Forums

Tough client - need good anime recommendations, I've seen a lot

New
May 5, 2017 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
Hello :)
First of all, my list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DavidTamir
My list is pretty detailed, as you can see I have tags with decimal scores, I have some sort of "group rating" of 7 different levels: SS Class > S Class > Top Class > High Class > Middle Class > Low Class > Shit Class
And of course I have a lot of animes in my drops :D

Now for the recommendation.
What I want is an anime that first of all will be good, good enough for me to put it in the higher half of the high class or higher (I wish someone will give me something that I'll be able to put in the top class or higher but I dont have any expectations).
I'm currently having a problem "getting into it" so I'm requesting an anime that doesn't take too much time to become interesting and attractive, basically I don't want things like Haibane Renmei or Tatami Galaxy or even stuff like Planetes. I don't want just "anything" that is good, I know this complicates stuff a bit.

Thought about trying Legend of the galactic heroes... maybe its about time to get to it..but I doubt it will be attractive in the beginning so I'm still delaying it a little.
Trying Ashite no joe ATM, not getting too into it tho.

About genres: I dont mind any genre, just dont give me some weird shounen ai/shoujo ai or stuff that are a laughstock in the medium.
I like all the genres, it could be drama, action, fantasy, adventures, thriller, psychological, romance, SOL, music, school and whatever comes to mind, not too picky about that.
About comedy - I do like comedy but what I'm looking forward right now is first of all a story, because of that I'm not looking for anything episodic, neither a comedy nor any other type of episodic series's.

Not looking for movies (have planty I want to watch,ty).
And before you ask - yes, I don't mind if you recommend also from my Plan to watch, the reason I'm here is also because I can't find anyone that really watched most of those shows to ask him about the show and see if it's something I might wanna check right now.
This includes anything in my dropped list that you think I might of missed out on, just give me a good reason why and I'll seriously consider trying it out again from the first episode.

Thank you very much for trying to help me out of those 2-3 months that I had nothing I could take real interes in except for a few weekly animes.
Appreciate any kind of help.
DavidTamirMay 5, 2017 4:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 5:11 AM
Mar 2016
Since you did like Clannad, Hibike and Tari Tari.... you could try White Album 2. I didnt like it that much at first, but the more I think about it, the better the show becomes.
May 5, 2017 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Overfoxed said:
Since you did like Clannad, Hibike and Tari Tari.... you could try White Album 2. I didnt like it that much at first, but the more I think about it, the better the show becomes.

Do I have to watch the first white album?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 5:23 AM
Mar 2016
DavidTamir said:
Overfoxed said:

Nop, they share a Setting, but neither characters nor story development. Starting with 2 is absolutely fine.
May 5, 2017 5:41 AM

Mar 2012
Overfoxed said:
DavidTamir said:

Nop, they share a Setting, but neither characters nor story development. Starting with 2 is absolutely fine.

Ight,thx a lot :)
I read a few reviews about this show a long time ago.
Downloading it atm, will try a few episodes in like an hour or so.

If anyone have anymore reccommendations I would love to hear them, again - any genre is welcomed as long as its really good and you think I'd love it.
DavidTamirMay 5, 2017 5:45 AM
May 5, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2009
I see you liked GTO, even faved it, so I got a similar anime: Gokusen.

Pretty similar, a delinquent teacher (female this time) that starts working in a school filled with delinquents as well. Super funny, there is also a manga and live action show.

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ sᴋʏ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ
sᴛᴀʀ.
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ,
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs, sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ
ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀɪsʜ.

May 5, 2017 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Seirei no Moribito
Kemono no Souja Erin
Gakkougurashi!
Jigoku Shoujo ( this one may take time to get into it)
Kino no Tabi
+ 1 White Album 2

Prob not "high class" but still may enjoy

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Log Horizon
Akatsuki no Yona
Gin no Saji 2nd Season
Non Non Biyori
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Outbreak Company
Prison School
Love Live! School Idol Project
Gosick
Jyu Oh Sei
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Hope I've been of some help
May 5, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
- Mouryou no Hako
- Shigofumi
- Aoi Bungaku Series
- Mononoke
- Michiko to Hatchin
- Oniisama e...

