Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2017 12:49 PM

Jan 2016
Fai said:
FireFistYamaan said:
This is so good! I don't understand when people say that this season is week,

Because beyond this, bahamut and Kado there's literally nothing good?

FireFistYamaan said:
Re:creators and Rokudashi.

lolno

For me at least, Bahamut is good yes and so is aot2 and hero academia 2
Apr 25, 2017 12:50 PM
Mar 2014
Liked the little battle they had, hope we get a lot more information about these beasts. Willhem confirmed for that super soldier or whatever they were called (emnawat(sp?)). There's so much story potential in just his past and there's 17 beasts so lots of potential there for developments and such. Hope no death next episode pleaseeeeee.
Apr 25, 2017 1:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So Willem fought himself with a sword against the beasts and ended up being frozen before Nyglattho found him. Still though, only sprinkled information on his past, more to come surely.

He did mention that he can't fight in episode 1 and i guess that's the reason, one bit of training with Chtolly and he ends up broken. He found a new technique for her though so she doesn't necessarily have to blow herself up.

That last scene with him putting the sword under maintenance was pretty and the OST was great. He gave her faith that she doesn't have to die.
Apr 25, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2015
No words, such a beautiful episode. The music is just perfect.

Apr 25, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
FireFistYamaan said:
Fai said:

Because beyond this, bahamut and Kado there's literally nothing good?

lolno

For me at least, Bahamut is good yes and so is aot2 and hero academia 2

Discounting sequels, this is easily the best this season. Nothing else comes close in terms of characters, story, and direction. This episode sealed the deal with Kutori's character exploration coupled with Willelm's timely backstory.
Apr 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2007
8igfan said:
Liked the little battle they had, hope we get a lot more information about these beasts. Willhem confirmed for that super soldier or whatever they were called (emnawat(sp?)). There's so much story potential in just his past and there's 17 beasts so lots of potential there for developments and such. Hope no death next episode pleaseeeeee.

Emnetwiht(old english for plain beings - emnet is plains/belief and wiht is "being" or in more sinister sense a ghost of the dead) is just a general term for human beings since nobody called them humans(except for humans themselves)
AhenshihaelApr 25, 2017 1:24 PM
Apr 25, 2017 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
I wish more budget was invested in the music. There were many tracks with fake strings.
Apr 25, 2017 1:24 PM

Nov 2016
This anime has the potential to be a 10/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2017 1:31 PM

May 2016
I'm really loving this series, the touching moments give warm feelings but they are so bittersweet because of the dark tones that lie under the surface. I really hope Chtholly doesn't die.
Apr 25, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2012
Very good episode. I really like the chemistry between Chtholly and Wilheim.

I despise woke people.
Apr 25, 2017 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
I'm liking this a lot so far. I wonder if no one still alive actually knows how to úse those weapons in the right way or if those girls are simply used as disposable weapons.
Apr 25, 2017 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
I just hope that we will get all of the volumes aniamted.

It would be a shame just to adapt 3 volumes when you only have 2 more to finish it.

Question for the LN readers, just to clarfiy something.

I will most likely end up crying by the end of this show aren't I?
Apr 25, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:

It would be a shame just to adapt 3 volumes when you only have 2 more to finish it.

Yes. Yes you will.
Apr 25, 2017 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
Vanschia said:
great episode
now I know why they mention that his age is more than 300yro, he was petrified
I thought he's still OP but seems like his body can't handle it..

the preview.. what
don't tell me.. someone is..
Yeah it was interesting to see how he managed to become 300yo and the price that he paid for the power he showed when he was fighting in the past.

