Do you regret your vote?
Yes
17.9%
No
82.1%
39 votes
Apr 23, 2017 2:14 PM

May 2010
Trump voters don’t have buyer’s remorse. But some Hillary Clinton voters do. - Washington Post

"Trump supporters say they aren't disappointed. In fact, a poll showed they were more pleased than disappointed, by about 5 to 1" ... "The poll showed just 7 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say Trump has performed worse than they expected him to. Fully 38 percent — five times as many — say he has performed better."

Yet it's strange. Here on MAL we have so many posters acting as if this is untrue. The general attitude around here would have you believe that most Trump voters were seemingly conned.

Where do you guys feel is the explanation for this discrepancy? Do you feel MAL posters represent overall voters well? Do you feel there is some amount of disillusionment involved?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2016
I'm neither American not care for this, but didn't Trump voters got literally all they wanted, why would they be disappointed at all?
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Apr 23, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2010
Noesnecesario said:
I'm neither American not care for this, but didn't Trump voters got literally all they wanted, why would they be disappointed at all?
I don't believe they would be. Trump voters were informed and very passionate. It's my belief that people out there would trick you into believing that Trump voters regret their votes and would not re-elect him.
Apr 23, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 2017
i voted for bernie, his policy seemed the most forward looking. registered democrat so it came down to trump/clinton both of whom were shit imo so i didnt vote. no regret except a hatred of the DNC and the system.

Donnie beat the system but cant deliver on most of his promises. oh whelllll
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Apr 23, 2017 2:35 PM
Mar 2017
Well I guess I'm in the almost non-existent minority then.
I was going to vote for Bernie Sanders in the election until he lost.
What I wanted the most toward the end of the election was the candidate that wouldn't cause tensions with Russia or any country that would start another war.
I feared that Hillary would steer the country in that direction the most, so I decided to vote for Trump in the end.
But in the end, he ended up doing the exact opposite of what I thought he'd do with Syria and North Korea.
I never "supported him", but now I'm wishing I never had voted for him or any of the two candidates in the first place.
Hopefully next year there will be better candidates.
Apr 23, 2017 2:38 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah, that is cognitive dissonance for you. (People don't like feeling they made the right choice when it is an important choice, and so they will typically justify why they made that choice)

Although, this doesn't change the fact his approval rating is abysmal:

(from the same site so if it is fake news then . . . )
Apr 23, 2017 2:51 PM
Oct 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Yeah, that is cognitive dissonance for you.

On your part? Most Trump supporters are not stupid, they knew that it would be next to impossible for Trump to get things done quickly or at all, after all he ran against the Republican Establishment as well. So their criteria for success was far more realistic, and this is why they are not disappointed. Plus he over delivered on what, to many, was the reason they voted for him: the USSC.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Although, this doesn't change the fact his approval rating is abysmal:

Won't matter until 2018. Probably won't matter at all because everyone else's negatives (democratic party, republican party) are even lower. As the election shows, you don't have to be liked, you just need to be less disliked, the democrats are making this to easy for him.

As the same poll showed, if the election were held today, Trump would win 43% to 40%
Apr 23, 2017 2:52 PM

May 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
(from the same site so if it is fake news then . . . )
Nah, I figured people would accept my post as real news because it's a site that tends to align left.

I'm surprised W. Bush's approval rating was so high. He was supposed to be the cause of everything.
Pirating_Ninja said:
Yeah, that is cognitive dissonance for you.
What a coincidence, that was the same argument I was going to make 4 years from now about the people who still would have voted for Hillary.
Apr 23, 2017 2:54 PM
Oct 2012
Thrashinuva said:
I was going to make 4 years from now about the people who still would have voted for Hillary.

Hell in 4 years they will probably have to vote for her again :-)

Apr 23, 2017 2:56 PM

May 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Thrashinuva said:
I was going to make 4 years from now about the people who still would have voted for Hillary.

Hell in 4 years they will probably have to vote for her again :-)

She's done. She won't run again. They might write her name in but she'll never be president.
Apr 23, 2017 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
But some Trump supporters are stupid
The high school educated gun nuts from the midwest anyways 8)

Apr 23, 2017 2:58 PM

May 2010
Zeally said:
I'll take that as a compliment thanks.
Apr 23, 2017 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:
Zeally said:
I'll take that as a compliment thanks.

That's a low bar to set for a compliment

Apr 23, 2017 3:01 PM
Apr 23, 2017 3:02 PM
Oct 2012
Thrashinuva said:
She's done. She won't run again. They might write her name in but she'll never be president.

One would think, but until someone sticks a stake into the Clinton Campaign Machine I would never rule any of them out. I mean look at the push to turn Chelsea into something (Vanity Fair cover).

