Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2017 7:48 PM
Feb 2016
The pace of this ep is good and the story is exciting in the end. 5/5 No doubt
May 2, 2017 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
Dang poor Mother daughter hate/ love story...why hings get needlessly complicated
May 2, 2017 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
The advice Glenn gave Rumia was great!

Shit went down in the 2nd half! Wtf!

Leeroy Jenkins!
May 2, 2017 10:31 PM
May 2, 2017 11:22 PM

Mar 2016
That escalated quickly! One minute they're all having a nice moment talking and the next minute they're about to get executed! Glenn shows off his classic MC dense stereotype and Sisti gets so embarrassed when he says her sandwiches were good! I'm excited about next weeks battle and finding out who those two mages that attacked Glenn at the end are!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 3, 2017 1:39 AM

Dec 2013
Best girl finally appears, and it was glorious!

Shame they chose to end the episode at that point though.
Development coming in thick and fast now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 3, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2015
Sistine is sooo kawaiii <3

Pretty sure all 4 of em are gonna stop the IG
May 3, 2017 2:51 AM
Apr 2017
Nice episode and rumia
May 3, 2017 2:53 AM
Apr 2017
Yosh kawai sisti and rumia,here new character
May 3, 2017 5:03 AM

Jan 2017
been wondering who is the woman resemble shironeko in OP. finally, action BUT then end of ep 5 :O still good tho, looking forward next ep
May 3, 2017 5:24 AM
Aug 2015
Zeldriss said:
been wondering who is the woman resemble shironeko in OP. finally, action BUT then end of ep 5 :O still good tho, looking forward next ep

May 3, 2017 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
Girl with blue hair is best girl, right?
May 3, 2017 9:31 AM
Nov 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
It's honestly hard to decide. Shiro neko is a tsundere done right, very cute. Rumia seems to have an intriguing history that works with the plot that Glenn's involved in. And now you have this new stoic cute girl who seems like will join the class a transfer student after this Queen ordeal arc. Really hard to decide.
May 3, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:

No, both main girls are by far much better. I like Rumia the most then Sistine. The blue hair girl is ok, but she is not close the other two.
May 3, 2017 12:16 PM
Apr 2017
Next episode must very good and thanks for update
May 3, 2017 12:17 PM
Apr 2017
Next episode must very good and thanks for update
May 3, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2014
Yeah really enjoy this episode I laugh at that blue haired girl logic , Glenn giving advise on his student making him more of a teacher and Sisti being tsundere is cute

Tragic story of mother and daughter who couldn't even show their familial love with each other

I want to see the fighting scenes next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2017 12:50 PM

Apr 2017
The pacing of this episode felt unusually quick and I havent read the manga so leaving us on that cliffhanger got me all excited for next weeks episode :D

Rate: 4.7/5
May 3, 2017 6:13 PM

Jun 2015
Man, Rumia always has a target right over her head. Poor thing. It's good the anime's keeping a sense of knowing when to add in the serious parts though.
May 3, 2017 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was amazing. S** got serious now...
Poor Rumia...at least she has Glenn xD
I wonder what they did to Celica that she can't even help them...
Next episode promises.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 4, 2017 1:31 AM
Oct 2016
I enjoyed the episode, but it felt like nothing was really happening and it only got interesting at the very last second, but i guess that how they force you to keep watching...
bread is yummy
May 5, 2017 7:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Glenn's class sure is doing pretty well in the competition. Truly a dark horse for this year. Lol the members of class one and their arrogant teacher sure looks disillusioned. It seems that the two characters that we saw in the end of the last episode were former comrades of Glenn in the magic corps then. The girl though cute in how innocent she seems to be seems to have a score to settle with Glenn though. Hmm so the corps are here to watch over the guard eh. Meaning that they think they are up to something as well too eh. Since the guard are charged with protecting the queen it will be bad if they try to kill her instead. But lol the girls response to the threat is funny. Lol Glenn really needs to learn to save money though. I like how that they are starting to flesh out the personalities of each member of the class as they feature it though. There won't be a point in just featuring them and not having us care about them and know about them after all. Hmm Lynn seems to be the quiet and nervous type that doesn't do well under pressure. Still she seems to love transmutation magic doesn't she. The competition is also a festival as well so winning is not as important as having fun. Lol Glenn managed to transform into Rumia eh. Its nice that Glenn knows the strengths and weaknesses of each of his students though. For Lynn she needs to be able to visualize strongly the image that she wants to transform into. Lol and Sistine shows up with their lunch just when Glenn is starving. Gotta resist the temptation there Glenn lol. Lol the fact that the real Rumia showed up to stop him. Still its nice that Rumia realized that Glenn really was hungry and decide to look for him. Lol Sistine's reaction on realizing that it was Glenn that was in front of her. Glenn's reaction to the sandwiches though was unexpected lol.

