Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 16 Discussion


Apr 24, 2017 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1944
Well glad this show dealt with how badly impatience she is. Don't feed into the ending too much guys. She learned her lesson. Though I really like the humor this episode. Akko can be really funny when she is by herself.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Apr 24, 2017 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1071
I'm with those who enjoyed this episode. Sucy gets some of the best lines in her banter with Akko, and Akko walks right into the Sucy verbal barbs but seems not to notice.

I like the way mundane reality intrudes on the magic; Croix eating her cup of instant noodles and Yeti-san getting trolled to tears.
 
Apr 24, 2017 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 16
Werty800 said:
@Pencil_of_Noise @Infatuate @evyyy @eXtacy67 @WaifuNationz
People seem to forget the overall theme that this show has going on in the background and how this episode still followed it.
There is this whole thing with magic dying out and technology coming in as a replacement. In this episode, it was shown how Lotte's shop has now changed with the times and stopped focusing on selling magic items. The lack of skillful mages in the area (and actually the whole world while we're at it, it's just a symbolic thing that it was this place and not another) left Akko to deal with this situation in the end. First she gets help from Lotte and Sucy, which was supposed to show how they're gonna get involved in Akko's discoveries more directly from now on.
When Akko meets the Yeti, he is simply bummed out and lost all passion for his craft. Why? Because technology made him this way. In the previous episodes we got to see how great technology is and how it'll help the mage world, but at severe costs. Now we see it having more and more negative effect, because previously the Yeti probably wouldn't have to deal with all of it. In the era of magic, he would (and probably was) be more appreciated and never receive this kind of negativity. Akko helped him understand that he doesn't have to abandon the past by switching to the new, how technology isn't a thing he should worry about, as well as hate which she had to deal with before as well.
Croix also showed how the strongest source of magic energy is anger in one of the scenes here, which supports my claim. We already saw that Croix is most likely the antagonist, but now we see that technology is pretty bad in its own right as well, not only in the hands of Croix.
As she was getting back she was contemplating giving up, the one that told her that was her past self, the one that couldn't cast a single spell and didn't have the Shiny Rod or her friends. But thankfully, those people tell her that she has to carry on with her duty to become better, and finally she sees the person she's been striving to be like: Shiny Chariot, telling her the same thing, so she picks herself back up. She gets saved, goes back, understands the overall lesson of being patient (though quickly forgets it as she usually would) and unlocks a new word.
That was long. I still probably missed a lot. This episode had a lot of substance, it's just that it was subtle.

It didn't help that it was solved in a similar sense as ep. 4. Additionally, it lacked the heart of ep. 4 because it was so fast. It could've atleast shown Akko's thoughts in how she's always told to stop pursuing her dreams but she, herself, continued to believe in her goal, along with a few friends that support her. She could've used that to form a more believable bond--rather than have a random little girl, who doesn't even have a form of compensation, to instantly remove the insecurity of someone.
In line w/ what you said about Magitronics, they could've changed the problem altogether. Instead of having the Yeti be depressed over other people, let it be about him being reliant on creating his work w/ the use of a machine (e.g. 3D printer), and make it so that the machine-crafted work has some compromises that shouldn't be performed but doing it by hand is a very tedious prospect. This would allow Akko and the Yeti to notice the importance of taking the long way ahead.
"You can't blame someone for being weak. But you can blame them for not trying to get stronger."
-Natayama, Miri
 
Apr 24, 2017 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 728
4/5- I loved this episode. It was pretty fun and to see Lotte's family was kinda cool I guess. Just everything Akko does at this point entertains me.

I don't understand why some people call this filler. It's like they aren't really watching the overall meaning of the show. Every single word thus far is a life lesson for Akko pretty much. All the other words have meaning as well.

http://littlewitch.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Words_of_Arcturus

In this case, the new word is to teach her patience or whatever. This ENTIRE episode was Akko rushing through everything. She had zero patience in gathering everything like waiting for the snow to naturally fall and smacking the reindeer in the ass with the book to make it go faster.

