Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2017 2:59 PM
May 2016
I watched Darker than Black a long time ago, but i still don't understand something. Why was Hei so sad after what happened to Yin? He doesn't have feelings, so he shouldn't love her. Can someome explain me this? It is a really good show, but this thing is unlogical.
Apr 23, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
I was like that as well, but then I discovered that I had missed this: https://myanimelist.net/anime/7338/Darker_than_Black__Kuro_no_Keiyakusha_Gaiden it actually shows what happened between the two seasons and how they bonded, and I was satisfied with it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 24, 2017 1:25 AM
May 2016
Well i've seen Gaiden too, but it doesn't explain why did they have feelings
Apr 24, 2017 1:52 AM

May 2010
It's not that contractors don't have feelings, they just tend to think realistically. It's their nature. The episode in season 1 about Hell's Gate cult where Hei went to assasinate the leader had a conversation about this. They were exchanging opinions about what exactly was the difference between normal humans and contractors.
Apr 24, 2017 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of things didn't make sense, or weren't explained in Darker than Black, not to mention Gemini. You are better off not questioning it and just enjoy the cool action, the way it was intended to anyway.

Also wasn't Hei very different from normal contractors? And a better question is ... where did the romance with Yin come from? They were never showed to have that kind of relationship in the first season, and the OVA just felt strange to me because of that fact.
Apr 24, 2017 7:38 AM

Nov 2015
Rei is still human. The only reason he has the kickass superpowers is because he has the soul of his sister embedded within him.....or something to that effect.
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Apr 27, 2017 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
hibikase_ff said:

Watched S1 and OVA long time ago but updated MAL recently. Haven't seen season 2 (though I finally decided to give it a go this week) but didn't a lot of things happened between those two in season 1? She helped him out of her own will beyond the Gate when he was retrieving that Meteor even though it was painful for her spirit to venture beyond the Gate. Then he saved her quite a few times. Then Amber thing happened, the way she talked with and about Yin. In the end he lost two of his only friends (besides Amber) - the cat and Huang. She's basically the only one left in his life, same goes for her I assume. I mean, they didn't put that much attention onto this, it was quite subtle but for me this wasn't out of the blue and I kinda expected it would turn out this way.

You do make a point. Still those interactions were a little too subtle for my taste. And didn't he have the same thing going on between him and Misaki (the chick with glasses) throughout the series? I may be wrong tho, It has been years since I last rewatched the show. But yeah, the Yin route sounds a lot better in comparison, now that I look back.
Apr 28, 2017 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
hibikase_ff said:

From what I remember there was only a few of those moments, and she seemed more interested in him than Hei was into her.
As for Yin... I like her so I liked how it turned out in the end and partially in OVA, but not really a fan of the possession part. Also if I remember correctly, Hei was basically the only one who thought of her as a human being and not a simple doll.
I'd love to get some closure on this but I'm still not sure if I should watch Season 2 or leave it at S1+OVA... :)

Yeah, well the writers really did make the best choice going with the HeixYin route the more I think about it.
Honestly ... I may be the wrong person here, but I hated S2. It really didn't bring much to the story, and in a sense was pointless filler which made much more questions rather than answers. If you want a closer to the HeixYin romance you are better off with the OVA ending. You can still see it tho, it is very short and filled with action etc, but just don't expect much.

Another thing, you should check out the manga Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana. It is a sort of sequel to the first season, and personally I enjoyed it a lot better than S2 anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.