Hmm so the sandwiches were made by Sistine for Glenn especially eh. But since they fought she never had the chance to give it to him. Lol Sistine is such a tsundere though. And so cute as well. Lol Glenn describing himself there. Lol Glenn's reaction to meeting the queen right there though. Lol so the queen got Celica to hide her presence as she went to meet with Rumia eh. Love Celica's reaction on seeing how panicked the guard was though. Hmm so the queens handmaiden also suspects that there is a threat to her life then judging from Celica's reaction. Hmm so the queen also seems to know Glenn as well. Plus she wanted to apologize to him as well. Hmm so Rumia's real name is Ermiana eh and she also now knows that Glenn was in the mage corps as well. It seems the queen really regrets the past actions that have caused the two to drift apart judging from her interactions here. But it seems that Rumia isn't ready to reveal her true identity yet as she fell back to her disguised identity. The fact that the queen isn't wearing that piece of jewelry also seems to be a reason here. Kinda feel sorry for the queen though as she did look sincere. So the queen is actually Rumia's mother eh. Interesting. To think that the guard really will take action though. What could the guard be planning though i wonder. To secretly take control while still using the queen as a figurehead maybe. Lol Re=L sure is direct with her tactics. Sistine would probably know that Rumia is hiding a secret but whether or not she knows her true identity is anyone's guess. Ah the sandwiches that Sistine made for Glenn that she never gave to him is being used against her lol. Lol Sistine and Glenns interactions with the sandwiches is hilariously funny. Glenn's unknowingly praising her while she's being her usual self. Sistine is cute when she's flustered.

You can tell that Rumia dearly misses her mother though but at the same time she hasn't forgiven her by leaving her. So Rumia was abandoned because she had special abilities when she was born eh. Kinda harsh really. The larger picture was what forced this series of events to happen eh. Rumia is really trapped in a tough spot though. On one side is her birth mother the queen that also abandoned her but yet is still someone that she cares about and wish to see again and on the other side you have Sistine's parents who took her in and treat her like a daughter. Very few paths in life can be said to be easy and each decision will always create regrets. But Glenn's advice on going with your true feelings is a good path and advice though. Speaking to the queen directly will be the best way to solve Rumia's worry. But before that guess they have company first. If anything Rumia is not one that will let innocent people die in her defense so her accepting her fate is to be expected. But man Glenn that was a well timed rescue though and just in time as well. Lol just leaping away from the incoming guards while princess carrying Rumia.

Hmm to come before the queen with Rumia means getting past all of the traitorous imperial guard first. That might be difficult even with Glenn's skill. Hmm that ending though. Im hoping that they are good guys since the opening clearly sees them fighting alongside Glenn. Despite not saying not being able to say anything Celica managed to convey her exact meaning to Glenn quite well lol.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
Definitely an interesting build-up episode! Really can'ät wait for the next one. It seems like more of Glenn's backstory is being unravelled and I love how Rumia's personal story (maybe Her Majesty to be precise) is somewhat connected to Glenn's past (The Imperial Army in this case).

May 7, 2017 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! This is getting hypely intense!
5/5!

May 7, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2016
Yeah, this is going to be one of the best anime in this season. But the bar was not set high.

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

May 7, 2017 6:01 PM

Nov 2016
Nooo way to end the episode just when Re=L appeared!
May 7, 2017 6:40 PM

Mar 2017
Heh they omit the magic competition this episode and went to Rumia backstory. Does Sistine already played her turn?
May 8, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2014
Riel a cutie, love her personality, not sure about Albert tho...xD

Glenn transforming into Rumia lol
Felt bad for Rumia's mother, hope they'll make up soon~
Sisti twirling her hair after Glenn complimented her <3
Poor Rumia never gets a break.

That was really BADASS from Riel at the end smashing the ground :O
May 8, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2014
Another good episode! I really like how this show handles seriousness and comedy, it's a good balance. I felt bad for Rumia and Rumia's mom, being royalty has its downsides as well.