In the end, she learned patience (for now), unlocked the word and save her friends.



 
Apr 24, 2017 4:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 20
Episode about patience that never once had akko actually be patient. I love this show but i will say this episode was a bit disappointing. It didn't feel rewarding enough for her to have unlocked a new word, and the problem that needed solving was a bit too odd, and a bit too short lived for it to have meant anything.
I think it wouldve been better if it was dragged over two episodes to drive in the stress of akko losing people to this disease, and also to give it time for akko to actually BE patient. Also in that time there would've been much more room to explore how magic is dying outside the school, which was only mentioned in the 'kiosking' of Lotte's shop.
 
Apr 24, 2017 5:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Personally I loved it. Well, maybe the episode is not at the level of the previous ones and is boring for some, they are right ...
But this episode also I like because I consider it a relaxing to what will come later. This episode felt like that, Akko had to be patient to save Lotte's Family, She and Sucy... personally, I believe that was the message, although some think they were not.
I will wait patiently for the new episode, I feel satisfied.

Modified by ZombieKid, Apr 24, 2017 5:38 PM
 
Apr 24, 2017 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 71
Anyone noticed Croix's Ghostbuster reference?



Also, it had to be the "reboot". Of course.
 
Apr 24, 2017 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1599
THE STARS HAVE LITERALLY ALIGNED FOR THIS DAY. And the cure is just as specific for some strange reason but oh well, the filler word has been found and now there are only 3 more. I say filler word because compared to the other episodes, this one felt like the sole purpose of all of this was to give a reason for Akko to discover a new word, but without anything deep and meaningful. It felt like more important filler.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
 
Apr 24, 2017 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 345
I laughed at how bizarre and inane the requirements for Greenman Disease had to be for it to happen in spite of how horrible having the disease sounded.

Also Sucy being Sucy enthusiastically greeting the Jansson's clearly moss-infected neighbor.

I loved all the Moomintroll references like how Moominpapa sponsors "Robert's Coffee" and Janne resembles Mymble with a herring as hair bun.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
 
Apr 24, 2017 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 169
Pencil_of_Noise said:
Werty800 said:
@Pencil_of_Noise @Infatuate @evyyy @eXtacy67 @WaifuNationz
People seem to forget the overall theme that this show has going on in the background and how this episode still followed it.
There is this whole thing with magic dying out and technology coming in as a replacement. In this episode, it was shown how Lotte's shop has now changed with the times and stopped focusing on selling magic items. The lack of skillful mages in the area (and actually the whole world while we're at it, it's just a symbolic thing that it was this place and not another) left Akko to deal with this situation in the end. First she gets help from Lotte and Sucy, which was supposed to show how they're gonna get involved in Akko's discoveries more directly from now on.
When Akko meets the Yeti, he is simply bummed out and lost all passion for his craft. Why? Because technology made him this way. In the previous episodes we got to see how great technology is and how it'll help the mage world, but at severe costs. Now we see it having more and more negative effect, because previously the Yeti probably wouldn't have to deal with all of it. In the era of magic, he would (and probably was) be more appreciated and never receive this kind of negativity. Akko helped him understand that he doesn't have to abandon the past by switching to the new, how technology isn't a thing he should worry about, as well as hate which she had to deal with before as well.
Croix also showed how the strongest source of magic energy is anger in one of the scenes here, which supports my claim. We already saw that Croix is most likely the antagonist, but now we see that technology is pretty bad in its own right as well, not only in the hands of Croix.
As she was getting back she was contemplating giving up, the one that told her that was her past self, the one that couldn't cast a single spell and didn't have the Shiny Rod or her friends. But thankfully, those people tell her that she has to carry on with her duty to become better, and finally she sees the person she's been striving to be like: Shiny Chariot, telling her the same thing, so she picks herself back up. She gets saved, goes back, understands the overall lesson of being patient (though quickly forgets it as she usually would) and unlocks a new word.
That was long. I still probably missed a lot. This episode had a lot of substance, it's just that it was subtle.

