished S2, but wanted to come back and read the discussion for this episode. Glad it's not just me which found it hilarious just how nonchalant Reiner was about telling Eren that he and Bertolt were the Armored and Colossal Titans. It could've been handled more competently, but I doubt I would've laughed as much had it been.

Oct 9, 2017 10:46 AM

"Oh yeah by the way, I'm the armored titan. He's the colossal one"

That is NOT how you broach the topic.

"You need to ease them in, like lowering fish into a new tank of water. Let the temperature adjust. You don't just drop it in!"

(I think that's a quote from FRIENDS, but I couldn't find the clip so I'm not sure)
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.

Nov 17, 2017 3:50 PM

I read manga years ago so I wasn't in hurry to watch anime but anime is really doing great... although that CGI colossal titan was a little bit too much. Manga aside, the Colossal Titan was always the symbol of Shingeki anime and surprise, surprise, he is probably most recognizable character of the series... even people who don't watch anime and didn't seen SNK will recognize this dude and yet here we got him in crappy CGI... shame.

Oh well, next episode will be dope.

Nov 21, 2017 5:46 PM

FMmatron said:
The years of waiting were absolutely worth it, but it would be nice if I could've reset my memory before watching this episode. Knowing about the big revelation took a little bit of the tension, it was still a great watch, though.

5/5 epicness overload

agree. despite knowing that this will happen, still an epic episode.

excellent adaptation

Dec 1, 2017 7:47 AM
Great song for the reveal.

I guess the reveal was similar to Annie? It's good they had their suspicious prior to this unfolding.
I didn't expect it to be so blunt though and I laughed when I first heard it.

I spoiled it for myself during season 1 reading the wiki but it was nice to see how it finally happened.
Reiner looked really desperate but his actions were very human. He seemed to trust Eren, for someone that was after him this whole time?

I'm not quite sure why he longs for his 'home' and why he would want to bring Eren there.
It was great to see Mikasa act so quickly to the possible threat.

Traitors? Partially, but it really makes you wonder why.
Modified by sosmetal, Dec 1, 2017 7:51 AM

Dec 9, 2017 3:41 AM
This might be one of the rare examples of a followup series that's a little tighter than the original. I was just thinking of how it's been a while since we heard about Annie before she was brought up.

Still, the series has yet to top the atmosphere in the first five or so episodes of the first season.

Dec 22, 2017 4:08 AM

Ymir is still alive.
Historia Reiss.
There's no hole in the wall.
WTF did Reiner just say to Eren?
Reiner is the Armored Titan and Bertolt is the Colossal Titan? Wait....WTF!!!!!! Why is this happening so casually?
They suspected Reiner and Bertolt earlier.
Dat regeneration.
Mikasa attacks them.
Dat transformation.
Of course they'd go the CG route now. smh
Eren transforms.
Dat ending.

WTF! I'm still amazed at how Reiner just revealed all that so casually as Hange and co. were walking away. Bertolt is the Colossal Titan? I would have never expected that considering it looked like a final boss. Also, fucking CG makes its way in SnK (regarding the Colossal Titan). That would have never happened in the 1st season. I was hoping SnK would be one of the last animes to not go that route, but I was kidding myself. Lazy fucks.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jan 5, 2018 12:37 AM

Ok so I know SnK S2 has already been finished for months now and everyone is mostly focused on the upcoming season, but I was rewatching some scenes from my favorite episodes and I noticed something strange that I couldn't figure out.

Before Reiner reveals his and Bertholt's identity to Eren, he confesses his fear at the thought of nearly dying a second time, to which Eren replies that that's a natural thing to think. Reiner is really stressed out, and asks Armin to recall the the time that "Annie nearly crushed him like a big" during the Scout's expedition. That's the thing, though. He says Annie's name specifically, instead of calling her the Female Titan. That didn't make sense to me, that he simply blurts out her name as if that's supposed to be common knowledge, especially since at the time, that reveal and subsequent battle only took place a day or two before before the events of this episode. Outside of the obvious answer that he is a Titan spy, as a soldier, he shouldn't have any idea who the Female Titan is.

