Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't mind if Akko stayed a mousey for the rest of the show.

May 4, 2017 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed this episode, more so than the last one. There was plenty of over-the-top action thanks to Amanda, quick moments of Croix being up to no good, Andrew got even more on-board with Team Akko and there was a tiny bit a world building, too. Best of all, it didn't feel as rushed as last week's episode, and there was no "forced" reward at the end.

I can see why some people would dislike it. Akko should indeed recognize Croix's serpent, for example. And of course there are more plot holes, this show has been like that from the beginning. I just don't really see it as a detriment.

I think it's more interesting to judge a show by the standards it sets for itself, instead of applying the same rules and expectations on every show. Though I totally understand why plot holes and other inconsistencies would break suspension of disbelief for a lot of people. I can't really ignore things like that most of the time, either.

Anime is literally saved one frame at a time.
LeeTailorMay 4, 2017 5:21 AM
May 4, 2017 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
really liked this ep it was nice to see things focused on someone else than the usual few that they always show been honestly wanting Amanda to have more screen time and here it was now if only Constanze can get more screen time as she is my fave of that group

but yeah great ep looking forward to the next
"one step at a time"
May 4, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Amanda was amazing! She rocks...
They are really making it seems that Akko is having a thing for the rich guy...
May 5, 2017 6:24 AM

Sep 2014
I still dont know what andrew is up to. First I thought he actually liked akko, then it was like he is really annoyed by her and now he trusts and kinda supports her. Hes like a male tsundere.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 5, 2017 11:51 AM
Apr 2016
why croix doesn't have a biography on mal ?
May 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
Nice sword fight and animation during it.
Good episode as usual.
May 6, 2017 6:46 AM
Sep 2012
You know upon looking at the episode 18 preview, Amanda she does continue one anime trope, she is the tom boy character that has the biggest breasts of all her peers. I have seen these tropes done many times, Nisekoi is one that comes to mind. Why is that? Just for irony?
blfanMay 6, 2017 6:54 AM
May 6, 2017 10:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Akko and Amanda are a fun pair. More delicious tomboy is always good.
May 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
I think this is my favorite episode since the new cour started. It just felt like a more natural and well realized story of the week than we've seen from this series in a while. Akko being a mouse the entire time was a bit much. But it gave Amanda a good showcase. And her character carried this episode really well. Her attention drawing antics were quite amusing. And while not incredibly well animated, I was pretty entertained by the sword fight at the end. I also liked Akko and Amanda's relationship development here. Which managed to make progress without retreading everything we've seen from the character so far.

At first I was annoyed by Andrew's appearance. Because in contrast he seemed to be redoing the same character development we've seen twice already. But after he very quickly took the witches side, showing he had grown since their previous encounters I was pretty satisfied with it. I also like how they've made Croix the shadowy big bad. And now that it seems like she's here to stay for this cour, I can't wait to see where the show is going with her character. In short I thought the series was kind of losing it. But this episode brought it back in a big way. Can't wait to see what's up with the Cavendish's soon.
May 7, 2017 3:17 PM
Sep 2012
BTW just want you all to know, episode is probably not going to be out with English translation till Monday night / Tuesday morning. 24 hours more than usual.

May 9, 2017 10:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
WTF Amanda is so fucking badass fuck me Amanda.
Amanda's really cool ahh. :'D I quite liked this episode even though the grail was kinda a waste. I think it's important to have these "witches aren't too bad" moments though because I feel it helps the world gradually accept them or helps to break down their walls.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 11, 2017 3:08 PM

Aug 2012
-this louis dude seems like more of a jobber than frank
-andrew's a bro, though
-yeah louis is 100% jobber
-Whoa this episode just took a giant 180
-Also mouse Akko looks super adorable with the cup hat
-Akko got super baited
-Aw man, I was super stoked for an escape episode before Andrew had to be all civilized
-is that even legal
-Did Amanda's hair get unslicked by the fencing duel or was it always like that ever since they were found out
-That is one strong bridge
-Maybe Louis isn't as much of a jobber as I thought with him coming clean of pretty much everything he did

