Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Reading this chapter with "Ne-Yo - So Sick" as background song is so perfect T_T

May 5, 2017 12:27 AM

Nov 2016
Seems like Nanami senpai was having some hardcore identity crisis lol (her dead sister's identity crisis that is), but it was nice to see Yuu display how much she cares for her since it's another step taken towards her accepting or realizing the fact that she truly loves touko (even though Touko is still as selfish as ever).
I like the fact that the kissing scene in this chapter didn't come off as one sided or initiated by Touko.... it seems like Yuu is more of a willing participant in this since she vocally expressed the fact that she wanted Touko there and sought to comfort her unlike in the past when she acted like she didn't care/was indifferent and only did it for Touko's sake.
Also It's about time Yuu also acted out her (supposedly) "selfish" desires, I think she should change the end of play, even though I have no clue as to what she intends to change it to, as long as she's doing something that benefits her in the long run I'm all for it so I'm definitely looking forward to that... and of course seeing a more decisive Yuu when it comes to love!
vanillaskynetMay 6, 2017 6:57 AM
May 5, 2017 12:34 AM

Nov 2016
P.S. I hope there's a better translation out soon(which I'm guessing there since @Shunaria started this chapter thread) so I don't have to rely on my friend and I's bad attempt at translating the raws lol actually never mind, found one
vanillaskynetMay 5, 2017 12:45 AM
May 5, 2017 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
@vanillaskynet Just find in /u/ for enlish translation status when RAW 23 is out
May 5, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2016
Btw, the "How can you say you hate something I lo-" part can be better appreciated in the Japanese version, where the word "love" is completely blocked out by Yuu's "Baka!" It's a really neat portrayal of the Tsundere tendency.

This was a really good chapter. All the plot points are brought together in it, from Touko's identity crisis, to the juxtaposition between Yuu and Sayaka's relationships to Touko, to Touko & Yuu's relationship with each other, to Yuu's own resolve. There are lots of parallels to previous chapters that you can compare to see how far the characters have developed. & well, the tender moment between Yuu & Touko, where Touko confides her insecurities to Yuu, was just heartwarming, though painful. While Touko had done that before (chapter 5 & 10), this is the most upfront and personal they've ever been with each other. These two have come a long way.

There are lots I want to say about this chapter, but I'll save my rants lol

Oh & while I doubt that Yuu's plan to change Touko will turn out smoothly, I think it'll trigger some sort of events that will help Touko to come to the realization that she needs to change herself. Can't wait for the next chapter... which is 2 months away ; w ;
May 14, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2015
I just read the chapter and god I'm shook so Nanami hates herself and she likes Yuu cause Yuu doesn't like her too but Yuu saying Nanami is a jerk for hating something she lo- does this mean Yuu is starting to fall for Nanami? This manga is leaving me in shambles I need the next chapter asap!

yeehaw
Jun 28, 2017 10:29 AM
Sep 2014
fangirling so hard.. this chapter was 10/10
Jun 28, 2017 10:43 PM
Jun 2017
I hate when I suddenly get completely up to date with an unfinished story... I usually try to wait so I can binge, but then I just went and read everything that's been released in one sitting.

Both looking forward to the next chapter, and also dreading anything that might go wrong. This story better have a happy ending, dammit!
Jun 29, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2007
Well, looks like Yuu is finally (almost) ready to admit her feelings at least to herself.
Oct 1, 2017 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
Touko really thinks someone who only views her as a friend would act like this? I guess I could have asked this before, but in this chapter, Yuu doesn't even put up the usual act. I think she just really wants to believe Yuu when she says she's not in love with her, and that's why she's ignoring all the signs.
Oct 1, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2016
LeeTailor said:
Touko really thinks someone who only views her as a friend would act like this? I guess I could have asked this before, but in this chapter, Yuu doesn't even put up the usual act. I think she just really wants to believe Yuu when she says she's not in love with her, and that's why she's ignoring all the signs.