It didn't help that it was solved in a similar sense as ep. 4. Additionally, it lacked the heart of ep. 4 because it was so fast. It could've atleast shown Akko's thoughts in how she's always told to stop pursuing her dreams but she, herself, continued to believe in her goal, along with a few friends that support her. She could've used that to form a more believable bond--rather than have a random little girl, who doesn't even have a form of compensation, to instantly remove the insecurity of someone.
In line w/ what you said about Magitronics, they could've changed the problem altogether. Instead of having the Yeti be depressed over other people, let it be about him being reliant on creating his work w/ the use of a machine (e.g. 3D printer), and make it so that the machine-crafted work has some compromises that shouldn't be performed but doing it by hand is a very tedious prospect. This would allow Akko and the Yeti to notice the importance of taking the long way ahead.


Episode 4 had an entirely different purpose than this one. Actually, in here we see that Akko actually learned something from it, and was able to make a quick decision to help the Yeti mentally, just like Lotte did with the writer.
It did show how hard she is on herself really, or more specifically how hard she was on herself in order to remind the viewer how far she's come as a character. Not to mention how the past Akko, one that was one her way to school, tells her to drop the "baggage", which could mean that she actually had doubts about becoming a witch even back then, with all that passion she had for it. It's not like she didn't have any moments of self-doubt.
Okay, I personally think that theorizing to this point where you would completely change a scene is going too far, there's no way to know how it would work comapared to the one we already have if it isn't animated, but this is just one of the reasons why that Yeti scene was shown the way it did. I don't think it's about taking the long way ahead, but about showing how technology and something like a smartphone and how he gets hate from it stopped him from doing his work completely as he loses all passion, which is the driving force behind Akko this whole time. It's shown as a contrast. Akko is unsure about technology at this point as well, but she also holds the thing that could replace it. She embodies her own kind of magic that was inspired by Chariot and constantly shows it by helping other people ovecome issues with pure passion and not giving up, but she is still human and has doubts, that she rarely shows to others, but hides within herself. I said it's a thing going on in the background for a reason.
What I will admit is that the scenes were shot way too fast and that makes the message about patience weaker.
Modified by Werty800, Apr 25, 2017 5:44 AM
 
Apr 25, 2017 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 485
I liked this episode more than the previous one. It's always nice to see the three main girls in action causing solving problems, and the prominent SoL aspects this week made it all the more enjoyable. Akko also grew a bit more, just to revert back to her old self at the end scene. While I see the necessity of having a villain to defeat, what attracted me to this series were these types of chill episodes.
 
Apr 25, 2017 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 62
This episode was a letdown after the last 5 episodes had been so good. I think it works better for the story if a word is revealed with dramatic purpose and intent rather than just casually. Besides, Akko already has patience. She's been waking before dawn to practice magic. She's cast the repair spell 101 times trying to get it right and hasn't given up! She already knows that she has to work hard to become like Chariot and is willing to put forth effort which requires patience as part of it.

This episode made Akko act like an idiot, trying to rush everything for the plot's sake or for humor, but it didn't feel genuine to me. Technically, it wasn't filler, but it sure felt like it. What a waste of Word! Please, no more episodes like that. Don't cheapen the plot. :/
 
Apr 25, 2017 6:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Ah... The Japanese are surprisingly fond of Finnish culture references, and these were the most blatant ones thus far. I had fun at how they were also pretty self-aware (R-Kioski becoming L-Kiosk, for example).

The "hapansilakkapiirakka" they were eating was an oddity, though. Firstly, "hapansilakka" or surströmming is a Swedish... delicacy. Secondly, I do not think anyone uses it on the type of pastry (Karelian pie) shown.

Still, some of the humour is definitely lost unless you know what suströmming is like. That effects of that stuff could not even be shown in a kid friendly show like this. For reference, a pretty tame and polished reaction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo
(Yes, it is by BuzzFeed and I understand if you are boycotting them.)
 