I tried to search around for it, but I couldn't find anything about it being of significant importance, which I thought was strange until I realized that that line is only in the dubbed episode. In the sub, he simply says, 'that Titan'. Was it simply an addition/slip up in the dubbed script? Cause it doesn't make sense when you think about it:
Given that only Eren's group plus Jean were in on the Stohess operation, and the rest of the 104th were outside wall Sina, it doesn't make sense that anyone else would have been told about the Female Titan's identity. Especially since Armin only figured it out right before they went to Stohess, and they weren't sure who else was a spy.
If the rest of the scouts were told about Annie being the Female Titan, it's confusing that Reiner and Bertolt aren't acting concerned and trying to help her escape the interior since they are supposed to be working together.
If they are told about the Female Titan's capture, then it's even more odd that they aren't acting suspicious. (Given that Armin drops this bomb on the two of them during Eren's rescue, though, it's pretty clear that that information hasn't been told to any of the cadets at this point.)

Given how traumatized Reiner is, it makes sense that he might've been overwhelmed and said her name without thinking, although I feel as though Armin or Bertholdt would've caught that slip. Again, it's only in the Dub, so it might not matter at all. I'm just wondering if anyone else caught that, and if so, do you think it was intentional? or just simple change in script that doesn't matter at all? (especially since I'm guessing most people watched SnK subbed as it aired, considering the dub was 4 weeks behind)

Jan 5, 2018 4:04 AM

@ISOQuorra

I dont watch the dub, but I have heard people complain about stuff like that. There is some flawd in the dub version.

Jan 7, 2018 5:49 PM
originanime

I couldn't believe what I was seeing/reading.

Jan 31, 2018 10:42 AM

This episode was weird and frightening at the same time.

Feb 10, 2018 6:50 PM

What was Reiner attempting to gain by revealing to Eren so casually and publicly? If Eren goes with them, then the others would immediately get suspicious. It would have been better to attempt at night in private and be able to leave with time before someone realizes it. Was he torn between his duties for the mission and his feelings for his comrades? But then if he takes Eren back to his "home", then wouldn't he be abandoning his mission or losing his progres? It also might explain why he risked his life to save his companions, since he'd grown attached to them.
Modified by ZeroDragon, Feb 10, 2018 7:18 PM

Mar 14, 2018 4:24 PM

The music, the animation, the build-up and the revelation is executed so perfectly here near the end of the episode!!! The whole thing was purely EPIC! Mikasa's immediate action to kill both of them and Eren's transformation to kill them are awesome!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 10, 2018 7:09 PM

I wasn't expecting that surprise, I'm amazed. Eren vs. Reiner.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 16, 2018 11:30 PM

I AM SHOOK.

Me during that super-casual, revelation of a convo...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!

May 12, 2018 11:10 AM

That ending part gives me goosebumps everytime. The video goes perfectly with the amazing soundtrack at the end.

Aug 29, 2018 1:20 PM

BEST EPISODE EVER.
If anyone sees this message, I would be proud of him... or not lol

Nov 19, 2018 4:47 PM

ok so everyone are titans now? but each one on different side, who is next?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Mar 20, 5:33 PM

EVERYONE IS A TITANNNNNN!!!
まだまだだね ~

May 7, 7:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Been waiting to see this episode ever since I read it on the manga, but IMO they were builting for too long!
Wanted to see the comet drop from Giant on this same episode, will have to wait...

Jun 13, 8:05 AM

Brilliant episode! I was stunned the first time around and was on the edge of my seat during the final moments, ah good memories. Even though I didn’t go that far this time, I was still quite psyched so that’s a plus I suppose.

Reiner just casually spilling the beans was enough to get me psyched but then that transformation after badass Mikasa’s cameo with that glorious music in the background, just superb! Can’t blame Mikasa there though for not finishing up in time, Reiner is pretty darn strong if he sets his mind to it after all. Good thing the Survey Corps got the info just ahead of time though, they would’ve potentially been rendered useless in shock. Bertholt’s got a hold of Ymir too, looks like they won’t let the secret spill so easily heh. Dat little Hange and Historia scene at the start was really cool too!

Looks like it’ll be Round 1 of Eren v Reiner now!

Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]

Preview MangaManga Store