Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 4, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2010
I doubt Chinatsu will become "evil" for the sake of evil. She's clearly interested, but actually no girl that would like to "steal" a guy would tell her rival first. She's just being honest. Plus, I don't think this show will not go to extreme melodrama territory as it will betray the overall atmosphere of the show. You guys watched too much of shows like Kuzu no Honkai lol.
May 4, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
vidy said:
anyone know the insert song title at 19:35 ?

Did you try reading the comments first? I already posted that it's a cover of "Yasashii kimochi" (やさしい気持ち). The original song is from Chara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1QJ56BINLw VEVO video of the original
May 4, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
Anathor said:
I wonder if Chinatsu even likes him. I can't help but feel like she is going for Kotarou for the heck of it, or to mess around with Akane. She does know about them liking each other. More than her though, I'd be worried about Hira. He is seriously going for Akane and while she doesn't like him, yet, I can see her beginning to give in due to Chinatsu's actions...It's all Chinatsu's fault >.<

Nah, I'm 100% positive Hira and Chinatsu don't stand a chance. I mean, I can see them creating drama and all that stuff regarding jealously, but it won't reach the point of Akane and Kotarou breaking up. But I agree, Hira is the one I'm worried about, he better stay away from Akane.
May 4, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
It's so weird how closely this anime depicted my first crush. Both the girl in question and I were both pretty shy and mostly texted, we never really found the time or courage to talk a lot at school, and seeing parallels like that make pretty happy for Akane and Koutaro when they do find those sweet moments together.

Holy the handholding was cute af, but dang both Chinatsu and Hira are going to be an issue. Please protect this pure love

Oh and the shorts are just as entertaining and cute as ever.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 4, 2017 2:25 PM

Apr 2015

I don't approve of this development >:l

Drama incoming noooo
May 4, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2015
I actually like Chinatsu more than Akane ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This anime is adorable as fuck though.

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

May 4, 2017 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
School Days v2 started since this episode :D

Young maidens in love :P

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 4, 2017 2:48 PM

Dec 2016
I hope the end doesn't fuck us !!
May 4, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Akane is such a jealous type..... I ship their melancholy love all the way
May 4, 2017 2:59 PM

Nov 2016
Okay, Chinatsu is not evil but she sure is annoying. Even more than Hira.

May 4, 2017 3:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Chinatsu plz, could you fucking not

Dont remember last time i fangirled over something so innocent as a handholding.

Definitly top 3 non sequels so far
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 4, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
To be fair, Chinatsu really hasn't done anything wrong. Akane's platonic interactions with Koutaro sort of directed her attention to him, whilst her own interactions with him on and off probably stoked her own interest. Plus, it's not like Akane and Koutaro actually announced that they were going out or anything, so in her eyes, he's free and still on the market. You really can't fault her for considering Koutaro. Though given her friendship with Akane, I can see this either being resolved in a flash or turning ugly real fast, depending on whether they tell her about them dating soon. Chinatsu reminds me of Hazuki of Hibike, so I don't expect her to go all nutty unless she gets really hurt by the two of them.

Hiro on the other hand seems to be more problematic here. He's obviously got his eyes on Akane, and probably has no issue with showing his preference for her, given how every single kouhai has to ask her for clarification on things. That said, I don't see him as the type of guy to give up unless Akane explicitly states that she doesn't like him, and that is one thing I don't see happening anytime soon given her push-over, go-with-the-flow mentality. I see this one becoming more of a problem because I can totally see him trying to force a relationship out of Akane, and her not being able to stop him. And given who his rival is, I don't think he'll just back off even when he finds out.

