Sep 2013
Someone please tell me he doesnt suffer from asexuality anime syndrome

5 episodes in he seems very uninterested that hes surrounded by busty babes
like yeah gaming is fun but boobs are 10x better

Maybe hes stupid just like every other male lead
Maybe hes just too into the game to focus on boobs

His harem is slowly building up, but what is he going to do about it
3 girls so far, all confirmed to be wet for him

I just find it really funny that even though the same complaints are being made over and over, the character designs never change hahaha
its like a big fuck you to all of us
Apr 28, 2017 4:55 PM
Apr 2017
Well he is really into games in deed, and generally in esports field few pro players establish relationship before they retire. Their professional life is not that long, and relationships require both time and attention, usually leading to a decrease in performance.

So there will be no obvious romance in this serie. As for the original work, the author did give some hints on what happened after he retires, however not a confirmed relationship either lol.
Apr 28, 2017 7:28 PM

Dec 2016
I really hope they don't have a romance subplot in this series... It totally would kill the mood and reduce the quality of the show overall imo.
Apr 28, 2017 10:05 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
I think Su Cheng x Qie is cute. I hope it isn't a large focus in the series but as a sub-plot I enjoy it alot.
Apr 29, 2017 2:57 AM

Jul 2016
I was under the impression that Su Mucheng was already his girlfriend. As for the newest girl, Tang Rou, her intro scene makes me think her and Chen Guo are together.

It's still up for debate since next to none of the characters have actually shown any romantic interest in another yet, but depending on how it's handled, I don't think a romance sub-plot would ruin the show. This doesn't have to become another Spurned Women's Club.
Apr 29, 2017 3:34 AM

Apr 2016
AnimeHonor said:

You just described typical Harem male MC.
Apr 29, 2017 4:45 AM

Jan 2012
Seriously this is ridiculous. There are plenty of harem anime out there if you want to watch those. Romance doesn't have to be the focus of every single anime.
Apr 29, 2017 5:00 AM
Apr 2017
TheGreatMizuti said:
I was under the impression that Su Mucheng was already his girlfriend. As for the newest girl, Tang Rou, her intro scene makes me think her and Chen Guo are together.

It's still up for debate since next to none of the characters have actually shown any romantic interest in another yet, but depending on how it's handled, I don't think a romance sub-plot would ruin the show. This doesn't have to become another Spurned Women's Club.

They are just very good friends. Until the end of this story, they will keep being good friends. No romance will happen in this story.
What they only love, especially for Ye Xiu, is the game Glory.
If Ye Xiu have to choose someone to marry immediately, he will certainly choose his goddess "Glory" , lol.
By the way, I ship Su Mucheng and Tang Rou. XD
RosheetaApr 29, 2017 5:10 AM
Apr 29, 2017 5:02 AM
Apr 29, 2017 5:20 AM

Apr 2016
The way it looked in the 5th episode, we might get an example of the "first girl rule".
So "Su Mucheng" might win? She was the first we saw in the first episode.

Apr 29, 2017 6:15 AM

Apr 2010

Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad !
Apr 29, 2017 7:27 AM
Jun 2014
AnimeHonor said:

I just find it really funny that even though the same complaints are being made over and over, the character designs never change hahaha

Harem? Which harem?

The Battlemage girl sees the MC as her rival after he destroyed her in the 1 v 1 mode. No romantic feelings.

The manager/gunner girl doesn't have any feelings for the MC. Atleast, no reason to assume she does.

The only girl who can be considered to be his "lover" is the pro gunner(Mu Cheng).

I think you have watched too many harem series!

But it's the bolded part shown in the first episode. He doesn't play for fame, he simply loves it. Just like how he was triggered when the battlemage girl called his game "simple".
Apr 29, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
@TKMike I think you are wrong

1) The battlemage girl had no interest in the game, the only thing that got her interested was the guy. The GUY is the motivation for her to keep playing. She got wet and blushed after losing several times to sensei. If i was great at a game, and a girl beat me. I would respect her and want to learn from her, i may even ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) her

2) She doesn't yet but she's in love with his previous character and finding out that the two are linked would definitely get her thinking about feelings that weren't there before. Also the two working together is sure to bring their relationship closer.

3) Is that his gf? couldnt tell yet, he doesnt act like she is. (she loves him, he doesnt care maybe)

Yes i watched too many harems but it would be asexual if he wasn't interested in at least 1 of these girls.
Apr 29, 2017 10:36 AM
Jun 2014
AnimeHonor said:
@TKMike I think you are wrong

1) The battlemage girl had no interest in the game, the only thing that got her interested was the guy. The GUY is the motivation for her to keep playing. She got wet and blushed after losing several times to sensei. If i was great at a game, and a girl beat me. I would respect her and want to learn from her, i may even ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) her

Don't twist it ;-; He motivated her by beating the shit out of her after she thought the game was "simple". She has a sense of pride and that's her motivation. If she was motivated because of him, she would've stayed classless. She isn't following his footsteps, since she picked a battlemage(which she hasn't realized it's his old pro acc class).