Also yes, that preview worries me a lot.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 25, 2017 3:34 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was a bit quick. or at least how fast she changed her mind. Though nice to see development and world building. Some more background etc. Nothing really happened other than that.
Hopefully these aren't any death flags. though doubt main girl will die at least.
Apr 25, 2017 3:35 PM
Nov 2016
I said I'd drop this last week, but part of me was hesitant: as though I was just nitpicking, and being unfair.
I am not disappointed in my decision.
A refreshing fantasy anime we've been needing: not another trapped in another MMO.
Best of all, the teacher is the MAIN CHARACTER.
Apr 25, 2017 3:46 PM

Oct 2016
I'm just exasperated with their civilization. If they need fighters then train fighters. If they want a bomb, then make one. If they had the technology to create explosive dug weapons, then surely they could create something equivalent to a nuke?

Nothing against the episode, of course. Wonderful rapport between characters.
Apr 25, 2017 3:54 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Chtholly's expression was priceless when little Colon shouted Willem was sleeping with Ren. xD

This series is really refreshing to watch and I'm still absorbed by the world building and the atmosphere. I've never read the novel yet so I don't know what happens next, but I hope Chtholly and her group could make it back...alive? Nice to hear Willem's backstory. The little girls just became even more interested with him. :D

When Seniorius divided itself into talisman pieces, the sound effects of the bouncing talismans were so beautiful, and I was feeling a bit emotional when I heard that beautiful music again which I first listened to from the PV. :')
Apr 25, 2017 4:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That preview scares me a lot.

I feel like at least one of the 3 girl will be dead next episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 25, 2017 4:17 PM
Jan 2015
Death Flags, death flags everywhere and the preview doesn't help....
My Queens

Apr 25, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2014
So, any one who's a LN reader like me, does this song from Nier go well with this series's tone?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3hVo9VMhg
Apr 25, 2017 4:41 PM
Mar 2016
dont tell me after this episode
someone will die
i know this anime some kind a tear jeaker anime with Death Flag everywhere everytime and everymoment
but ..................... :|
NdanHMApr 25, 2017 4:46 PM
Apr 25, 2017 4:47 PM
Jun 2015
how can Uchouten Kazoku 2 or Rokudenashi have score more than this great show omg ?!
Apr 25, 2017 6:24 PM
Jun 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:

As an LN reader, I really hope that we only get 3 volumes animated this cour. There are many awesome scenes, emotional scenes, etc in the novels that would only get diluted if all five novels were mashed into one cour. Volume 4 alone probably has enough content for at least 4 episodes. Volume 5 maybe another 3 (not finished it yet).

A second season with the sequel LN could maybe even work starting with Volume 5 if this does end on Volume 4.
Apr 25, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
can someone who read LN, spoil all the story to me?
don't worry I like spoilers
Apr 25, 2017 6:57 PM

Oct 2014
Pace still feels a little bit too fast, but other than that, so far everything's good.

Death flags bombarding looks effective judging from the response here and also on other places.

The ony thing sad is that this series could have gained much much more attention if only the lineup from this season ain't filled with so much big budget animes with similar theme.
Who cares, though?
For a fan of the original material, knowing that the story he loves is adapted properly, free from super-fast pace and plot butchery, and filled with love from the staffs that work on it, is all that he could ever ask for.
Apr 25, 2017 7:22 PM
Jan 2017
Another episode full of character development and meaningful drama. I enjoy how the series is handling Willem and Chtholly's relationship. We got some insight on how these characters deal with their current situation. The voice performances and the music are done beautifully and allow us to get emotionally invested in this show.
Apr 25, 2017 7:37 PM
Jun 2011
dark-chaos said:
can someone who read LN, spoil all the story to me?
don't worry I like spoilers

Why not read it yourself? There is a very good translation being done by a guy called Fgilan. Just google Shuumatsu Nani LN translated and it should be the first result. The story is such a good read.
Apr 25, 2017 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, this anime is really getting me excited, I thought it would take longer to reveal the origin of Willem, but I liked to see that there was no delay in this, I also like to see the sentimental side of Chtholly and his doubts in accepting that everything can change, I like this realism in the characters, I'm even more anxious to see how the plot will develop ..
Apr 25, 2017 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like the direction could use some work. Sometimes I don't know how seriously I should be taking scenes. Other than that, this is a really good episode. I am not looking forward to knowing what happens next week based on the preview and all those death flags.
spicychileApr 25, 2017 9:44 PM
I need sleep.
Apr 25, 2017 8:45 PM

Jul 2014
ipwnallnubz said:

I don't think Willem ever told Chtholly about his family (but maybe I'm wrong.)