We'll probably have to have Koutaro man the f up then to sort things out. But that's probably something for a later episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 4, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
I don't like where it's going. Absolutely don't like. Now Akane will be troubled and she might be thinking about giving up on him, then Mr. Unwanted will spot the chance for stealing Akane.
Pls, I want to be wrong...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 4, 2017 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
The horrible background CGI is back in force! I really was getting into this episode like I hadn't before...that is I was for the first half of the episode then it went back to the cringy social awkwardness! I think Azumi would be a better match with Chinatsu (they even have the same haircut!) and Akane would be better matched with that Hira guy imo. Better episode than the last couple and the pace is picking up now that they are actually dating...so I guess we will see how this love triangle works out!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 4, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
I like Chinatsu and I wonder wether she has a genuine interest in Kotarou, she stares at him sometimes but the way they presented their interactions, it's like she can give up hope already. He doesn't look at her at all, he is almost relieved when she leaves the library, he doesn't care about her Line ID even one bit : it's so rude the way he forgot her request, it's like being rejected even as a friend. Brutal! NO CHANCE. Actually I am even surprised that she finds him interesting given the total indifference he shows towards her and the fact she knows he loves Akane. Curly hairs shouldn't be enough to fall in love. That's why people saying she sent this message without meaning it might be right.
May 4, 2017 3:36 PM

May 2009
I fucking knew that generic tomboy will ruin everything
May 4, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2014
Tomboy deserves it. Best character by far.

May 4, 2017 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
santk said:
Tomboy deserves it. Best character by far.

No. She's a goddamn homewrecker.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 4, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
Another ep full of pure cuteness. Not only was that handhold timed just right, but it captured the awkwardness of bold middle school first relationship moves. no eye contact and frozen up arms just grasping hands not wanting to disrupt the broken ground.

Also good foreshadowing when Akane guugled dating advice and "dont check your texts instantly on a date" and low and behold she did and it didnt end well.
May 4, 2017 4:39 PM
Mar 2017
Omg i love this epeisode, but the love triangle appear in all romances, so what think all? they're broke or coninue on relation ship?
May 4, 2017 4:55 PM
Sep 2016
Jakerams said:
I honestly think Chinatsu sent the message purposely to push Akane and Kotarou together even more since she obviously knows they both like each other and she saw that they were meeting in the library as well.

If that's is true then she is best girl.
May 4, 2017 5:18 PM

Sep 2016
The absolute madman strikes again! He gets to meet his gf in a fairly secluded place and takes her hand in just five episodes! Holy shit, with this sort of pacing we might even see a kiss by episode 8 or so, provided that Chinatsu's crush doesn't turn into a major disruption.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

May 4, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh whattttt. I thought Chinatsu knew about the two of them (how could she not, with what happened on the trip plus them intending to meet alone in the library?) but now it seems like she might just be ultra clueless. Not looking good!! Especially with her forwardness combined with the other two's awkwardness and how Akane was already feeling jealous because of Chinatsu. DON'T MESS UP MY SOFT FEELINGS JAM GIRL.
May 4, 2017 6:21 PM

Feb 2016
here we come...a new round of friendships being broken
May 4, 2017 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
I had zero idea coming into the season that this would be in my top 3. So very relaxing, like Pingu for adults. But what I love most is that I feel like it's something very real and now I'm just bracing myself for tears. We all know they're coming soon...
May 4, 2017 7:47 PM
Jan 2017
Is it really wrong for me to think the series feels a lot more organic and natural when the suporting characters are in the limelight? Look, it's been five episodes and in my opinion, Kotaro and Akane spend more time struggling to even start a relationship instead of being in a relationship. Not helping at all is that it seems that their voice actors seem to be going through the motions instead of delivering a convincing performance. The episode was saved thanks to Takumi and Chinatsu giving out some much needed drama and the post-credit skits.
May 4, 2017 7:49 PM
Mar 2011
Nooooo chinatsuuuu, why???
May 4, 2017 7:50 PM

Oct 2011
Chinatsu noooooo
go date hirasenpai
May 4, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
WHAT IS THIS FEELING THAT INVOKED ME WATCHING THIS!!?? the first half was overpowered drama and then I thought and finally thought that the libary's visit will saved my day BUT THAT DAMN CURLY GIRL RETURNED HER OVERPOWERED DRAMA WITH A POWERFUL MESSAGE!!! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! I Cant take it anymore!!