2) She doesn't yet but she's in love with his previous character and finding out that the two are linked would definitely get her thinking about feelings that weren't there before. Also the two working together is sure to bring their relationship closer.

Key word: Doesn't yet. Aka, this harem doesn't exist, untill shown.

3) Is that his gf? couldnt tell yet, he doesnt act like she is. (she loves him, he doesnt care maybe)

He cares for her. Rewatch episode 1. Also, he asked her instead of other friends and they share an history with each other, shown in the latest chapter aswell with the picture frame of her past with him and another guy. Their relationship between each other is the strongest compared to the other 2. The other 2 are wishfull thinking if we look at the facts presented so far and excluding the manhua and LN.

Yes i watched too many harems but it would be asexual if he wasn't interested in at least 1 of these girls.

I don't see any reason why that would apply to this case. I work at a restaurant as my parttime job. Have alot of female colleagues I'm good friends with. But I don't have any interest in them. So does that make me asexual aswell in your eyes?
Apr 29, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2010
AnimeHonor said:
This is a good thing. Perverts are gross.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Apr 29, 2017 11:15 AM
Apr 2017
i think he and Su Mucheng are close maybe not bf/gf but not that far off either

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag

BrandonMay 6, 2017 1:14 AM
Apr 29, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2014
The show contains no romance at all, only a bit of slight implied romance between Ye Xiu and Mu Cheng. Tang Rou and Cheng Guo have no romantic attraction to anyone, they are just friends to Ye Xiu (Yes, male and female plain friendship exists, truly a first for anime).
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 29, 2017 3:49 PM
Jun 2015
the show is about gaming !! why should you always speak about romance if there is a girl or two wtf
Apr 29, 2017 5:31 PM

Mar 2009
There will be no romance in this series but I have to say I got a got laugh out of your thread title....asexual, lmao.
I can see how someone whos main interest in anime seems to be harem shows would get that sort of misunderstanding. I feel for you OP, I really do.
Apr 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Dec 2009
Isn't it the so called herbivore trend? :'D

J/K, the series doesn't really focus on fanservice though the whole Ye Qiu x Mucheng ship is implied a lot in the anime
Apr 29, 2017 8:56 PM
Apr 2017
there is no direct description about love in this novel.

But some readers believe the relationship between MC and Mucheng even like an old married couple at times.
Because some intimations in the novel.

There also are some readers who do not agree this CP ╮(╯▽╰)╭
That readers say they are just brother and sister relationship

The author ... "OK choice whatever CP u like, i will say nothing" →_→

But there aren't any intimations about the love between MC and Boss Lady or TangRou
in the novel i think.
ycchen226Apr 29, 2017 9:00 PM
Apr 29, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2015
this thread lol..
Apr 30, 2017 12:33 AM

Mar 2011
lol no

There really not much of a romance here but the MC is pretty close to his gaming partner Su Mucheng to the point you'd think that they are actually dating.... But the author never really said anything about it.....

Apr 30, 2017 1:25 AM
Mar 2013
or maybe he isnt pervert like you
Apr 30, 2017 6:06 AM

Sep 2013
ycchen226 said:
That readers say they are just brother and sister relationship
You dont want to say brother sister relationship to this guy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Ill take that shit and run to another level you dont want to know ( ͡0 ͜ʖ ͡0)
May 1, 2017 3:26 AM
Jan 2014
No he just loves Mucheng. He's a regular human being.

Honestly this MC is much better than any MC this season from japanese shows.
May 1, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
Defunct00001 said:
No he just loves Mucheng. He's a regular human being.

Honestly this MC is much better than any MC this season from japanese shows.

TBH, I'd probably give that award to Zoroku or Yoshino, but yeah, Ye's still a great character.
May 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
what a useless question this is, bravo this can be compared to giving shows a rating after 1 episode watched
May 10, 2017 8:47 PM
Apr 2017
axexual? I don't think so. You can feel it but never see it.
May 11, 2017 7:48 AM

Dec 2007
He shows Kirito what it means to be a real solo player.
May 11, 2017 9:30 AM
Aug 2012
He's not asexual. Top tier badasses keep the dick in their pants. Not all Alpha males are horny Captian Kirk or bulling football jock. Go watch Norman Tsui Siu Keung's filmgraphy, the's the ideal role model for asian/chinese alpha males. We are armed to the teeth yet still dispenses humility and philosophy while fighting.
May 28, 2017 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
What an idiotic question. The man is 25 years old, not a 16 year-old horny kid at the peak of his hormones. Besides, it's not like the female characters in the anime go out of their way to be provocative around him. If you can't keep yourself contained when near an attractive person as an adult, you seriously need to grow up.
May 29, 2017 12:59 AM
May 2017
沐橙和叶修更像是兄妹,这个故事没有CP.
mu cheng and ye xiu More like brother and sister,The story doesn't have a cp.
May 29, 2017 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeHonor said:

Its the best. unlike kirito the loser, if the MC keeps doing this, he will not break the ecchilaw
Jun 2, 2017 2:31 PM
May 2015
Lyrisia said:
Seriously this is ridiculous. There are plenty of harem anime out there if you want to watch those. Romance doesn't have to be the focus of every single anime.

