Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2017 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think this mysterious individual has more deeper roots connected to Earth than meets the eye.

I still wonder where he gets his cube ability from..
The whole thing about Wam sounds like a big risk to take imo. It has its consequences.
Stark700Apr 28, 2017 7:41 AM
Apr 28, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2010
“By the way, you burst out laughing at the meeting three days ago, didn't you ?"
I burst out laughing at this comment too,
and Tsukai is cute again.
Apr 28, 2017 7:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Why is this series so freaking good lol

First off, I'm LOVING Tsukai and her little tsun reactions to Shindo in this episode xD She's not a full blown tsundere but she has the right qualities of one that isnt annoying and for that I find her to be so cute lol (Plus it looks like that other girl might be jealous of her since I think she likes Shindo)

Secondly, the stuff regarding the Wam pretty much played out how I feared with international countries like America doing what they do best by making things complicated but in a bad way, and now that we know what the UN are trying to do, I'm very curious to see how Yaha and Shindo will deal with this - Props to Toei for keeping the UN stuff pretty accurate though

Lastly, the characterization in this continues to be great and I am thoroughly enjoying how everyone is getting their own individual and unique roles in the narrative and I like how things are progressing because of it, plus I really dug all of the technical stuff and further explanations on what the Wam can do as well as the risks and benefits of using them
Apr 28, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2008
This is getting interesting as hell. Left wondering what Yaha-kui zaShunina has in mind about the distribution of WHAM and the dealings with the UN.

Apr 28, 2017 8:11 AM

Jan 2017
The show keeps getting better and better. I'm interested in what kind of plan Yaha-kui zaShunina has in mind.
Apr 28, 2017 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
I wished they showed more of the conference.
Santioning Japan because they have access to something an alien that randomly appeared gave them... good job UN. I'm actually surprised the USA dude didn't outright say "give them all to us" but then again it's basically the same thing if the UN has the monopoly on WAM. I agree with Tsukai that it would be better to not have them at all, the world is just not ready to split things equally. Not to mention that it could even destroy Earth's environment. Didn't even think about that.

When she furiously pressed the finger on the "dislike" I almost spilled my drink
AnathorApr 28, 2017 8:17 AM
Apr 28, 2017 8:23 AM

Jun 2015
Tsukai was cute in this episode. Interesting to see what people are saying about the Wam. Got to learn more about them. The UN wants all of it so they can control it. If Japan doesn't hand them over, then actions would be used against them.
Apr 28, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2014
Yes its great show, for me its 10/10
this episode had good comic moments with Tsukai, but also good drama with me also thinking that the humanity shouldnt really get Wam, because we are not ready as people and countries are not really best choice, just like zaShunina said
Apr 28, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
Just like I have posted a similar comments in episode 3. What Yaha wanted is not technology or material advancement, but the "advancement" in humanity themself.

This is complicated, as this is all about the topic of International Relations, International Organisation and Foreign Policy Analysis. Members may be ticked off seeing the action of US the same corresponding to the our real world US. Whether is UN or US, this is just how the world works. Lets say if US doesn't exist, China will do the same as US; If China doesn't exist, every country will do just the same.

In the end its overall humanity decision & thoughts to whether, war or peace, then leads to an "advancement".
valvravetruthApr 28, 2017 8:33 AM
Apr 28, 2017 8:42 AM

Feb 2016
valvravetruth said:
Just like I have posted a similar comments in episode 3. What Yaha wanted is not technology or material advancement, but the "advancement" in humanity themself.

This is complicated, as this is all about the topic of International Relations, International Organisation and Foreign Policy Analysis. Members may be ticked off seeing the action of US the same corresponding to the our real world US. Whether is UN or US, this is just how the world works. Lets say if US doesn't exist, China will do the same as US; If China doesn't exist, every country will do just the same.

In the end its overall humanity decision & thoughts to whether, war or peace, then leads to an "advancement".

Also the Japanese higher ups admitted that if the situation were reversed, they would be acting the same way.