They OWN the Democratic party.
Apr 23, 2017 3:03 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
half of the population wants to impeach him
It's almost as if half of the population didn't vote for him.
Apr 23, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2017
Takuan_Soho said:

On your part? Most Trump supporters are not stupid, they knew that it would be next to impossible for Trump to get things done quickly or at all, after all he ran against the Republican Establishment as well. So their criteria for success was far more realistic, and this is why they are not disappointed. Plus he over delivered on what, to many, was the reason they voted for him: the USSC.

not really what i heard. more than a few people got misled by the whole anti-establishment thing. He was anti-republican but what does that accomplish? he had to join in, make promises that he knew he couldnt deliever because now his hands are bound by foriegn politics and to the companies that he funded and continues to fund. anti republican not anti establishment like bernie was. he played the game right and got ruined before he got a chance.

Hillary wont run again, pls no

those figures are interesting though, guess im a minority/doesnt show up well on a graph, if you add up the %s that didnt vote or w/e its 91 to 96. I still think its closer than it shows. dunno much though.

Apr 23, 2017 3:04 PM

Nov 2008
People are slowly realizing that Clinton was selling a combination of snake oil and tyranny, you could see it in her eyes from the beginning.

Apr 23, 2017 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
Thrashinuva said:
Yet it's strange. Here on MAL we have so many posters acting as if this is untrue. The general attitude around here would have you believe that most Trump voters were seemingly conned.

There's a big difference between Trump supporters thinking they were conned and whether they were actually conned.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Apr 23, 2017 3:18 PM

May 2010
OmegaSiets said:
Thrashinuva said:

There's a big difference between Trump supporters thinking they were conned and whether they were actually conned.
If the con man gives you everything you ever desired, was it a really ever a con?
Apr 23, 2017 3:23 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:
half of the population wants to impeach him

true but the point im trying to make is that Trump failed on uniting america as he promised http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-goldberg-trump-john-lewis-20170117-story.html

americans are so divided right now because of him
Apr 23, 2017 3:31 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:

LOL, Trump had nothing to do with the divide, it has been this way since at least 2000.

Apr 23, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
OmegaSiets said:

If the con man gives you everything you ever desired, was it a really ever a con?

source for that he gave everything they desired? because there are news reports saying Trump failed most of his 100 days promises
Apr 23, 2017 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
Thrashinuva said:

Spoiler Alert!

Apr 23, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:

LOL, Trump had nothing to do with the divide, it has been this way since at least 2000.

sure but still Trump failed on his promise to unite your country
Apr 23, 2017 3:38 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:

You think a problem that has been growing for over 16 (although 45 would be closer to the point) years can be fixed in 100 days? Maybe the problem is with your expectations?

It's like blaming him for not "fixing" North Korea in 100 days....

Apr 23, 2017 3:39 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:
true but the point im trying to make is that Trump failed on uniting america as he promised
Doesn't happen over night. Might not even happen within 4 years. Might not even happen within 8. The idea is that the path Trump will take us on will lead to a United America.

Dr-Eyes said:
Many users in Current Events are not Americans.
That's a good theory, but we still have posters in this very topic speaking about low approval ratings. We still have conflicting data.
Apr 23, 2017 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:

You think a problem that has been growing for over 16 (although 45 would be closer to the point) years can be fixed in 100 days? Maybe the problem is with your expectations?

It's like blaming him for not "fixing" North Korea in 100 days....

well im not that one who promise such an unrealistic thing, and there are other unrealistic things he promised too that he failed to deliver on his first 100 days according to news reports
Apr 23, 2017 3:44 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
there are other unrealistic things he promised too that he failed to deliver on his first 100 days
Even if this should be true, why is there such a discrepancy between your attitude of a Trump administration failure and the attitude of a Trump administration success among his voters?
Apr 23, 2017 3:45 PM

Apr 2017
aight aight aight how about in 60+ years we go and ask what your kids/you(if youre young) think of trump and his policies.

cant be truly sure until then id think, I try and keep an open mind, HAVE HOPE
Ikaros_42ohApr 23, 2017 4:00 PM

Apr 23, 2017 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:
there are other unrealistic things he promised too that he failed to deliver on his first 100 days
Even if this should be true, why is there such a discrepancy between your attitude of a Trump administration failure and the attitude of a Trump administration success among his voters?

the Trump voters are in denial or ignorant of his track record on his first 100 days for example?

and if Trump prove me wrong then great, but like i said on the campaign threads in the past Trump may make the world worse especially economically
Apr 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2011
I would have regretted voting for either one.
Apr 23, 2017 3:54 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
well im not that one who promise such an unrealistic thing, and there are other unrealistic things he promised too that he failed to deliver on his first 100 days according to news reports

"According to New Reports", ah, there is your first problem. The News in the US (and the world) is incredibly biased - nearly 90% of all articles on Trump are negative - and not honest policy differences mind you, but over the top, serious moonbat craziness.