No, no. I definitely don't think Willem has openly talked about her daughter with anyone yet, I'm just stating the possibility that the fairy Chtholly referred to could well be Willem's daughter, but Chtholly and the other's might be untold of this fact.
Apr 25, 2017 8:53 PM
Oct 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
I said I'd drop this last week, but part of me was hesitant: as though I was just nitpicking, and being unfair.
I am not disappointed in my decision.
A refreshing fantasy anime we've been needing: not another trapped in another MMO.
Best of all, the teacher is the MAIN CHARACTER.

Glad you like it :)
Apr 25, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2016
Very funny start with Chtholly only thinking about Willem and getting embarrassed.

What he did though obviously worked, normally she would still be sore form the battle he fixed her good.

Must not be easy for Willem to live like that with such a battered body that was cursed.

Hope that training he gave Chtholly was helpful.

That was a beautiful scene there near the end with Willem & Chtholly together inside the barrier and what he was doing with the sword looks very pretty.

I really hope Chtholly comes back alive.
Apr 25, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2015
I'm really starting to like this series. Also glad to see that the naysayers from last week aren't in this thread this week lmao. They probably dropped it, which they should.

Idk why but I loved the conversation Ctholly had with the officer guy. Even though I too barely understood what he said. Something about wind; it sounded nice.

As for Willem... If his body is really in that state, he should barely be able to move, or at least in a ton of pain while moving (which might be implied in the way he fainted right after the fight; if so, damn he has some willpower). I'm surprised he's not constantly cranky. I have organ damage and widespread bone problems and I can only walk sometimes. At least give me some spells and magic to warrant my curses.

I don't know what to think about Ctholly now having a fear of death. Her fairy wings are so cool and pretty, though. I wonder when/how she developed them? When do the other kids get them?
Apr 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2013
So many death flags.

This reaction was hilarious!
Apr 25, 2017 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
ideallyqualia said:

I don't know what to think about Ctholly now having a fear of death. Her fairy wings are so cool and pretty, though. I wonder when/how she developed them? When do the other kids get them?

I wonder if it's just that the children are more thoroughly indoctrinated into that mindset. Kutori mentioned how hard she worked to build her resolve, so it could be that the older girls just had to more consciously deal with that teenage existential crisis and prepare themselves, whereas the younger ones are being conditioned to just avoid it altogether. I could be totally wrong though.
Apr 25, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
Nice information we got in this episode

Finally got that backstory for Wilheim and like I'm sure most expected, turns out he really was one of those special human soldiers from the past.

I'm not trying to spoil you or anything but I'm telling you he's not that special :)
Apr 25, 2017 10:51 PM

Oct 2012
Germs_N_Spices said:
I'm just exasperated with their civilization. If they need fighters then train fighters. If they want a bomb, then make one. If they had the technology to create explosive dug weapons, then surely they could create something equivalent to a nuke?

Nothing against the episode, of course. Wonderful rapport between characters.

They couldn't Dug Weapons, they just salvage those artifacts on the surface (hence how Grick and Nygglat found willem by accident). Also it's not the Dug Weapons that explode, those are just the catalyst (hence the use of the word Sacrifice ;) )

And I don't know if this was properly explained in the previous episode but the ones theyre fighting is just a part of the beast itself(think Hydra's Head).
Apr 25, 2017 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
Those flags and that preview had me so worried that I had to read some LN spoilers just to know.

Apr 25, 2017 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
ideallyqualia said:

I wonder if it's just that the children are more thoroughly indoctrinated into that mindset. Kutori mentioned how hard she worked to build her resolve, so it could be that the older girls just had to more consciously deal with that teenage existential crisis and prepare themselves, whereas the younger ones are being conditioned to just avoid it altogether. I could be totally wrong though.