Oh, and your PTW offers a lot of amazing Anime - Casshern Sins, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Saraiya Goyou, Serial Experiments Lain, Kino no Tabi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaiba.
Most of them are Psychological/Mystery so they're a bit tough to get into but I highly recommend all of them.

And you should give Shinsekai yori a second go, it also has a slow start but it's really great! :D
May 5, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
It doesn't matter that you dropped the TV series as this OVA/Movie is a completely different animal: serious, bloody yet also tender --and devastating. A haunting soundtrack that will stick with you for a long time.

Sekai no Monshou
More of an easygoing space romance really -- which pleasantly surprised me tbh. Very relaxing watching/listening to the banter between the mc's. Probably not "High Class" in your system but if you it approach it as a relaxing romance in a sci-fi setting you should be fine.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 5, 2017 4:13 PM

Mar 2012
First of all, thank you everybody!
Know that I'm not new in the industry... and I'm also very active in a certain forum (not one in english anyways) and I have been for around 6 years.
I heard about all of the animes you named and already read reviews and heard countless opinions about most of them from friends.
Still, trying to see if something will change or so, looking forward for a nice surprise :D

right now I'm still looking for this one anime that will get me hooked hard enough so I'll feel like I'm back in a good loop and I'll be able to go watch some "heavier" stuff.
maybe the anime I'm looking for is something you already suggested... well I'm going to use this weekend to find out the answer for that :D
and yes, I decide stuff pretty fast.

Galathea said:
I see you liked GTO, even faved it, so I got a similar anime: Gokusen.

Pretty similar, a delinquent teacher (female this time) that starts working in a school filled with delinquents as well. Super funny, there is also a manga and live action show.

sounds great, downloading right now.
I'm going to study education next year and want to be a teacher myself. Onizuka for me is the only show I can watch whenever I feel like I just need to smile or something. And Onizuka himself is some sort of insparation for me but thats a whole different story, I have so much to say on the subject that I can even write a book about it haha.
I'm actually starting to read the manga now after like 6 years that I avoided it because I know there's too much words there haha (and yes, my manga list is really not updated so you shouldn't check..)

Thanks a lot!
demon92ac said:
Seirei no Moribito
Kemono no Souja Erin
Gakkougurashi!
Jigoku Shoujo ( this one may take time to get into it)
Kino no Tabi
+ 1 White Album 2

Prob not "high class" but still may enjoy

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Log Horizon
Akatsuki no Yona
Gin no Saji 2nd Season
Non Non Biyori
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Outbreak Company
Prison School
Love Live! School Idol Project
Gosick
Jyu Oh Sei
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Hope I've been of some help

First of all - thank you, and yes you are helping :)

Seirei no moribito - actually I started downloading it yesterday thinking I might try it out.

Kemono no Souja erin - myself I reccommended it to a friend that likes unique animes a long time ago, after he finished watching it and loved it he told me I should try it even tho I probably won't like it (well, he knows me), tried an episode or 2..really wasn't for me.

Gakkougurashi - actually because the torrents for white album kinda got stuck for me (well..nyaa is down so I'm trying to work it out with animebytes but they gave me a few problems today with the torrents) so I started downloading gakkougurashi from a different site and it worked
right now at episode 8, its ok... but it wont be anymore than middle class probably... altho I'm not too quick to judge a series so all options r opened...still, its just entertaining for now (to kill time u know).

Jigoku Shoujo & Kino no tabi - I want to watch those shows one day... just I really don't think I'm in the mood for it now...
I don't want anything episodic (as I said - like kino no tabi) or anything that takes time to get into (and I know jigoku shoujo has that).

about those other shows - its not that they are bad or something... just some really not for me and others just are fine again - to kill time.
not what I'm looking forward atm even tho some of them I'll probably watch some day.
I have already planned to watch Log horizon, akatsuki no yona and gosick some day.

Watashi ga motenai, Koutesujou no kabaneri, Outbreak Company - Tried the first episode when they came out, dropped it in the middle of the first since I really didnt like it (like REALLY)
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Love live, Toaru hikuushi - Heard lots of opinions about those animes from people that know me and my taste, also read a few reviews and recommendations, those animes are really not for me from everything I heard.

