Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2017 8:06 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The movie blew my greatest expectations away. Amazing animation and editing from start to finish. Even the animation in the exhibition match against Team Strky was crazy good. Nash's dribbling was unbelievable. It is also very fast-paced despite the 90 min length. The entire match proceeded with very few interruptions. There were the usual few timeouts, a couple of flashbacks, and very occasionally the scene switched to the spectators but the pace really amazed me. There were a few times I wanted to take a drink but so much was happening on screen and so fast I couldn't peel my eyes away. Think the final play from Haikyuu S2.

In short, the movie made everything from the manga better. The execution and timing of the jokes were excellent. I laughed with the audience even though I've read the manga probably 10 times. Some people in the audience laughed every single time Murasakibara spoke. His VA is so frigging good with the deadpan delivery.

Practically every dunk and every dribble was beautifully animated. You'll definitely see a lot more ball-handling and dribbling (Akashi and Nash went nuts in the final quarter) than what you are used to in the anime. Except for Aomine's formless shots (there were 3). Strangely, the formless shots weren't animated well and no replays for those shots.

The Kise and Murasakibara heroic moments were so badass. Music played a huge part in that of course.

I think only Alex, Silver, an American High School coach and Akashi spoke any English in the movie. Akashi spoke 2 lines and Jason only one. Couldn't remember if Nash or Riko's dad spoke any.

And damn, if it wasn't obvious already in the manga, Aomine is the MVP. Dude was defensively and offensively instrumental in all 4 quarters, combining with Akashi, Kagami, Kuroko, and Kise at various moments in the match.

Lastly, there's a post-credits scene.
TorribleMay 4, 2017 8:36 AM
May 16, 2017 8:17 PM
Apr 2011
Is there any news when this will be out subbed?
May 17, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
Icy3001 said:
Is there any news when this will be out subbed?

Not yet. You have to wait for the announcement of the Blu-ray release date.

Note that the general screening for Vietnam starts on July 18 (you didn't read wrong, it's July). So the release date would probably be 2-3 months after July, maybe more.
May 20, 2017 1:44 AM

Jul 2015
I just missed the post credits. no details on the net either *nvm found a tumblr post

FML.

I loved all the Zone parts, especially Kise's
ronpdeeMay 20, 2017 1:48 AM

May 29, 2017 5:08 AM

May 2013
I want MORE! :'(

gosh, kagami cried ;w; kuroko as well ;w;
bye-bye kagami ;w; I almost cried at that part orz
made by bunnyama
May 29, 2017 12:46 PM
May 2017
Where can I watch this subbed in America? I mean the country, I want it subbed in English lol I want to purchase or watch in America.
Aug 16, 2017 3:15 AM

Mar 2010
Very good movie , in fact seeing all the main characters of miracles generation made me feel so nostalgic and sad T_T , but very great 'additional' closure to the series :)
though I always been wondering about their backgrounds like families , parents / siblings , it would be awesome if the mangaka add these into a further little sequel , just for fun ..

I will definitely miss Kuroko and Kagami duo , and of course the other four kiseki no sedai awesome characters . Masterpiece. 10/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2017 1:34 AM

Nov 2009
Aomine is the most irreplaceable player (stayed on the whole game, starting and not being substituted even once, and then, after the party, said he's got enough stamina to have no problem playing another game that Akashi suggested), Midorima is the player who scored most points, Kise shone the brightest and shortest, Akashi got the most character development, and Murasakibara started unearthing his full potential although it was cut short by the injury. All in all, nice fanservice, I wish we could have the opportunity and pleasure to watch the future of all these guys.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 18, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
This movie is a masterpiece. Some manga scenes were excluded, but the animation compensated for it.
Aomine - Irreplaceable
Akashi - Genius
Kise - Strongest (short)
Midorima - Sniper
Kagami - Kagami
Murasakibara - Wall
Kuroko - Strongest support.

Thank you for showing us the animation of the Generation of Miracles playing vs a same level team. Priceless. (I consider Kagami one of the Generation of Miracles)

11/10
Sep 19, 2017 4:22 AM
Mar 2014
"WOW" this is so good
can't wait to rewatch after sub out though >.<
Sep 19, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2013
I just keep watching (the raw) the entire part from the 'Belial Eye' reveal to the end of the match over and over.
Sep 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Now I know where the animation for Ballroom e Youkoso went^^

Wow, just wow, this was without a doubt one of the best watches I had in a while, every second of it was entertaining. Great animation,soundtracks and so much goosebumps.

They made some changes and one or two cool things out from the source were left out, but aside from that it was lit.

Kise in the Zone, Murasakibara full power, Midorima-Akashi combi, Kagamis and Aomines double Ace awakening and Akashis perferct eye,as well as Kuroko getting angry, everyone had his time to shine which was a pleasure to watch.

The last segment with the departure of Kuroko and Kagami was also extremely good and emotional.

Now I also get why this movie is called "Last Game".

