Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2010 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice summary of all characters during the information network part and the ED :) - everyone now sets up for the promised day
Feb 21, 2010 6:17 AM

May 2009
Lol, I don't think the episode is even out yet -.-
Feb 21, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2009
Haven't seen the episode yet, but based on the screen shots, I'm glad they kept the entire info exchange sequence intact.

Feb 21, 2010 8:49 AM

Apr 2009
Was an ok episode. I'll rewatch it again with subs just to make sure I got everything they were saying.

And jeez they made Olivia even stronger in the anime. 0__0 Poor Armstrong lol, being thrown in the fountain must've hurt. Greelin's fight with Wrath was nicely animated, and the info exchange was good. I couldn't understand exactly what they were saying, but in the Youthswell scene, were they acting like May Chang was a stranger and welcoming her? Couldn't tell well. ED was cool too to reflect everyone moving towards 'The Promised Day'.
Feb 21, 2010 9:17 AM
May 2009
Yeah, in Youswell people were treating May as a stranger (because, well, she is a stranger to them in the anime, since there was no scene with rescuing Kyle's father), but still proposes her help after hearing that she plans to go trough the desert to Xing. :P
That was the one of two things that I didn't like in this episode, the rest was awesome. The second thing I didn't like was the change in Ed looks. Do they plan of making him look like a Hohenheim's second clone or something? Look at this. He looks more like young!Hoho with different hairstyle than like Ed... xD' hope he'll look like always from the next episode. In the last episode he did, I think.
Feb 21, 2010 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
I loved this episode much. :)
Grumman is sure a funny, old man. XD
It was good to see almost everyone again. ^^
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Feb 21, 2010 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
Qashqai said:
Yeah, in Youswell people were treating May as a stranger (because, well, she is a stranger to them in the anime, since there was no scene with rescuing Kyle's father), but still proposes her help after hearing that she plans to go trough the desert to Xing. :P

i was wondering what would happen lol........like will everyone have a wtf moment?(wondering why the youthwell people know may) or will they show it in a flashback? or will they just not show youthwell and have the may/envy convo happen on the road? lol :)
Feb 21, 2010 11:25 AM
Aug 2009
Wow, this episode was amazing.

First off, I had an eyegasm during the Bradley vs Greed fight. The animation was delightful to watch.

O_O @ Olivier's super strength.

I loved the fleshed out Promised Day montage, and the ending was a nice treat. And wow at the preview for the next episode! I can't believe we've gotten to the final battle already.
Feb 21, 2010 7:23 PM

May 2009
Absolutely fantastic episode. Any number of the scenes could've been the episode highpoint for any other anime.
FMA: B is in a class by itself.
Feb 21, 2010 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
This serious had met my expectations since day one. I like how theres more charaters involved and the whole secret alliance thing. this episode makes me realize why i look forward to the series every week. 5TARS
Feb 21, 2010 7:36 PM

Jul 2007
This episode feels like its heading toward the climax of the anime.
Feb 21, 2010 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
this was a very badass episode...i was like "WOW!!" during the greed vs bradely fight
Feb 21, 2010 8:15 PM

Feb 2009
Olivier sure is wild!

Greed vs Wrath was nice.

I'm glad to see Ed mature to some extent and make a decision based on logic for a change! It might not be the best decision but it's at least a step forward.

Feb 21, 2010 8:20 PM
Feb 2010
Very good episode. Greed vs Wrath was awesome!

Can't wait for the upcoming episodes! They're gonna be epic! ;)
Feb 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Aug 2009
How sweet tsundere Greed decided to be nakama with the good side. Things are getting active! As usual I love the conversation Roy, Hawk, Armstrong, Habokku ( don't know spell ) and the others do. Solid friencship right there, love it!
[right]

Feb 21, 2010 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
Lol Greelin is finally here^_^ I truly enjoy this anime more then any other right now. The whole information exchange was completely epic in anime form too and I like the end scenes after the credits now too. Lets just hope Brotherhood doesn't catch up before the manga ends.
Feb 21, 2010 9:46 PM
Feb 21, 2010 10:21 PM

Mar 2009
lol @ last comment.

i liked the episode, but i have the feeling they condensed lots of stuff on just one ep.
it's ok tho.

