Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 4 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 6, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2012
That was not that bad, pretty much build-up and (kinda) getting interesting. The worst part is the comedy, feels so unnecessary ...
May 6, 2017 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
Yep, it took a while, but we're finally getting into the the main story now.
Been preaching patience for a while now, so good on all those who are still here.

Things will start getting darker now we start delving into the shadier side of the dungeon, and Ais past will feature quite prominently in this. I'm guessing Leyfia haters will start enjoying this soon, since she's being mostly pushed into the back for a bit.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 6, 2017 4:35 AM
Apr 2017
This episode probably the best episode so far
It's so much darker and lot of action
Bete showing his good side, even though still being dick
May 6, 2017 5:17 AM
Mar 2016
OMG A good episode! What is this? This one was surprisingly good, I didn't really like the three others.
May 6, 2017 6:08 AM

May 2010
Loki being really cute for once with dat piggy bank ride.

And I am late but I wonder why does the title translates to "Is it wrong to pick up girls in the dungeon?" Shouldn't it be "is it wrong to expect an encounter in the dungeon?" Idk. the official translation sounds a bit 'no homo' and somehow I really dislike it.
May 6, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
Luckily, the part devoted to leisure and goliard is limited to little, though enough to take the time to the most interesting one, which still suffices to be very interesting. In whole, the episode is very exciting.

@EcchiLordMamster Be careful about Tione. XD
Just a little cut, and...it's over. X°°D

May 6, 2017 6:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
terrablu2003 said:
Luckily, the part devoted to leisure and goliard is limited to little, though enough to take the time to the most interesting one, which still suffices to be very interesting. In whole, the episode is very exciting.

@EcchiLordMamster Be careful about Tione. XD
Just a little cut, and...it's over. X°°D

she can threaten me all fucking day
May 6, 2017 7:55 AM

Jun 2013
wow his was actually good it is getting better
May 6, 2017 8:56 AM
May 2017
This episode was truly amazing. Whilst in my opinion Bell Series took 6 episodes to get interesting, this one only took 4 episodes. This episode was really amazing, and it seems the plot will finally develop, and I hope it develops good, because that's the impression this episode caused in me.
May 6, 2017 1:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ARubinsky said:
This is the best example of "Less is more". Without Lefya, quality improved.

More Ais background please.

Hear, hear.

I'm baffled as to why anyone who's involved in production of this show thinks having Lefiya as an MC is a good idea.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 6, 2017 2:57 PM
Jan 2017
Achei um episodio bem chatinho so me interessei por duas partes em q uma foi o passado da ais e a outra foi o cavaleiro misterioso q apareceu numa cidade da dangeon quem sera ele?
May 6, 2017 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Finally something happened in this anime! I still prefer the original series but at least now they introduced new elements to the story.
May 6, 2017 9:55 PM
Mar 2012
Nice mystery, lot's of families involved, adding Hermes & Uranos.
At least 3 left-eye slash guys? Last armor guy has the same green eyes as the redhead woman. Weird mindbending creature & giant flowers eh
May 6, 2017 10:34 PM

Aug 2016
Hopefully this series continues to improve starting from this episode. Episode 2 and 3 were damn terrible.

Less Lefiya = +

More badass fights and dark events please
May 7, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2010
best episode so far, still I'm upset by the jokes... do they want talk about boobs for all the series? it's kinda ridiculous how they add this gag everywhere
May 7, 2017 5:39 PM

Dec 2016
A pretty good episode that kind of made me like Bete more
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 7, 2017 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
LOL at Bors, disrespecting Tiona & harrassing Tione
Nothing else to say but another hostile enemy plant shows-up again...probably by some unknown orchestrator!
4/5.

May 7, 2017 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
Just when I was starting to get worried that this anime was going to get stale because it was following too close to the original they come out with a very different very fresh episode! I have to admit it wasn't the greatest episode in the world as it seemed to drag slowly at times but I really like the direction they're taking this anime! There are still a ton of unanswered questions about who is pulling the strings and what the strings are connected to and why they are doing whatever it is they're doing. It seems like they never answered those questions in the original series and now they seem to add on more questions than they answer with each passing episode. Hopefully we get some answers soon and the anime continues to provide new and enchanting stories for us to follow each and every week!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 8, 2017 1:33 AM

Dec 2015
Tiona and Tione in this episode lmao ahahaha!