Like an MSNBC reporter blaming the riots in Venezuela on Trump.

The whole 100 days meme was invented by the media to attack Trump on, much like the "worked with the Russians" thread.

Apr 23, 2017 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:

"According to New Reports", ah, there is your first problem. The News in the US (and the world) is incredibly biased - nearly 90% of all articles on Trump are negative - and not honest policy differences mind you, but over the top, serious moonbat craziness.

Like an MSNBC reporter blaming the riots in Venezuela on Trump.

The whole 100 days meme was invented by the media to attack Trump on, much like the "worked with the Russians" thread.

funny you can blame other factors when it comes to Trump? like Trump can do no wrong?

sure the media is bias, im aware of that, but i would rather get info from mainstream media than unknown/popular news sources that are labeled for alternative facts and conspiracy theories
Apr 23, 2017 4:14 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
funny you can blame other factors when it comes to Trump? like Trump can do no wrong?

Funny how everything is either/or for you.

As an American I have been watching this for 18 months now. I was initially anti-Trump, but watching the MSM and even so called "conservative" sites like NRO and the Federalist go literally insane, I decided that Trump is what this country deserves (and less face it Hillary is a horrible person and would have been a horrible President - even her own supporters are starting to say it).

I also enjoy watching people absolutely lose their sense of reason and start foaming at the mouth over him.
Apr 23, 2017 4:18 PM

Apr 2017
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:

As an American I have been watching this for 18 months now. I was initially anti-Trump, but watching the MSM and even so called "conservative" sites like NRO and the Federalist go literally insane, I decided that Trump is what this country deserves (and less face it Hillary is a horrible person and would have been a horrible President - even her own supporters are starting to say it).

I also enjoy watching people absolutely lose their sense of reason and start foaming at the mouth over him.

did we really have to accept those two, straight would have preferred a fucking revolt... mark me down as "disappointed"

;)
sense of REASON PLZ

Apr 23, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:
the Trump voters are in denial or ignorant of his track record on his first 100 days for example?
"Everyone but me is in denial."
Apr 23, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:

im no american but i have relatives there and the world economy still heavily relies on the strength of the USA dollars so thats why im concerned

if i were american i would have voted for Hillary just because she is like Obama 2 so the status quo stays unlike now that the risk is so high with Trump, good thing that check and balances are at work like the judiciary there and some republican politicians are countering the bad actions of Trump
Apr 23, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

err have you seen this news? Sean Spicer is unable to name a single legislative success from Donald Trump's first 100 days
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1608989

im not simply boasting around that im aware of things but news like that says a lot
Apr 23, 2017 4:26 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
welp lets talk about Trump and not me here, funny when it comes to discussing about Trump here i notice the Trump supporters attack my character rather than defending Trump's position or even his character

im no american but i have relatives there and the world economy still heavily relies on the strength of the USA dollars so thats why im concerned

if i were american i would have voted for Hillary just because she is like Obama 2 so the status quo stays unlike now that the risk is so high with Trump, good thing that check and balances are at work like the judiciary there and some republican politicians are countering the bad actions of Trump

Uhm, you were the one who took it personal first. That's what's funny about TDS, the people who suffer from it not only don't notice but think its a virtue.

Ah, noticed you changed your post. LOL. Sorry got to it first.

As for "legislative successes", Trump is in the Executive branch. He can't dictate the timing of legislation. But it does look like he will get Obamacare repeal and replacement within another 6 weeks.

Apr 23, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
j0x said:
welp lets talk about Trump and not me here, funny when it comes to discussing about Trump here i notice the Trump supporters attack my character rather than defending Trump's position or even his character

Uhm, you were the one who took it personal first. That's what's funny about TDS, the people who suffer from it not only don't notice but think its a virtue.

welp i deleted that line when i realize i kinda attack you first, but it was more of a honest observation from your posts on this thread that you seem to defend all Trumps actions/decisions like he can do nothing wrong, but when it comes to other politicians like Hillary you freely attack her as a person and not about her platform
Apr 23, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:

err have you seen this news? Sean Spicer is unable to name a single legislative success from Donald Trump's first 100 days

im not simply boasting around that im aware of things but news like that says a lot
And what exactly does it say?
Apr 23, 2017 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

that even Trump's staff are ignorant or in denial of their accomplishments at least on their first 100 days

Apr 23, 2017 4:48 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:
that even Trump's staff are ignorant or in denial of their accomplishments at least on their first 100 days
Contrary to your statement, that doesn't say a lot.
Apr 23, 2017 4:58 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