3/5... after several 5/5 in a row xD
Feb 21, 2010 10:28 PM
Apr 2009
the episode was awesome! the fight scene was well done and I also love how they included the elaborate message relaying :)

At the pace the anime is going I feel like this series will also be a 51 episodes series o.o

but the manga is not done yet...so I hope it lasts longer. wow its almost been a year since this series started. Time flies
Feb 21, 2010 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is pure satisfaction...

2 fighting scenes
and a lot more....:D
Feb 21, 2010 11:55 PM

Jun 2009
I must agree, it seemed kinda hasty. Too many things in few mins >.<
The FMA series was always one of the most enjoyable series i watched so ya, this thing rockz! hope it wont finish at ~50 episodes
Feb 22, 2010 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
Loved it entirely. Except edwards head, which was kind of weird.. did they have to cut on the animation because of the opening fight? :P
Feb 22, 2010 2:50 AM

Sep 2008
Now that I think about it, it really feels like "24", like many different fronts happening at the same time that will all meld together at one point. There's tension in the air for sure. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 2:58 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
WAHHH SO GOOD. This episode feels like it's leading into a time skip for next episode. From the preview, it looks like Ed and Winry are going to reunite!

I love how this series always hypes me up!! I can't wait to see where this is going to go!
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 22, 2010 3:02 AM

Jul 2009
Nice, love it elephant are strong XD

Naruleach said:
From the preview, it looks like Ed and Winry are going to reunite!

Yeah, can't wait till it happens
Feb 22, 2010 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
I don't read the manga, but I agree this episode feels like the beginning of the end, or the last episode of a season.

Can anyone tell me if the manga is close to finishing? :o
Feb 22, 2010 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
The Armstrong family really is quite a unique bunch to say the least =P
But really Axel would have kicked Olivier's ass with easy due to his sheer mass and vastly superior strength.

And we finally get allot more of one of the better characters Greed/Lin =D
Great fight between him and Wrath, even though he technically "lost" :p
Feb 22, 2010 4:34 AM
Nov 2009
Jesuvius said:
I don't read the manga, but I agree this episode feels like the beginning of the end, or the last episode of a season.

Ow, I would love to know as well! Does anyone know? D:

I love Envy, he's so cute with that pathetic body and voice ^_^

Veeery eventful :)

5/5 ♥
Feb 22, 2010 5:16 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah, loved this chapter, an awesome set up for the promised day :D
Also, Greed vs. Wrath was nice despite it's shortness. I can't wait to see their next fight which I've already read in manga, I'm it'll be hundred times more awesome :D
Feb 22, 2010 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
Lilah said:
Jesuvius said:

5/5 ♥

It's on the verge of ending. The manga already has 104 chapters and some people think there will be at least four more chapters to go before it ends.

The Greed vs Wrath scene was full of win! And I loved the ending with Mustang followed by the episode title.
The only thing I can complain about is that Ed looked a little off this episode. His head looked longer than usual. :\
Feb 22, 2010 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
awesome episode

and yep it seems like the manga is in the final battle as we speak so it should be ending soon
Feb 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Jul 2009
The fight between the Armstrong's was quality and its awesome how Ed teams up with Greed :P
Feb 22, 2010 7:23 AM
Apr 2009
Ahhh...They didnt show the other two Armstrong sisters that made Yoki shit himself...only if they would have joined into the fray.
Feb 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
greed vs king was the best fight in this year
Perfect animation...
Feb 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Oct 2009
Like the part where they passed on the information...that's cool
Feb 22, 2010 8:53 AM

Oct 2007
Interesting build up. I like how Ed trying to team up with Gredlin.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 22, 2010 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, Greedling Goodness x3 Excuse me while I'm in my bunk.
xD
Greed/Wrath was pure gold.

"If I'm gonna be king, why don't I become king of the whole world?" - and THIS is the only thing about which I hold Arakawa to her word. If Greedling is king, I can accept any kind of ending. And I mean any.