Well well seems like something serious is going on here.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 8, 2017 10:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a succubus eh. Ains sure looked cute when she was little. Given her personality i wager that something happened to Ains parents. Training is best done early and is a great way to start the day. Its nice that after that impressive display of magic last episode that Leafiya is getting taught more advanced magic. Lol i guess the borrowed sword really couldn't keep up with action that Ais goes through. Its nice that her true blade is repaired now though. Lol Ais's expression when told how much the repair cost was. But man what an amount to pay lol. Hmm an carefree stroll into the dungeon eh. Only veterans can say that with confidence lol. Given their skill there is very danger to the party in the dungeon unless they were ambushed by larger enemies i guess. Finn does seem to be a easygoing boss though but at the same time he's seems to be the type that will fight hard to protect his allies as well. Guess the town is not as harmless as they though eh. Given its location the town that they are in does seem rather empty. Hmm looks like the guy in the beginning suffered a rather gruesome death. Hmm so this episodes main theme will be solving a murder and confronting a dangerous threat eh. Given the state of the body i guess status theft is the only way we can use to tell who the poor guy is. Hmm to think that a lv4 who are actually pretty strong got killed that easily though. This murderer really is strong. Meanwhile Loki is checking out the location that the monster that attacked leafiya and co came from. Since it wasn't part of Freya's plan that means something else is going on. Lol Loki trying to be cute to get a piggybank. Lol the interaction between Bete and Loki was hillarious.

Hmm guess that there were more of those monsters underground then. Two simultaneous cases then eh. Lol disregarding one of the sisters because of the lack of a good bust eh lol. My my judging a girl by their rack size alone will make anyone angry lol. Yea none of the girls there have the required skills to seduce anyone. Hmm the fact that she was looking for something that warranted the murder would indicate that it's something important which means that she's probably still here in the town. Though Bete's attitude is annoying he is nonetheless a powerful combatant. Hmm so these beasts are similar to what the familar encountered back on the 50th floor eh. Guess that the monster attack was done by one of the gods eh. Can't hide scents from Bete's nose it seems. Gathering everyone in the town is a good first step to start the search with i guess. Lol a full body inspection lol the males will love that. My Finn really is popular with the ladies aint he. Hmm to think that Loki's fellow gods were also investigating the beasts origin. Thinking back the festival would be a perfect cover for a murder given that monsters will be taken up to the surface. Hmm a quest to pick up the belongings of a soon to be dead guy now thats a weird quest. Hmm what was that creature in the globe i wonder. For it to have that effect on Ais though it must be powerful. Meanwhile the mysterious villain has called forth another planet monster that was hiding in the lake.

Quite the enjoyable episode
loved how there were two simultaneous plots that were connected with each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2017 5:48 PM
May 2017
EcchiLordMamster said:
awe man would i bang the every loving shit out of Tione... fuck is she sexy...

You mean Tiona, since she obviously has a better character. Atleast thats something thats developing with her :-P.
May 9, 2017 8:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Sadi89 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
awe man would i bang the every loving shit out of Tione... fuck is she sexy...

You mean Tiona, since she obviously has a better character. Atleast thats something thats developing with her :-P.

nah.. Tiona is cute but shes not really sexy lol
May 10, 2017 7:08 AM

Feb 2013
definitely better than episode 2 and 3. agree with everyone else, less lefiya=better
May 12, 2017 8:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Things are finally starting to move forward.

Hey, Aiz finally showed a little personality at the beginning there. That felt fairly refreshing.
May 13, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Someone please kill Loki already, she's joke of character.

But other than that, it wasn't too bad. The direction was clearly a lot better and the story too.
May 19, 2017 8:34 PM

Sep 2015
Rip Hashana, poor guy
May 20, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I thought it would come out of the fucking orb, shit that was creepy D:

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 21, 2017 11:37 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode...finally this is getting interesting.
May 25, 2017 2:57 AM

Jan 2011
So it's actually doing something different now instead of being a pseudo-recap? Hopefully it keeps it up.

It's for the greater good.
Jun 6, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2007
Well, damn... Unexpectedly, this is getting much darker than the main series.
Jun 16, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
I thought this series wouldn't be interesting. Until this episode.

Also Ai's fear expression was amusing. The first time I've seen that expression on her face.
Jun 25, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Ais, she needs lot of money now.
That thing inside the glass ball is ugly...
Jun 25, 2017 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
I agree with everyone that said this is the best episode so far. Not only because there's little no to Lefiya's notice me senpai attitude but also because it's obvious this is a setup for something big. I said it's the best but not because it was good though. It was just not bad. This crap might even redeem itself, we'll see.
Jul 5, 2017 4:06 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting ending! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 18, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
So did he smash or nah?
LMAO at dudes violating Tiona.
LMAO at dudes looking at Tione.
LMAO at dude telling the women to take off their clothes.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 17, 2017 11:03 AM
May 2017
the series would be better if it didn't have that one elf's unrequited love for Aiz. it is neither funny or progressive and the story is being wasted on, her the most side character of all main characters. i would honestly prefer seeing finn or bete more often as they were pushed out during the first season.
Jul 15, 2019 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
...and the plot thickens. I don't believe in Dionysus's story still unless something else will come up.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 15, 2019 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
tofei said:
...and the plot thickens. I don't believe in Dionysus's story still unless something else will come up.

same here, hes 2shady
Nov 10, 2019 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
I didn't expect a murder case, interesting. Could have done without the awkward strip search joke though.

