Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2017 7:59 AM

May 2016
So I always believed that they both died and Tomoya did enough good things in his life - represented by the orbs, to turn back time to where she didn't die. But a recent convo with a mate led me to doubt myself and since I'm such a inquisitive person I did some research; however, I find a theory that looks suitable, then another disparate theory comes along and yeah....

I found this theory from a comment section that had a lot of backing, so I was just wondering is this the authentic theory?

Apr 24, 2017 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
metodologia said:

I found this theory from a comment section that had a lot of backing, so I was just wondering is this the authentic theory?

Not at all, it wasn't his imagination for sure. You should read VN for better understanding. But your interpretation was quite accurate.
http://s196.photobucket.com/user/asuna888/media/drawingv2.png.html
Yes, he was moved to other timeline, because he was always very helpful for everyone. Take a note that this anime mixed all the routes from VN (in the same way like Kanon 2006), normally, you can't start After Story arc if you didn't read all other routes. Similar situation you can find in Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO (I believe that Clannad was highly inspired by Yu-No,and I highly recommend you Yu-No, one of the best VN which was ever created). In this VN you couldn't read epilogue (the best and mind blowing part of this game, ~8h of reading) if you didn't collect all the time manipulation orbs. You can do it only if you replay the whole game with all routes. Yu-No was way more complicated, but the general idea is similar.

So, yeah, you can treat those orbs materialised good deeds or something similar, because of it Tomoya was moved to other timeline (his wish), where Nagisa and Ushio didn't die.
I'm not good in exmplining, but
https://fakemorisummer.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/clannad-a-comprehensive-ending-explanation-interpretation-analysis/
this should be enough. Like you see, it's MUCH deeper story.
rsc-plApr 24, 2017 11:50 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 24, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2016
rsc-pl said:
metodologia said:

Not at all, it wasn't his imagination for sure. You should read VN for better understanding. But your interpretation was quite accurate.
http://s196.photobucket.com/user/asuna888/media/drawingv2.png.html
Yes, he was moved to other timeline, because he was always very helpful for everyone. Take a note that this anime mixed all the routes from VN (in the same way like Kanon 2006), normally, you can't start After Story arc if you didn't read all other routes. Similar situation you can find in Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO (I believe that Clannad was highly inspired by Yu-No,and I highly recommend you Yu-No, one of the best VN which was even created). In this VN you couldn't read epilogue (the best and mind blowing part of this game, ~8h of reading) if you didn't collect all the time manipulation orbs. You can do it only if you replay the whole game with all routes. Yu-No was way more complicated, but the general idea is similar.

So, yeah, you can treat those orbs materialised good deeds or something similar, because of it Tomoya was moved to other timeline (his wish), where Nagisa and Ushio didn't die.
I'm not good in exmplining, but
https://fakemorisummer.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/clannad-a-comprehensive-ending-explanation-interpretation-analysis/
this should be enough. Like you see, it's MUCH deeper story.
Holy... thanks for the link, it was a good and interesting read. That answers everything. I'm surprised people formulate their own theories when theirs this.

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.