First half of the episode wasn't anything too special, but the second half was actually pretty nice in terms of character development of people related to high-ranking officials in the mundane world. I find both the non-magical and magical parts of the world pretty interesting and it's pretty nice to see the attention that both of them are getting. It would seem as though Andrew has kept his sympathy for witches since the last time he and Akko ran into each other, which is a pretty nice touch. Also, as an added bonus, Amanda shows off some sword fighting skills and enhancement magic, which is something that hasn't been shown other than when Akko awakens a word. Episode was pretty average.
May 15, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
What an intense episode. Finally got what I wanted: a friendship between Akko and Amanda (it also gets a plus, because Amanda wasn't introduced in the first episode AND isn't Akko's roommate, but a friend Akko made herself), more Andrew and his background, new characters, an unsuccessful but rewarding mission and an insight of what Croix's doing.
May 18, 2017 1:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode, i you had doubts, Croix is a bad person and has a plan, malefice plan!!!
Jul 2, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2012
Nice change of characters, Amanda is pretty cool and Andrew is actually changing so it seems :p

Let's see what's next.
Jul 6, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
Being Trouble is not going to cover Anything if these 2 get caught....and was is wrong with Cavendish family?

Return of Andrew....I hope romance will stay out...

Soccer...Who wants to bet Holy Grail is Soccer Championship Cup! XD And Amanda will play! X)
Oh My mistake....Witch hunt...Oh hell this might come back later on with revenge if those Visions from Blue Moon Cave were true.

AMANDA IS COOL!! !LOVE HER AND AKKO RELATIONSHIP! Well Nice Filler better than last one (even if last one is favorite with that much of Finish references) Maybe make people thik better of witches...but can also have serious pay backs...

Croix and her Instant Ramens! She is making her plans go forward huh.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 7, 2017 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
Cool having Amanda taking the spotlight. She played a good trap, could have fooled me.
Jul 14, 2017 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Amanda and Diana are my favourite girls (although I definitely do love the whole cast!), so I really enjoyed this Amanda centric episode! She looked awesome in a suit and I loved her fight with Louis :)
Jul 18, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2016
"I feel hella out of place here."
Now I know who Amanda reminded me of. Chloe from LiS
Jul 20, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2012
I just realized that with every episode with Andrew, Akko gets shapeshifted :D

But other than that, it was pretty average episode... do she even get the word? I don't think so.. this felt more like a filler but it was nice to remind us of Andrew and show us developement for Amanda.
Jul 21, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah! Amanda was so badass in this episode!
It's nice to see that Andrew keeps supporting Akko. I also liked the conversation that Akko and Andrew had. The poor guy does whatever he does because it's expected from him (same happens to Diana), not because he wants to, like Akko does, and can't understand the concept of free will. :(

The whole adventure was a trap set up by Croix to perform her experiment (and probably hoping that Akko and Amanda would fail). >:( Croix's fall will be soooo satisfying.
Jul 24, 2017 7:32 AM

Jan 2013
Well, excuse me but can we talk about the fact how truly amazing is Amanda?

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 25, 2017 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
Akko as a rat is adorable. It was nice to see her and Amanda go on an adventure together and kind of bond, though Amanda would probably swear that she doesn't really need anybody.

So that whole holy grail incident was because of one of Croix's experiments? I don't trust her...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 28, 2017 4:42 PM
Jun 2013
umm when did amanda become a master swords man? Also they really need to explain why these people hate witches. I know its suppose to be kinda like the salem witch trails which happened cause of olden time and fears of something different. However this world is different and we see witches for the most part are widely accepted. I like the interaction between akko amanda and andrew
Sep 11, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2015
Wew screentime for Amanda, that was fun!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2017 4:53 AM

May 2015
Discount Ironman. :DDDDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 5, 2018 1:31 AM

Dec 2016
Probably one of my more favorite episodes with a pretty good storyline as well as really good animation and just all around aesthetic. Great episode!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 3, 2018 9:01 AM

Aug 2017
A episode dedicated to Amanda and a bit to Andrew. Nice to know more about the boy's academy. The son of the director is dumb. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2018 3:54 AM

Jun 2016
Giving Amanda more screentime was nice, she's a fun character.

The scenes of the witch hunt were actually bit scary. That surprised me. In the end nothing come of it, but for a moment I thought we'd get a dangerous anti-witch-movement.

The fight at the end was pretty badass.