This show just gets better every episode but I'm starting to worry if they'll be able to fit all of this in 12 eps. I'm enjoying the pacing and don't want it to get rushed.
Apr 28, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
Any amount of energy you want... talk about easy to weaponize, they'd make suitcase nukes look like stone age banging rocks together.
Apr 28, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Whew, I really want to know what they are planning next. Will they make use of military force ?
Apr 28, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2010
So much tension as people had expected. UN's action was predictable, but still can't read zaShunina's next plan. Even with war seemingly about to break out, it retains so much cuteness. Tsukai tapping thumbs down is cute. Researcher running around and her glasses sliding down his nose a little is cute. zaShunina's way of holding cellphone is cute...
Why do I have to wait another week?
Apr 28, 2017 9:47 AM

Dec 2015
Wow ... to see the UN actually take military action ... did not expect that. (Considering in real life they are only a "club" that does talking ... and maybe some economic sanctions.)

But I guess with something as big as that Wam ... and all the permanent members of the security council being of the same opinion - it doesn't seem too unrealistic.

Reporter guy seems to get some screen time regularly. I like him. Researcher girl finally getting important. The pacing felt a bit faster. Finally I can see how this could fit into 12 episodes + getting a decent ending.

Looking forward to the next episode. (The female negotiator and her laughing ... ha ha I noticed that in the previous episode. Funny that they mentioned this again. Her and Shindo would make a great couple.)
LuthandoriusApr 28, 2017 9:58 AM
Apr 28, 2017 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
I really like how the show deals with political, environmental issues and so on, it's really interesting and characters are good! Lol the scene with Shindo showing the video of Tsukai laughing about his discussion with Za-Shunina xD
Apr 28, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
I'm starting to hate this show. Out of nowhere, the credits start to pop and the episode is over. Stop delivering 5 min episodes!

Apr 28, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2016
Shit's really starting to get interesting now!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 28, 2017 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
People starting to be released slowly and some power being granted to the negotiators to make decisions more easily.
UN being corrupt as always, countries themselves are corrupt now, true communism is the answer.
Apr 28, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2012
Tsukai's pretty damn adorable.

I'm liking the "what if's" surrounding the Wam and the situation surrounding it. Hadn't thought that it'd affect something like global warming, possibly.

Wonder what zaShunina's plans for his candidates are, and why the scientist girl is one of those candidates. Is it cause she's pretty neutral to the whole situation?

Apr 28, 2017 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
I definitely agree with Tsukai. Humanity doesn't need the Wam. Too much risk is involved in this. (She was also pretty damn cute)

The thing about the UN turned out exactly what I though. At the end of the day everyone is after their selfish interest. The thing about non-proliferation is basically an excuse for the big five countries to monopolise the Wam.

I wonder how Japan will show its resolve. From the preview it seemed like they'll fight back.

Apr 28, 2017 2:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As I expected, getting free energy would not be well received by the rest of the world. Everyone wants a share of the pie.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2017 2:07 PM
Apr 2016
It all comes down to people. Prime Minister is sick with all this high and mighthy supranational organizations scum. He is going to see the anisotropic being succeed through any struggle. And in return might get some energy shields around Japan.
Re:formed
Apr 28, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
SabrinaKhuntia said:
Another great episode. I almost laughed out loud when Tsukai was showing Shindo the public's opinions, and one of them was "zaShunina is hot".

LOL yeah that opinion was funny.

The other opinion that caught my interest was the drop a bomb on the cube. Why? Why in god's name would u do something so irresponsible and stupid? So far neither zaShunina or the cube have killed/got violent and you want to initiate aggressions with an unknown being that has unlimited power at it's disposal? Why people so dumb?
Apr 28, 2017 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
I am smelling LOGH vibes from this anime!! Things keep getting freaking awesome!! 5/5 for this episode!
Apr 28, 2017 2:15 PM
Apr 2011
I liked how ZaShunina said "Welcome Back" to Shindo. & also his way of answering the smart phone, was very very cute! :)

And, can anyone please explain me what was he doing with that bread during lunch???
Apr 28, 2017 2:42 PM

Apr 2015
This animu is really good lol.

The UN has to meddle in like always...

Anyway the black haired girl is soo cute hahaha.

Apr 28, 2017 3:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay, this is going hardcore politcs now, i really like this. Even environmental problems are discussed!

The UN obviously are alert about this now, i don't blame them tbh. But what will they do with the Wam, i wouldn't be able to predict if they really share it around the world. I'm very interested in the new plan of Yaha-kui, it involves the scientist girl and the approval of the prime minister.