Again that stupid boy(maybe he names hira?) well that is more and more stupid!! dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit! he will again attack my heart on the next episode!!

Anyway, i am damn dumbfounded by thiis such drama! (somehow reminds me of the similar experience I had with couple episode of Elfied lied) but nevertheless this episode is absolutely solid 9/10.
May 4, 2017 8:18 PM
Nov 2016
lovely episode, especially when after he touched her hand.

Incoming drama!
May 4, 2017 8:25 PM
Apr 2017
This episode is full of drama lol
Taking from my experience in middle school
1.Girl can get jealous so easy, akane you one of it lol
2."Dating" can destroy friendship.-.,hope akane and chinatsu friendship doesn't end after that ending

So we gonna see #teamakane v #teamchinatsu soon? XD

The short episode is funny, kota friends is making me laugh lol
May 4, 2017 8:36 PM
Oct 2012
While I get that this animation is trying to capture the uncertainty, embarrassment and fear of first love, please dear god stop the "their eyes met, both pretend to look away, but each discovers the other looking at them and in turn become embarrassed" theme.
May 4, 2017 8:37 PM
Nov 2016
Actually would like to see it develop into something more complex than a basic couple show. Would actually be interesting if they don't actually ever manage to get it going full steam and both start to realize that they're a better fit as supportive friends rather than romantically involved. Or that they realize that they're actually a better fit with Chinatsu and Hira respectively. But hey seein that ED and knowing anime history it's probably gonna be straightforward as ever ^^ Not that it wold annoy me per se since it's pretty cute as is, but I would like seeing an anime trying something different.
May 4, 2017 9:38 PM
Jun 2016
These two are the epitome of cute. And that ending...

It was pretty obvious where this was heading with Chinatsu and Hira. We need SOME sort of drama I guess.

Those CGI crowds are starting to get to me. They move like robots and it's really jarring.
May 4, 2017 10:16 PM

May 2010
This show has charm. Really love the atmosphere. So cute and innocent. Will be one of my favorites of the season if they keep this up.
May 4, 2017 10:46 PM
Feb 2013
I'm really love Akane in her Cheerleader uniform, those twin tails are really cute
May 4, 2017 10:53 PM

Mar 2016
God their synchronized sigh get me every time...

I'm really loving this anime it's so fun to relax and watch this relationship flourish!

Oh shit... I think this anime is going from a love triangel to a pentagon then decoagon real quick. I literally can't wait for all the drama to start!
UrbanJahtsMay 4, 2017 10:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 10:56 PM

Jan 2014
whats with all the hate with Chinatsu? just cause she likes the guy doesnt make her a hussy. ofc i ship the main characters but if they're so likeable it should be no surprise others like them.
May 4, 2017 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
no break ups plz. I don't wanna see them break up even if temporarily. This and KADO are the best so far, especially this.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 4, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2015
That ending segment lol Azumi & Akane holding hands was cute af, I didn't expect that to be honest. Hira and Chinatsu are bad news in my eyes, let's see how this love triangle (soon to be square) turns out.
May 5, 2017 12:00 AM

Oct 2016
I'm really getting the same awful vibes as School Days... :< I hope it's just me.

I love the mini-episodes at the end, they depicted the reality so well lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 5, 2017 12:09 AM

Dec 2014
After saw this episode i have one conclusion for myself

My Brain ordering me to Stop watching this anime, but my Heart said to keep watching it.
May 5, 2017 12:24 AM

Jul 2010
Upset about this Chinatsu girl. Leave them be! I don't want unnecessary drama/misunderstandings to result. It's been really simple and refreshing so far -- I don't want a love triangle to ruin that. I hope they handle it in a realistic, non-melodramatic way.

I like Akane's senpai though. He seems like a cool guy and knows his boundaries.
A text like that from Chinatsu is honestly so bitchy and arrogant. She obviously knows Akane and him have a thing.

