Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Blood: The Last Vampire Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 22, 2017 8:58 AM

pgmhecateii said:
I wish they would sub the English parts, too. I don't feel comfortable listening to English in anime...

You're not the target audience to begin with.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

Dec 22, 2017 10:01 AM

Eell said:
pgmhecateii said:
I wish they would sub the English parts, too. I don't feel comfortable listening to English in anime...

Who do you think is the target audience? Native English speakers?

Dec 22, 2017 10:13 AM

pgmhecateii said:
Eell said:

Who do you think is the target audience? Native English speakers?

It's aimed towards young adults and older.
Rating: R - 17+
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars

Apr 26, 2018 2:49 PM
en_____ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WOW! I didn't think a movie could be that bad, especially based off a series that good! so that's why the popularity was 48 or something and yet it's ranked over 2000! I don't think they could have made Saya uglier if they tried!!!

This movie wasn't based off series, this was created in 2000, the series in 2005.

Apr 26, 2018 2:51 PM
Eell said:
Underages and people who are not a fan of horror, why would they watch this in the first place? Nothing was beautiful, It was all ugly because vampires are ugly creatures. And the action was calculated.

Actually, Blood+ (not Blood: The Last Vampire) is masterpiece in my opinion. Because of it doesn't show vampires as people with perfect body and white-ish skin, it also shows them as ugly. This series are the only anime about vampires that showed vampires as real as they can be scientifically and mythologically. If you think vampires aren't supposed to be ugly, then you don't know about them anything.

Apr 26, 2018 2:57 PM
The only thing I didn't get was that Saya got upset when nurse tarted to pray? I watched Blood+ long ago and don't recall anything about praying.

Apr 26, 2018 5:09 PM

Imiran said:
Eell said:
Underages and people who are not a fan of horror, why would they watch this in the first place? Nothing was beautiful, It was all ugly because vampires are ugly creatures. And the action was calculated.

Actually, Blood+ (not Blood: The Last Vampire) is masterpiece in my opinion. Because of it doesn't show vampires as people with perfect body and white-ish skin, it also shows them as ugly. This series are the only anime about vampires that showed vampires as real as they can be scientifically and mythologically. If you think vampires aren't supposed to be ugly, then you don't know about them anything.

"Nothing was beautiful" as in being a well-done horror story, if that part was the reason you quoted me. It was not a negative approach.

Apr 26, 2018 5:21 PM
Eell said:
Imiran said:

"Nothing was beautiful" as in being a well-done horror story, if that part was the reason you quoted me. It was not a negative approach.

My bad, sorry....

May 27, 2018 2:30 PM

I loved the concept behind giving her blood to that mutant and that death smile was beautiful.

It had many flaws but overall I enjoyed it 7/10
Avoiding spoilers be like

May 12, 11:44 PM

I think it was a good movie, the dubbed scenes are in my opinion better than most dubs out there. The only thing I would have liked was having subtitles at those scenes. But despite that I would give it a solid 7.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]