Apr 25, 2017 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7622
There is no doubt that the part of Professor Croix is much more interesting, because it has some repercussions on the main story, but the search for Akko's new word has goals that go far beyond the mere entertainment of the spectator . With this episode, though little, we had a further growth of Akko and the strengthening of the bond between her and the other two girls. Then it is a good opportunity to better describe the Lotte character through the family, quite different from what happened to Sucy. Anyway, I hope to know the family of the latter, it must be as good as her.
 
Apr 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 45
Yami-Karasu said:
Ah... The Japanese are surprisingly fond of Finnish culture references, and these were the most blatant ones thus far. I had fun at how they were also pretty self-aware (R-Kioski becoming L-Kiosk, for example).

The "hapansilakkapiirakka" they were eating was an oddity, though. Firstly, "hapansilakka" or surströmming is a Swedish... delicacy. Secondly, I do not think anyone uses it on the type of pastry (Karelian pie) shown.

Still, some of the humour is definitely lost unless you know what suströmming is like. That effects of that stuff could not even be shown in a kid friendly show like this. For reference, a pretty tame and polished reaction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo
(Yes, it is by BuzzFeed and I understand if you are boycotting them.)


I get the impression that the ones that knows the Nordic culture well, is the people who enjoyed this episode the most. A bit strange that they used the Finnish word "Hapansilakka", when it is the Swedish word who Japanese uses シュールストレミング [Shūrusutoremingu]. Especially since Lotte's family has a Swedish name, which had me believe that Lotte Yanson (like Tove Jansson) is supposed to be a Swedish-speaking Finn (Finlandssvensk).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland

We often joke about this here in Sweden, about that the Japanese anime culture hardly notice us. The few times "we" get any screen time in an anime, is when our we are represented by the Swedish speaking minority in Finland, or as in this very episode though the Sami people. This is a bit strange, since the Swedish and Finnish culture basically are two variants of the same culture. A bit like England compared to Wales or Scotland.
The equivalent would be something like if the anime community never ever mentions England, but really loves Scotland and sometimes even Wales.
Modified by Teisatsu, Apr 25, 2017 11:20 AM
 
Apr 25, 2017 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1112
Oh man, how did I not see that coming? It was so obvious what the thing she lacked was but I still didn't figure it out on my own. :(
 
Apr 26, 2017 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1230
This was kind of a fun episode, but getting the word at the end really didn't feel as rewarding as with the previous words. There wasn't really enough buildup for that, which made the aesop a little too hamfisted, even for this show. I've been enjoying Akko's very slow but still sensible character development, but this episode felt more like a shortcut than anything meaningful.
 
Apr 27, 2017 3:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4424
Akko is always fun to watch.
 
Apr 27, 2017 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 183
I confess I started to think that the word was related to patient the moment Ursula mentioned that was something was lacking in Akko, XD (after that little scene in the beginning with her freaking out because of the slow internet, XD )
 
Apr 27, 2017 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 551
-Wow Sucy spoiling real life so casually
-Looks like actual magical stuff is going to happen this episode
-Lotte's parents are already great like 30 seconds into their introduction
-My gut feeling was right, but it sorta makes sense after last episode.
-Well Akko was the only one who didn't finish one of those H-pies so she's probably gonna be the last witch standing
-Yeah this is some of the stuff that I do like, just wholesome questing
-Hoo man Akko's smug face 10/10
-are they actually gonna play the "akko's got a better chance of finding santa claus than waiting" completely straight
-hoo baby some S T E A M Y action goin on with papa lotte and Janne
-mama lotte promptly putting a stop to that even while mossified
-the yeti was great
-aw that was so sad when the yeti stormed out of his own home
-i actually like winter gear akko's design a lot
-hoo man that bgm during akko's trudge back
-merry christmas

Pretty lovely episode compared to the last one, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the episode 4 rehash with the yeti. Despite that, watching Akko get into shenanigans by virtue of her being herself is always great to watch. Nothing too much more to say about the episode other than this is the type of stuff I like about this show: just good, clean, magical mishaps.
 
Apr 27, 2017 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 263


am i the only one who think Lotte's crying face is so adorable??

 
Apr 27, 2017 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
One word down each episode, for 3 more. Hopefully.
 