And LOL, what's with these middle schoolers having boyfriends in college and going to hotels? Pls stop, anime.

Lshalo said:
Actually would like to see it develop into something more complex than a basic couple show. Would actually be interesting if they don't actually ever manage to get it going full steam and both start to realize that they're a better fit as supportive friends rather than romantically involved. Or that they realize that they're actually a better fit with Chinatsu and Hira respectively. But hey seein that ED and knowing anime history it's probably gonna be straightforward as ever ^^ Not that it wold annoy me per se since it's pretty cute as is, but I would like seeing an anime trying something different.

Go watch a different show. There are tons of unnecessarily complex love triangles, squares, pentagons, etc.
This is unique because of its simplicity (at least so far), so really it is trying something different.

HeroVladimir93 said:
Is it really wrong for me to think the series feels a lot more organic and natural when the suporting characters are in the limelight? Look, it's been five episodes and in my opinion, Kotaro and Akane spend more time struggling to even start a relationship instead of being in a relationship. Not helping at all is that it seems that their voice actors seem to be going through the motions instead of delivering a convincing performance. The episode was saved thanks to Takumi and Chinatsu giving out some much needed drama and the post-credit skits.

I think it's actually much more organic with the MCs. The side characters perpetuate the usual anime tropes -- the older senpai on the sports team, the tomboy girl who pretends to be friendly but actually has a crush. Instead, the MCs really feel like middle schoolers experiencing a 'relationship' for the first time. It's awkward, and they don't know how to act around each other, they text better than they talk, but that's what makes it so real and relatable. I could barely manage a sentence to the guy I liked way back in middle school. It's more about growing up than the relationship itself, I feel. If you're looking for copy-and-paste relationship drama, watch a different anime.
fishergirl16May 5, 2017 12:47 AM
May 5, 2017 2:34 AM
Apr 2017
I was really excited about the direction of this show, and as much as I appreciate Chinatsu for who she is... I don't look forward to what she might end up doing.

Thus far, I've really enjoyed this anime because it reminds me so much of my own life.
PanchitoMatteMay 5, 2017 2:41 AM
May 5, 2017 4:38 AM

Aug 2015
Chinatsu knew or sort of knew that Akane and Azumi were dating, so I don't think she'll be in the way of the two lovers, as for Hira well I'm worried that he'll be the one that'll make the things more complicated he seems persistent guy.

The short stories were great as usual.
May 5, 2017 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
AGGHHH !! THIS IS TOO SWEEEEEET !! IM MELTING ! IM MEEELLLTTIIING !!

May 5, 2017 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
GundamSoul said:

Man. I haven't been this excited for a weekly anime in years. The wait kills me.

Same here. I don't usually watch middle school anime but dang, this is just too adorable and those cliffhangers just make me impatient for the next episode.

Although I ship for the 2 main lovebirds, I also like chinatsu. She has a lively personality that makes her likable. I don't think she sent the message in purpose to annoy or destroy the relationship. I legitimately think she fell for him during that "walking home at night" incident. After almost getting hit by a car, he moved to the left side of chinatsu, making her walk in the safe side... Who wouldn't fall for a kind gentleman like that? She prolly messaged Akane because Akane is the reason why chinatsu became friends with kotarou, meaning she's the bridge. Kids nowadays would ask their common friend to help with their love related matters.

If only they could be a bit affectionate in public or subtly hint that they are dating, other people wouldnt hit on or flirt with each others partners. Their classmates would know they are off the market.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 5, 2017 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
Lol he actually sit-up right there. I'm done.
May 5, 2017 7:30 AM

Mar 2013
It was awkward.
It was cute.
It was heartwarming.
Couldn't stop grinning whole episode.

And damn, the insert song really lifts up the mood.

I just hope the anime don't ends up with tomboy x MC and Akarne x Hira
May 5, 2017 7:52 AM

May 2015
My heart is melting from cuteness :c
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.