The "embryo" was creepy as hell.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 18, 2020 2:54 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Now after having just read this part from the LN, it is apparent to me.
What a cheap adaptation, of course, the characters will look great in still shots while the dialogue is going on, but that takes way...

They are rushing a bit too, they alter many scenes, like when Loki goes inside to speak with that God, it just skips to them inside, with Bete with her, whereas in the LN, you have a bunch of text building for the scene, with Loki asking Bete to stay outside, which he does, so both Gods can talk in private.

This anime is full of differences in little details like those, which in turn does dumb down stuff, quite a lot, this goes both for the plot and for its characters, I m glad I m reading the LN first, damm.
Sep 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, was that Ais's parent's at the beginning after the OP. Hope we see more of her past.

Lmao, I never imagined we'd be able to see Ais make a face like that. Thanks to the power money.

Dionysus is still very suspicious but, we'll see.
Oct 1, 2020 3:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm, suddenly this turned out to be a serious cases about the murderer, and a mysterious jewel. What the heck with that weird looking little monster? And somehow Wallenstein looked so intimidated with that. Interesting, and its reached with another inter Familia problems within the Dungeon and the city. Well, lets see how far the plot matching up with the original plot story.

Also, its nice to see more background story of Aiz, even if its too late, but i don't mind shit. So, its looks like my Bell had a nice fate with her, eh? She wanted to met a true hero, while my damn boy, had a dream to became a hero! Nice! Even the story already ship my damn boy!

Second note, what kind of price was that? Surely Wallenstein needed to do some saving to paid that huge price. XD
And nice, Bete action after absent with the previous 2 episodes. I guessed, this episode was not so bad at all!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 13, 2020 6:58 AM

Mar 2013
Was thinking Bete reminds me alot of Bakugou, the bad tempered bully that shit on the mc. Just realize their voice sound similar too.

And I looked up they really had the same voice actor lol
Dec 17, 2020 8:40 PM

Apr 2019
that thing was alive, it was fucking alive... now the flowers are ravaging the city... stay safe aiz

Sep 3, 2022 4:40 PM

Mar 2022
separate story from OG story !!
Feb 26, 2023 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
00:43 That's one of the worse ways to die! Just when you're about to f*ck a hottie, she kills you instead!
Things are getting interesting now. I wonder what that creature is.
Aug 7, 2023 1:43 PM
Nov 2022
Deberían hacer un anime contando la historia desde el punto de vista de Bell cranel, tiene pinta de buen personaje... kappa
Jan 30, 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
Beginning, SEGG for Death, was it worth it? lol

Ais's mom looks more "Goddess-like" than the actual God/ Goddesses huh... LOL

And that "Inspection"...

Guys: "YEAAAAA"

Girls: "HUUUUUHHH"

ThirstyGirls: "INSPECT ME FINN"

HungryGuys: "LET ME REPLACE FINN INSTEAD"

LOL.... more than half of people there are Horny huh...
amlgJan 30, 1:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 8:58 AM
Jun 2023
The fourth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delves deeper into the secrets and mysteries of the dungeon, offering an exciting and suspenseful viewing experience. With its intriguing storyline and character developments, this episode keeps viewers enthralled and eager for more.

The animation quality continues to impress, capturing the fantastical world of Orario with stunning visuals and attention to detail. The intricate dungeon designs, vibrant cityscapes, and intense battle sequences are brought to life with fluid animation and a vivid color palette. The action scenes are dynamic and visually striking, highlighting the characters' growth and skills.

Character development takes a significant step forward in this episode, as we witness the progression and struggles of Ais Wallenstein and the members of Loki Familia. Ais's determination and emotional journey are portrayed with depth and nuance, allowing viewers to connect with her on a deeper level. The interactions among the familia members further strengthen their bonds and provide insights into their individual motivations.

The plot unfolds with captivating twists and turns, unveiling new layers of the dungeon's mysteries. The pacing remains consistent, blending moments of action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation adds intrigue to the overall narrative, propelling the story forward and keeping viewers engaged.

Episode 4 introduces new elements and challenges for Loki Familia, pushing them to their limits. The encounters with formidable foes test their abilities and teamwork, resulting in intense and gripping battle sequences. These moments not only provide thrilling action but also serve as catalysts for character growth and development.

The soundtrack continues to enhance the overall atmosphere, heightening the emotions and tension within each scene. The music complements the action sequences and adds depth to quieter moments, effectively immersing viewers in the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes further contribute to the overall appeal of the series.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the fourth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers a thrilling and suspenseful viewing experience. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and intriguing plot developments, it continues to captivate viewers. Fans of the original series will find themselves engrossed in the exploration of Ais Wallenstein's journey and the uncovering of the dungeon's secrets alongside Loki Familia.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.