Also, it sounds so cool when theyoverlap the ED with the last scene. Especially when it's their epic message-sending. The Promised Day is near!
(I stopped believing Arakawa finishes the manga before they catch up with the anime. )
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 22, 2010 10:43 AM

Jun 2007
Totally loved that episode, a lot! Brilliant fight sequences, a lot of development and hilarity. It hit all the right notes I look for in FMA. Fair share of characters, equal military stuff with Ed (and Al stuff), good use of humour vs darkness. Terrific sequence at the end, really floored me. Loved it. Laughed at the random dog in Dublith. <3

Cenedess said:
Also, it sounds so cool when theyoverlap the ED with the last scene. Especially when it's their epic message-sending. The Promised Day is near!

Whenever they do this on a show, I much more likely to be impatient for the next episode. I love its use here.

Feb 22, 2010 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
UndeadSwordsman said:
Yeah, loved this chapter, an awesome set up for the promised day :D
Also, Greed vs. Wrath was nice despite it's shortness. I can't wait to see their next fight which I've already read in manga, I'm it'll be hundred times more awesome :D

yeah but you should use spoiler tags cuz not everyone who watches the anime knows about that

Roisin said:
Lilah said:
Jesuvius said:

5/5 ♥

It's on the verge of ending. The manga already has 104 chapters and some people think there will be at least four more chapters to go before it ends.

The Greed vs Wrath scene was full of win! And I loved the ending with Mustang followed by the episode title.
The only thing I can complain about is that Ed looked a little off this episode. His head looked longer than usual. :

i always say there's at most 3-5 chapters left
Feb 22, 2010 1:00 PM
Dec 2007
The introducing fighting scene was fantastic and most developments were just great (seeing all the cast of the series thanks to Ed's message was a brilliant idea too). Well, this episode, as the last 10 or 15 ones, was extremely well executed. It's a pure pleasure to watch FMA's second season, especially when you have witnessed the wrong direction because of which the first one totally lost itself.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 22, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2008
Olivia vs Alex Louis Armstrong was pretty cool. They totally wrecked the whole house. X'D

Greelin vs King Bradley was the shit! I loved how they showed the flashbacks during the fight. They really showed Greed's inner struggle very well.

Mustang getting the intel on the "Promised Day" reminded me of passing notes allong in class. :D
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Feb 22, 2010 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
Remus_Lupa said:
Olivia vs Alex Louis Armstrong was pretty cool. They totally wrecked the whole house. X'D

Mistake there, she totally wrecked the house. I loved the fight aswell XD Absolute annihilation by Olivia.
[right]

Feb 22, 2010 1:49 PM

May 2008
Wow, how the episode started was awsome...
XD it's quite shame for Alex loosing against his sister(or not), but that was hilarious. And the end of the episode was just epic. Al's doing a great work...
Feb 22, 2010 1:58 PM

Mar 2009
I love the Armstrong family... They all look so much like... an Armstrong ^^
Feb 22, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
I really liked the last half of this episode. I'm sure I'm alone when I say I didn't really care for the fight scenes themselves, just what they meant for the characters. I also wonder if these people know what the Promised Day is. It felt like they all knew, but I don't understand why, unless it's some kind of holiday.
Feb 22, 2010 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
I feel like the pieces of the puzzle are starting to get put together. We are understanding more and more of the big picture now. Olivier ftw haha
Feb 22, 2010 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, I thought things were slow. this got everything moving again: can't wait till the next episode :D
Feb 22, 2010 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
Pure awesome.

Can't wait for next week~
Feb 22, 2010 4:54 PM

Jan 2008
*flails happily* we get the ed/winry moment i've been aching to see animated since i saw it in the manga next yay~!

love the series as usual~! <3333333
Feb 22, 2010 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Love Greedling. Love the Armstrongs and their epic-ness. Love the bit where Greedling teams up with Ed-tachi.
Fuck yeah, they did the information train SO WELL. Love it, love it, love it.
Lol @ Rebecca. And getting to see Havoc always makes me happy. ;)
Now we just have to wait like a million more eps to see his badass return. XP

suigetsu00 said:
porkypink said:
Habokku

do you mean havoc? lol

Habokku is how you pronounce it in Japanese. XD
ジャン ハボック = JAN HABOKKU = Jean Havoc.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.