Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I think Isidro is trying to prove to himself and others that he is a worthy warrior. I like that old man's story though.

Action was worth the wait as the battle is quite bloody.
Guts still kicking ass like it's usual business!

Also, I feel like the music of this season improved especially when Guts was taking care of those monsters. Schierke stood out as the MVP at the end though imo when she unleashed a very powerful magic. Impressive.
TyrelJul 24, 2017 8:02 PM
May 5, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
I'm pretty used to the cgi and art style already so I'm enjoying this surprisingly much. Adaptation seems solid as well.
May 5, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Puck's random comments and antics are always amusing. xD

Sucks that the townspeople are pricks, especially that pastor who's blinded by his faith but after this episode I hope they see the truth.

Action was nice, Serpico's wind slashes were awesome and Gut's entrance along with the OST was epic as hell. I loved the way he just slice and diced those trolls.

I liked the parallel between Farneese and the pastor dude on the rooftop.

Schierke's summoning at the end was way too awesome. That final shot of her was amazing.
I'm also liking how there's a lot more 2D animation in places.
May 5, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2014
Isidro always making me laugh, nice screenshot of Guts as well.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
May 5, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
It was pretty frustrating to watch that dumb religious nutjob babble on about how evil Schierke is even though she's clearly there to help. Get your head out of your ass dude.

A lot of action in this episode, Serpico stood out with his wind powers and Guts did what he does best. Those trolls stood no chance against the Clang master. The last part with Schierke summoning those elemental spirits was pretty cool too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 2017 10:07 AM

May 2010
Zemroid said:
I'm pretty used to the cgi and art style already so I'm enjoying this surprisingly much. Adaptation seems solid as well.

i will never get used to that dogshit weird looking CGI but this is the only option to see anything animated past the Golden Age Arc.

no choice really. gotta say tho i atleast enjoy the scenes with Puck alot and i cant wait for the next few episodes.
May 5, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
Oh boy, it's so epic. I'm waiting for it every week.
May 5, 2017 10:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In this fight every one shows their new powers!!!
The old mans saves the young :(
May 5, 2017 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
The CGI looks great imo, we didn't get used to it, it just got a lot better. There are no confusing and unnecessary camera movements, unlike in Berserk 2016. My only problem was that I sometimes felt like the pacing was off a little- especially the comic relief moments don't work as well here as in the manga. Some scenes feel rushed, you really have to pay close attention so that you understand what's going on. I think this might be because we're busy reading the subs, so the dub has the potential to make it more enjoyable.
May 5, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
I was just thinking that this was an excursion compared to the old days with hawk troop, but when the fighting began, and ignoring CGI, this was absolutely breath-taking.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 5, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
It was pretty frustrating to watch that dumb religious nutjob babble on about how evil Schierke is even though she's clearly there to help. Get your head out of your ass dude.

A lot of action in this episode, Serpico stood out with his wind powers and Guts did what he does best. Those trolls stood no chance against the Clang master. The last part with Schierke summoning those elemental spirits was pretty cool too.

they have to witness Guts' power to e able to see the light just like Farnese.
The spell chanting scene was awesome I couldn't agree more.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2010
The anime is steadily improving in multiple areas, this episode was pretty great imo. May be a bit fast paced, but we all wanted some action right? Part of me is sad this is only 13 episodes :(
May 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
Serpico was amazing.
I don't know what to say about the villagers, or most of them, they aren't grateful at all.
May 5, 2017 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I thought the CGI took a step back this episode compared to some of the previous ones? I'm still having a hard time seeing through it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
Saskoi said:
The CGI looks great imo, we didn't get used to it, it just got a lot better.

I have to ask. How high do you get before watching this series?

was the best part of the episode.
May 5, 2017 3:01 PM
Dec 2014

It's just getting better IMO.

Intense episode.

Also, gags with Isidiro are just too good, seriously. 01:00 a.m. and I am laughing like a madman.

Can't wait for next week's one..
May 5, 2017 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
that was good i guess
May 5, 2017 4:59 PM
Apr 2017
I loved everything in this episode including the pacing,guts being a baddass,the music and the funny parts i really do hope they keep it up.
May 5, 2017 5:41 PM

May 2015
Those trolls are top kek.

May 5, 2017 6:20 PM

Jun 2010
Like the last episode, this episode benefited greatly by slowing down the pace, having better shot composition and more 2D scenes. It's almost as if they're finally listening to fan feedback instead of going through with a dismissive "good enough" attitude. 5/5 for the effort.

Always liked how Serpico used the wind elementals for getting around the battlefield and flinging air blades at enemies so it was nice to see it animated (even with this series often iffy animations). Looking forward to
May 5, 2017 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode.

The comedy between Ishidoro & Puck is great.
Serpico showing off his magical weapon was cool.

Guts destroying those Trolls.
Schierke's protection magic is amazing. Magic is so powerful.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 5, 2017 7:40 PM

Oct 2015
Is it just me, or did this episode seem really rushed? It's been a while since I read this part of the manga, so I'm not actually sure if I'm right or not.

Rushing complaints aside, this was pretty good. I love how the CR stream had a viewer discretion warning, but nothing too graphic seemed to happen. I was wondering if there was a troll rape scene in this episode because of it, lol.

Puck continues to be my favorite. Nothing can convince me otherwise.
May 5, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2013
Watching Guts destroy those trolls is as entertaining as ever!

Badass Guts!
May 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode
Guts yes!!!!
Serpico wind magic
Isodoro almost omg
Scherike summoning
Faraness parallel with that guy
May 6, 2017 12:07 AM
Oct 2007
I'm quite sure by now I am enjoying this season more than the last. Nothing less from the studio that was in charge of the movie, Gantz:O. They were probably trying out something new for the last season and apparently it's not working very well so this season was adjusted in term of the animation quality and style.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 1:05 AM

Jul 2014
Still absolutely love the music whenever Guts does something badass, but he wasn't the only one with moments in this episode, as Serpico finally had more of a chance to shine. Pretty solid episode overall, but I do agree that the Pastor's attitude to magic was rather annoying given that they're trying to save his life as well as those of all the other villagers.
May 6, 2017 1:55 AM
Dec 2012
Damn those ungrateful villagers especially that annoying pastor -_-
May 6, 2017 2:06 AM

Oct 2016
The action scenes are getting good. I love how the little witch used her magic on the last scene!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 6, 2017 2:47 AM
Dec 2014
Reverberate said:

Are you one of those who think they can dictate what others should like?

Just curious.
May 6, 2017 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
The soundtrack is pretty dope. Just putting it out there.
May 6, 2017 6:34 AM

May 2015
genk1sudo said:
Reverberate said:

Just curious.

No, and I don't even know what makes you think that.

It was strictly a personal opinion.

May 6, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
Loved the action in this episode, aside from the annoying priest this episode was great. Guts was great as always and I'm liking Serpico's new power.
May 6, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
After this and the last episode I have to say we finally see how much they improved from Berserk 2016.
This is still not the adaption I want but its getting there. This were really two enjoyable episodes.
May 6, 2017 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
heinrich6745 said:

I just stumbled upon this picture from manga. It is literally the same scene, they obviously really love Berserk.

May 6, 2017 7:18 PM
Dec 2008
Its not the CGI that kills animated series like this. Its the fact that viewers who have not read the manga are left with one mystery after another (which will never ever be solved/answered in non-manga format). Its not because things are too hard to understand, no, they're simply just not shown. Pretty much every character development, internal dialogue or any interesting bit of imformation is CUT from this anime adaptation. After seeing 5 or so episodes I feel like I'm missing 30 episodes of content.
May 6, 2017 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
It's a bad ass and bloody brawl anytime Guts is involved! I'm glad to see the power of magic finally being used in battle and while the action was less than what I expected out of this episode it was worth the wait! Next episode should be even more exciting
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 7, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2016
Preview for the next episode:

May 7, 2017 6:59 AM
Nov 2011
jaw1811 said:
Is it just me, or did this episode seem really rushed? It's been a while since I read this part of the manga, so I'm not actually sure if I'm right or not.

I don't think so, not much if anything was skipped in this episode at least. I was happy to see included Serpico's little internal line about how ironic it's that he wields wind spirits, given how polar opposites they are, contrasting the freedom of wind spirits and how "chained" he has been in his life.

They also put well Morgan's childhood story scene, which should have been a nice moment to slow down the pace. I'm just not sure
Should be next episode though. It almost got him killed by a troll in this one.

jaw1811 said:

I love how the CR stream had a viewer discretion warning, but nothing too graphic seemed to happen. I was wondering if there was a troll rape scene in this episode because of it, lol.

Puck continues to be my favorite. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

They've shown this warning at the start of all episodes so far, which is a healthy alert considering the series I suppose.
But now that should have been last episode if I recall correctly. There was some censoring included in another part of that scene too (when showing the dead and very beaten body of Hannah's brother). These scenes might be improved or at least have censoring removed in the BD version.

Anyway, also liked the depiction of Shierke's ritual, how she called upon the 4 Kings in the astral world.

Last two episodes have been pretty good overall.
Fate_ArcherMay 7, 2017 7:31 AM
May 7, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode!
Looks like Morgan's village can't accept Guts and company...Especially that stubborn very annoying pastor who only believes on God and loaths witches above all else. he could just die on a corner!
Telepathy huh...Shierke is really useful in a good way of course!
We got to hear Morgan's young life. Morgan already knew that Isidro look-up to Guts in high regard.
Guts is correct: Doing something you don't want to, just because you're told to, is WEAK.
Troll slayer Serpico is awesome!
Even troll could not touch Casca...damn! branded cursed-one are really different one of a kind!
Guts was badass again!
LOL Isidro burned on his own flame dagger!
Oh no! Morgan took the hit which is meant for Isidro! good thing he'll be healed by Shierke's powers also.
Shierke's witch mage powers really come in handy for defeating and disintegrating all of the trolls!
5/5.

May 7, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
Schierke's summoning in the end was amazing!
May 7, 2017 1:28 PM
May 2016
I'm just waiting for this anime every week with anticipation,not even boku no hero academia makes me so excited.Never seen old school anime or read manga and still feeling like a huge fanboy. Keep them coming 10/10.
May 9, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2016
Still can't actually bear the CGI, but man I must admit, I got insanely hyped with Guts entering the battlefield. Very badass.

Deadhouse said:
heinrich6745 said:

I just stumbled upon this picture from manga. It is literally the same scene, they obviously really love Berserk.

May 10, 2017 4:33 AM

Feb 2013
That priest looks like Beavis.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
May 12, 2017 1:51 AM

May 2016
Really good ep, can't wait for next one with Ogre and Kelpie slaughtering. I'm glad that animation has improved in comparison to the last season, more hand-drawn animations please.
May 12, 2017 11:54 AM
Apr 2015
This is probably one of the best episodes ! maybe the best one so far !
In term of the action, the use of magic, how they animated it ! Epic!

They covered everything ! Serpico skills, Farnese caring about casca and the religious shit and its relation to magical spirits, Isidro emotions, The soundtracks perfectly used , watching Guts slicing that monster! WOW

And that last scene of Guts calling Isidoro to follow him !! Well done !
Action, Emotions, Magic, Religion .. this episode had everything ! 5/5 easily !

amrmarrakMay 12, 2017 12:01 PM
May 12, 2017 12:27 PM
Dec 2014
Reverberate said:
genk1sudo said:

Just curious.

No, and I don't even know what makes you think that.

It was strictly a personal opinion.

I take it back then.. Your 'tone' confused me :)
May 14, 2017 2:42 AM

Oct 2016
Solid ep.
(15 chars minimum to post on MAL filler)
May 15, 2017 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it why does the pastor get to live?
May 20, 2017 10:09 AM
Mar 2012
osts & action getting better
nice little character stories, that Farnese/Serpico reflection quite nice to see, she's clearly growing more motherlike towards Casca.
some nice visuals like the donut, and mage barrier.

Jun 12, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm IDK I felt less hyped in this episode. But overall glad to see shit happen again.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

85 by Revanant1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 20, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 18, 2023 1:02 AM

» 3rd season?

Arddaa52 - Jul 5, 2021

19 by Amirsalar88 »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.