Prison school - tried the manga for a few chapters, really disliked it... tried half of the first episode and really disliked it... not my humor at all (I'm more into the kind of humor u can get in Hajime no ippo or Slam dunk... not this at all).

Gin no Saji - its funny, I remember this anime clearly as a day.
I used to love watching it at thursday night, it gave me a real nice chill feeling that always made me smile.
but it really just goes around the same kinda idea you know... Ive seen a few episodes from the second season just because I liked the first one so much I felt like its not nice to put in the drop section with a score of 5 or 4 so I just left it like that.
It's not for me anymore, it was just because it came at the right timing in the exact day I felt like its some sort of a replacement for SKET Dance (same day same feeling of letting go) and even until today - I'm still always looking for a weekly anime at thursdays that will warm my heart a little (it could be Hibike euphonium 2, All out or even Tsuki ga kirei this season, it doesnt have to be great but it has to be charming and relaxing).
Gin no saji season 2 isn't an option anymore.

Non Non Biyori - thats a really good suggestion, thank you, I'll read a few reviews later. heard good things about this anime a few years back.
Jyu oh sei -first I've heard of it, will look into it later!

thx a lot.
TheWhiteDemon said:
- Mouryou no Hako
- Shigofumi
- Aoi Bungaku Series
- Mononoke
- Michiko to Hatchin
- Oniisama e...

Oh, and your PTW offers a lot of amazing Anime - Casshern Sins, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Saraiya Goyou, Serial Experiments Lain, Kino no Tabi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaiba.
Most of them are Psychological/Mystery so they're a bit tough to get into but I highly recommend all of them.

And you should give Shinsekai yori a second go, it also has a slow start but it's really great! :D

yeah I know that I'm missing out on many great animes in the psychological genre.
and I know all about how much I should rewatch shinsekai yori too (just really delaying reliving those 4 episodes again XD but don't worry, someday I'll rewatch it properly).
about ur recommendations - michiko to hatchin sounds like something really interesting, I actually came across a review of this show like 3 weeks ago and was like "oh, thats the first I've heard about this show"
the rest - I know the animes already.

Mouryou - I think it's really not my type, I will give it a second look later to try.
Shigofumi - definetly will try it out.

Aoi bungaku - this anime has been in my PTW for like 3 years, then I started looking into it a little, read a bit more about it, this anime is the exact type I dont like in animes. Every good review about this anime told me all the things I needed to know in order to just stay away from it and realize its just not for me.
I could explain to you why but I'm already typing a lot as it is (and you guys don't know me, I can really write a lot when I just feel like it,haha)

Mononoke - episodic, heard a lot about it, the "horror" type of mushishi... really not looking for something like that right now (whenever I'll feel like it I'll just go back to mushishi or start natsume or go to mononoke...tho I don't really want them right now).

Oniisama - Shoujo ai.. but with that in mind - you didn't give me any bullshit recommendations so I believe theres something there so I'll look it up and maybe even watch the first few episodes to understand it myself.

about what u said with my recommendations and generally - if you could, please give me your opinion about what are the good points in Casshern sins, Texhnolyze, serial experiments lain and kaiba.
again - Right now I'm looking for something that will be a little less..lets say heavy...
but it's not that I wont watch those shows some day..im not in a hurry.

thx a lot :)
8oomer said:
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku-hen
It doesn't matter that you dropped the TV series as this OVA/Movie is a completely different animal: serious, bloody yet also tender --and devastating. A haunting soundtrack that will stick with you for a long time.

Sekai no Monshou
More of an easygoing space romance really -- which pleasantly surprised me tbh. Very relaxing watching/listening to the banter between the mc's. Probably not "High Class" in your system but if you it approach it as a relaxing romance in a sci-fi setting you should be fine.

seen 2 episodes of the OVA a long time ago (around 6 years ago... when I was 16 or something)
it was ok... not that attractive and I didn't want to continue too much so I just didn't do anything with it.
Felt like I didn't really get into it enough to give it a score back at the time and just left it out of my list.