A 10/10 is maybe a bit too much, but I fucking love this franchise <3

Edit: After a rewatch I settled for a 9/10

Also don't watch on Gogoanime, subs were shitty and the part after the game wasn't subbed at all -.- :D
FMmatronFeb 5, 2018 3:09 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2011
FMmatron said:

Also don't watch on Gogoanime, subs were shitty and the part after the game wasn't subbed at all -.- :D

They all have almost the same source lol, will have to wait for other subs if you want the full version. Anyway, 8/10 for me, very good movie with superb animation, but reading the manga had alot more impact for me tbh.

Anyone know who is the guy in grey hair that occasionally shows up once in awhile? Can't recall we have a character like that

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
Kiev said:
FMmatron said:

They all have almost the same source lol, will have to wait for other subs if you want the full version. Anyway, 8/10 for me, very good movie with superb animation, but reading the manga had alot more impact for me tbh.

Anyone know who is the guy in grey hair that occasionally shows up once in awhile? Can't recall we have a character like that

Oh lol.

Hmm not too sure if this was a joke regarding his phantom presence, but just in case

https://myanimelist.net/character/94733/Chihiro_Mayuzumi

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2017 2:18 PM

Sep 2014
Nice animation for the most part. Everybody got their shine. A lot of the dialogue though was really cheesey and the "engrish" was especially cringey, and the villains felt really generic.

7.5/10

Lol I wonder if seeing this movie made Japanese people hate Americans.
Sep 19, 2017 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
Man, that was a great conclusion to the kuroko no basket series.

Got me thinking tho. If the skills of these US street basketball players are like this, just what kind of superpowers would the NBA players have in this universe? O.O

Good thing I know quite a bit of Japanese so I could still understand the unsubbed part.
Sep 19, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2016
I great way to end the series!

Live Long Kuroko no Basket!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 19, 2017 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
Seems like a pretty unfair game for jabberwock. 5 vs 7 and they also got a coach.

7.5-8/10
Sep 20, 2017 1:38 AM

Feb 2014
Best end to one of the thrilling sports series!! Definitely in the zone!!
9/10.

fNeL said:
Seems like a pretty unfair game for jabberwock. 5 vs 7 and they also got a coach.

7.5-8/10

XD True that!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 20, 2017 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
fNeL said:

7.5-8/10

i felt the same way .. it's was only nash and silver against generation of miracles in zone and emperor eye xD
i felt so bad for nash

Sep 20, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
well... that sucked. rip my expectations
Sep 20, 2017 7:55 PM

Feb 2016
Ahh this show never fails to get me so hyped. I Could watch this series for days, if only there was more. Just makes me wanna get on a court and ball out with the crew, if only I had such skill lol. Guess i'll just stick to NBA 2K for now :P

Ending song was great!

Best Moment
KurijiSep 20, 2017 8:09 PM
Sep 20, 2017 7:57 PM
Oct 2009
Well now kuroko is dead. I was hopping he would get a powerup or enter the zone but i think my expectations were too high T_T
Sep 20, 2017 10:30 PM

Sep 2011
I can't somehow stand that Aomine is nerfed on this movie.

Sep 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Jan 2009
better subs are out btw

they added that Kagami will train and play in the NBA lol that was never in the manga from what i recall

and damn they did not change the manga battle like i was expecting Murasakibara and Midorima enter the zone too

to me Midorima is still the strongest there even without a zone, maybe if he achieves zone he can be ambidextrous and shoot 3 pointers with either of his hands

but overall very good adaptation
Sep 21, 2017 1:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was highly enjoyable, I felt a wave of nostalgia watching this. The animation was beautiful throughout the whole movie *_* Couldn't stop marveling at the cinematography and the fluid animation. Music was also on point.

I felt really proud watching the Generation of Miracle + Kagami work together, it's really fulfilling to see them all have grown past the way they were in the beginning of the series. Glad Kagami is going to fulfill his dream, and Aomine will as well, although who knows when XD Kagami wanting to express how grateful he is for Kuroko was also great. I never cared much for Kagami, but I still appreciate the relationship he has with Kuroko. And of course, Akashi. He's become complete, and we can't expect such an epic match to end without at least one power-up ^^ I like how Emperor's Eye was actually an incomplete ability.
Sep 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2014
Honestly imo this was pretty dissapointing and im a pretty big Kuroko fan
The animation was definitely a 10/10 but i honestly didn't get that hyped and it felt like almost all the characters didn't play nearly aswell as in the series,
i obviously understand the opponents were very strong but imo it still felt that way.
And the thing i'm not very fond of is that it's obvious who is gonna win, like it almost feels like they are wasting their time trying to make it seem like they won't
One movie based around 1 game and i still felt the games in the series were still better
Want to give it a good rating but just can't, around a 5-6/10 for me
Sep 21, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2016
Brilliant movie! I've read the manga but didn't remember alot. Final conclusion to Kuroko and Kagami journey together. It was heartbreaking to see their duo break up at the end. Both of them cried...

8/10
Sep 21, 2017 1:39 PM
Feb 2013
Watched 2 times in a row already. Just perfect. I read manga, yet Im a bit dissapointed, cause there was no " The only one who can beat me is ME " from Aomine. And I would love to see what whould be Midorima Zone, since he can already shoot 3P from all court ;)
Sep 21, 2017 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
Tennouji said:
I can't somehow stand that Aomine is nerfed on this movie.