Trump pridefully said that he will get things done easily unlike old presidents/politicians but look at him now struggling (especially early on this first 100 days), he underestimated governing a country, he should have never promise unrealistic things

so Trump is just like any other president/politician, all talk and promises

thats all for me here
Apr 23, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:
Trump pridefully said that he will get things done easily
Did he really say that? I only remember the promise to work on things as soon as possible, and to get things done as quickly as possible. Rome wasn't built in a day, and no one assumed the wall would be either.
Apr 23, 2017 5:03 PM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
welp i deleted that line when i realize i kinda attack you first, but it was more of a honest observation from your posts on this thread that you seem to defend all Trumps actions/decisions like he can do nothing wrong

First, the thread is about why Trump supporters are not disappointed.
Second, what has Trump done wrong? Not accomplished things as fast as he wanted? Well anyone who knows anything knew this going in. Only Trump's enemies are insisting that Trump be held to his literal word, his supporters, and they said this BEFORE Trump was elected, had far lower expectations.
And third, they are for the most part satisfied. They got their Supreme Court Judge, illegal immigration is down 2/3rds even before the wall, and most of Obama's unconstitutional regulations have been rolled back.

Had Trump gone all in on Syria, there would be far more disappointment, but I think the vast majority agreed with Trump's limited action regarding WMD. I personally have been waiting nearly 30 years for a President to take North Korea seriously - so I am pleasantly surprised with Trump on that (it would have been easier for him to keep his head in the sand).

j0x said:
but when it comes to other politicians like Hillary you freely attack her as a person and not about her platform

Well, from the start I said no to both Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton - there is something wrong with having too many people from the same families control the country. Ironically I have met Jeb Bush, nice guy, I think his heart is in the right place, but no, enough is enough. As for Hillary, the recent book about her campaign shows how lucky we were to avoid her: paranoid, incompetent, vindictive, petty - and these were writers who were going to write a book praising her (until she lost).

Had she won, we would have invaded Syria. She is a war hawk, and she would have wanted to prove herself too much. So count your blessings World, you don't know what you avoided.
Apr 23, 2017 5:06 PM
Oct 2012
Thrashinuva said:
Did he really say that? I only remember the promise to work on things as soon as possible, and to get things done as quickly as possible. Rome wasn't built in a day, and no one assumed the wall would be either.

He said he would "work with Congress to introduce legislation within the first 100 days". So being smart, he left himself an out.

But notice who are the one's screaming about "breaking his promises", the same people who have hated him from the beginning and who tried to stop everything he has tried to do (see Russia).
Apr 23, 2017 5:13 PM
Oct 2012
A little off topic, but here is the main reason I defend Trump.

I am sick of the MSM poisoning everything with their TDS (and the truth is that it has nothing to do with Trump, had Cruz or Rubio won, it would be the same thing).

Example from just today. Was on AL (arts and literature) Daily, saw what I thought would be an interesting article about a Western critic who went to Japan and China. Was settling in for an interesting, non political read, and there at the start is an attack on Trump.

Why? No reason, the critic had died in 1986, had nothing to do with Trump, but the author couldn't resist. It's the same when I go to the Opera or Symphony (doesn't help that I live in Ground Zero of progressivism) or even watching sports. You can't escape it, they won't let you. So this is my revenge on them. They deserve Trump and they got him.

https://www.firstthings.com/article/2017/05/empson-in-the-east

Apr 23, 2017 5:13 PM

Apr 2017
Takuan_Soho said:
They got their Supreme Court Judge, illegal immigration is down 2/3rds even before the wall, and most of Obama's unconstitutional regulations have been rolled back.

Had Trump gone all in on Syria, there would be far more disappointment, but I think the vast majority agreed with Trump's limited action regarding WMD. I personally have been waiting nearly 30 years for a President to take North Korea seriously - so I am pleasantly surprised with Trump on that (it would have been easier for him to keep his head in the sand).

j0x said:
but when it comes to other politicians like Hillary you freely attack her as a person and not about her platform

Well, from the start I said no to both Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton - there is something wrong with having too many people from the same families control the country. Ironically I have met Jeb Bush, nice guy, I think his heart is in the right place, but no, enough is enough. As for Hillary, the recent book about her campaign shows how lucky we were to avoid her: paranoid, incompetent, vindictive, petty - and these were writers who were going to write a book praising her (until she lost).

Had she won, we would have invaded Syria. She is a war hawk, and she would have wanted to prove herself too much. So count your blessings World, you don't know what you avoided.

Yeah Hillary was a bad idea but about the supreme court; the GOP stalled the fuck out of Obamas for how long ? over a year wasn't it? Then they get all pissed when they're pissed, etc

War hawks exist in the trump admin have no fear, trump actually did o k in syria but he couldnt even get the country right when asked about it :(

Legislation isnt that important for a pres yes but internationally he's the most powerful man in the world. how? Give me this shit I got it///

sometimes i remember we're all just monkey with big brains but idk, makes me wanna leave earth lol >)
Ikaros_42ohApr 23, 2017 5:21 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.