Maybe a key point that Hanamori has been given a crucial position and he is the last one to walk out of the cube.

That dialogue between Shindo and Tsukai was too fun, that was some unexpected comedy :D
Apr 28, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
this is turning out to be real good
Apr 28, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
And here I thought they cleverly offroaded Professor after the debacle of her first appearance like Jar-Jar Binks in the second Star Wars... but nope, more fanservice and boob-touching is coming o_O
She really is the worst character of this show. I get it they wanted the genius with lack of empathy but I still think it's more problem of seiyuu choice rather than a character (Kugimiya Rie is really unfit for this role). Let's hope putting her to forefront doesn't destroys everything good in the series.

Cause so far it's really good show, and they are asking very interesting questions there. Pressure from UN and US mainly (probably with Russia and China too) is only fitting as it tells pretty well how twisted is the real political power in the current world. It doesn't serves people at all.

So they want to bomb all the Earth with Wam (or throw down/supply Wam all around the world at once) but I wonder how they want to achieve that without triggering several military actions. I honestly doubt that the Professor is the most suitable one to do this but well. And of course US and other leaders of the world would be mad about it when this can shake the very foundations of the world order. I only hope this series has the balls to show results of this what if...

The next thing Yaha-kui Zashunina would probably need to do is to destroy inherited currency system of the world and the means of value to sort the differences between people. Yeah, this is clearly very dangerous though leading to uniformity and I really wonder how this series copes with it.
Apr 28, 2017 4:17 PM

Dec 2015
"The latest opinions: Yaha-kui is hot" lmao xDD. Who knew Tsukai had a cute side?

So over using the Wam would be bad for the nature? That was unexpected, I wouldn't even think about that...

Yes yes yes this anime is going great! A total surprise from Toei, but I guess they can do stuff when it's not about animation.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 28, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 2016
I only watch this anime because I'm interested in Tsukai..worth XD Didn't expect her personality to be cute like this
Apr 28, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2010
My first thought when considering the UN taking military action against Japan was that Yaha-kui could probably protect Japan from any sort of attack with Kado. On the other hand, the processing of new stuff with Kado seems to take an excessively long time, so that might not be an immediate fix.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 28, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2011
I really like this serie, probably my "coup de coeur" of the season. OP and ED are amazing :)

for the end I want Yahakui to die, killed by humanity, but before he dies, he chooses Shindo as the heir and give him his power. (Shonen style powaaa !) but I don't think it will be like that.

We see him chooses Shindo and now, the scientific girl. I think, he is on earth to help/save Humanity but before he wants to test them (with the Wam, illimited energy) to know who is worthy to be save.
Kado is a Arch and Yahakui is Noah.
Apr 28, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2016
Very interesting episode with lots of political implications surrounding the wam! The UNs reaction to Japan having this unlimited power source was fairly predictable but I'm interested to see their way around the issue. I don't think the rest of the world will be as tolerant of Yaha-kui zaShunina as Shindo and the Prime Minister seem to be. Tsukai and Shindo are cute in their interactions together and Tsukai was smashing that dislike button lol
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 29, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2013
Raikiri29 said:
I really like this serie, probably my "coup de coeur" of the season. OP and ED are amazing :)

for the end I want Yahakui to die, killed by humanity, but before he dies, he chooses Shindo as the heir and give him his power. (Shonen style powaaa !) but I don't think it will be like that.

We see him chooses Shindo and now, the scientific girl. I think, he is on earth to help/save Humanity but before he wants to test them (with the Wam, illimited energy) to know who is worthy to be save.
Kado is a Arch and Yahakui is Noah.