OH that makes sense! Earlier a character mentioned that the fairies were created to be the ultimate warriors because of their mindset and I was wondering what they meant by that. It'd make sense if they just cultivated that mindset in them as they grew up.
Apr 25, 2017 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
Germs_N_Spices said:

They did not create them. As already stated in this and previous episode, Carillons were created by humans, for humans. And all humans are gone now.

Other species mostly dont even know how they work or what the swords are made of(as shown in this episode). Dug Weapons/Carillons are a complete mystery to them. They only know they worked in hands of humans, held tremendous power and could be used against beasts So they got species that can imitate humans to wield them and retrieving the carillons left after the deaths of previous "suicide bombers"
AhenshihaelApr 25, 2017 11:50 PM
Apr 25, 2017 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode, Chtolly and Willem's scene was beautiful.

I'm terrified with the preview for next episode, seems like someone is gonna die, is too early for Chtolly but the other 2... :'(
SkyLETVApr 25, 2017 11:42 PM
Apr 25, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2016
It's sad that kids have to be "weapons". They have so much to experience.
Apr 26, 2017 12:23 AM

Apr 2016
I guess Ren (Nephren) is my favourite among all the older kids. The "Matteeeeeeee" little one was funny too. Well, all the kids are hilarious. I wasn't such a fan of Chtolly so far but she grew on me with this episode. The butter cake flag though :(

Every week they show us some bits of the past which let us understand a bit more about the present world and the psychology behind the characters.

Great episode. I hope this show will keep on being that good and interesting (despite the obvious pandering but I don't care much about it). OP and ED are really good too.
Apr 26, 2017 12:35 AM
Oct 2009
Was great episode, the last scene was really beautifull. :3
Too many deathflags though, the next episode seem's sad. :(
Apr 26, 2017 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
Damn this is disappointing, the series is turning out exactly as I feared. Trying to cram this much content in 12 episodes, coupled with an inexperienced director has ruined the potential the source has... The pace is all out of whack and there's no transitions between scenes leaving everything feeling out of place and awkward. What they're doing to Shuumatsu should be a crime :/
RydakoApr 26, 2017 12:41 AM
Apr 26, 2017 12:59 AM
Jan 2016
So, i'm interpreting it as, "Damn this is satisfying, the series is turning out exactly as i expected. Although they have to cram this much content in 12 episodes, but paired with experienced director has saved the potential the source has.. the pacing is well done and there's a lot of time they gave us to understand, not even awkward. what they're doing to Shuumatsu should be a crime :)

Apr 26, 2017 1:22 AM

Apr 2017
Such... A Heavy Backstory... of Wilhelm... as He got petrified.. without knowing he really was... TOO DEEP...

Wilhelm.. duel with Ctholy... on a fair fight... Looks like she's still needs to be much more advance.. by taking her down with new skills...

I'm glad.. that all the kids.. didn't even listen from a word of Nyagglartho.. xD
So... Indeed Peaceful.. sitting on a broad moonlight... :))

A promised that could... be neither forgotten or.. Remember.. T_T and here I am hoping that won't happen.. But no... I sense.. more... tragedy...

It will be lot more Painful... in the next episode... So I'm Totally prepare of this.. already..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 26, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
I know some transitions between scenes could have been done better, but they really did a decent job on this volume overall, and all the bits of lore that were skipped are mentioned again in the second volume like more knowledge about the Timere, and learning more about the fairies. There's still a bit to be adapted towards the ending of volume 1, but i guess it'll be shown next week.
Apr 26, 2017 1:27 AM

Mar 2016
The story was amplified by the bombshell that Willem is one of the ancient humans who can wield the dug weapons! I thought it was so touching at the end when Willem echoed the line his loved one once said to him as he went off to his final battle. I really hope the series is able to continue to get better and better and we get to see a beautiful conclusion in 12 episodes. So far so good I can't wait to see the next one
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.