Apr 28, 2017 6:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
@Werty800
but at severe costs

What costs? We don't know that yet.
We only know Croix-sensei has some sinister plans and that those machines are under her control, nothing more.


Croix also showed how the strongest source of magic energy is anger

No, she showed that anger wastes huge amounts of magic energy.
We don't know how she would use that. Maybe she will provoke and enrage her opponents thus depleting their magic?
 
Apr 28, 2017 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 18120
Lotte's mum knocking off that kiss, lol.

As soon as they mentioned that guy's name was Nicholas I knew a Santa thing was gonna come up.
 
Apr 28, 2017 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 169
megaload said:
@Werty800
but at severe costs

What costs? We don't know that yet.
We only know Croix-sensei has some sinister plans and that those machines are under her control, nothing more.


Croix also showed how the strongest source of magic energy is anger

No, she showed that anger wastes huge amounts of magic energy.
We don't know how she would use that. Maybe she will provoke and enrage her opponents thus depleting their magic?



After that she added that it yields it to something, don't know what that thing is exactly yet. Yield means to provide or supply or produce. That means it produces the most magic.

The costs have to be severe enough to go to such extremes and risk as much as she does. She was most likely willing to severely hurt Chariot, perhaps even kill her, use Akko the way she did, hide all her experiments and push her technology to the school through the use of deception. She wouldn't hide it if there wasn't a serious reason to do so. I can't tell what it is yet, I'm unsure myself, but my guess would be that her technology uses emotions as fuel, and the most reliable source of it is anger.
 
Apr 29, 2017 5:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8306
This episode was a little weak, but Yeti-san was a sweetheart.
And maybe you wouldn't be abandoned by the reindeer if you stopped hitting it with your book.
 
Apr 29, 2017 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8102
Lol I like how the moment Akko found a reason to show her loathe for that pie, she threw it in the bin. She hated its taste anyway.

Yea, if it doesn't fall naturally, you make it fall... by accident. I like dat way of thinking.

Nicholas-san lmao.

Angsty reindeer.

Lol dat yeti. I like. Akko knows how to flatter.

Well that got. weirdly dramatic.

Dat was a weird fun episode.
 
Apr 29, 2017 9:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1040
KingKatsura said:
this is undoutedly trigger's best anime, for me at least.

I would say Little Witch Academia is still a bit hard to beat Kill la Kill but definitely not that far off!
 
Apr 29, 2017 4:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
Werty800
Yield means to provide or supply or produce.

Also means to give up the control.
It depends of the context and here we have a raging magic monster. How you can get energy from it? Maybe it bleeds magic and you can harnesses it somehow? But it's definitely not a way of creating magic.
I am not even sure if the translation is right.

The costs have to be severe enough to go to such extremes and risk as much as she does.

Yes, she is desperate to hide something, but this thing could be what Chariot already told - to grab all the magic for herself?

Yes, most likely the technology is doing some irreversible damage to the magic but we don't know that yet. There is the possibility that Croix is not that evil and her technology not so destructive.
Maybe she is only an manipulative control freak and slightly possessed by greed, not destroyer of worlds. ;)))
I think her tablets would be more damaging to the users and eventually will become a way to control them.

Modified by megaload, Apr 29, 2017 4:21 PM
 
Apr 30, 2017 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6559
Crocospect22 said:


am i the only one who think Lotte's crying face is so adorable??


Nope. Lotte's cute in general. One of my favorite characters, so it was also great to meet her family in this episode.
 
Apr 30, 2017 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 546
The yeti was pretty much a perfect representation of a Finnish person in personality
 
May 1, 2017 5:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 41
DuoraDoll said:
THE STARS HAVE LITERALLY ALIGNED FOR THIS DAY. And the cure is just as specific for some strange reason but oh well, the filler word has been found and now there are only 3 more. I say filler word because compared to the other episodes, this one felt like the sole purpose of all of this was to give a reason for Akko to discover a new word, but without anything deep and meaningful. It felt like more important filler.
That's not filler.
 