While I don't agree with the part about Yahakui dying or him choosing Shindo as his successor, I find the connection to the biblical flood to be quite interesting! One of the many possibilities really could be that Yaha is acting out the role of God, what with testing humanity and all, while Shindo plays the role of Noah and tries to persuade his fellow humans to "join him on the boat to salvation", only to no avail, as seen by the actions of the UN. To be honest, however, I would find this disappointing, because it is too obvious and I think this anime should go deeper than that. XD

Speaking of going deeper, I LOVE how the story is progressing! Rather than focusing on the action, it's going for detail, explaining things and bringing up very logical points that most fantasy works (books, sitcoms, etc.) usually don't mention for the sake of convenience. What exactly is the Wam? It will take scientist an immensely long time to figure out, but they do know it will have a negative impact on the environment, if used without measure, which is a very important fact. By knowing this we are certain that the creators aren't simply throwing at us a golden egg for the characters to fight over, but something that has both positive and negative aspects of its own. The social comments and the reaction from the UN are so believable that it amazes me. Overall, this show is portraying something I greatly enjoy - realistic fantasy. Despite having an element of fantasy, the story does not forget that it holds our real world as its place of existence, with all its ups and downs, and presents it in a way that society would actually react.

However, there is something that bothers me. Thus far the only ones to support the sharing of Wam is the Japanese government and, from what can be seen from the survey, a part of the citizens of Japan. To me, this is unrealistic and even borderline prideful, because it appears as though the Japanese are "the chosen ones", as if everyone outside the country is evil and greedy.
In reality, there is a good number of people who would "share the bread" outside of Japan and I would even go as far as to say that there are some countries that can make Japan seem heartless, especially in the way they handle family matters. Anyone who has researched modern Japanese culture or has lived in Japan will say that most Japanese people aren't exactly the most empathetic people on the planet. It's not uncommon to put immense pressure on your child and not giving it any emotional support, to not be romantic and expressive towards those you love or even not to share your troubles on a daily basis. Yes, not everyone is like that, because there are so many different people that live anywhere on this planet, however, Japan has the culture of putting suffering on a pedestal, as well as dismissing anyone who just wants happiness without intentionally making it harder for themselves.

This all being said, I would definitely like in future episodes to see other countries defending Japan and Yahakui, as well as protests inside and outside of Japan. There should definitely be people outside of Japan protesting against the UN, at the very least the French should, seeing as they love to do it XD. There should be public debates with historians and philosophers from all over the world. How has CERN not been shown thus far? If this anime manages to pull off a realistic viewpoint from outside of Japan, then I will definitely give it a 10/10, because in many cases in entertainment the creators simply can't get over the subconscious superiority complex of their homecountry, regardless of which it is.
ShadowwolfcatApr 29, 2017 2:33 AM
Apr 29, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2014
"Yaha-kui zaShunina is hot"
I second that. It's probably the most popular opinion among people too.

I like the practical and realistic political approach of this show.
I wonder what zaShunina plans to do with Kanata now.
Apr 29, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
Japan against the world. UN looks ultra mad on the preview.
Shindo and Tsukai have great chemistry. Too bad for that other girl, Natsume.
Hanamori got promoted!
Kado Release Order: 251. Hanamori Shun
RIP
Doctor Shinawa is one of the 108 Stars of Destiny :p

Theory about Kado being Noah's Ark sounds good to me.

Apr 29, 2017 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was amazing! The political aspect of this series is one of the best things as it makes it a lot more interesting.

Also Tsukai in the car was adorable!
Apr 29, 2017 9:43 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Poor Hanamori tho.

I lol'd at ''Yahakui is hot'' and Tsukai seeing the video.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 29, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2011
Good they are releasing them one at a time, that said i still don't see any measures taken towards waste disposal.

Also:

P R O P A G A N D A
R
O
P
A
G
A
N
D
A
Apr 29, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
Shadowwolfcat said:

However, there is something that bothers me. Thus far the only ones to support the sharing of Wam is the Japanese government and, from what can be seen from the survey, a part of the citizens of Japan. To me, this is unrealistic and even borderline prideful, because it appears as though the Japanese are "the chosen ones", as if everyone outside the country is evil and greedy.
In reality, there is a good number of people who would "share the bread" outside of Japan and I would even go as far as to say that there are some countries that can make Japan seem heartless, especially in the way they handle family matters. Anyone who has researched modern Japanese culture or has lived in Japan will say that most Japanese people aren't exactly the most empathetic people on the planet. It's not uncommon to put immense pressure on your child and not giving it any emotional support, to not be romantic and expressive towards those you love or even not to share your troubles on a daily basis. Yes, not everyone is like that, because there are so many different people that live anywhere on this planet, however, Japan has the culture of putting suffering on a pedestal, as well as dismissing anyone who just wants happiness without intentionally making it harder for themselves.