Akko saving the students in her own way had me laughing hard.
May 21, 2019 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
Really enjoyable episode. Amanda was really super fun this episode. Loved everything about her. LWA doing what it does best - being just a lot of fun
Jun 7, 2019 2:55 AM
Feb 2019
!!!! more scenes with amanda and akko p l s !!!! THIS EPISODE WAS EPIC
Jun 8, 2019 4:17 AM
Jun 2017
Akko x Amanda is canon
Sep 22, 2019 8:54 AM

Sep 2018
This episode re-evaluates the figure of Amanda, who has remained in the background for too long. It makes it shine once in a while and enriches the scene with a character that deserves to be in the cast. Funny enough the episode, even without Sucy and Lotte.
Nov 1, 2019 6:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good and quite captivating episode, that Luis dude was a dumbass tbh
Jan 11, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2011
Totally digging Amanda's air flare's she used to beat mr. whatshisname the first time. She's definitely the dancer of Luna Nova. Glad we got a bit more time with just her and Akko!
Mar 20, 2020 9:56 AM

Feb 2017
I was looking for a Monty Python reference all episode, but couldn't find one.

Apr 6, 2020 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
Amanda is handsome!

Good thing Andrew help them ❤️
Aug 21, 2020 7:36 AM

Jun 2020
I think Akko and Amanda make a good combination with their excellent personalities, I liked that Andrew supported Akko, it was a great moment so moving, it made me remember episode 10, it was great.
I see that Croix is ​​still causing problems for Akko, I hope Akko finds out, I hope that Professor Ursula soon confesses to Akko that she is actually Chariot.

Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Nov 2, 2020 5:52 AM

Jul 2017
Amanda and Akko have some underrated chemistry together. While nothing substantial happened with finding words, the actual episode itself was fun and chaotic as usual and we got some sweet action too in the form of a duel. I love seeing Akko's metamorphosis magic used again too.
Dec 23, 2020 1:27 PM

Oct 2018
i hate how they made amanda and akko so (extra) stupid here just for the sake of the plot, regarding when they are caught
Jul 31, 2021 8:17 AM
Jun 2016
Akko has plenty of guts running around as a rat... in a school that discriminates against witches. Granted, she and Amanda didn't know. Wonder what if she was with Sucy instead. She'd probably do something much worse to the students.

Damn, did the school guards (?) seriously had to use those kind of masks? I mean, at least it wasn't white, and I know many other countries had similar masks to that. But I think it was intentional? They are prejudiced against witches and all.

Yeah, I don't think this show would ever depict graphic injury or death, but I was close to thinking that would with the armor merging with the blond guy's body, or when Amanda broke the helmet with an enchanted sword.

I love it when antagonists are humbled down by the protagonists. It's nice to see that this show isn't shying away from that even though it feels like it would. Like, damn Amanda, you've showed him!
Aug 2, 2021 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
Amanda certainly has skills, and she managed to change that blonde guy's opinion of witches, at least to a certain degree.

Andrew has become even more friendly and helpful than before. It's too bad that they didn't find the fifth word yet, but at least they destroyed one of Croix's experiments.

I wonder how much longer it'll be before Akko learns that Croix is evil?

Aug 31, 2022 4:08 AM

May 2015
One of the best episode. Amanda is sure a badass.
Aug 31, 2022 6:53 PM
Aug 2022
incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 24, 2022 4:50 AM
Aug 2021
Nothing makes sense in this show. So much discontinuity among plot points. Each character has only one or two defining character trait.
It was so sad given that it had such a good preliminary movie, good and sleek visual effects and arts, along with a phenomenal original soundtrack.
Even if it is all metaphorical, there is just not much in the story.
Nov 6, 2022 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
A welcoming change of pace. Akko getting to hangout with Amanda instead of the usual trio made for good development into Amanda's character. She's so confident and fun! Speaking of refreshing, I'm glad this episode yielded no results in finding out how to unlock the fifth word. Up until now, it's as if Akko was burning through this trial with little effort.

Although it was interesting to observe the circles Andrew comes from, it did come off a little disingenuous. Everyone outside of Andrew is heavily vilified. If the episode showed that Appleton Academy was divided in their views of tradition it would have made it more enjoyable. The lack of diversity in their staff is equally troublesome. All are stiff, strict suits with little dimension and tolerance. I can only hope that more Appleton students share Andrew and Frank's independence.

Did I mention that Amanda was amazing! If nothing else, it's an episode that gave her time to shine and I'm for it.
Dec 6, 2022 10:13 PM

Oct 2022
The paths that Andrew and Akko lead is a cool contrast.  Andrew lives his life through expectations from his friends and family.  While Akko lives her life through her own desires to entertain and bring smiles to everyone like Chariot did to her.  Basically, Andrew lives his life through what the people around him wants him to be.  While Akko lives her life through what she wants it to be.
Jan 31, 11:15 PM

Dec 2022
sort of overly ambitious episode considering the subject matter but it turned out a pretty cool spectacle
Amanda was gnarly, glad she's getting some proper series screen time, loved her in the OVA
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.