Anyways, here's some end cards and screenshots from the ED:

Also as a side note, I gotta say, does anyone else find it kind of hilarious how blatantly revealing the female school uniforms are? I mean, in some animes they can be a little risque, but they weren't even trying to be subtle in this anime hahaha. Hooters would be proud.
LoomyTheBrewMay 8, 2017 3:07 PM
May 9, 2017 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
Another fast paced episode, I don't know what the Imperial Guards are plotting but seems like Glenn's gotten himself amidst trouble once again.
May 15, 2017 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
So Rumia is this anime's version of Krista from Attack On Titan.

This anime sure knows how to throw in fast paced episodes.
May 23, 2017 6:37 PM

Feb 2013
Glenn has good taste, transforming into Rumia. Lucky him, he got to eat anyway.
Jun 21, 2017 7:10 AM

Jan 2014
what it is this time?
the execution order is very forced. to think she will be executed on a mere tree lol.

Gleen old companion seems to have some grudge toward him. they're look powerful, but then why gleen so weak when using magic.
Jun 22, 2017 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Overall it was energetic episode and somewhat major plot upcoming!
Jul 5, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2015
MC & Princess are in a tight pinch!

On a side note:
That piece of debri straight to the TV screen was very Hollywood -esque I appreciate the touch...
Aug 4, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
Both of the arcs so far have involved Rumia being targeted, Glenn beating the odds and saving the day, and no one else doing anything to possibly help. #MainCharacterInALightNovelProblems
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 6, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2012
Quite the cliffhanger! Pretty impressive episode, really looking forwards to see what happens next!
Nov 15, 2018 1:00 AM

Aug 2018
And the plot thickens. It’s really picked up from a slow start.
Nov 24, 2018 5:53 PM

Sep 2017
Always a good sign when I'd planned to go to sleep after an episode, but end up needing to watch one more ^_^
Dec 27, 2019 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Story of Rumia and her family is kinda sad...
Looks like the tsundere Sistine starts loving Glenn lol
Sep 9, 2020 1:29 PM
Feb 2019
It looks like something is going to be more serious from now on, but it's totally running away from the premise of the anime, and also some things were thrown out of nowhere
Dec 27, 2020 9:41 PM

Apr 2020
Gosh darn it
The queen is in danger
And loli is attack Gwen
Gosh darn it
Mar 21, 2021 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
...and I believe, the actual reinforcement just attacked you now. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 21, 2021 6:00 AM

Jun 2020
The first half of the episode felt slow but it catches up in a latter part of it, Glenn disguising as Rumia lol that was hilarious to see and Sisti blasted him off to the sky again, Their faces when they saw Rumia Glenn almost taking a bite of that sandwich

So Rumia apparently can't cook but Sisti is the one who excels at it that's good, Rumia reunited with her mother but coldly how cruel her world works, Glenn and Sisti's interactions are far too good once he compliments her cooking she just gets flustered

Glenn and Rumia's interactions are a bit close rather than Sisti's which really felt quite natural and his lessons and lectures for Rumia are spot on but an execution this is literal bull shit.

May 2, 2022 6:24 PM

Jan 2010
Re=L. Okay, that's a heck of a name. It's been a while since I've seen one that like that.

With the transformation scene, I liked Rumia's VA imitating Glenn's speech, particularly how she deepens her vocal tone to match. I always enjoy VAs that have to mimic each other in these types of scenes, as it shows off their vocal range and talent. Plus, it's fun watching them act like each other.

When Glenn asked for Sistine's ear, it was then when I realized that Sistine had two sets of ears. Thanks anime for making me pay attention to that.

Lastly, what's with this anime and its villains acting in broad daylight? Also, Rumia just meekly accepting execution on the spot was also weird. Glenn talked up Rumia's mental strength, but she just folded and accepted her role in attempting to assassinate the Queen. Apparently the Queen was the one who ordered Rumia's assassination, but didn't Rumia just speak to the Queen, who came out of her way to meet her without any guards?
ShockedMay 2, 2022 6:45 PM
Oct 14, 2022 11:46 AM
Jun 2021
foi muinto bom estou ansioso para oprocimo
Sep 8, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2022
I can understand just the captain and maybe a few of the guards going along with it but entire royal guards being in on this. They must have been promised something big to make all of them against the royal family.
Sep 27, 2023 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
That was definitely the worst episode so far. So they have no problem killing a high school girl, but they only knock the teacher out? Yeah, no.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.