She gave Yuu the shut-up kiss when she was about to, most likely, say "Senpai, you're (fine the way you are)," so yeah, Touko is too stubborn to face any reality opposite to what she believes.
Oct 2, 2017 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
GaoGaoTama said:
She gave Yuu the shut-up kiss when she was about to, most likely, say "Senpai, you're (fine the way you are)," so yeah, Touko is too stubborn to face any reality opposite to what she believes.

Huh, I also figured Yuu was about to say that, but that's a more interesting way to interpret that particular kiss.
Feb 26, 2019 5:07 AM

May 2012
Well Yuu seems to finally be moving forward with what she wants, and i'm pretty sure she already knows that she has more then feelings of friendship towards Touko but ..... well let's see where it goes.

I still don't like Touko to be honest trying to put on a play of someone is stupid "No-one has ever properly understood me, I have never fully understood anyone; and no-one understands anyone else" and that's just a fact .....

she also really embodies this “Most times people are happier with a lie than with the truth. Why? That’s easy. The truth is often something that people don’t want to hear. First, the truth is never simple. And second, it’s uncomfortable and harsh most of the time.” she really likes that even now that Yuu has found out about her true self she just puts on a nonchalance attitude with her which is weird, does she really want her to accept and love the real her ? or the fake persona she's created ? hell what even is a fake persona we all put on different masks in our very lives as just stated before she even knows her sister did that, she knows that everyone does that, what exactly is she trying to accomplish .... something foolish and unobtainable

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Apr 27, 2021 5:24 PM

Feb 2018
I was listening to this album called "The Things They Believe" (Basically an instrumental soundscape/ambient album) by a band called "Loathe", while i was reading chapters 15-22 & i gotta say, not only did the vibe of the album somehow sync perfectly with the atmosphere of the introspective & existential realm of thought Touko was falling in & out of, but even the song titles of the album were like weighing in & giving background context to the situation with each new track as weird as it sounds lol, but i thought it was kinda cool & a little supernatural lmao ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ.

But anyways, the dialogue of Touko reading the script and how the main character of the play had different masks that they showed to different people but would possibly be a completely different person when they're all alone, was hella relatable, even if you don't do it on purpose, you sometimes put on a different face around certain people... & you could tell it cut suuuuuuper deep into Touko herself. I also feel like the overall message embedded within the play also provides a lot of perspective upon the reality of such a situation, subtly conveying it to those who may have never experienced it or had it impact them. They're people out there experiencing Dementia & Alzheimer's or personality disorders & so on, imagine losing your sense of self for whatever reason & having to work your way back from versions of yourself that people around you, only perceived, but could never know for sure & as a result, even YOU may doubt those claims, depending on how different those versions of you were from one another i guess, but you'd assume those were just masks of characters you acted out to appeal to certain people, or in the case that they really were just masks, you'd especially feel like a fraud & probably spiral even further down... I kinda feel like the dialogue from the play that she specifically read is possibly foreshadowing what she'll experience, cuz this play is going to hit close to home for her for sure 😢, but at least her acting will be impeccable 💀.

Also wondering what Yuu plans on changing at the end of the play... & i'm glad too see that she's taking initiative & disclosing where her head is at to Touko, but it looks like things may get a little bumpy soon lol.. I SEE YOU CREEPING IN SAYAKA 👀! Great Chapter though & this Mangaka is flames, i hope she makes more Manga in the future cuz im hooooked 👌🏾!
Dec 31, 2021 5:33 PM

Mar 2021
that was a fast development

looking forward to see what the new ending is

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kosmonaut - Sep 26, 2019

73 by _elvira_ »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Mullerio- - Aug 26, 2019

73 by _elvira_ »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 40 Discussion

Markerhead - Apr 26, 2019

40 by KingYoshi »»
Nov 24, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 50 Discussion

HiljainenSipuli - Oct 27, 2023

5 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Oct 28, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 13 Discussion

megmica - Jun 30, 2016

12 by raulindefens »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.