Preach. I was hoping a romance subplot wouldn't pop up and derail the show with filler as I watched. It's also great that the MC has the same friendships with female characters as he does with male characters.
Jun 10, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
imbricator said:
Lyrisia said:

Preach. I was hoping a romance subplot wouldn't pop up and derail the show with filler as I watched. It's also great that the MC has the same friendships with female characters as he does with male characters.

Someone rational. Thanks! +1
Yeah it's really quite refreshing to see he can keep the same friendship. I always found it a bit baffling that male-female friendship looks basically impossible most of the time. Oh well.
Jun 10, 2017 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
TheGreatMizuti said:

I just started to read the novel and I am at the scene, when Tang Rou was beaten by the MC the first time (ingame^^). It really seems the anime just used the typical Yuri bait technique. Just so much subtext, that you can "dream", but no confirmation to keep the potential romance plot open to everything. It really would be nice if more animes would have a normal Yuri couple, even if theyre side chars, especially when its a realistic, convincing setting. But oh well...

@ asexual: I dunno where its going, but at least in the anime we wont find out. It will depend on the backstory of Mu and the other guy on the photo, but right now it seems that Boss and MC just have a normal friendship going on.
Jun 10, 2017 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
I think the fact so many females are introduced around MC the top pvper of a mmo is a attempt by the author to establish female presence in the pro gaming industry. Notice both Tang Rou and Mucheng are noted for their APM and skill, Mucheng is a vet while Tang Rou could potentially go pro.
Jun 14, 2017 4:14 AM

Jun 2016
What's your problem with asexuals? I'm asexual myself and I like watching shows that have no sex and romance BS. If you want to jack off go and watch ecchi. Leave good shows alone.

Romance focused anime exists and if you want it, go and watch them. There are many non-asexual people who can keep their dicks in pants too. There are people who don't like watching shows ruined by unnecessary romance and "plot". Even if you're not ace, it doesn't automatically make you horny. Do you expect every guy to act like horny fap addict around women?

Having many female characters doesn't automatically create harem. Think with brain, not genitals.

And once again, shows that are NOT focused on sex and romance usually are far better than ones focused on them. Take SAO for example, it had good start but was fucked up with bullshit romance.
Jun 14, 2017 4:21 AM

Jun 2016
Do you have a problem with us asexuals? -_- Please no romance for this anime, so yes he's an asexual (he better be!)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 14, 2017 2:57 PM
Aug 2014
What's wrong with that? God is asexual too and loved by millions of girls. Some people even want to be God.
Jun 14, 2017 5:24 PM
Sep 2015
This is a no brainer. In my case, I've grown tired of having good shows/mangas turn into horrible ones just because a romance/harem subplot is forcefully injected even though it's incongruous with the story or the main character. I have no problem with romance per se, but not every show have the right settings for it, and as for harem, I could care less. If you want those types, there are literally many //crappy// anime out there with those. Leave the good show/s alone. Not everyone has a thirst for harem/forced romance; to each his own.
Jun 16, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2015
I started to read the Novel (dont even bother if youre not into gaming. More than half of it is describing how he plays) and would just say. Read chapter 162 and see for yourself. Its the scene when Mu visits the internet cafe for the first time, also shown in the anime, but a bit different.

Edit: Ok, part of it was included in episode 12. They took a few liberties to implement certain scenes from some chapters when it was convenient. Afterall they skipped abit. ;)
PirateMadrykJun 18, 2017 1:16 AM
Jun 17, 2017 5:26 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe he's not some sex crazed perverted teenage male mc like all the other harem anime out there. (Sorry for the strong-opinionated post)
Jul 10, 2017 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
Ha, I just had to comment on this thread when I saw it... LOL since I'm quite fond of pairing characters up, whether it's cannon or just my own wishful thinking!!

Is Ye Xie asexual... possibly, but not definitely... it's more like he's obsessed with playing Glory, and doesn't have space in his head for anything else. His twin brother has a very similar personality, except I think he's perhaps even more apathetic, since he appears to have absolutely no goals whatsoever!!

As for his relationship with Su Mucheng... he definitely loves her, but I don't think in a sexual manner, it is definitely that of siblings, click the spoiler for my reasoning.

By Cara (aka) Lady Flame
HOT by name, HOT by nature.
Jul 10, 2017 10:54 AM
Jul 2017
ladyflame_uk said:
Ha, I just had to comment on this thread when I saw it... LOL since I'm quite fond of pairing characters up, whether it's cannon or just my own wishful thinking!!

Is Ye Xie asexual... possibly, but not definitely... it's more like he's obsessed with playing Glory, and doesn't have space in his head for anything else. His twin brother has a very similar personality, except I think he's perhaps even more apathetic, since he appears to have absolutely no goals whatsoever!!

As for his relationship with Su Mucheng... he definitely loves her, but I don't think in a sexual manner, it is definitely that of siblings, click the spoiler for my reasoning.

Please don't bring up the umbrella man, that just makes me sad, good man, what a tragedy, he could be as Ye's sidekick.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.