May 3, 2017 12:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 59
seriously one of my favorite anime ever, i love every part of this
 
May 3, 2017 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1647
As a Finn, this episode made me really happy. Rare to see this many Finnish references in foreign media.


 
May 3, 2017 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8306
Mirai said:
As a Finn, this episode made me really happy. Rare to see this many Finnish references in foreign media.

Seems to be the new fad country for the Japs. Akiba Strip had a Finnish main character too.
 
May 6, 2017 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1446
Highlight of the episode was Sucy's bare legs.
 
May 15, 2017 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 52
Got kinda annoyed with Akko this time like girl, if you don't have patience, at least keep your mouth shut. On the other side I thoroughly meeting Lotte's family and seeing her homeland, the people there were really weird (in a good way). To sum up, I hope Akko's development is kept and that we'll see Sucy's home soon.
 
May 16, 2017 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14611
and Akko wake up the fourth word!!!
Funny episode to find the ingredients to mka the medicine ;)


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Jul 2, 2017 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 24835
Fun episode and she actually unlocked another word! Pretty nice development. Let's see what's next!
 
Jul 6, 2017 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2658
HAPANSILAKKA!? HOLY S***!!! THEY USED FINNISH WORD!!! So PROUD! XD And SEIYU (Voice Actor) Said it with Perfect Accent and Wording!

TrashDax said:
Mirai said:
As a Finn, this episode made me really happy. Rare to see this many Finnish references in foreign media.

Seems to be the new fad country for the Japs. Akiba Strip had a Finnish main character too.


Yes!! So Going to be Pround and enjoy Episode! X) (National Pride Xp ;) )
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
 
Jul 6, 2017 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2658
Lol...The "EVIL MASTERMIND" Croix is Planing her next move...with INSTANT RAMEN!! XD

So...Akko is basic not Finnish person...;) WOuld have loved to see her trying to eat Salmiakki! XD Official number 1 Episode for me with these Finnish references! X)

Well...not much of the plot tough 4th word just gotten....silly way tough
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
 
Jul 12, 2017 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5035
Not the best episode, a bit impetuous and random to my taste but still kinda enjoyable.
Let's hope the rest of the gems won't be activated in such hurry (pretty characteristic for this episode).
 
Jul 20, 2017 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 802
Nice "standalone" episode. Akko need a lot of patience, indeed. lol
Lotte and her family were cute.
I think I spotted a few Moomin references (like Lotte's neighbor, who looks like Little My).
Poor Yeti didn't really care about Akko's complains. He was bullied by the internet trolls! lol I'm glad Akko cheered him up.
 
Aug 23, 2017 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5718
That was a fun episode that explored some of Akko's character flaws, such as her impatience and aggressive at times attitude (which totally backfired on that reindeer...he was having none of her shit, though he was forced to, er, produce some for her).

Poor yeti getting trolled online. It's one thing to harass deviantART users, Nazis, etc, but leave yetis out of it.

Good a time as any to post this:



You only need THREE

MORE

WORDS!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
 
Aug 28, 2017 4:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2302
this was a fun little adventure with some funny moments like akkos inpatients. Lotte father is huge and her moms is so tiny.
 
Sep 11, 2017 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 3375
Lel it felt a bit sidetracked from the main story but meh she was able to get another Word
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Sep 27, 2017 11:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 566
That Yeti bit was pretty funny. =)
 
Dec 12, 2017 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3358
Oh, Akko silly girl. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
 
Dec 17, 2017 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 12992
Probably the first episode I wasn't that enthusiastic about. It wasn't bad, just very filler-y and cartoonish. I liked it more when Akko was discovering the words unknowingly through hard work and perseverance. The unintentional pursuit of virtue is what makes it more meaningful. Striving for humility is a good thing, but the entire point diminishes if you start saying "Look at how humble I am!"
 
Dec 23, 2017 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2769
A real nice item collection episode that a lot of fantasy anime do, and they are usually some of my favorites and this one was no different. Poor Yeti tho getting made fun of on the internet lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »