Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
May 5, 2017 4:51 AM

Mar 2015
How has the manga not caught up to the anime yet? I just though scanlation groups were slow but it seems like it's released every 2-3 weeks by the looks of this forum.

We could probably be seeing a second season before then manga catches up...
May 5, 2017 7:30 PM

Jun 2010
Well the anime is adaptation is based off of the LN, so manga adaptation really isn't what you ought to be reading...
May 7, 2017 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
MaceTheDon said:
Well the anime is adaptation is based off of the LN, so manga adaptation really isn't what you ought to be reading...

Yeah I know but still, you'd think the manga would've passed the anime already.
May 9, 2017 8:05 AM
Jan 2017
Not when the manga is released a chapter monthly and on a really slow basis, tops 14 to 18 pages at most ? If you see how Sword Oratoria goes, it is a full 50~56 pages chapter a month.

If they keep up the same flow, we might be seeing the manga catching up to the anime in the end of this year, or next year unfortunately, if you are a fan like me that had to know what was going to happen, go for the novels!
May 10, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
rstoledo said:
Not when the manga is released a chapter monthly and on a really slow basis, tops 14 to 18 pages at most ? If you see how Sword Oratoria goes, it is a full 50~56 pages chapter a month.

If they keep up the same flow, we might be seeing the manga catching up to the anime in the end of this year, or next year unfortunately, if you are a fan like me that had to know what was going to happen, go for the novels!

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous to have that many pages for the release times. I'm going to start reading Sword Oratoria now since that seems quite lengthy and I'm currently enjoying the anime.

I'd love to read on past the anime but I can't say novels are my thing, was never the reading type. But if I feel like it I might. How many volumes did the anime cover?
vong10May 10, 2017 5:55 AM
May 12, 2017 1:58 AM
Sep 2016
Yeah, anime had a fast progression while manga is very slow. I too started reading it but I quickly gace up after seeing how behind was. Instead I'm now buying the novels since they have an official Italian version and it's quite rare.
May 12, 2017 2:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
As a general rule, manga adaptations of LNs are terrible to read, because 1. they're always waaaaayyy behind the source material, 2. they're rarely translated, 3. they never cover the whole thing anyway

Unless you're someone who literally never reads light novels, I'd honestly recommend skipping out on LN => manga adaptations altogether. There isn't really any reason to read the manga instead of just reading the original light novel instead. Most of the time they're just made as bonus content for people who've already read the novel rather than anything that really functions as a standalone series
May 12, 2017 3:53 AM
Sep 2016
I love reading manga adaptations because they give me a visual representation of what I read, while the novels give me a better understanding of characters' thoughts and motivations. I agree that they are usually painfully slow anf often cover only a minimum part of the source material, so reading the novels is mandatory. The problem is for series like Undred, RisingxRydeen, Dakara boku wa h, when only tha manga is translated and it's nothing more than an appetizer.
Jun 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2015
This is ridiculous, even Ryu's spin off has been adapted and that's like current timeline (around vol 6) with the novel I believe, not only that but each chapter is 60+ pages which is what a monthly release should be.
vong10Jun 11, 2017 12:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Chapter 89 Discussion

badbass55 - Nov 28, 2018

6 by Jonas-K »»
Jan 3, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Chapter 86 Discussion

badbass55 - Aug 11, 2018

2 by Jonas-K »»
Jan 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Chapter 82 Discussion

Ranxomare - Feb 8, 2018

1 by Jonas-K »»
Jan 3, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Chapter 81 Discussion

Ranxomare - Feb 8, 2018

3 by Jonas-K »»
Jan 3, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Chapter 75 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

3 by Jonas-K »»
Jan 3, 2:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.