This all being said, I would definitely like in future episodes to see other countries defending Japan and Yahakui, as well as protests inside and outside of Japan. There should definitely be people outside of Japan protesting against the UN, at the very least the French should, seeing as they love to do it XD. There should be public debates with historians and philosophers from all over the world. How has CERN not been shown thus far? If this anime manages to pull off a realistic viewpoint from outside of Japan, then I will definitely give it a 10/10, because in many cases in entertainment the creators simply can't get over the subconscious superiority complex of their homecountry, regardless of which it is.

This so much! That's what bothers me a bit too. The alien chose Japan to share the wam, because Japan is oh so generous and not greedy at all. Although one of the japanese politicians said that if the situation were reversed they would also make the same demand like the UN is doing, the alien CHOSE Japan and in his words, Japanese are the most generous ppl in the world, and he's making that statement after he "watched the Earth and then came to that conclusion". I would like to seem diversity too.
Apr 29, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2014
shiroi-ookami said:
Shadowwolfcat said:

This so much! That's what bothers me a bit too. The alien chose Japan to share the wam, because Japan is oh so generous and not greedy at all. Although one of the japanese politicians said that if the situation were reversed they would also make the same demand like the UN is doing, the alien CHOSE Japan and in his words, Japanese are the most generous ppl in the world, and he's making that statement after he "watched the Earth and then came to that conclusion". I would like to seem diversity too.

I honestly rolled my eyes and carried on. I was hoping for a second that Zashu would at least explain how he got to that opinion about the japanese people; but he didn't. And like you said the prime minister didn't waste time to contraddict him in this episode.
At this point I wonder if Zashu is just way too oblivious about humanity and doesn't have a clue about how to go with his "advancement" plan. But then at the end of the episode he got my hopes up again with his "candidates".
Apr 29, 2017 5:41 PM

Feb 2017
My new waifu is Dr. Kanata Shinawa, or (as I call her) "Asperger-Chan".
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Apr 30, 2017 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
This show really keeps me hanging on the edge!
Humans (generally) are always afraid of something they could not understand... just like infinite energy...so look at the result, the UN decided that Japan should hand over all those Wam to UN because it would absolutely destroy world balance!
Looks like Yaha-kui zaShunina already knows who is the suitable person! the hyper girl scientist . Good choice!
5/5.

Apr 30, 2017 5:24 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
I am very much in love with this Anime so far! Very little good mystery are usual produced, so this is a very rare one.

After watching this episode, a friend of me sent me a video to explain what Yaha-kui meant with his explanation of what Kado is and the 4th dimension (why he can just make his arm appear out of thin air on an other place). I am not sure if I can post links here, so look for a video on Youtube called "4th Dimension - Tesseract, 4th Dimension Made Easy - Carl Sagan" for the full and simpler explanation, if you are interested. But basically it explains that we, humans, can only sense the world in 3 dimensions and that Kado is a fourth dimension we can not fully sense. That's why Kado looks like a cube to us, but in reality it isn't a cube. The video is very old, but is the ELI5 (explain-like-i'm-5) version and it made me love the Anime even more, because it's not just "plot convenience" and Yaha-kui is just super overpowered without good reason, but they actually put some thought into all this.
MALGRAPH____
Apr 30, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2015

Yup, humanity has its priorities right.
Apr 30, 2017 11:29 PM

Sep 2014
Whats that, japan has a new power source, prepare to be liberated!!
May 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
This series is proving itself to be greater each episode. I love this sort of development! And the music as well, feels like a mature Hollywood drama film score. The whole thing feels mature and really relevant to our modern society.

May 1, 2017 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
Politics 101.

Wow, I never though finite energy would be better for humanity than infinite. Never though infinite energy would cause global warming, depending on how humans use it. Simply wow.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
May 1, 2017 7:54 AM

Feb 2017
Interesting development. Who knew the Wan might overwhelm the Earth's energy and may speed up Global Warming.
I love this quote: "Anything used in excess is bad".
How will Japan act after the UN will seize all the Wan? Although the Wan is helpful, people can't handle Nuclear energy right, so how will they utilize these orbs?
So many questions!! Argh.
"I'm Irish. I think about death all the time."- Jack Nicholson

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.