Me too. That sucks :/
Sep 21, 2017 2:44 PM

Feb 2014
sucks that the arts different :< i dont like kise and momos hair cri
but still a good movie !!
Sep 22, 2017 1:06 AM

Sep 2013
Akilis93 said:
Watched 2 times in a row already. Just perfect. I read manga, yet Im a bit dissapointed, cause there was no " The only one who can beat me is ME " from Aomine. And I would love to see what whould be Midorima Zone, since he can already shoot 3P from all court ;)

Midorima won't enter the zone because the author hasn't figured out how to make electricity shoot out of his glasses without making him look funny.
Sep 22, 2017 1:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that Jabberwock got so little depth to them. No characterization at all and they were made out to be nothing but shallow and generic villains in the end. That was pretty lame

That said, fun to see the Generation of Miracles reunited and playing together against a worthy opponent for once
Sep 22, 2017 2:39 AM

Jun 2012
I liked how they use the legend of Jabberwock and the vorpal sword as names.And I'm glad to see that Midorima-----TakaoAkashi combo again.
Sep 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
Jabberwock were shit tier villains but seeing the GoM working together had me fanboying.

Poor Kagami was the most useless in this match lol

Those post credit scenes were a surprise after reading the manga but it does give a more conclusive feel to the movie which I really liked.

Also the animation for the movie was top notch! Loved every bit of action in this :)
Sep 22, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2016
While the Jabberwocks were very stereotypical villains, this was really enjoyable to watch. I've always wanted the GoM to come together again.

I don't know why but I found it kinda funny how Silver was practically forgotten after he broke Murasakibara's arm. It's like "oh man we've been focusing on one stereotypical villain for too long, let's move to the next one and give him a very short flashback even though we're not gonna develop his character whatsoever!"

It was cheesy and kinda predictable, but had amazing animation, an very conclusive ending, nostalgia, and Akashi got character development. I'm gonna miss this series. 9/10

Sep 22, 2017 11:27 PM

Mar 2017
Ahhhhh I've missed the GoM! I love Mura so much, he really got some spot light!

Too bad we couldn't see Teppei more.

So good to see best girl Momoi again also!
LunarPisces1Sep 26, 2017 2:53 PM
Sep 23, 2017 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
Really awesome match, too bad that Jabberwock didn't have 5 star players.
Sep 23, 2017 12:14 PM
Apr 2014
Well, I have to say, that match had a pretty f-ing skilled cameraman, lmao.
This is Too team watching it on TV.

Sep 23, 2017 3:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING KUROKO NO BASKET !!! There's no beating KNB for sports, Legendary game!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 23, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2010
Seeing GoM playing together as a team melted my heart. I've missed KnB so much and this was the perfect finale. I didn't sign up for that last feels trip tho
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Sep 23, 2017 11:52 PM

Aug 2008
No Zone from Midorima? Good send off to this brilliant anime.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 24, 2017 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
I reeeally wasn't prepared for that Kagami/Kuroko goodbye, besides being a complete wuss about goodbye-scenes in general, seeing these two seperating.... I better go watch some puppies and kittens pictures or something

Overall 8/10

Sep 24, 2017 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
pfft Hiroshi Kamiya's Engrish.

Damn non-stop fluid animation throughout the game. Even though I knew it was made to be a movie instead of being simply an abridged version of the show, the amount of quality cuts was still surprising. Great send-off to the series, gonna miss it.

8/10
I need sleep.
Sep 27, 2017 3:36 PM

Sep 2016
so, are we getting akashi x akashi selfcest doujin?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 28, 2017 6:25 AM
Feb 2015
The movie had everything that I loved about kuroko no basket and even more.
Just wanted to say that the part that Kagami leaves for america is anime original ( wasn't in the manga). I think they put that so they can finish the story once and for all.
Sep 28, 2017 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
It was a good but, but am I misremembering something? I recall either Hyuga or Takao actually playing in the match for a short while, and I don't recall the 3rd quarter in this movie at all.
Oct 1, 2017 9:45 AM

Sep 2015
As much as it's fun to watch, I just cannot take it seriously -.-
Still it's a decent movie
Oct 2, 2017 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
Team Jabberwock looked like a gang of rapists/thieves/murderers etc. who learned playing in prison. They themselves looked like the real apes. I don't understand why they were calling Kuroko and his teammates "monkeys".
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Final: Who's The Strongest of the Generation of Miracles?

ShadowL24 - Jan 11, 2021

6 by KingBaller06 »»
Jan 9, 7:44 PM

» is this series well adapted? recommendable to watch this with a kid?

seba_kings - Jul 23, 2021

3 by Burdentosociety »»
Jul 24, 2021 10:07 PM

» What happened?

krishbutforanime - Jul 9, 2021

1 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Jul 9, 2021 4:46 PM

» Digital Release was Sept 1st...

Icy3001 - Sep 13, 2017

2 by Guranto-kun »»
Feb 4, 2018 11:54 PM

» Is there a lot of Engrish in this?

gghelis - Mar 20, 2017

7 by Sebastian333 »»
Aug 21, 2017 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.