Sekai no Monshou - I'll look into it later and read a few reviews about it :)
as for RIGHT NOW I'm looking for something on a whole different level but maybe in a few weeks I'll watch it spontaniously like how I usually pick up stuff :D

thx a lot.
DavidTamirMay 5, 2017 4:31 PM
May 5, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2015
Guilty Crown as an SS Class...alright then. I hope you're not one of those watchers who judge an anime by its cover. Since it's nearing Mother's Day, I'm going to take a bit of a risk and recommend you Witchblade. I recommended this to a user on MAL, who is a mother. She was a bit skeptical at first from looking at the cover. But when she finished the series, she gave it a 10 and put it at the top of her favorites list. And since you're looking for something to hook you right away, the first episode of this anime should do just enough to get you to keep watching.
May 5, 2017 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
Tarotist said:
Guilty Crown as an SS Class...alright then. I hope you're not one of those watchers who judge an anime by its cover. Since it's nearing Mother's Day, I'm going to take a bit of a risk and recommend you Witchblade. I recommended this to a user on MAL, who is a mother. She was a bit skeptical at first from looking at the cover. But when she finished the series, she gave it a 10 and put it at the top of her favorites list. And since you're looking for something to hook you right away, the first episode of this anime should do just enough to get you to keep watching.

will try it out (either tomorrow or at sunday probably... needa finish with school live today and quickly go on to white album)

and Guilty Crown is my Guilty Pleasure.
dont be the one to judge me by the cover.
May 5, 2017 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
cant believe you havent seen uchuu kyoudai

May 5, 2017 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
Gosick and Kekkaishi.
KlausVonReinherz said:

Uchuu Kyoudai is slow paced
May 6, 2017 1:47 AM

Mar 2012
KlausVonReinherz said:

B-B-B-But
I have seen it :(
30 episodes of it.
its on hold, I dont know if or when I'll get back to it. I've seen it until the point where the brother saw a spaceship going off to space in this park or whatever and it was a nice view to see.
but it wasn't as interesting as I expected at the time so I didnt continue
thx tho!
Brb said:
Gosick and Kekkaishi.
KlausVonReinherz said:

ohh
can you tell me a bit about kekkaishi?
heard a lot about it but didn't get to speak with someone that saw it yet, whats good about it? how its like?

and thank you :)
DavidTamirMay 6, 2017 1:56 AM
May 6, 2017 3:05 AM

Jun 2015
DavidTamir said:
KlausVonReinherz said:

B-B-B-But
I have seen it :(
30 episodes of it.
its on hold, I dont know if or when I'll get back to it. I've seen it until the point where the brother saw a spaceship going off to space in this park or whatever and it was a nice view to see.
but it wasn't as interesting as I expected at the time so I didnt continue
thx tho!
Brb said:
Gosick and Kekkaishi.

ohh
can you tell me a bit about kekkaishi?
heard a lot about it but didn't get to speak with someone that saw it yet, whats good about it? how its like?

and thank you :)

Youkai Action Fantasy. IMO it has great immersion but doesn't sacrifice pacing for it(well it is action, so...). The characters aren't the greatest, but they're not generic.
May 6, 2017 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
I think I got what I needed guys, thx. I'll try out all of the animes that u named here in this thread and if I get stuck again will come back in a few months ^^

thx a lot :) and have a great week!
Overfoxed said:

Its 1am and I need to wake up in 5 hours but I had to say that.
Finished White album just now, it was really an amazing story, great build up, so many delicate foreshadowing, great literature devices and just enough not to be out in the open and seem too much.
A specific scene in the last episode almost made my heart explode.

Thank you :)
May 7, 2017 8:11 AM
Mar 2016
DavidTamir said:
I think I got what I needed guys, thx. I'll try out all of the animes that u named here in this thread and if I get stuck again will come back in a few months ^^

thx a lot :) and have a great week!
Overfoxed said:

Its 1am and I need to wake up in 5 hours but I had to say that.
Finished White album just now, it was really an amazing story, great build up, so many delicate foreshadowing, great literature devices and just enough not to be out in the open and seem too much.
A specific scene in the last episode almost made my heart explode.

Thank you :)

Glad you enjoyed it! I totally see, what you describe there :)

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

4 by Ten »»
17 minutes ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 2 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
3 hours ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.